Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 08-05-2009, 02:48 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 152.5/149.5/125

Height: 5'5"

Hi there! I love this website, everyone is so encouraging! Its wonderful
I was thinking I am not a feather weight, but I am not sure where to be as far as my weight goes...sometimes I don't feel too bad about myself and other times I want to cry...

Mostly I just want to turn my flab into muscle. I wrote about that in my blog. Its not as much about weight loss as it is about reshaping my body. Its a mess! I have damaged it so badly. *sigh*

Anyway, so I figured I would pop in here and introduce myself!
Harps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 07:37 PM   #242  
Ilene the Bean

Harps, it is never too late to change your body, ever! So start weight training now , you're only 30!!

Last edited by Ilene; 08-05-2009 at 07:39 PM.
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 03:28 PM   #243  

S/C/G: 140/132/110

Height: 5'3

Default Featherweight Newbie

Hi! I've been lurking for a while, but everybody on these forums seems so chill and encouraging, I wanted to join in. I'm interested in losing weight mainly because I come from a family where weight has always been a major health issue - both my mom (with a BMI of 60) and my dad (with a BMI of 75) have undergone bariatric surgery in the past three years. I've always been the "skinny" one in my family, even at my highest weight of 160 pounds, but I want to make sure I don't develop the same bad habits my parents did when they were "skinny." I've started exercising and being a little more conscious of what I eat, and I'd like to stay on the right track... or get on an even better one! I'd like to lose about 25 pounds by this time next year to get to a BMI of about 20. Thanks for this section!
SeventeenTheStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:19 PM   #244  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Seventeen, that is so great I'm thrilled for everyone who can catch things before they get worse.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 11:46 PM   #245  
Ilene the Bean

Seventeen...
Old 08-20-2009, 03:23 PM   #246  
Just starting out!

S/C/G: 135/115/110

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacher25 View Post
wow. what a great idea for a thread. im new to 3fc and not really sure where to begin. i'm sure i;ll find lots of advice and support but sometimes i think people will think my vanity pounds arent as important. i weigh about 128ish....not really sure since i dont own a scale....and would like to get to 108. since im just over 5 feet this is reasonable. im gonna try the sonoma diet (since thats the majority of my diet anyway) blended with south beach and exercise a lot....just finding the time will be difficult. i am a kindergarten teacher (hence my name) and i work part time at a day care after school. ideally i'd like to start running again (did so a few years ago in college) in the morning before school and then maybe take a stress-releasing walk in teh evenings...or maybe do a yoga/pilates video when old man winter rolls around.

anyway, just wanted to say hi and thanks for a great room
I just wanted to say hi from another fellow teacher. I'm gearing up for the new year and need to make a plan to stay out of the teacher's lounge where I always slip up. I too have just a bit to go and it seems I always sabotage my efforts when I'm passing by. I just grab a cookie off the table or something like that.
minipony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 03:26 PM   #247  
Just starting out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventeenTheStar View Post
Hi! I've been lurking for a while, but everybody on these forums seems so chill and encouraging, I wanted to join in. I'm interested in losing weight mainly because I come from a family where weight has always been a major health issue - both my mom (with a BMI of 60) and my dad (with a BMI of 75) have undergone bariatric surgery in the past three years. I've always been the "skinny" one in my family, even at my highest weight of 160 pounds, but I want to make sure I don't develop the same bad habits my parents did when they were "skinny." I've started exercising and being a little more conscious of what I eat, and I'd like to stay on the right track... or get on an even better one! I'd like to lose about 25 pounds by this time next year to get to a BMI of about 20. Thanks for this section!
We have the same goal. 110 is where I want to be as well. We can do it and Im glad you've joined.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:28 PM   #248  
Just starting out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shybiird View Post
Hi everyone!

I'm new here at 3FC and this is my first post. It sounds like the featherweights is where I belong here, I'm so glad to have found this group. I wasn't sure I would be able to find a place where I could vent about the few pounds I'm trying to loose without offending/irritating others who are trying to loose a few dozen.

Briefly, here's my story. The last few years of my life have been pretty tumultuous, lots of moving around and new things going on (graduating, new job, marriage, house...). Over that period of time my weight has fluctuated between 122 and 135. Other than to my husband, I never talk about loosing weight, but in my own little world, weight and food seem to be the only things on my mind. I've never had great eating habits, but I've always considered myself to be pretty normal when it comes to food. However, over the past few years, my eating habits have gotten a little out of control.

My eating habits are pretty erratic, sometimes eating regularly and healthy, at other times restricting, fasting and binging. I want to stop these bad behaviors from getting out of control! Ideally, I would like to maintain a weight of about 120lbs. I'm at 127 today, which means I've got 7 lbs to go.

I love exercising and eating good, wholesome, healthy foods. Unfortunately I also love pizza, chips, cookies and chocolate...I just need some lessons in moderation I hope I can find some friends and support here
I can really relate to your pattern of eating. I just joined and am looking forward to using these boards when I need help instead of turning to the food. I think that is what is going to make a difference for me.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:22 AM   #249  
My dream stomach!!

S/C/G: S/C/G: 152/ticker/129

Height: 5' 7"

I just joined today and was shown the way to feather weights. I have about 20ish pounds to lose and can't wait to get started!!
Melly83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:46 AM   #250  
Ilene the Bean

Melly to the Feathers
Old 08-21-2009, 12:23 PM   #251  

Hello everyone~

I have already lost about 8 pounds, but I still have 17 to go!~ But I'll go nice and slow, since my weight isn't too high. ^^

Good luck everyone. <3
Princess Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:20 PM   #252  

S/C/G: 140/132/110

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by minipony View Post
We have the same goal. 110 is where I want to be as well. We can do it and Im glad you've joined.
Yay! When we get there, we can dance together like these crazy carrots.

Last edited by SeventeenTheStar; 08-22-2009 at 12:20 PM.
SeventeenTheStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 05:15 PM   #253  
Ilene the Bean

Princess Pony
Old 08-24-2009, 05:53 PM   #254  

S/C/G: 128/127/115

Height: 5"3'

Hello,
first let me say that this is a great site.
Since i lost my job i've put on 8 pounds,so a pound for each month. I know this can not continue. I'm a nice little muffin now I'm trying to keep myself busy otherwise i end up snacking. So i'm ready to tackle this issue with support of this great group. Let's do it together gals!
focus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:07 PM   #255  
Ilene the Bean

Focus and -- pun intended -- don't lose your focus ...\