Old 03-19-2007, 05:00 PM   #181  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Afternoon and believe me, it's good. I just got back from the hospital where I had a colonoscopy this afternoon. How many of you have had one? The 40+ hours of no food and sitting on the John was a pain in the butt, in more ways than one. But I passed with flying colors and I'm going to eat a horse as soon as DH gets it cooked. (He's a fantastic cook)He thought I should eat something mild so he's making orange roughy for supper. They said I probably won't be back to my weight for 3 days or so, I dropped 3.5 pounds. It would be lovely if it stayed off but thats not going to happen. I prayed about this since my appointment, I wasn't worried about the procdure. What scared the heck out of me was what they would find. Thank You Jesus, they found nothing.
I'll have to spend a few hours reading some of the post so I can get to know everyone better, bye for now.
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 05:29 PM   #182  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS ~

Same O' same O' around here. Got home from work early, took the mutts on a 2 miler down to the vet for ear medicine for Rylee. Making hamburger soup for dinner with rustic bread for dinner. Ron has a tennis match so this will be easy to re-heat.

After church yesterday, Angie and I worked in the yard. We bought some new plants and a fountain at Lowes on Saturday before the BBQ. The BBQ went well. The house situation for the kids hasn't changed much. They will be trying to meet with a lawyer this week and get some more information. Keep those prayers coming!

JOANNE ~ It is good to see you here. We do run across each other from time to time don't we? Yes the prices for housing here is outrageous...a false value with all those loans that were bogus, driving the prices up. It is pricy here, compared to other areas, of course because of the good weather. Great job by your son, we know all about crystal meth in our family from my brother's past. Thank God that has been almost 20 years ago. I had a few friends "lost" for good from that evil drug. We will pray for your health! keep coming back.

BOBBI ~ of course it is his favorite bone! You keep filling it up with peanut butter We use those kongs and fill them with peanut butter and banannas and a cookie...keeps them busy for a little while. Glad to see you came back for a visit! My ex-wife's family is from Minnesota.

ROSEBUD ~ Angie's mom is Irish and her father was Italian. German here. We had a great BBQ, we had leftover sausage from the Viking Festival, we helped my ex-wife at, for the Norwegian Club. They over ordered and gave away food rather to the volunteers becasue they had no place to store it, plus it is kind of hard to give away sausage. Glad you could get out and cruise!

REBA ~ I hope you had an easy day at work. You better take it easy girl! I hope you feel better soon!

WILMA ~ Good to see you had a nice week-end!

LENA ~ It can be frustrating when there is a lull in your weight loss, or even unexpected gain, you just have to work (pray) and push (pray) through it. It isn't always easy, mostly it is not. But the rewards that come with the effort will be AMAZING! if you keep your focus on the "END" result...not the daily ups and downs. HE allows us to go through struggles daily doesn't HE? But we know the "END" result is incredible!
We believe that every sinner saved through Christ is a saint. We believe that through Christ God answers our prayers in His own way and not ours. We believe as saints that we all have God given talents, that we are to use for His Glory, we pray through Christ that God leads and directs us to those people that can help us or that He leads them to us in our times of need. Thank you for sharing with me your views! I could have handled the GREEN
beer but not the oysters!

Well I think I am caught up...off to the tennis match... and prayers for you AUNT SUE!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 05:31 PM   #183  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Hey BOBBI ~ You posted while I was typing...to answer your question ~ been there done that! Not pleasant as you say but to hear "ALL CLEAR" is wonderful!
Old 03-20-2007, 12:14 AM   #184  

Default Hi there!

Reba- Thanks! glad to hear you met your goal!!!
Bobbi- Welcome! So happy to hear your test came back good.
E.Z.- Thanks! I appreciate your hard work, but Spring arrives tom. or actually today because it is after midnight anyway so the snow has to dissapate soon, prayers all works out for the kids, what an awfull situation... I can't wait to barbaque love them in the summer too cold right now to stand outside on porch..
Joanne- Welcome - please post and let us know how your doing.
Rosebud- sorry to hear about your post ending in cyber space. lately I click on edit and copy so if it dissappears I can't just paste it back in...
Reba - sorry to hear about gallbladder prayers your feeling much better, but take it easy...
Wilma- glad you got a chance to relax this weekend...
Lena- thanks! genius, its been along time well then again maybe never since I have been called that, glad it helped... about not loosing-- unfortunately that happens were you plateau, last week I even gained a pound and I can only eat 1 meal a day the rest are medifast shakes. my meal is 4 oz chicken and some veggies (salad or veggie) are you drinking your water that usually helps to flush the system.
well gotta run, going to lobby the capital tom, with the Christian lobby group and have to meet the rest of them at 6:30am about 20 mins from home. So gotta run, prayers ! I lost 7 lbs today at weigh in yeah!!!
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:49 AM   #185  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

My brother in law called me last night, the doctor found a very large lump in my 25 yr. old nieces breast. Asking for prayers that God's will be done, and she will be healthy through, whatever the outcome of more testing reveals.

Last edited by EZMONEY; 03-21-2007 at 06:15 PM.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:42 PM   #186  

Default E.z.

so sorry to hear about your niece prayers that it is a fibroid, that is not a health hazard and for strength while they are testing! Blessings!
Old 03-21-2007, 12:05 AM   #187  
Walking by faith

Smile Checking in...

Thank you so much for the welcome!

Bobbi: Congrats on a clean bill of health! You deserve a nice dinner after having to drink that NASTY stuff

Gary: Prayers going up for your niece. Please keep us posted!

Lena: Sending you some I'm struggling with my weight loss too

Reba: Hope you're recovering well after your surgery.

to everyone!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 04:56 PM   #188  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Cool Spring is here ...

Hi Everybody: We actually had rain here today and very mild temps for this area ... simply amazing; so we can say that spring arrived at the right time for once, but will it last ... hmmmm???

We had two financial issues come up lately, and I'm thrilled to report that God came thru for us once again! I determined that I would put my complete trust in him, leaving the problems in his hands; and they both were resolved this week.

GARY ~ sorry to hear about your niece; prayers for her and her family at this time. And, maybe a lawyer can give the kiddies the advice they need.

LENA ~ you always lose weight faster in the beginning; your numbers are actually higher than you realize. Most people will fall off to 1-2 lbs a week, which is considered to be a safe, healthy loss schedule.

SUE ~ CONGRATS on your patience; it pays off in the end!
REBA ~ take it easy for awhile; you need time to recover.
HI TO EVERYONE ELSE ~ WILMA, BOBBI, JOANNE, and 100%; hope you are all well.

Gotta go get dinner on, so God Bless ~ your fellow encourager ... Rosebud.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:22 PM   #189  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Hi Gals ~

Update on my niece ~ After the test results yesterday, my bil informed us thios morning that they have decided to operate and remove the lump...I guess it is a golf ball size...something about there wasn't a sack of fluid around it so it could be cancerous? I will keep you posted.

AUNT SUE ~ Hope your lobbying was a success!

ROSEBUD ~ The kids have an appointment with a real estate lawyer on Thursday. So good to hear your $$$ issues went well.

JOANNE ~ Thank-you and ALL of you fro your prayers on my nieces behalf!
Old 03-21-2007, 11:15 PM   #190  

Default Hi there!

Homebound- welcome!!

Rosebud- Thanks!!! So happy your prayers were answered...

EZ- prayers continue for your niece! and the Kids! Hopefully we made an impression, there is so much they are working to approve that I am so against. Embryonic stem cell research, Taxpayer funded abortions, mandating HPV vaccinations, hate speech legislation, civil unions ect ect ect.
Gotta run, but your in my prayers.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:04 AM   #191  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

I had a nice long message yesterday and it disappeared. I even hit submit!! I don't know what happened.

Lena: I know exactly the frustration you're feeling about the weight not going down. Just keep up your good work and it has to move again. Maybe just change up your exercise or eating a bit. When I was losing it would be 3 weeks without losing anything and then one week it would be 2 - 3 pounds gone. It was just how I lost!

Bobolink: I'm glad your test results were clear. I've never had a colonoscopy but it sure doesn't sound like fun! Glad you're here with us.

Gary: You just have to keep talking about flowers and fountains while I'm sitting here knee deep in snow!! I am so ready for green grass and flowers. At least the snow is melting even if it's not fast enough for me.

My prayers are with your niece and the family. Pray it's NOT cancer.

Sue: Always good to read your posts. You are so encouraging to all of us. I wonder too if you'll even need surgery if you keep losing at the rate you are!

Homebound: Praying for you in your Weight loss struggles. Keep posting!

Rosebud: Isn't God good? He cares about EVERYTHING in our lives.

It's off to work again. Have a great day!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 02:55 PM   #192  
one sexy science teacher

S/C/G: 231/194/130

Height: 5'5"

Happy almost friday!

I decided this morning that I don't care anymore what the scales say. I know I'm losing inches and that muscles weigh more than fat blobs... I fit myself into a pair of 16 dress slacks for work today w/o oozing out of the top of them or having gross dimples in the seat. (you know what I mean)... This is huge for me (or maybe really small for me) because when I started this journey in Jan I was wearing size 22. I have already gotten rid of most of my old fat pants, having kept only a pair of jeans to wear when I'm walking in the morning. It's a good motivator for me in the morning to have to bunch them all up w/ my belt so they don't fall down since I didn't use to have to wear a belt with them.

I am keeping you all in my prayers!

lena
haeyu14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 04:57 PM   #193  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Cool Just a quick note ...

Hi Everybody ...

LENA ~ I forgot to mention about the ski-walking when I last posted. You don't have to have snow, just the ski-poles. They give you balance and help your speed. I imagine they would be great for hiking. DH and I picked up two pairs of poles at a SHS (second-hand store) here for only two bucks a pair (the good kind with grip handles). They must have cost somebody a good penny originally; good deal for us though. It's a national past-time in Canada to go to yards sales, flea markets, and second-hand shops, etc (esp on Saturday mornings every summer). Congrats on the NSV (non-scale victory)!!!

WILMA ~ Yes, He has been faithful; glad things are going well for you too!

GARY ~ Glad the docs decided to be cautious; that's probably wise; and continued prayers ...

HELLO TO EVERYONE ELSE ~ SUE, 100%, REBA, BOBBI, JOANNE; God Bless and your all in my prayers ... Rosebud.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 06:26 PM   #194  

S/C/G: 235/224/140

Height: 5'6"

Hola! I'm new here and I'm hoping to find a group to fit in with. I've been a christian for 3 years and I am trying to lose weight. Sometimes its hard because being single in the church means that people try to feed me all the time. I'm not quite sure how this works. Does everyone reply to the one post? Do you have a forum? I'm still new to this online world. I hope everyone has a great day!
wisdominolympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:30 PM   #195  

S/C/G: 280/241/150

Height: 5'5"

How has your day been?

Mine has been good... I'm tired this evening, but not as much as the other days this week.

I worked 1/2 a day today because I had a dr appointment in Dothan. The surgeon has released me. He said that I will still have days that I want to come home and stretch out on the couch... he said no horses or motorcycles for a while and to watch lifting for another week or so. Basically, he said if I feel like doing something, do it. If it hurts, stop... if I'm hesitant to do do something, wait and don't do it...

Welcome to all the newbies! You've found a great place to post!

Know that I am praying for each of you!
RebaR is offline   Reply With Quote