Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-04-2011, 03:28 PM   #451  
Semper Paratus

S/C/G: 181/~ticker~/130

Height: 65.5''

Talking I think I've found my place! :)

Ok, so I did this on one of the other forums, so i figured I'd post it here too, since it is about me

First name (if you want to tell): Victoria
Meaning of user name: I <3 Lady Gaga, and my name.
Geographical location: Arizona
Marital Status: Single
Children/Ages: None
Pets: 1 cat, baby; 2 dogs, Madison and Buster
Hobbies/Interests: Swimming, house sitting, social networking, reading, Dance, watching The Big Bang Theory
Height: 5'6'' On a good day
Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Brown (my hair color changes frequently)
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: (this time around) February 1, 2011
Starting Weight/Present/Goal Weight: 148/130/120 (UGW is 110)
Problem: I like to eat a lot, portion control, boredom eating
Plan/Way of Eating: Nutrisystem, excercise (started running)
Favorite exercise: Running, elliptical, Richard Simmons videos, Dance
Favorite movies: The Breakfast Club, Mean Girls, the list goes on and on.
Favorite books/plays: Mainly Harry Potter, but I love to read, so anything that keeps my interest
Music: I'm open to pretty much anything, but I love Lady Gaga.
Favorite Quote(s): Um, I don't have one off the top of my head
Favorite People (dead and living): My mother, Lady Gaga (), anybody who inspires me, English Boys<3
People I can’t stand: Jessica Simpson, Kanye West (period), at times my little sister but I love her.
Places you’ve been: Arizona, Cali, Colorado, Tennesse, Texas, Florida, Iowa, Nebraska, Spain, Portugal (born there), Hawaii (loved it)
Places you want to visit: Spain, Portugal, Italy, England

Any other tidbits you would like to share: I had two cookies on Friday and I'm still feeling guilty about it. I also didn't excercise much this last week and thats making me feel guilty also.

I weigh once a week, on Tuesdays. I try to excercise everyday at leat 25 mins, usually I run for 10 and walk the rest, as fast as I can.

My mini-goal was to get my mile under 10 mins, I achieved that midway through March.
My second mini-goal is to get 1.5 miles in 10 minutes and 2 miles in 15 mins.
My third mini-goal is to run for 20 minutes straight.
My fourth mini-goal is to run for 25 minutes.
(And finally)
My fifth mini-goal is to run for 30 minutes and hopefully get 4 miles in that time.

My goal weight, which I would be happy with is 120, what I was in highschool (before I went to college and gained all my weight in less than a year :/ ).
My ultimate goal weight is 110, I feel I would be happiest at this weight, my freshman and sophmore years I was between this and 115.

Sorry this got so lengthy :P
lilmonstervictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:52 PM   #452  

S/C/G: 175/147/145

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmonstervictoria View Post
Ok, so I did this on one of the other forums, so i figured I'd post it here too, since it is about me

First name (if you want to tell): Victoria
Meaning of user name: I <3 Lady Gaga, and my name.
Geographical location: Arizona
Marital Status: Single
Children/Ages: None
Pets: 1 cat, baby; 2 dogs, Madison and Buster
Hobbies/Interests: Swimming, house sitting, social networking, reading, Dance, watching The Big Bang Theory
Height: 5'6'' On a good day
Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Brown (my hair color changes frequently)
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: (this time around) February 1, 2011
Starting Weight/Present/Goal Weight: 148/130/120 (UGW is 110)
Problem: I like to eat a lot, portion control, boredom eating
Plan/Way of Eating: Nutrisystem, excercise (started running)
Favorite exercise: Running, elliptical, Richard Simmons videos, Dance
Favorite movies: The Breakfast Club, Mean Girls, the list goes on and on.
Favorite books/plays: Mainly Harry Potter, but I love to read, so anything that keeps my interest
Music: I'm open to pretty much anything, but I love Lady Gaga.
Favorite Quote(s): Um, I don't have one off the top of my head
Favorite People (dead and living): My mother, Lady Gaga (), anybody who inspires me, English Boys<3
People I can’t stand: Jessica Simpson, Kanye West (period), at times my little sister but I love her.
Places you’ve been: Arizona, Cali, Colorado, Tennesse, Texas, Florida, Iowa, Nebraska, Spain, Portugal (born there), Hawaii (loved it)
Places you want to visit: Spain, Portugal, Italy, England

Any other tidbits you would like to share: I had two cookies on Friday and I'm still feeling guilty about it. I also didn't excercise much this last week and thats making me feel guilty also.

I weigh once a week, on Tuesdays. I try to excercise everyday at leat 25 mins, usually I run for 10 and walk the rest, as fast as I can.

My mini-goal was to get my mile under 10 mins, I achieved that midway through March.
My second mini-goal is to get 1.5 miles in 10 minutes and 2 miles in 15 mins.
My third mini-goal is to run for 20 minutes straight.
My fourth mini-goal is to run for 25 minutes.
(And finally)
My fifth mini-goal is to run for 30 minutes and hopefully get 4 miles in that time.

My goal weight, which I would be happy with is 120, what I was in highschool (before I went to college and gained all my weight in less than a year :/ ).
My ultimate goal weight is 110, I feel I would be happiest at this weight, my freshman and sophmore years I was between this and 115.

Sorry this got so lengthy :P
Actually, it is really fun to hear about people. What an interesting job you have! I hope you like it here at 3FC. I find it very inspiring. J.
jojotheyoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:23 PM   #453  

Hi guys
I am back on my third attempt to get under ten stone (140lb) and this time stay there. I'm 143 at the moment but not sure if I'm heading towards 138 or 133. Was feeling mega motivated at first (started at the end of March) but now it's starting to wane. Lots of temptation coming up- a whole hen weekend/bachelorette this week, in two weeks a holiday with my family (including cheese pushing dad). Looking for the right forum to hang out in this time. Could it be this one?
dilleight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:59 AM   #454  
And so it begins....

S/C/G: 135/ticker/118

Height: 5'0"

Default Home

Yay!!! I am so happy to have found this thread!! I can relate to so many of these posts...

Well, here I am... Day 1! Very exciting. I begin my journey with the TurboJam 10-day kick start... and hope to move on to more TurboJam and then TurboFire.... any thoughts?

I am more concerned with losing weight and toning up to feel more comfortable with my body and in my own skin... I want to enjoy clothes shopping again!!

I am looking forward to hearing from you all and learning about your progress and success!! Nice to meet you all!!

Talk to you soon!
~stephanie~
SweetSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:44 AM   #455  
Scotch

S/C/G: 146/146/128

Height: 5'5.5"

Hi everyone,

I'm new to 3FC - just joined yesterday. This forum was suggested to me by another member, I also just joined 30 somethings.
It's comforting to hear from those in the same situation - wanting to lose 15-20 lbs and having a hard time.
I completely related to the comment above regarding the perception of vanity when joining a group to lose smaller amounts of weight - but it's SO TRUE...not about vanity at all. The last amounts of weight are the hardest to lose and can be so frustrating!!

Looking forward to being a part of this forum!! I want to lose 20lbs, I didn't lose it in time for my brothers wedding, but I hope to lose it in time for the 2 other weddings i will be a part of in the fall. I don't want to be the girl with the small waist and big a*s forever, lol! I'd like to trim down and be proportioned and finally buy pants that fit my waist and my thighs!!
scotchcanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 01:11 AM   #456  

S/C/G: 175/167/145

Height: 5' 10"

Hi scotchcanada,
The Monthly chat thread is quite active in featherweights. Come join us!
ann71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 03:40 AM   #457  

Hi everyone. I'm 21 year old student from Croatia, who decided to lose same weight. I had Lyme disease and in that period i gained 20 lbs. It's not too much, but it make me feel less comfortable in my own skin. So i decided to join this forum for some support. From now on i need to eat less and exercise. That's my decision! Wish me luck!
blondy505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:20 AM   #458  

Height: 5'6

I heard about this thread and this is definitely for me. I don't have much to lose but want to overall be fit and toned. I've always been what they refer to as "skinny fat". I was slender but not very toned. Kind of small on top and dumpy on the bottom, always relying on my decent metabolism to get me through. My body fat was too high for someone of my height and weight - 33% at my highest weight. I recently had it checked and it was 18.2%. So, I'm worlds away from where I once was, lol. Granted, it's been like a four-year journey from there to here. I'm so happy I found this wonderful site.

Last edited by fitmom; 07-08-2011 at 09:20 AM. Reason: spelling error
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:19 PM   #459  
Losing 20! :)

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5ft 5in

Thank goodness!! I only have 10-15 to lose. I am pretty small now but bikinis!?? No way!! Wouldnt wear one lol. Not yet.
kiahna23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:37 PM   #460  

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiahna23 View Post
Thank goodness!! I only have 10-15 to lose. I am pretty small now but bikinis!?? No way!! Wouldnt wear one lol. Not yet.
How about a tankini? I did that for awhile before I took the plunge, last summer, no pun intended. It was nerve-racking b/c once I bought it, I realized I actually had to wear it. I wore it on vacation last year and thought everyone would be laughing at the middle-aged woman (that would be me) in the Gap Body green bikini but no one even blinked an eye except my hubby who kept complimenting me. Bless his heart b/c normally he doesn't say much about my appearance, lol.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 05:54 PM   #461  

S/C/G: 148/122/119

Height: 5'7.5"

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping to get motivated to lose the last 5 lbs and get to my ultimate goal weight. More importantly, I'm hoping this featherweight group can provide a sense of accountability because I love junk food. I also love exercising but I have less free time than I used to so I'm hoping to get back on track in that area as well. Good luck everyone.
Jubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:24 PM   #462  

S/C/G: 123/123/113

Height: 5'3"

Reading this forum has convinced me not "diet" but to focus on being healthy in my eating choices on a permanent basis- and it is working. I already feel better! Now if I can just feel the same way about exercise...
jens10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:10 AM   #463  
whimsical and redheaded

S/C/G: Current:128.8 Goal:125

Height: 5'6''

I just introduced myself on the general board, but as this is where I will probably spend most of my time I thought I'd say a quick hello here as well. I'm pleased that there is a place for people that need to lose a limited amount of weight since the problems they face are unique!

If you are curious as to my story, goals and plan, have a glimpse at my full introduction.

Edit: I'd post a handy link, but since I'm new the board does not allow me. Apologies!
Penelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 03:47 PM   #464  

S/C/G: 170/166/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! I'm new here and thought this looked like the forum for me. I'm aiming to lose about 22lbs, and hopefully I will have achieved losing at least half that by the start of October when my boyfriend comes back from Europe. I am quite comfortable in my body, but my main goal is to be able to wear a bikini this summer (I'm in Australia so it's almost spring here) without being self-concious and feeling "fat".

It's good to see there are other people like me here
jennybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:26 PM   #465  

S/C/G: 130/120/110

I'm happy I found this thread! I just started my new diet today. I'm going for lowcarb. I have a bit of an headhake for the moment, but I think this is normal, for the first three days of a low carb diet. Isn't it?

Well, so you know me a bit more, I will share with you that I want to lose weight so I fell better about my self. I feel good with myself. For a few months now I've been taking care of myself: I got a new haircut ans started putting a bit of makeupp keeping it natural. All was fine until I saw my picture. My belly is the part, I dislike the most, even if it came with a few children to love and care for .

My goal is reasonnable, and I've been there before. I'm not in a rush. I want to change my eating habits and hopefully be more active.

I'm looking forward to share with you all. And I wish all of you featherweigths all the determination that is takes to acheive your personnal goals.
20togo2011 is offline   Reply With Quote