Old 04-15-2007, 11:40 PM   #256  
Walking by faith

Smile

Welcome to all who've joined this thread!

((((((Rachel)))))) I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your child. We'll all be together soon and God will wipe all tears from our eyes!

Gary: I'm pretty far from Augusta..about 4-5 hour drive. But I'm only an hour away from Ponte Vedra where they have the Players championship in May. You know..the one with the awesome 17th hole? I've never been there..maybe some day. Praise God for the good news about your niece!

elizbennet: I envy you! (confession is good for the soul ). Maybe some day I'll be a grandma. I'm ready..but DS isn't

Praise Report: Last week we had our yearly passion play..and 34 people made decisions for Christ! x 34 God IS Good!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 11:45 PM   #257  

rachelfern - Oh how I ache for you and your family. Some very good advise, given in love has come your way through this thread. Being human we must grieve as a part of our healing. Time is the big thing - but there is also the need to be willing to accept unwanted change. Sweetie, turn to the One who has the ability to see you through this time. During the painful time of the loss of my little girl, I found John 4:16 like being snug under the protective wing of my Savior, Jesus Christ. It goes like this: "Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need." Claim His promise to be with you always and then be willing to accept His will. My prayers are with you.
elizbennet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:17 AM   #258  
one sexy science teacher

S/C/G: 231/194/130

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone! I feel like I've been gone forever, even though it has only been a week. My spring break was good, not nearly long enough, but just what I needed. I had a pretty good weight loss too. It feels REALLY GOOD to step on the scales fully clothed and weigh less than 200 lbs. It has been years since that has happened for me.

My prayers are with everyone, I don't have time right not to comment on everything I've read.

love ya all!

lena
haeyu14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 07:35 PM   #259  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

PRAYERS FOR VIRGINIA TECH

EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 08:54 PM   #260  
Walking Off The Pounds

Unhappy Va Tech

Gary - I so agree, many, many prayers for all those involved at Virginia Tech. I cannot even imagine how parents/family must feel who are far away and not know if their kids (students) are involved and okay. . . makes me cringe to think about.

Having worked in emergency services for so many years, I understand how this affects so many more than those injured, you have to think about their friends, their families, the emergency personnel who responded to these calls, the medical personnel who try to the best of their ability to help those injured and still lose so many, so much youth lost. . . sorry, feel like I'm just rambling.

Best we can do is pray for ALL involved and touched by this tragedy.

Hugs & prayers for all - Margie
Margie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:04 PM   #261  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

DITTO on the prayers for ALL involved in that tragedy; we don't have all the details cuz we don't watch the news much here. We had a similar tragedy in Montreal several years ago and lost 14 beautiful, young ladies.

Later, an investigation concluded that there was someone who was very, very sick, who needed help and didn't get it, for some unknown reason. I prayed then that we would get better at detecting those who are ill and get them some help sooner, before it's too late!

Prayers for everyone tonight ~ ROSEBUD.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 01:27 AM   #262  

PRAISE GOD we serve a god Who can reach out to each family, friend, and person effected by that terrible tragedy. Yes, prayer is our job!
It's late here and I've gotta go get some sleep. I just wanted to drop in before turning in. Sunday evening the preacher said we need to be not looking for the undertaker but for the upwardtaker. I do hope those young people and teachers were ready to meet their Maker. Bless their hearts, life is so exciting at that age and the adventures of college life - no one thinks of death coming in during that time. It is just so very sad.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:05 AM   #263  
icandoit

S/C/G: 190/179/155

Default Listen up

At 2:00 pm Virginia Tech will have a memorial service. Take some time out if you can. Gun man did attend Va Tech news casters are saying he was a resident living in dorm. I am listing to it now. Keep prayers going forth. Tks
turtledove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:10 AM   #264  
Quit counting at 45!

My prayers also for Virginia Tech. We had the same thing happen in Montreal not that long ago and those kids are reliving the terror again. What a tragedy!

Gary: I'm so glad prayers were answered for your niece. Praise God!!

We're doing great here. My niece is moving in with us this week and is thrilled to be living in the corner of our basement. We need to get some walls up soon. Gary, you interested? For now she'll stay in our guest room and when we get things organized in the basement she'll move down there. She gets along well with my son and they will share the cleaning duties down there. (This means she'll probably being doing the bulk of it because she's way cleaner than he is.)

He's never home now that he has this girlfriend. It's a good thing they both have jobs to go to or they would spend every day together. I have to admit as much as I like it that he's getting out again I miss having him here. Pretty soon it'll be a real empty nest!!

Work time!

Have a great day!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 10:27 AM   #265  

Default Hi!

Prayers to all those at Virginia Tech and their families, what a senseless terrible tragedy.
E.Z.- I hear warm weather arrives next week. It is suppose to be 70. So, it is coming. Sorry to hear Lara hates N.Y., but it is a big change from California for sure.
Wilma- Sounds like fun- niece moving in, I enjo mine so much it is hard to believe she is old enough to be in college and seems like yesterday she was just beginning to drive and do things alone. Congrats on 28 years, awesome!!!!
Joanne- How amazingly awesome having 34 decisions for Christ. Prayers they get the follow up to continue with their original decision, to become committed believers.
Elizbennet- Thanks for sharing! I love that verse!!
Lena- great job staying op, you are doing so well.
Margie- You are so right, this does involve so many, I can't even imagine the poor parents and families, some still are unsure as haven't been able to confirm if child is alive. so sad.
Rosebud- So true! We are so taught to not be confrontational, that everything goes, being passive that even when something seems wrong or strange we do not question it. Trully sad.
I am doing really well. I lost 4 lbs this week had gained two last week over Easter, so am back on target- yeah! Have an awesome day! continued prayers for Virginia Tech students and families!
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:53 PM   #266  

Doitforme - I don't understand your wt tracker. You have lost 46 which puts you at 167 (oh that sounds really good) but it says you have 167 to go???? I don't think so - we would miss you! Wow, girl you are getting really close to your goal.
I am addicted! Yes, I have discovered frappe's. Oh my they are sooo good!
I usually get a hot drink but I think the frappe is just the best! Is anyone else addicted to these things? Of course they are just a little expensive which will help me in limiting my intake.
There was a moan from the kitchen. One of my sons just cooked a pizza and dropped the best looking piece. Oh well, Maggie (our old lady dog) will be very happy she is getting such a nice looking piece of pizza!
I am just finishing up a Beth Moore Bible study, Jesus, the One and Only. It is wonderful. If you have the chance to go through that study, I highly recommend it. As it turned out, it was perfect timing with Easter as the two (Easter and the study) went right along with one another. She has such a heart for God and such creative ways of saying things and sharing.
Catch you gals later - Have a blessed evening.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:27 PM   #267  

Default Sorry-

I changed it so its easier to follow! It was how many pounds to loose before getting to goal of 155 lbs. It is now set up so easier to figure out. Long Long way to go, but I will get there! Have an awesome day!
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:35 PM   #268  

Ok! I got you - You go girl. My good friend is in the same wt. range and she is doing a great job too. I'm so slow, you girls will probably pass me up before long. I seem to lose a little - stay there awhile - and then awhile more - and then I lose some more. I get the Weight Watcher's magazine and this time they have swimsuits, different "good" walking tennis shoes, and sports bras with e-mail mail order addresses. If anyone is interested, I would be happy to pass on the addresses to these items. I am not ready for a swimsuit of any kind, but I might look into one of the sports bra for big girls. However, I have never ordered any clothing from the internet. I'll let you know if I do and the quality and fit of it.
Well, I guess I will sign off for now. Pretty soon I will have my husband help me get some of the personal info. put into this machine and I will have a wt. tracker too. I think it will help me be more accountable, as I am losing on my own. Correction: God is my helper in all things and I know I wouldn't be losing a pound without His constant encouragement. For example - I took a piece of a Grandma Cookie and before it got to my mouth, the thing hit the floor! I just thanked the Lord!! and went on without those extra useless calories!
See ya'll later!
Old 04-19-2007, 11:10 PM   #269  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI EVERYBODY ~

We had lovely sunshine all day today; and we're expecting the same for the next few days, so all the snow should be gone by early next week. Just did a bit of laundry and sewing this week; and got a hair trim. Have been taking it easy cuz of a flu bug; bundled up in bed for four hours today; it really helped.

Gonna hit the sack soon too, as we have a busy shopping day tomorrow; praying that I'm up to it. I so love these ventures; what lady doesn't???

SUE ~ Congrats ~ you are doin' great! Keep it up!
EZ ~ how 'bout Jeremiah 33:11 & Numbers 6:24-26 for starters; I'll keep lookin'. Song of Solomon has some nice verses near the end.
EVERYONE ELSE ~ glad everything is going well for you all.

Well, I hope all of our encouragers are in good health, and staying OP as best you can. Take care; and keep on, keepin'on ~ your fellow encourager ... Rosebud. (U R all in my prayers with VA-Tech!!!)
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 11:32 PM   #270  

S/C/G: 201/173/160

Height: 5' 3"

Hello,

Although I haven't read through all of the 18 pages that are here, I am touched by your sincerity. Since there seems to be a lot of prayers going up here, I hope you don't mind me asking for prayer. I have 3 beautiful children, but because of my weight I just don't feel like doing much playing with them. I have tried several diets, yet I usually quit them within 2 weeks. So, if you would, please pray that God would grant me the will-power to see this weight loss thing through - for me and my kids.

Thanks,
Ellies mom is offline   Reply With Quote