Old 02-14-2007, 08:15 PM   #91  
Quit counting at 45!

Right back at you Gary!! And everyone else.
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 10:24 PM   #92  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Smile Happy Valentine's Day to you all ...

Hi Everyone:

Well, we've had three straight days of glorious sunshine ... and a perfect start for this special day. Hope you all had a good one too!

My devotional for today shares that this day is all about LOVE, and about the many ways that we can pass that love on to others.

God loved us; he sent his son; Jesus loved us; he sent his love ...

Gee Sue, like Gary, I am also concerned about your new eating plan. I'll join him in those prayers.

This week is calm and pleasant. Take care, Rosebud ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 11:21 PM   #93  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

[QUOTE=Justwant2Bhealthy;1573534]..... Gee Sue, like Gary, I am also concerned about your new eating plan. I'll join him in those prayers. .....QUOTE]

Don't worry ROSEBUD ~ Sue is under Doctors care. I was teasing her.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 07:57 PM   #94  

Default Hi there!

Wilma- Thanks! Yeah I am finally feeling like I am on my way... I have been scared to loose that it would effect approval but not now... i can get serious again about loosing.. Sorry to say it hasn't been very warm here either, we are just recovering from a North Eastern w/ snow totals of 3 feet plus, so lots of exercise shoveling... Roast chicken sounds yummy.. I
E.Z.- Thanks! I was not once as innocent as I am now, so might take alot to shock me... I have always been a good girl but in early adult hood worked at a dude ranch and there was lots of drinking and partying and some wild times, which I wish were not all a part of my past, but then again I think it helped groom me to be a strong advocate for the youth in my youth group and understand how easy somethings happen and how much forgiveness the Lord trully has.. So! I would take you up on the offer, even just to have the opportunity to meet two such wonderful people. You both are special...
Rosebud- Thanks ! I can always use prayers but I am being very safe I researched my Doctor, he is one of the best on the east coast He has 18 years experience. I am monitored weekly by cardiac check and weigh in and blood work, or I can't get the next script of medifast... So even though anything can happen I am being safe and I need to do this... I have gained and lost so many times and I loose and get to a plateau that I can't break through. This time I will, with the surgeons help and God's grace.. Apprciate the concerns but I gotta do it., so I most definitely welcome the prayers. Luv ya all, hope ya had an awesome Valentine's day! catch ya later!

Last edited by doitforme; 02-15-2007 at 09:03 PM.
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 10:36 PM   #95  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doitforme View Post
E.Z.- Thanks! .. So! I would take you up on the offer, even just to have the opportunity to meet two such wonderful people. You both are special...
Of course you know there is always a standing invitation ~ anytime that cruise ship docks in San Diego!....about our past God knows, and that's all that matters!
Old 02-17-2007, 05:49 PM   #96  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Hey gals, over in Diet Central ~ under FOOD ~ there is a thread, Italian Magazine ~ there is a story about Angie's family ~ look at SUZANNE's post.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:06 PM   #97  
Rosebud

Smile Have a great weekend ...

Hello, my new friends:

OK ... Sue, I hear and feel the desperation in that plea. I'm still worried, and I will be putting you on my "special prayer list"; and believe me, it exists. I went back over the posts trying to figure out just what kind of operation you were referring to ... hmmmmmmm! I want posts and updates, week by week; and I want to know when this will happen, so I can pray lots!

And Gary ... I agree with that wonderful advice ... totally! Mums the word, my dear!!! The cross took care of everything, remember. I call it the cross of forgiveness ... and the cross of love! Even wrote a song about that.

DH and I are having a pleasant Saturday night with the "light" popcorn and diet soda; he's watching old, classic comedies and I'm surfing the net. We respect each other's space; but he pops in now and then for a chat.

We had blowing winds and snow today; so we stayed in; and I just watched and conversed with DH while he completed some of his chores (mine were already done for the week). I try to be as supportive to him as he is to me; that's what marriage is about.

DH is a former auto mechanic; who likes to help out others on a casual basis. He has many handy skills; that's why I married him. We've never had to pay anyone to fix our vehicles or do repairs around our home. He says that my talents as a cook and good bookkeeper impressed him too.

I am a former Community Support Worker with a double college education. I could update my profile; but I was just a bit leery about disclosing too much personal info on the net; being forwarned to be cautious. I'm sure you all understand that ...

Well, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend; and I'll come back to chat with you again next week. Your newest encourager ... Rosebud.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:05 PM   #98  
Rosebud

Question Where is everbody?

Hello out there ... in chickieland!

Am I the only one around these days? I heard a rumor today that Oprah mentioned this site on her show, so we may see a influx of new members very soon (one for sure already). Maybe some will come here to our thread; hope so.

Where is Marg, Reba, Wilma, and wasn't there a Misti here at one time ... hmmm? I guess everyone's very busy these days; though I find I have more free time in Feb and March. Come spring, we will be planning, preparing, and planting our garden. DH wants to make it bigger this year; that's fine, if he is willing to help with the increased labor too.

He says np ... it's the prices of the veggies during winter that gets him going, I'm sure! Almost fainted when he paid $2.99 for a bunch of celery last week. Told him that when the prices get that bad, I shop around or pass it by altogether for that week. We stalk up our freezer with veggies from our garden for the winter. I put them down in small packages ready to just thro into a pot or soup/stew, etc. Every bit helps.

Made a pot of tomato beef & barley soup today from leftovers; it was fab. I'm gonna check some of the recipes down at diet central later; I hear they have some really good ones there. We're having leftover roasted chicken (one of my Sunday favorites). Have you ever tried spit BBQ'd chickens; they are much leaner than fried; we love it. We can pick that up at a local deli here for a very reasonable price; and it's a lot healthier for us too.

We have chicken at least two times week; once with tators and once with a rice dish. I like rice with pork chops or steak too! I think it's getting close to dinner, cuz I got food on the brain. LOL! Yah, it's just after five; gotta go get that dinner on.

Not much else goin' on here. I'll be back soon to chat again. Take care all. Your newest encourager ... Rosebud.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:38 PM   #99  

Default Hi there!

E.Z.- Thanks! The polenta sounds interesting as I like corn meal.. But have never had it.. Neat article though. So true about God's Grace.
Rosebud-Hi! Thanks for your concern it is appreciated all the prayers. I lost 15.1 lbs this past week, I weighed in yesterday. I feel fine no problems, and everything is fine. I did learn they submit the whole file to the insurance company after you loose half of the required weight for surgery. So I also need prayer that the procedure is approved as it is not I need to loose 4 more pounds and I will be half way there so should be submitted to insurance co. after weigh in next week. I am haveing a roux and y ny. hopefully if approved. I have decent insurance as I work for the state so hopefully will be approved. I have to work days tom. then go to support group tom night. Then Thurs. is endocrinologist and nutritional consult then Fri - upper G.I., chest x-ray, pulmonary studies, and ultrasound of gallbladder, pancreas, ect. so really appreciate prayer that surgery will be approved. Have a great day...
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 08:23 PM   #100  

im new. interested in site but not sure how to do this help please!
laundrychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 08:32 PM   #101  

2 bad tests this week just need prayer please. i need to have faith God will help me lose the weight I need to lose
laundrychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:31 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 280/241/150

Height: 5'5"

sorry I haven't been around much lately...well, i've been reading just not posting much...

I'm dealing with the crud right now and just want to curl up asleep when I get home from work... I've been drinking some hot herbal tea this evening to see if that will sooth my throat some... coughing, not much of a voice, congestion- general yuck!!

Went to the gastro doc yesterday... will be seeing a surgeon in a couple of weeks- possible gall bladder surgery coming up... i'm just ready for it be done! I've been dealing with the symptoms since October- (actually longer) and it's getting worse... tests don't show gallbladder (or anything)....but the symptoms sure are gallbladder....

this is the last week for our pastor... he and his family are moving to KY to be closer to his family.... pray for them as they move and our church as we begin the search....

now... there's the update... sorry that you asked?? LOL

Reba
RebaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:56 AM   #103  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning

Thought I'd drop in for a sec. I don't have a lot of time to post but I do want you to know that I am praying for you all. It sounds like for the most part that you're doing well.

Things are going well here too. The weather has warmed up bringing with it snow!! I'll be so glad when spring gets here.

DS has an interview for his practicum on thursday. Please pray that he gets a placement. They do the practicum for 2 months to gain job experience. Then, hopefully a real job will come right after that. He's also getting a head cold which will be great for the interview!! Thanks for your prayers.

Gotta go brush the snow off my van and get going to work.

Have a great day!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:24 AM   #104  
one sexy science teacher

S/C/G: 231/194/130

Height: 5'5"

Hi all. I'm new to 3fatchicks, so I'm not exactly sure what to be doing. My principal actually showed me this website yesterday and I seem to be hooked. Basically I just want to say "hi" and see where things go from there.
haeyu14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:35 PM   #105  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS ~

I don't know what is going on here. I have lost 3 posts the last 3 days. I have been able to complete some in General chatter but they have been short ones. I guess some others are having trouble too.

Not much going on around here. Angie finished painting the diamonds on the hall bathroom, the familyroom is almost complete, I will do the baseboards tomorrow and we are waiting for the new carpet to go in, it is on order.

Work has been slow here, plenty coming up, so I have taken advantage of it to do constructive things like re-aquaint myself with my recliner! I actually started working on my son's baseball cards, they are pretty much in order but I need to sort them out and get rid of the non value ones...they really take up space, he has well over 10,000 of them.

WILMA~Prayers for your son! I know it has been a long road for him.

AUNT SUE~ Got'cha covered...SMOTHERED!...in prayers!!

HAEYU14~ Welcome!

REBA~Prayers for your pastor and your search.

LAUNDRYCHICK~You are doing the right thing, just keep copming back and let us know what to pray for.

ROSEBUD~Angie and I pick up those chickens almost every week, we take it apart and put it on tortillas with beans, sour cream, lettuce, tomato, onion, salsa and guacamole. We also use it in salads and sandwiches and soups. Then Angie makes broth and we use it to add to our dogs kibble.

Well, I will try to post more tomorrow.