Old 02-28-2007, 01:24 AM   #121  

Default Hi!

Thanks Rosebud! Glad you have been staying op and that congrats on the nephew's baby ow exciting! Enjoy your trip shopping and lunch...
E.Z.- HAPPY BIRTHDAY! TO YOU... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU...HAPPY BIRTHDAY -GOD BLESS YOU!!!!!!.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
Well is late I am beat so it is off to beddy bye. Blessings!!!
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 08:47 AM   #122  
Quit counting at 45!

Happy birthday Gary!

All the best in the upcoming year. You are the same age as my hubby. I married a much older man!!

Sue: I am SO HAPPY for you. I pray that everything goes well for you and that the results are what you expected. Please send us pictures of your progress. You know we're all rooting for you.

Rosebud: Congrats on the new family member. I love babies! I'm glad to hear is sunny somewhere in Canada. We've warmed up a lot but there's always a light dusting of snow on the vehicle every morning. At least spring is around the corner.

I've come down with a headcold and am slowling feeling better. I make it through the work day, come home and crash. At least I can sleep at night so that helps a lot. We have a very busy week at work so I have to be there.

DH is still on the ice roads. They should be finished in the next couple of weeks. He's been home for 1 night in the past 2 weeks. I think he's just as ready to be home as I am to have him here. This time of year is a real boost to our income so we can't complain too much.

DS got his placement for his practicum through school. He's really excited about it. He'll be working at various businesses so he'll get a lot of experience that way. We pray that a job will come out of it too,.

Well gotta go do my devotions and then head to work. Have a super day!!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:50 AM   #123  
one sexy science teacher

S/C/G: 231/194/130

Height: 5'5"

Hi again all... I'm afraid I've been a little lax in checking this thread... I think some of that is that there are so many people and I feel like I'm cuttin into someone elses' converstations...

Anyway... I was wondering if I could get a few prayers this coming week... my baby sister (tongue-in-cheek, she's 19) is coming down to visit me during her spring break and I'm going to need all the help I can to stay on track while she's here. I'm afraid I'll slip because she'll be here and hanging out with here will take presidence to my normal routines. I don't think she'll encourage me to stop, more likely she'll want to join me in my exercises...and I know she's looking forward to me cooking for her, but I also know myself. I tend to do really well when I'm alone, but when I'm with other people I slip.

So... if even a few of you could send a prayer up for me I know God will hear and help me keep the willpower I'm going to need.

Thanks!
haeyu14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 12:22 PM   #124  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

THANK-YOU! for all the birthday wishes! I am so blessed!

I am home again today from work, the job I was headed to was backed off a day. Things are slow here but we do have a lot coming up. I am enjoying the break, just hope it isn't too much with all the work we have been doing around here...you know the Home Depot bill!

AUNT SUE~ On the approval! There was never any doubt . You are losing so much, maybe the surgery won't be needed! I am losing it! I thought I had already posted on the pics of OUR neice. Both are so beautiful! Is that Kristie's boyfriend? She certainly looks like she is enjoying her evening.

WILMA~ Your DH "may" be much older...but WISER too...after all, like me, he married a TROPHY WIFE! Great work by the boy! prayers for your health and Dh's drive.

ROSEBUD~ Going to town for groceries sounds so strange to us here in southern California, I have a Ralphs (Krogers) and an Albertsons less than 2 miles from my home. Last count there was over 20 (AND I AM TOTALLY SERIOUS!) fast food or chinese/sandwich type restaurants within that same 2 miles! And that doesn't count the 5 or 6 real restaraunts that are located here. All I have to do is go another 2 miles or less in any one of 4 directions and I have MANY more choices...did I mention afternoon traffic! Congrats on the new addition to your family.

HAEYU14~ Prayers for your time with your sister! feel free to JUMP in anytime on any conversation! That is how we learn about each other! We have never kicked anyone out!!

ALTHOUGH A FEW MAY HAVE LEFT BECAUSE OF ME

Have a great day gals!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 01:24 PM   #125  
one sexy science teacher

Thanks, EZMONEY. I'll make more of an effort. It isn't that I was afraid of being kicked out, more along the lines of politely staying out of where I wasn't sure I was wanted. (weird, but, so am i).

Old 02-28-2007, 11:55 PM   #126  

Default Hi there!

Wilma- Thanks! I will post pics after I really get losing. Sorry to hear your not feeling well, hope soon back to your wonderfull self prayers...
Haeyu 14- Prayers that you have a great visit with lots of fun times and stay op well your doing it. As E.Z. said your always welcome.... please share we are always here.
E.Z.- Hey big guy ! People leave because of you? never!!! Your a great support to all of us ladies and who else would take the time to send sun to me and wilma- we would freeze!!!! Any way Thanks ! I agree they are beautiful, no that is not Kristie's boyfriend they are good friends... She really likes him alot but He is leaving in May for an Airforce base in Alaska- I know he likes her but will not act on his feelings because he is graduating. She is a freshman.. He is coming home with her for springbreak with Autumn a very dear friend of Kristies who is in cedarville as well 2nd year and is in the air force (former youth group member of mine) as well, that is how Kristie met Brian. Brian is driving the two girls home and spending the week with them, they are going to the city for a couple by train, so he can see the statue of liberty ect. Maybe he will be too smitten to stay quiet.
I had a good appointment with pulmonary Dr. Today, no more tests, he signed off so just a blood test tom morning for cortisone in kidneys and I am through until just previous to surgery except for weigh-ins... Have an awesome day.. Kristie home sat. can't wait ...
Old 03-01-2007, 12:10 AM   #127  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Default Evening everyone ...

Survived the day trip, but DH headed to bed early. I decided to come and check things out here before bed. We had fun; it was a lovely, but busy day for us. As Wilma knows, Canada is a huge country with a lot of small villages, towns, and cities quite spread out.

We live in a tiny village in the country with only a church (my husband's), a senior's complex, and a few? dozen houses. Our nearest town (where we shop) is about 10 miles away; the nearest city is about 70 kilometers (50 miles) away. I'm guessing about the distance, but it's pretty close.

We live quite far north ~ you'd have to get out your maps, but we live near Hudson Bay, on the James Bay coast, give or take a few hundred+ miles. I was born in southern Ontario, about an hour north of Toronto; but, my relatives were from the north and returned here. The funny thing is ... most of them left, leaving a few of us behind. LOL!

DH and I were just musing about this last night ~ about the difference in the weather;and how it's been hard on me getting used to the cold. I do kinda miss the warmer winters down south, but do not envy that horrible summer heat. DH doesn't want to go back down there; he says life there is too hectic and expensive; and he's right.

Haeyu14 ~ when we first start out, it may feel awkward, but just keep posting anyways. Not everyone can answer everything cuz they may be rushed; but I find this thread is very friendly. Some of us post all over the board; I started with another thread, but found this one later, and joined it too.

Well, that's all for now; it's getting late, and must get to bed; but sending up prayers for SUE's medi-date; GARY for work; HAEYU, for your sister's visit; and WILMA's cold (prayed for your son; so, very glad to hear he got that placement; will pray for a job next); sounds like your DH is building and/or maintaining the ice roads on the lakes/rivers, Wilma? We have them here too. Blessings to all ~ your fellow encourager ~ Rosebud.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:44 PM   #128  
one sexy science teacher

Happy thursday! FCATs are done for the week. My poor 5th graders have 3 more days of them next week, but we are done for now. I feel for them...

My sister will be here saturday... I'm way excited and stressed. Partially because I'm a little worried about staying on track w/ my weight loss and partially because my house looks like it was caught in those tornadoes from a couple weeks ago.

Thanks for being such an inspiration everyone!
Old 03-01-2007, 05:57 PM   #129  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Hi Gals ~ just wanted to check in and send those needed prayers. Don't have much to add, had a busy day at work. Angie and I are going to the Irish pub for dinner tonight, always a free meal on the Thursday of your birthday (MINE!) week. Talk to you later..prayers for the families hurt by that tornado that hit the high school in Alabama today...poor kids.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:20 AM   #130  

Default Hi there!

We are having a huge yucky storm tonight! We had a beautifull day actually warm enough to melt some snow. But tonight snow about a foot and freezing rain. I am doing well though..
Rosebud- gotta agree with ya, I love small towns and like staying away from the cities.
Haeyu14- Relax and enjoy seeing your sister! Maybe she'll help ya clean, I often help my sister when I am home for the weekend. Life is too short to worry about the house... prayers for staying op
E.Z.- better start sending some more sun and drive this nasty weather out of here! Thanks!! How was your Irish dinner- corn beef and cabbage- won't be long and it will be St. Patrick's day!
well gotta go to bed tired, just wanted to pop in...
Old 03-02-2007, 09:06 AM   #131  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!!

Thank you all for your prayers for my cold. It is much better. I'm still sniffling and sneezing a bit but not nearly as bad as yesterday. My nose is really red and uncomfortable but hopefully that'll go away in the next few days. I spent the evening getting my hair done. My stylist massages my head when she washes my hair and it feels soooo gooood! It was so relaxing. I have curls again. i find it easy to take care of in the summer and really like the look.

Sue: You must be getting the storm that just went through here. We were at the northern part of it. Minnesota got the brunt of it. Stay safe! There were quite a few accidents on the highways around here.

Gary: How was your dinner? I hope you had a great birthday! I'm glad you're having a slow time at work right now. You need a break! It probably won't be long and you'll be back at it again!

haeyou14: Why do you think you have to stay out of conversations? When you sign up with us you are a part of us. Please post whenever. We are here for you too!

Rosebud: I know what you mean about small towns. We moved from a small town to Winnipeg 4 years ago and I miss a lot about the small town. I do like living here too but the small town atomosphere is what I miss the most.

Well, it's off to work for me. Have a great day!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:49 AM   #132  
Kelli A.

S/C/G: 208/197/160

Height: 5'5

Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself. I have been on this site before looking at posts, ideas and pictures. I have eaten my way up to 215 pounds and have finally decided this is it. I am going to try Atkins and see if it works. It's nice to see a Christian group. Keep up the good work!!
kellia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:46 PM   #133  
one sexy science teacher

Welcome Kelli! You've found a great group. I know, I recently found them myself.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:29 PM   #134  

Default Hi!

Thanks Wilma! Glad your feeling a little better. We ended up with only a couple inches of snow and a whole lot of freezing rain, needless to say I never left the house today.
Kellia- welcome come on back and tell us about yourself!
Haeyu14- Hi! we are happy that you chose to join us as well.
hi to everyone else, gotta work days tom then home for the weekend, kristie home this weekend for spring break so will post on Monday have an awesome weekend/
Old 03-03-2007, 01:48 AM   #135  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Default Hi Everyone ...

to KELLI ... glad you found us! Like SUE said, jump right in and tell us all about yourself; that's how we get to know you.

HAEYU and SUE ... hope you both have great weekends with your sisters. One of my sister's visited us last summer and we had a ball. I only have one picture of myself and DH that she took then. Eventually, I might learn enough to put them up somewhere.

GARY ... glad you had a nice BD dinner; and good news that your work has picked up again. WILMA ... nice that you're starting to feel better. We got a doozy of a storm here today; total white-outs most of the day ... brrrr!

I had a pretty good week staying OP and am getting more regular with my walking, although some of it had to be indoors. I joined the March exercise thread ~ am trying for 12 minutes/day for 373 total for the month. Keeping it conservative, since it's my first one.

Well, that's all for now cuz it's getting pretty late; so nice to see some more newcomers. Take care all ~ your fellow encourager ... Rosebud.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote