Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2015, 09:38 AM   #541  
Hungry for Health! (-:
 
HungerWerks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 986

S/C/G: 141/108.8/BMI above 18.49

Height: 5'2"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzLen View Post
Hello All,
I have been "lurking" for a while and decided I need to take the plunge. Too often I am only held accountable to myself and I tend to be very lenient.

No one thinks I am overweight except myself (mostly because of the clothes I wear), but I am getting older (headed to 50) and my metabolism has slowed. The weight is easier to get on and harder to take off. I am not greedy. I know that I would feel great if I could "only" lose 10 pounds. My hope is that hearing all of your struggles and success will motivate me to do the best I can.

I am fairly active, eat well (one of my children has celiac disease, so we are very healthy eaters), but I am a stress eater and sometimes binge during stressful times. I am 5'4" and always weighed around 123 until after I stopped nursing my 5th child - then the weight started coming on. I weigh 145 now and would be thrilled if I could get down to the lower 130s!! A lot of foods I have eliminated from my diet just because they cause severe bloating (age??).

However, life for me is a journey, so I try anew everyday. I look forward to meeting you all! Thank you for being around
Welcome, Suzlen! I love what you say about starting fresh every day - refreshing! So glad you're going to continue your journey with us.

HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 07:24 PM   #542  
Junior Member
 
hotgranny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 2

S/C/G: 190/159.5/140

Height: 5'6.5"

Smile The last 20.

Hello All. I'm working on getting past this hurdle, been stuck here for almost 2 years. Overall I'm not too unhappy, as life has been extremely stressful and I feel lucky to have not regained everything. I've recently moved to Florida to be closer to my daughter and her family, but being here has been a long-time goal anyway. I spent my childhood in FL and never found anywhere else to be quite as right for me.

So, I'm in a better headspace, more active, and wanting to complete my goal. I'm a little nervous about getting back to the necessary discipline, I'm a cook and I love food. Hoping to get tips from others and give support where I can.
hotgranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 03:51 PM   #543  
Mindful eating for life
 
Scaletosser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: ON Canada
Posts: 14

S/C/G: 155/147/135

Height: 5'5

Default

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this site (all sites really) but just wanted to introduce myself. I have been struggling with the last 20lbs forever!!! Of course sometimes, its the last 15 sometimes it the last 25. Either way, it sucks but trying to stick with it. Currently I have 15 lbs to go. I love this site and have found a lot of great support so I hope to check in daily.
Scaletosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 06:18 PM   #544  
Junior Member
 
colorindark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 2

Default Newbie

Hi everyone,

I used to weigh 120 even when pregnant, and after birth I weighted 130.
I'd like to go back to 120, so just 10lbs to lose.

I don't even know where to begin or anything.
My goal is to see progress in a month. Workout at least 3 days a week.
I'd like SOMEONE to tell that Im working out because right no I don't have the self motivation. I had a baby April 2014.

So... any ideas of how to begin?

Hmm, my eating:
most days I don't eat breakfast.
I do eat lunch - usually a sandwich or leftovers.
Dinner - it's usually meats and salad or potatoes.

I stopped working out 3 weeks ago when I started a new job.
I need..help.

Gyms don't work for me - i never go, and i get embarrassed. Etc.

I like working out with the xbox fitness or this new app Nike training.

Thanks!
colorindark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 06:21 PM   #545  
Junior Member
 
colorindark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamago View Post
Hello,

I've never done a support forum like this before, but I'm hoping that joining might keep me accountable.

I'm short (5'0"), 31 years old, and started gaining weight a few years ago. After having to buy a whole new wardrobe once already, I'm facing having to buy another, so it's time to do something!

The problem? I hate exercise in all forms, and, well, I like eating terribly unhealthy food. Nothing too complex. I live in NYC, and although I walk a fair amount here, I also eat a lot of pizza.

I used to weigh 95 lbs, and am currently at my heaviest at 126 lbs. My goal is 110 lbs, so I need to lose 16+ lbs.

I embarked on an intense exercise routine for 6 months where I did kung-fu a couple of times a week, 2.5 hours/day, but I just couldn't keep it up and nearly destroyed my knees. Now I'm trying home exercise at my own pace with strength and cardio exercises. I'm also trying to cook more, but I have a bad food delivery addiction with Seamless.

I hope I can maintain some lifestyle changes, but in the past, I do well for about a few weeks, then go back to my old ways. I hope that maybe with some help, I can keep my motivation.

Anyway, nice to meet you!
Hi Tamago!

Perhaps we can be buddies?
I also do my workouts from home. I order out a lot as well because I have a toddler at home and most days too exhausted to cook. Im in NJ!

Let me know if you'd like to be buddies

Oh, I weigh 130-133 and I'd like to weigh 120.
colorindark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:25 AM   #546  
Hungry for Health! (-:
 
HungerWerks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 986

S/C/G: 141/108.8/BMI above 18.49

Height: 5'2"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotgranny View Post
Hello All. I'm working on getting past this hurdle, been stuck here for almost 2 years. Overall I'm not too unhappy, as life has been extremely stressful and I feel lucky to have not regained everything. I've recently moved to Florida to be closer to my daughter and her family, but being here has been a long-time goal anyway. I spent my childhood in FL and never found anywhere else to be quite as right for me.

So, I'm in a better headspace, more active, and wanting to complete my goal. I'm a little nervous about getting back to the necessary discipline, I'm a cook and I love food. Hoping to get tips from others and give support where I can.
Welcome! You are in an especially good position, since you're a cook. I'm discovering that 1200 calories a day can go a long way or a short way, and someone with your expertise could really have a jump on making every calorie count!

HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:40 AM   #547  
Hungry for Health! (-:
 
HungerWerks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 986

S/C/G: 141/108.8/BMI above 18.49

Height: 5'2"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaletosser View Post
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this site (all sites really) but just wanted to introduce myself. I have been struggling with the last 20lbs forever!!! Of course sometimes, its the last 15 sometimes it the last 25. Either way, it sucks but trying to stick with it. Currently I have 15 lbs to go. I love this site and have found a lot of great support so I hope to check in daily.
Glad you're here! I feel like the more people that join, the better we'll all do. That support you mention is invaluable!

HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:52 AM   #548  
Hungry for Health! (-:
 
HungerWerks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 986

S/C/G: 141/108.8/BMI above 18.49

Height: 5'2"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorindark View Post
Hi everyone,

I used to weigh 120 even when pregnant, and after birth I weighted 130.
I'd like to go back to 120, so just 10lbs to lose.

I don't even know where to begin or anything.
My goal is to see progress in a month. Workout at least 3 days a week.
I'd like SOMEONE to tell that Im working out because right no I don't have the self motivation. I had a baby April 2014.

So... any ideas of how to begin?

Hmm, my eating:
most days I don't eat breakfast.
I do eat lunch - usually a sandwich or leftovers.
Dinner - it's usually meats and salad or potatoes.

I stopped working out 3 weeks ago when I started a new job.
I need..help.

Gyms don't work for me - i never go, and i get embarrassed. Etc.

I like working out with the xbox fitness or this new app Nike training.

Thanks!
Hiya and welcome! Just my two cents, but a big part of the equation is calorie counting. Have you found a couple of places where you can find out how many calories you need to eat in a day, in order to lose weight? Also, I don't know how tall you are, so I can't really advise, except that I would not suggest going below 18.5 BMI, weight-wise, as doctors say that's dangerous.

Anyway, best of luck!

HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 05:18 PM   #549  
Junior Member
 
perfectdoll01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Guangzhou china
Posts: 2

S/C/G: 88/85.6/64

Height: 173

Default 44 pounds

Thank you for creating this!!
Am struggling to lose 44 pounds and sometimes the road isn't easy.
A little bit about me. Am 24yrs old and am a student studying in China. In a period of 2 years I gained around 65 pounds, bad relationship and unhealthy habits. I recently started going to the gym and I've been watching my diet but sometimes it gets so hard. I love the Chinese but their females are tiny. So hitting the gym is my main source of low self esteem. Due to my rapid weight gain sometimes when I meet an old friend I haven't seen in a while I find it less stressful to lie and say am pregnant

Last edited by perfectdoll01; 10-22-2015 at 05:27 PM.
perfectdoll01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 09:02 PM   #550  
principessa
 
inforthin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: California
Posts: 6

S/C/G: 159/165/138

Height: 5'2"

Default Beauty is in the "I" of the beholder

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectdoll01 View Post
Thank you for creating this!!
Am struggling to lose 44 pounds and sometimes the road isn't easy.
A little bit about me. Am 24yrs old and am a student studying in China. In a period of 2 years I gained around 65 pounds, bad relationship and unhealthy habits. I recently started going to the gym and I've been watching my diet but sometimes it gets so hard. I love the Chinese but their females are tiny. So hitting the gym is my main source of low self esteem. Due to my rapid weight gain sometimes when I meet an old friend I haven't seen in a while I find it less stressful to lie and say am pregnant
Perfectdoll01... look in the mirror...you are perfectly and wonderfully made, and your soul knows it very well. Welcome!
Size can change but beauty of the heart is forever. ;-)
inforthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 07:26 PM   #551  
Junior Member
 
plain jayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 8

S/C/G: 138/133/128

Height: 53 inches

Default

Getting down to the last 5. So a featherweight now but started out many years ago with 45 pounds to lose. Exercise, healthy food, attitude does get easier. But need the support and centering each day to remember what is important. What's important is not food and sweets but spending time with friends, family, being there for others. And can't do that when I'm eating too much, drinking more than I need, not beiing true to myself.
plain jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 09:55 PM   #552  
Hungry for Health! (-:
 
HungerWerks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 986

S/C/G: 141/108.8/BMI above 18.49

Height: 5'2"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by plain jayne View Post
Getting down to the last 5. So a featherweight now but started out many years ago with 45 pounds to lose. Exercise, healthy food, attitude does get easier. But need the support and centering each day to remember what is important. What's important is not food and sweets but spending time with friends, family, being there for others. And can't do that when I'm eating too much, drinking more than I need, not beiing true to myself.
Welcome, Jayne! Sounds like you have good insights and a plan - best ways to meet any goal!

HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:12 PM   #553  
Junior Member
 
charmmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 5

Default

I'm new here like many of you and just about ten pounds to lose. The pounds appeared virtually overnight after an extended course of steroids. My horror when I stepped on the scale!

I am trying to find a plan that works, and that I can stick to given very frequent work travel and crazy hunger around my period.
charmmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 09:05 PM   #554  
Hungry for Health! (-:
 
HungerWerks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 986

S/C/G: 141/108.8/BMI above 18.49

Height: 5'2"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmmy View Post
I'm new here like many of you and just about ten pounds to lose. The pounds appeared virtually overnight after an extended course of steroids. My horror when I stepped on the scale!

I am trying to find a plan that works, and that I can stick to given very frequent work travel and crazy hunger around my period.
Welcome, Charmmy! Please make yourself at home, and feel free to check out the place - there are a lot of good resources here!

HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 01:54 AM   #555  
Junior Member
 
eyesontheprize135's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: CaliForNia
Posts: 3

S/C/G: 174/174/135

Height: 5'5''

Smile First time here and posting...

Hello everyone, I kind of feel out of place but I think this support arena is what I need. I currently weigh 174, this is my highest weight so I'm a little embarrassed. My goal weight is a healthy 135!!! Wishing everyone health, good luck and positivity.
eyesontheprize135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:15 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.