Old 04-20-2007, 09:06 AM   #271  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

How's everyone doing this morning? It's a glorious day here. The snow is finally all gone and hopefully will not return until next winter. But, up here anything can happen. I plan on getting into my yard this weekend and clean up a few things.

Oldest DS is graduating with his History degree and his Biblical Studies degree on Sunday. Now we're praying for a job in this field for him. It'll be a fun day. After the ceremonies we'll be having people over for barbequed chicken.

Ellies mom: Welcome! You're right about the prayers and support going on here. I know too well the struggle you're going through. I know that you will find the right way to lose for you. Just make sure that you choose something that you can live with.

Rosebud: Hope you're feeling better soon Enjoy your shopping day. I sure could use one but I'm always so tired after work that I just don't feel like getting out there.

Gary: Where are you? Are you on your way up here to help me with my basement? Hope all is well.

Hello to Elizbennet and Sue!!

Have a great day1
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 01:15 PM   #272  
Walking Off The Pounds

Talking Tgif ! !

Just a quick drop-in. DD & I are on our way to Cincinnati for her tennis tournament this weekend, - at least we will be going as soon as she gets out of school. . .

WELCOME to our newbies, this thread has picked up quite a bit and is a great source of encouragement but awfully quiet with EZ. . . you must be right Wilma, he's on his way to your house to help with the basement!!! Have fun in the yard this weekend, this is the first decent weekend we've had and of course we'll be out-of-town, oh well, I'm sure the grass will wait. .

Hugs & prayers for all, and KEEP MOVING !!!
- Margie
Margie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 03:13 PM   #273  

Hey Ellies Mom, Prayer? You've got it! Now the action part is up to you. Just take one temptation and one "down" moment at a time. Plan meals, snacks, etc and then take it on - one at a time. You can do it! Now that nice weather is coming in, you and the little ones can get outside more. The sun helps to lift our spirits too, I think. There are some good food plans out there that aren't crazy and can be a lifestyle way of eating for you. And it will be wonderful for your family too. Be encouraged, and know that with God, "All things are possible" - even losing this weight. It biggest part of the battle is in our minds. So, daily when you rise and as often as needed- give your will over to the Lord. (Like me and plenty others, you will rebel and take it back -But, capture that thought(to do what you know you shouldn't) and turn it right back over to your Lord. Thoughts lead to action and we all want our actions to have losing results!) I understand where you are and am praying you will hang in there with a good plan and start losing.
With little ones it might be helpful to have a DVD of an exercise-er or even fun fast moving music. Little people like dancing and jumping around the room with mom! That way everybody is getting in some needed movement. Ha,ha - then everybody will be ready for a little nap/quiet time! Get started and stay in touch. There is a lot of encouragement on here and great hope!
elizbennet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:49 PM   #274  
I'm Big, God is Bigger!

S/C/G: 289/275/200

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone! Hope everyone is doing alright. Boy have we had a stressful day. Dh got his first paycheck and now it is all gone and we still need money. That is soooo frustrating. I was cooking dinner. Salsa chicken breast, green beans, and rice when I was standing by the stove and I realized that it didn't feel warm.???? I open it up and there was no heat what to ever. So now our oven is busted and dh said he doesn't think it is fixable. GRRRR. Just say my prayers before I lay down tonight and ask God for a peaceful day tomorrow.
One great thing, I have lost another 4lbs.! I was so excited I called dh crying. He said he loves me no matter what but he is so happy that I am becoming happy with myself. Love to all,
rachelfern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 04:38 PM   #275  
Walking by faith

Exclamation Prayers Needed!

Some of you may have heard about the wildfires in SE Georgia. The main fire has been burning near Waycross since Monday. My son is at a state work-release facility just outside of town. He called a few days ago to let me know they may be evacuated. So far the fire has stayed out of Waycross..but it's been windy and as dry as toast! Please pray for the safety of the firefighters, the townspeople, and please..pray for rain!

God bless you all!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 11:15 PM   #276  

S/C/G: 201/173/160

Height: 5' 3"

Hello - Elizbennet, thanks for the words of encouragement. I just returned from a quick overnight trip to see my parents. I was really worried about "falling off the wagon" with my food, but actually I did fine. I was really proud of myself, though, for continuing with my walking plan. I hate to exercise just for the sake of exercise, but I walked both days I was there. Maybe I do have some will power after all.
Ellies mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:03 AM   #277  

Height: 5' 7"

Hi Ellies mom, I am pleased that you managed to stick to your plan while visiting your mom. Keep up the good work and that dreaded weight will start to fall off.

Rachel, I am also happy for you that you have managed to lose another 4 pounds. I am also pleased that you are starting to feel a little happier with yourself.

All you other ladies I pray you have had a good weekend.

Jennylee
Jennylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 03:28 PM   #278  

We just finished up a great Sunday lunch. Now it is time to study, watch birds, and (for me) to check out what ya'll have been up to.
Rachel When it rains, it does pour. I am so sorry EveryThing was going wrong for you and the family! I think your husband was a great example of how our Father in heaven would have responded to your news about those fantastic lost-for-ever pounds - excited for you , but showed he loves you unconditionally. Your children are blessed to have such a wise dad!
Homebound - I have a son-in-law who works for the forestry dept. in north FL. He often goes to surrounding areas fighting fires. I haven't talked with the family this week; it is all together possible he is right there in the thick of it all.Certainly I will pray for both rain and for protection to all.
Ellies mom- You did Wonderful! Great! Yea, Go Girl!! I am taking a fast trip to see my mom this coming weekend and will not have time to exercise, but I do plan to stay on program with my eating. I do appreciate all prayers for travel safety and to discern what goes in my big mouth (I will add - what comes out of it too! ha,ha!)
Well Ladies, have a great and restful day: always with prayer and supplication in your hearts to the Lord Jesus Christ.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:33 PM   #279  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS ~

Thought I should take time to post, since I think it has been about a week. I have lurked from time to time, just have been really busy this past week with "stuff". The weather here has been up and down the past few days with rain ~ cool ~ warm and sunny. Angie and I have been first, taking off and then putting back on our sweatshirts, so much my calorie count must be "weigh" down

I watched my DODGER game today...a loss while Angie went and got a massage.

Amanda is down in Mexico this week with a group of professors and students from her graduate class. They go way down and try to teach the poor about nutrition and healthier ways to live. They cook in leaded pots, which is their culture and sell them for money. The students work with them in trying to find a better way, since the pots are "killing" them with all the lead.

Angie is BBQ-ing burgers tonight with avocado, turkey bacon and vermont sharp cheddar cheese...as Rachael says YUM-O! Potato salad, chips and baked beans.

Amanda's wedding is only 5 weeks away! OUCH for 'ol dad Angie spent some of the morning putting sparkley things on flip-flops the girls will wear after the ceremony. My ex-wife, Brenda, is really working hard too...maybe a "little" too hard Amanda has had to make a few "save me daddy!" calls the last couple of weeks, when she has been down at work or school and not coming home for her "I need my daddy" hug!

Angie has dinner ready, gonna send this so I don't lose it! Later, Gary

Last edited by EZMONEY; 04-22-2007 at 09:16 PM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 10:20 PM   #280  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I'm back....

WILMA ~ I would love to help you in your basement! I should be able to get there just as quick as that sunshine I send does Cool that your niece will be staying there for awhile...no empty nest for you Congratulatins on older son and his degree! That is awesome and I am sure there will be jobs available for him...after all his mom "owns" the bank!! I hope the bbq was good

AUNT SUE ~Not sure how much Lara "hates" New York...or her way of wanting to go to school where boyfriend is You are doing so great on the "journey"...so proud of you! Your niece should be about ready to come home for the summer isn't she? Hope all is well at work.

ROSEBUD ~ Thanks for the scripture! I will add it to my choices, the one from Numbers is our benediction at church...given by Pastor, as we are about to leave to serve and live for Christ this week, we receive the assurance and blessing of God given in the Old testament blessing of Aaron. I hope you are over the flu bug

ELIZBENNET ~ I just want to mention that you are becoming quite an assest to our little group here! Your Maggie sounds a lot like my Reba and Rylee...waiting for "droppings" I am not pushing anything here, but Angie and I have purchased many items off the internet with great results. You just have to stick with reputable companies. She constantly has shoes coming and going because of her narrow feet and I like to order construction work clothes, anything to stay away from the mall! Keep posting dear!

HOMEBOUND ~ I did see about the fires in Georgia, my mom in Illinois mentioned it when I called her yesterday too. Prayers for the safety of all and your son. Great news on your praise report

MARGIE B ~ I hope you and your kiddo had a great time in Cincy this week-end. I hope her matches were enjoyable and she was able to get some good experience. There is an online business for tennis opening up a mile away from us in a new complex, nephew met one of the owners at the tennis courts where he practices. The owner told the coach up there that if he taught Ron how to string racquets that he would hire him to work in the store after school (I guess the owner is not very tennis oriented ~ he was up there taking beginning lessons!). Not sure if Ron's coach up there, a long time family friend, will do it since it could be taking business away from him...we shall see. Not only has Ron "got" the job in his own HEAD..he has already SPENT the $$$$

RACHELFERN ~ Sorry about the stove dear I hope there is a way to get it fixed. I know having limited income can sometimes be just sooo stressful, but things have a way of turning around on a moments notice sometimes...hang in there girl! Our awesome LORD just took another child to play with your daughter this past wednesday. He was a little boy from our church named Jonathan, he would have been 5 yrs old in two weeks. He was born with a damaged heart, down syndrome and cerebal palsey. He had such a tough fight, he had to be held at all times if not lying down, had no motor control, but what a joy it always was to see him with his BIG GRIN! I know Jonathan and your kiddo are having such a great time right now running around the feet of Jesus with continuous giggles!

ELLIES MOM ~ JENNYLEE ~ HAEYU14 ~ TURTLEDOVE ~ SPORTS MOM Prayers for all your concerns and visit often!

Well...that's all for now...Have a great week you looosers

God Bless You All ~ Gary
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:56 PM   #281  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Hi Everybody ~ ~ Had a beautiful weekend; rain this morning, but it was clear and sunny by this evening. Looks like spring is here to stay; almost all the snow is gone, and we're expecting sunshine for the rest of the week as well.

My hand is on the mend and I can even type a little better now. We're trying to chase away the flu; so I hope it stays away. We think our furry babies had it too, and this may be why we've had a heck of a time getting rid of it. A friend thinks this may be so; one tell-tale sign is repeated sneezing. Someone says that spreads 90,000 germs with each one; so guess I got dosed with half a million or so tonight ~ LOL!

We went out Sunday aft to a favorite lake nearby to enjoy the beautiful weather and went for a walk around same to get a little exercise at the same time. I'm workin' hard to stay OP; not doing too bad, but there's always room for some improvement, I think.

WILMA ~ your sons are doing so well; prayers for jobs.
ELIZ ~ your chatty posts are fun to read.
HI TO JENNYLEE, SUE, AND LENA!
JOANNE ~ prayers for the fires.
HI MARGIE-B ~ hope DD does well at the tournie.
EZ ~ thanks for the well wishes; lovely sentiments about Jonathan.

to ELLIESMOM ~ I think ELIZB's advice is superb! A balanced plan for your whole family will help you all and last for a lifetime. Kiddies like to dance and go for walks to the park or just around the neighbourhood. You can do that ~ I know you can; and the kiddies will love it too!

RACHEL ~ we've had similar problems; our oven dial is finicky, so you have to make sure it turns on correctly; and it won't start again until it's completely cooled down ~ it's got attitude!. Our fridge is new, but there are days when I think maybe we should have purchased a new stove at the same time. We all have times when finances are pinched; earlier in our marriage, we had to learn how to be bargoon hunters, and how to make things s-t-r-e-t-c-h ~ now we're experts at it. Many meals can be cooked on the stove-top until you can get your stove fixed or save up enough to pick up a good, used one (as stoves are usually pretty reliable).

HI TO EVERYBODY ELSE OUT THERE we haven't heard from in a while; hope you're all doing OK ~ including our resident lurkers ~ LOL! Stay in good health and OP as best you can. Take care and GOD BLESS; and keep on, keepin' on ~ your fellow encourager ... ROSEBUD. (U R all in my prayers this week as per usual!)

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-23-2007 at 11:06 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:28 PM   #282  

Joanne, I heard on the news yesterday that the fires did go through Waycross and no one was hurt. I have not heard another word about it. How is it going? Rains are moving our way, slowly. Also, how is your son handling the tension and uncertainty of it all?
Ya'll, I exercised my little legs off today. I just think that I should have reached my goal wt. TODAY! It's really sad that it doesn't work that way. Well, I guess this wt. (problem) is a "tool" the Lord is able to use to get my attention - so I will look to Him for my help.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:53 PM   #283  

It's raining here, in AL, today and for the next 2 to 3 days. I was just thinking of Homebound and the fires in Waycross and surrounding area. I did hear this morning that 18 homes were burned out. Terrible! Just wondering how Homebound's son is coping. My prayers are with him and all in the fire's path.
EZ - Thanks for the encouragement!
Like your Reba and Rylee, our Maggie rates pretty special. She is laid back, easy go, friend to all and threat to none (her size makes people think differently, at least for a moment). With warm weather coming, she will be going in for a nice summer cut. Long shaggy to a buzz! Good thing she likes it too! I just can't handle those big wads of hair falling onto the carpet, ugh!
I just loved your comment to Margie about Ron and ALL that money - LOL My baby boy (19, soon to hit the big 2-0!) is like that. I could really relate. Thanks for the laugh. I shared that one with my husband who also got a laugh out of it. - I guess it's just where we are in life - to find good humor in the young.
I was telling someone how unfair it is that when we exercise our little legs off ,one day, we don't reach our goal wt. by that evening, or at least while we sleep. But no, I woke up the same as yesterday. I was reading how the Lord uses Everything in our lives, yes everything, as a tool to bring our attention back to Him and then even "that" thing will be used in our lives to His glory.
Interesting when you put wt. in the "that" thing category. Knowing our lives don't revolve around wt. but rather what is going on in the heart and how He is using the wt. issue to get our attention onto Him.
Anybody have any comments on this? Yes, even putting a broken washing machine or a broke bank account in the "that" thing category - to be used down the road for His glory, for our growth in our walk with Him, is interesting and exciting, as nothing in our lives is by chance. Sometimes it's a hard pill to swallow but definitely something to ponder on and to know putting our trust in Him, Who is allowing all the "thats" for our good, knowing He is in control and is looking out for us.
Well, it's time to go exercise to a CD. I'm gonna walk 3 miles with Leslie Sansome. She is simple and I can keep up with her four basic moves + walking. Maybe, just maybe I'll shape up just a bit. Talk at you later, thanks for listening!
Old 04-24-2007, 01:57 PM   #284  

Oops, somehow my last note got back up there under Homebound's note. Sorry about that gang!
Old 04-25-2007, 12:11 AM   #285  

Default Hi!

I have been so busy at work no time to post, just decided it had been to long so read real quick! I lost 4 lbs this past week so very happy there. Doing well!
Elizabennet- I have never let my weight inhibit me from wearing a swimsuit, I have a conservative one with shorts attached, but I love the water, the beach and there are lots of large people there so never a worry. Some wearing things they shouldn't but... when you feel comfortable give it awhirl especially if you like to swim..
Rosebud- Thanks! hope your feeling better!
Ellies mom- Prayers , and will power coming your way, looks like your doing well!
Wilma- ditto! luv the warm weather, E.Z. working overtime!
Rachel- sorry to hear about the stove! but what an awesoe job down 4 lbs
Homebound- prayers for safety and rain
E.Z.- thanks for sending the sun! it hit 87 here yesterday! yeah! it was beautiful! sorry it sent to much since your in sweatshirts! Kristie will not be home till the end of may as she is taking 3 courses in first short session- she is going to graduate in 3 years, if she passes those courses and one more clep test, she will have 2 years down in the first year. she is doing well.
Well gotta run, late and gotta work in am, prayers to all!
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote