Old 04-29-2007, 10:33 PM   #301  

Default Hi there!

SusanB. So glad your ds is home, I can't wait for my niece to come home for the summer she is 11 hours away. She comes home the end of May as she is doing the May term, as well
Elliesmom- CONGRAT'S DOWN 1.5 LBS GREAT JOB! Hope you were able to enjoy the park, keep posting how your doing!
Rosebud- I hate computer problems, can be so fustrating, it has been raining here so praying for some sunny skies so I can get out walking again, Stay positive through all the negative stuff!
Blessings to everyone else. I have to get up at 4am and do night rounds at work but after that I am off the better part of the week, prayers please for my dad having skin cancer removed from his head on Thurs. that allgoes well, well gotta get to bed 4am wil come early. weigh in again tom, been a tough week with no walking we'll see. have a great day!
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 11:14 PM   #302  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HEY AUNT SUE ~ prayers for your pops! Give me a wake up call...OK? I have to be up at 4am to...oops...east coast for you...never mind Love YA! Keeping you in my prayers at all times through the journey!!

ROSEBUD~ Not too many wedding plans for me yet other than the scripture...moms are taking care of things. Amanda tried on her wedding dress today...AWESOME! It has been hanging in the closet for awhile. She is GORGEOUS! in it. Sorry about the computer stuff!

ELLIES MOM ~Way to go on the drama! My step-daughter was a drama kid in high school! Tough job you have there!

SUSAN B ~ It is so cool seeing you over here! I am totally loving it! This is where I belong! This thread is my rock! MY gals know who they are...they have always been here for me and I for them! Stay here with us!

ELIZBENNET! I still cannot say enough on how you and ROSEBUDhave helped us "save" this thread from dying out! I hope you had a great time with your mom!

GWYN ~ Way to battle girl! You are on the right track...it isn't easy...just stay focused on the goal!

PHEONIXRISING~ WELCOME!

WILMA ~ Glad to see all seems well for your family!

Well, angie and I went to as IRISH PUB last night with some friends in another city, it was very cool!

Today was an easy day after church, chores then we had a BBQ of flank steak for my daughter in law's 25th birthday! We all played shuffleboard on the new court. It came this last week, Angie and I put it together on Saturday. I will take some pictures and post them soon.

Well gotta go...have a 4am wake up call!

HAVE A GREAT WEEK LADIES!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 11:59 PM   #303  

S/C/G: 501/412/150

Height: 5'6"

Well I weighed in today at the Hospital and I have lost a total of 46 pounds. I am happy about that. I know it is going to be slow since I am on so much insulin and in a wheelchair, but Praise be to God it is going! I am glad about that!. I went and changed my ticker chick too.
This is so much fun and I love reading about everyone's lives and encourageing one another! Thanks SusanB for the great advice, I need to get some weights. I have been doing little things like leg lifts and arm circles. I just gotta get moving more. I hope to be taking very short walks soon, I can walk but not very far. I have to walk with my oxygen too. As soon as it is warm enough I can go to my Mom's and swim in her pool their I can also do a lot of aquatic exersices!
Thank you everyone for all the kindness you have shown to me too. It is deeply appreciated! To GOD BE THE GLORY!
He is worthy of it all! All the glory, all the honor and all the praise! Amen!
Love you all so much! In Christ, Gwyn
Gwynditmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:23 AM   #304  
Walking by faith

Wink Hi Ladies (and Gentleman)

Praise God..He's helping me to meet a challenge I set this week. I'm doing WW, and I've been lazy about recording my food points, so I bought a diary; and I've been keeping it faithfully. A BIG accomplishment for me .

Please continue to keep the residents of South Georgia in your prayers. The wildfires are still raging..we have smoke and ash down here; and the fires are 50 miles away! My son is staying in a State work-release facility about 5 miles from where the main fire is. He was supposed to come home yesterday (his 1st visit home in 2 1/2 years), but they had to close the main road due to heavy smoke/fire danger. He's doing o.k. The fire will be going into a 3rd week tomorrow. WE NEED RAIN!

PhoenixRising: Welcome back!

Elizbennet: I hope you had a wonderful visit with your Ma-Ma!

SusanB: Enjoy having your boy home

Ellie's Mom: Congrats on 1.5 lbs gone!

Gwyn: 46 pounds..Awesome! I need to start exercising too. I use a chair and a walker due to problems with my right leg & foot. I have hand weights and I know how to do 'chair aerobics'. I need a to get me up and moving.

Rosebud: I'm glad you got the computer probs fixed God answers prayers!

Gary: I'm still praying for your Dodgers. I'm glad you and your sweetie had a wonderful Lord's Day. My DH has to get up at 3 am (Midnight your time )

to everyone!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:03 AM   #305  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Thanks EZ

Morning everyone! Having my boy home is a blessing. He's such a honey!

Gwyn, you are more than welcome. I love the difference weights have made to me. My heart is just apoppin' for you! I see so many amazing possibilities for you. When's that dr's appt?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:00 PM   #306  

Thank you for the "great" visit wishes - it was! My sisters and I are planning an all girl weekend with mom in June!
That leaves my brother out of the loop, but my sister-in-law gets to come. I think that is fine with my brother as he isn't into Pride and Prejudice and Fiddler on the Roof anyway!
Girls, I am joining you on the weights. When my hubby had shoulder troubles we got some little weights, 2 or 3lbs, and those will be perfect for me now. Ya'll are such motivators for me. Things I have here at home and never "see" until it is mentioned on line. I can do this!
I have 2 boys in college too - a community college in town. They still live at home and I am enjoying every minute of it. It is fun to see them really growing into fine young men, interested in their futures.
Ellies Mom, Oh girl, you were exercising and burning cal/energy like crazy! Now that you can breath again, you and Ellie can get to burning calories. Summer is almost here and school almost out! Your little one may have been in kindergarten this year and will be looking forward to a summer of relaxation w/mom. My daughter is a k-teacher in GA. She loves it and the children do so many fun subjects and activities. My husband made a tree house for her K-room. It is a reading center and the "hot" spot of the room, so she says. Anyway, all that to say - You'll have another 1.5 lbs. off in no time at all!
EZ and Susan B, I would offer wake up calls for you and your loved one but I checked my clock and it doesn't seem to have a 3 or 4 AM on it, anywhere!?!!
I mentioned my daughter, well we spent (ha,ha spent in more than one meaning) a year planning and preparing for her wedding, 3 yrs. this June, and it was so fun and exciting. Good memories and I know yours will be too. Just take it easy and stay laid-back and flexible - all the way past the blessed event!
Homebound - we have more rain coming into AL this week. Prayerfully it will come on over to Waycross and surrounding areas. I know it was hard to have the delay of your son's visit, but be encouraged, God's timing will bring him home at exactly the right time for all.
Ya'll have a great day and weight on the Lord - No, that didn't really come out right, even though the Lord and our weight/waiting should be connected into our daily lives. Be checking back with you later!
elizbennet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:06 PM   #307  

I am so stupid. I just sent a note to you all and it got posted way back up around 4-21-07 right under my own note. Please take the time to check it out as there is No way I can retype it. Thanks! Catch you later.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:31 PM   #308  

Default Hi there!

E.Z.,- too bad there is a three hour time difference- 4am here is 1am there, you would have been early.. Thanks for all your prayers.. Dad actually is doing really well so do not expect any problems... However with his history of CHF, and apnea, never like to have him sedated... even though it will be minimally... Waiting those pics, how is it working out with the kids and the house were they able to fix their problem at all?
Gwyn- CONGRATS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS AND BEING MOTIVATED... you are doing awesome keep it up...
Homebound- continued prayers for the situation in Georgia and that your ds for safety and rain GREAT JOB STAYING ON TRACK...
SusanB- enjoy your son, it is amazing how quickly they grow up..
Elizabennet- thanks for the thought of a wake up call! , I definitely didn't feel like getting up so fully understand... enjoy those girltime weekends...
Hi there Wilma- prayers all well with you, gotta get E.Z. to send more sun and I will forward the rain to Georgia...
I am doing great, I lost 5 lbs all going well... prayers you have an awesome day! Blessings! Hi to all I missed.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:53 AM   #309  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

I love how busy this thread is. It encourages me to keep going at this weight loss thing. I have about 20 - 25 lbs. to lose and it's not wanting to leave. I am starting to exercise more. My niece is wanting to walk with me so that; it gives me added incentive. Having her here is making me cook meals each night. She won't eat veggies and that is a challenge for me. I won't be making stir frys when she's here. I do have my salads at lunch and cook veggies for myself so I have no excuse.

My inlaws are going to be here this weekend and that has added challenges with meals but my MIL and I get along well and she is so willing to help. I know there'll be baking around when she's here!

We are also celebrating 2 birthdays this weekend and they have each chosen their meals. We are barbequing shish-kabobs and ribs and I'll be making salads to go along with that. Should be fun!

I better get going. I appreciate all of you and your prayer support. That's what's kept me going these past years. the faces on this thread keep changing but the prayer support never does. Neat isn't it?

Have a great day!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:16 PM   #310  
striving to be a loser

Ladies, you all are doing so awesome. What inspirations you all are. Praise be to God! I used to come on here more often, then life takes me away. LOL But the first of the year I decided to get serious again and grab hold of the reigns and start WW on my own. Lost 52 pounds this year and have a long way to go. It's so good to see familiar faces I remember from long ago.
Jackay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:35 AM   #311  

S/C/G: 501/412/150

Height: 5'6"

Jackay! The more the marrier!
Keep posting! Great Job with the 52 pound loss! You are doing super duper!
Keep on keepin on!
YOU GO GIRL!!!
SusanB. My doc appointment is today, so I will check back in later and let you know what he said! Thanks for being excited for me.
Wilma, you will make it just fine this weekend! Just remember everything but in moderation.
You can do it! eat those veggies and pay no attention to the nay sayers.
Keep your eye's on Jesus and he will guide you into all truth and with the temptation he will provide the way of escape. I know, he did it for me just today! Keep on keepin on!
Doitforme, Thank you for the great encouragement! You are wonderful and I appreciate all of you my brothers and sisters in Christ! Glad your Dad is doing well! Praise the Lord for he is good! His Love endures forever! and ever! Amen!
Elizbennet you are such a kind encourager! I am so happy that you are going to get to spend that time with your loved ones. That is good news!
Homebound I am sorry you missed your visit with you Son. I know how special children are to the hearts of their Mothers!
Father we pray for rain, rain to put out the devastating fires where my sister lives. In Jesus Name! Let it rain dear Lord, Let it rain.
Homebound you can do those weights. Just do like the Nike commercials tell us, JUST DO IT! I will too!
EZmoney Thank you so much for all your kindness and support too. I am sorry I thought you were a gal at 1st, but I figured it out. It just took me a minute. I heard others post about Roosters being on here so you must be one of them. Better a Rooster then a Hahahaha Glad you are here my brother in Christ! (hope you have a good sense of humor)
Until later alligators and after a while crocadiles!
Love in Christ your friend, Gwyn

Gwynditmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:32 PM   #312  
one sexy science teacher

S/C/G: 231/194/130

Height: 5'5"

Hello All!

I just had to stop in and say hi. I've been lurking for the past couple weeks because school has been hectic and I've been fighting off a series of viruses. (gotta love the little incubators for the ebola virus cleverly disguised as children)

My prayers are there for everyone. It's been too long for me to comment on everything that I've been reading about, but I keep my 3FC family in my prayers every night.

Exercise for me has been slacking off. My orthopedic surgeon won't let me do anything more strenuous than walking until I get fitted for new knee braces, which wouldn't have been a problem but I'm not proportional so they had to be custom ordered and can take up to a month to get here. I feel really weird not being able to jump rope w/ my students, or dance around during exercise club on wednesdays.

I've had a prayer answered for me. I have been seriously struggling with loneliness issues down here in FL because my family is all in MI and I don't make friends easily. The friends I have been blessed with since moving down here have been absolutely wonderful and God has used them as the instruments to introduce me to the most fabulous man I've ever met. After spending little more than 30 hrs with him over a 3 day period I feel like I've known him for 15 years. We have loads in common and just enough not in common to create excitement and keep us individuals. He had met me before I started my weight loss journey and thought I was attractive then. When we were re-introduced (the timing wasn't right the first time my friends tried to get us together) he gushed about how beautiful I was becoming. It's great how supportive he is and how he's even willing to work out with me if I want him to. Having that support is a marvelous thing. I had previously been engaged and my ex was not at all supportive of any goals I set for myself, especially weight loss. Not only is my new bf a fabulous person, he's very oriented on family and comes from a large one where most of the family is in the area. They are all pressing him to bring me around to meet them. It feels really good to be wanted and included, especially when they know so little about me.

I wasn't able to weigh in last week, so my ticker hasn't moved. I had a nasty stomach flu, so I missed EVERYTHING that I was supposed to do all weekend and slept it off to the best of my ability. I'm hoping that since I didn't each much and I'm being really careful this week that I'll have a great weigh in this week. (cuz I did gain a pound the week before but I refuse to move my ticker back up)

Okay, I think I've caught everyone up to date on what's been going on with me. I'll try to be a little more attentive to writing and not just peeking in to see what's being said.

Have a great Wednesday evening everyone!

~ Lena
haeyu14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:09 PM   #313  

Hey Lena - thanks for sharing. My daughter is a teacher and her first year was full of colds and sickness. I just must tell her of your description of the ebola virus. She will love it!
Jackie, Great Going! You are on a slippery slope heading down - FAST!
Girls, I did walk 1.5miles yesterday and plan to go 2 miles today. I'm locked in at home as my son needed my car - so it's just Maggie (the dog), Leslie (my walking CD) and me. Maggie just isn't interested so Leslie and I are going for it! Ha,ha- she never turns me down! Talk about feeling loved!!!!!
Old 05-02-2007, 05:49 PM   #314  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI EVERYBODY We are having a beautiful sunny week; it's still a bit cool, but the clear skies, full moon, and starlit nights are simply gorgeous. Did mostly housework so far this week; today I decided to take a break and just do the usual cooking and dishes and such; but also get caught up on my posting and emails.

We're working on our garden preparations here; DH got his rear-tined roto-tiller going; he has the potato bed tilled and part of the main one. He will wait to finish next week cuz the ground was still a little frozen yet in the main raised-bed garden. We will be having our regular Friday BBQ again this week as they are calling for sunny skies right thru til the weekend.

We went down to our nearby lake to check it out and all the ice is melted off it now; it is so beautiful. We are going fishing there as well; it has mostly yellow perch (I caught only one so far). DH is going to weld his aluminum row boat this week; it didn't have any holes until he tried to pound out a couple of dents (should have left them in; but he said he wanted it to look better). I have to order us a couple of safety jackets as well.

ELIZB ~ like LENA, I have bad legs; one bum knee that collapses on me at the most inopportune times and my left calf is damaged from a break; I have to use a cane, but that's not too bad; cuz I'm just so grateful to GOD to be walking at all, since I was born with Spina Bifida. Between my inherited Irish fiestiness and a couple of very tough operations (paid for by Angels), I fought a battle to walk; and I did, even though they told my parents that I wouldn't!

So, on pain days, I just take it easy; but WALKING is my mainstay exercise. Sometimes, I walk a path in our yard, or down to the church and back, or even just around our place just to keep these muscles flexible and strong. I went thru way too much to be able to walk, so I cherish the privilege!!!

OH LENA ~ I'm so happy that you've met a nice male friend; our prayers are being answered for you. God cares about you and knew that you needed personal support. You never know why God directs you to a certain place until something like this happens. Glad you dropped in; we always wonder how you were. I am fighting a nasty flu too; one that seems to come and go; so many people here have it; was talking to my Dad who lives down south and they have it there too. Will pray for you; one benefit is that you don't feel like eating too much; chicken soup is becoming a staple food around here these days!

GWYN ~ besides walking and hand-weights, I also do leg lifts, ladies sit-ups (on my bed for comfort), and all kinds of arm-lift motions (or chair aerobics as they are called). I found a TAI CHI tape for seniors and a "low-impact" YOGA book that have great ideas for those with limitations. I just mix the motions I like with my own favorite moves; sometimes I just make them up and add them to dances around the livingroom! Everything to music, of course, which makes it so much fun; my favorite is our local Christian radio station.

JACKAY ~ CONGRATS on those 52 lbs; WW is a pretty balanced plan; good for you for coming back!

WILMA ~ Have a great birthday party weekend and BBQ's should be OK; stay strong with the baking (only one slice of pie); you can do it!

SUE ~ so glad everything went well for your Dad; CONGRATS on the 5 lbs! Wowee ~ that's quite a bit! Is that for only one week?

SUSANB ~ I use little 2 lb hand-weights to tone, strengthen, and burn energy every other day. I keep them on my desk and use them to fill all the WAITING TIME on my PC ~ LOL! At first, I called it the INTER-WAIT!

JOANNE ~ It seems to me that we need to send our Canadian Geese down to Georgia with another frozen lake ~ LOL! Did you ever see the movie "Fried Green Tomatoes"? So, I asked GOD to send our rain clouds down to you cuz we don't really need them right now and you do; hope they arrive soon!

HEY GARY ~ the pc stuff is better; just have to learn to get around it, and to have lots of patience!

HI TO EVERYONE ELSE ~ gotta go and get dinner on, as I'm already late; but I just wanted to get in and post today; hope all the rest of our encouragers are well; GOD BLESS YOU RICHLY; and keep on, keepin' on ~ your fellow encourager ... ROSEBUD. (U R all in my prayers)

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 05-02-2007 at 06:05 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:34 PM   #315  

Default Hi there!

Quick post as it is getting late, Dad's surgery is tom. AM, some how some of you thought his surgery was over, but its tom morning. Prayers for that, Thanks Gwyn!, and Rosebud! Yes the 5 lbs was one week I am on medifast and one meal aday, I am having gastric bypass surgery June 6th. That is why dropping quicker, anyway hi to everyone else. Gotta hit the hay! God Bless!