Old 01-07-2007, 01:31 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Christian Encouragers #216

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servent's Prayer

Jesus, My Jesus....How marveleous your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myselt totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hadness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name.
Amen
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 02:11 PM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Smile Sunday Morning

HI GALS

I thought it was time to start a new thread, maybe get a little more action

We didn't go to church this morning as Angie wasn't feeling well. She is getting sick just in time to go back to school tomorrow! And to top it off today is her birthday Yesterday was our 11th anniversary, we went to Black Angus (had gift certificates there, courtesy of Ryan and Nicole for all of our help with their wedding in November)...food and drink were great, got back home in time to watch a Shark and a CSI we had dvr'd....such party animals we are Wilma We just go out to dinner for our anniversary gifts to each other. I did pick out a bracelet for her birthday, I will try to post a picture of it later if I can figure that out.

I think Angie is just feeling a little down since now it is only 3 years until the BIG 50 for her .... don't tell her I said that

WILMA~ WOW! that is a lot of snow, I hate to brag but it has been soooo cold here that I have to wear long sleeve shirts to work! Actually it has been windy and very chilly here at times, today it is quite gorgeous though. I was out to Home Depot and setting up my yard guy this morning wearing just a t-shirt. Hope the guys are all well.

AUNT SUE~ Hope your time is great on the new cruise you are on right now!! Thanks for the anniversary

TRACTESO~

MARGIE B ~Good to hear from you again....but....it's the RAIDERS! Yeah, I know...horrible season, but at least we get first pick next year...they will find a way to blow that too! Sad this morning, the kicker from USC was found dead at the bottom of a high cliff in San Pedro (where Angie grew up) there have been a few accidents there over the years...no information just yet, just a sad ending to a 21 yr. olds life. Anyway on a lighter (?) note how was MARSHALL? I didn't hear too many good reviews...but that doesn't mean anything or change the story...I am still trying to get to see it. Thanks for the anniversary love and to your dad. to your daughter and the big dance! Homecoming here is usually during football season for the high schools in October and November. Good luck to your BEARS but what does Lovie do with Grossman? Damned if he plays him and damned if he doesn't...unless they win all the way of course! I just hope it's not the CHARGERS!! All my buddies will be sooo happy and be all up in my face for always saying they wil NEVER win the SuperBowl!! Right now I have it right over 30 times to their 0...but 1 win for them will be for me

Well off to the grocery store...Lara is taking Angie out to lunch for her
Old 01-07-2007, 02:25 PM   #3  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Here is a picture of the bracelet Angie got from ME for her birthday!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 08-03-2007 at 10:02 PM.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:19 AM   #4  
Walking Off The Pounds

Talking Monday, Monday

Monday, Monday, sounds like a song doesn't it???? Found out Friday, after I posted that DD was elected Freshman Homecoming Attendant and she is so-o-o excited. We don't have a football team so Homecoming and Prom are BOTH during basketball season, seems like they would combine them but then they don't get to have 2 dates, 2 dances, 2 dresses, etc., of course 2x as much cost! Our high school is the smallest accredited high school in the State of Ohio. We only have about 60 kids in 9-12, so therefore, no football team unless they could make it co-ed????

EZ - Tell Angie "HAPPY BIRTHDAY", it is a priviledge to grow old, as you know not everyone gets to do it and of course having a birthday sure beats the alternative! Glad to hear you guys had a nice dinner/date for your anni. Anytime I can eat out (not fastfood ) and not have to cook I'm all for it!

RAIDERS??? Who dey??? 1st pick, some consolation. . .Didn't hear about the USC kicker, so sad, were weather condition bad or just a bad area?

We'll be watching the BUCKEYES tonite!!! GO BUCKS!!!

Thanks for starting a new thread too, I think it was time. .

Tracy - Welcome, please come back as often as you can! I started 'dieting' -again- middle of last month with very little success, thought 'what the heck' over the weekend 'useless', you know those types of feelings. Then got a call last night from a friend about our class reunion this summer and thought I had better get back with it and drop some of this, maybe this is the push I need to get me going/motivated again. Sure would be happy even to lose 10 pounds by then, but say 25 or 30 would be great!!

Back to work, hope everyone has a great week. Hugs & prayers -Margie
Margie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 10:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 280/241/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey ya'll,

I've been around reading but not posting much lately...just been busy with the holidays and all... it's great to keep up with everyone though!
RebaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 10:24 AM   #6  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning All!

Thanks for the new thread Gary!! New Year - New Beginning!

I am on my week off and am enjoying it. I'm trying not to think about work too much. We have our bathroom all ripped apart and it's coming along quite nicely. DH (Arnie) is getting the walls repaired and today we should be able to start painting. we found a really nice espresso coloured vanity with a marble top. It's going to look great!

I also plan on connecting with a couple friends this week. I miss coffeeing with them and thought this would be the perfect time to do it. Besides, only one of us can fit in our little bathroom at once anyway!

We are also having the carpet replaced in both the bedrooms so we have a lot of moving to do. A big mess but when we're finished the main floor is finished.

Reba: Good to see you back! Post even if you have nothing to say. We need to know that things are going well for you too!

Margie: I also have my high school reunion this summer. My goal is to lose at least another 10 lbs. by then. Let's keep each other going with this okay?

I started doing one of my exercise tapes yesterday and quite enjoyed it. I just need to MAKE time to do them during the weeks I work.

Gary: Tell Angie a big Happy Birthday from me. Being 47 isn't the end of the world. I'm almost 48 and have survived. Besides, she's in such great shape she doesn't look it. A big happy anniversary to both of you too. Gorgeous bracelet!

Time to get back to work. Have a great day!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 02:16 PM   #7  
Walking Off The Pounds

Unhappy Black Tuesday

Sorry, we're all in mourning here for Ohio State. Turned on the game and then fell asleep, yes it was THAT boring!!

REBA come back more often and let us know what you're into. Apparently something if you say the holidays were busy, something fun?? some good dinners??? or good friends??

WILMA - Why do you have 'senior member' listed? Here I thought you were an old woman and I'm 6 months older than you!!!!! (and trust me, I don't consider myself old at all!! )

Sounds like you're really busy remodeling, that's always a lot of work, and expense, and MESS but when it's all over, it's so-o-o nice and I'm sure will be well worth it!

Lose 10 pounds by when? Sounds like a bet to me!!!

EZ - Nice bracelet, did you take Angie someplace nice for dinner for her too??

The Marshall Movie - believe it or not, I haven't seen it yet, want to, just don't want to go by myself. Mom & Dad saw it (I was sick that night), DD saw it 'with friends' of course it wouldn't be cool to have Mom there too, guess I'll just have to find me a man to go to the movies with??? But I have heard mixed reviews also. I think with living here and remembering the crash, the people, the community, etc. that it has a greater impact on this area just from the memories.

It is 30's and trying to spit some snow on and off today, mostly a light rain and then the sun comes out again, - I guess this is our winter this year. My tulips and daffodils are up about 4" so far, probably bloom by Valentine's day!

Have a great evening - Hugs & prayers - Margie
Old 01-09-2007, 05:45 PM   #8  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS~

All right a little action here

I got off early today, we are slowing down a little at work for awhile, gives us a chance to catch up...but those darn bills keep coming anyway!!

Thanks for all the on Angie's bracelet. I bought it on line for a very good price, from a company we have done other business with. If any of you are interested give me a PM and I will send you the website. It is from the place my son got his engagement ring, other members of our family have used them too with no regrets.

We are walking around here today in shorts and t-shirts IN JANRUARY!!...oh wait, we always do that . Actually this time of year is usually long pants and sweatshirts for me....once that low hits 50....brrrrrrr...

WILMA~ Have a great time on your week off. You should have called me I could have come and helped your DH do the walls in your bathroom. Angie just painted a diamond pattern on our hall bath this past week while she was off work. We had re-painted it in oct. or nov. for Nicoles bridal shower, but Angie wanted to spice it up a bit so she taped it off and now it's a diamond pattern. I will give Angie your "birthday" advice, there are people that accept their age (ME! 'cause I am lazy) and those like Angie that fight it...ummm... not the right words....she just wants to be in the best shape she can and WORKS...yes, that's the word I was looking for, towards being a grandma....now....if we could only talk Ryan into a little action ...or should I say an "accident" wouldn't hurt MY feelings I could really use an espresso colored counter top in my house from all my morning spills

REBA~Welcome back!

MARGIE B~ SORRY ( ) to say I watched the game(?) last night. I felt really ( ) bad for you and all the WOODYFANS out there. Just a quick question....did'ja feel worse last night or:

ROSEBOWL 1973 ~ USC 42 ~ OHIO STALE 17 (I WAS THERE! ) OR 1974...OOOPS! I WAS THER TOO, OHIO STALE 42 ~ USC 21 (WE WON'T MENTION THIS ONE NOW WILL WE ) THOSE WERE THE TWO I WENT TO.

GOTTA GO............NEPHEW HOME AND IT IS TRASH DAY!! WE DO IT TOGETHER...MY WAY OF BONDING
Old 01-09-2007, 06:36 PM   #9  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

TRASH IS OUT ~ NEPHEW AND I BONDED....OF COURSE HE DOESN'T SEE IT THAT WAY

OK MARGIE, WHERE WAS I? OH YES, I REMEMBER

ROSE BOWL 1975 USC 18 ~ OHIO STALE 17...1980 USC 17 ~ BUCKS 16...1985 USC 20 ~ OSU 17...I COULD GO ON...UM...ACTUALLY I CAN'T

TO BE HONEST, AS MUCH AS I WANTED USC IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME, I THOUGHT WOODY'S BOYS WOULD KILL 'EM! I HAD HOPED THAT WITH A BIG WIN OVER MICHIGAN (WHICH WE DID) AND A BIG WIN OVER FLORIDA BY OSU, THAT WE HAD A CHANCE AT #2 OVER-ALL...THEN LSU HAD TO WIN BIG AND WE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED LAST NIGHT...LOOKS LIKE A #4 FOR SC THIS YEAR...NOT TOO BAD I GUESS.

OUR HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL COACH CAME FROM DOVER, A BIG WOODY FAN BACK IN 72 MY SENIOR YEAR, ANYWAY, HE NAMED THE TEAM BIG RED AND IT HAS STOOD EVER SINCE. OUR COLORS BEFORE WERE BLACK AND WHITE, HE ADDED RED AND TO THIS DAY PEOPLE THINK IT IS AN ORIGINAL COLOR, UNTIL WE EXPLAIN OUR ALMA MATER STARTS OUT "HAIL BLACK AND WHITE...." YEP, HE WAS A BIG WOODY FAN...BOY DID HE HAVE THAT "SLAPPIN" DOWN AND I'M NOT KIDDING! BACK THEN THEY COULD GET AWAY WITH IT.

I TAKE IT FRED IS STILL OUT OF THE PICTURE FOR EVEN MOVIES? I THINK I WILL WAIT FOR THE DVD TO COME OUT ON MARSHALL, SHOULD BE SOON. I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THOSE TOUCHED BY THE TRADGEDY AND THOSE THAT ARE GOING JUST FOR THE MOVIE. EVERY TIME MY KIDS TRAVELED BY BUS, VAN OR PLANE WITH THEIR HIGH SCHOOL AND COLLEGE SPORTS TEAMS, THE "WHAT IF'S...." ALWAYS CROSSED MY MIND. PART OF BEING A PARENT I GUESS.

ON A LIGHTER SUBJECT ON THE "ATTENDANT"...SOUNDS A LITTLE LIKE SHE HAS TO LOOK PRETTY "AND" DO VALET PARKING? ANY PICTURES COMING? I ALWAYS LIKED THE IDEA OF CO-ED FOOTBALL...OR ANYTHING FOR THAT MATTER WHEN I WAS A TEEN.....BUT I SURE WOULDN'T WANT MY DAUGHTER PLAYING!!

WELL OFF TO WARM UP LEFTOVER ENCHILADAS FROM CHRISTMAS.

TAKE CARE LADIES!
Old 01-09-2007, 08:40 PM   #10  
Quit counting at 45!

Margie: I didn't even notice the Senior Member under my name. How embarrassing!! I think it means I've been here a long time. I don't even know when it changed. Now I feel really old!!!

I plan to lose 10 lbs by July. Are you with me? This a.m. I actually exercised for 1/2 an hour. Hopefully I can keep it up when I get back to work.

Gary: DH would have loved your help! He gets really frustrated with his patching abilities. This time he did a really good job on the drywall though. Right now he's installing a brushed nickel light fixture and then we're going to tackle the cork flooring. It's going to be a really "warm" looking room when we're finished. I'll try to send a pic when we're finished.

By the way, when I read about your temperature down there I stuck my tongue out at you. Just so you know!!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 10:34 PM   #11  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

back atcha....
Old 01-10-2007, 01:45 PM   #12  
Walking Off The Pounds

Wink Wild Wednesday . . .

Nothing much going on here today, did go play for the children's mass this am, do love to see those cute little ones. . .

WILMA - 10 pounds by July? I would love it!! Need to figure out a bet or 'prize' that we can actually do and I gotta keep out of the frig! Laughed at you sticking out your tongue at Gary --- too funny!!!

EZ - Lemme see, Monday nite's game, and '73, '74, '75, '80 and '85, just a guess here but I take it you don't like Ohio State???? I think you're 'trash' talking me (literally you were taking out the trash). Actually I wanted OSU to play USC but of course they didn't ask my opinion!

Don't be complainin' about shorts & tees in January, - sure wish I could do that (besides indoors), I could live in shorts & tees and I do live barefoot year round! (just the hillbilly in me I guess).

DD gets to 'dress up' on the 19th for the game and 20th for the dance and I'll try to post pics, - haven't ever done that here, may need some help, some 101 for dummies to get them on, - we'll see.

Fred and I still walk occasionally and we do go to the same church but he probably doesn't even know what a movie theater is. . .

Where are all the newbies??? Besides all the MIA's?? I'm sure some are out there reading along and just not posting, - well time to get back on board and POST!!! Can't know what you're into until you tell us, so hope to see LOTS of YA'ALL soon!!!

Hugs & prayers - Margie
Old 01-11-2007, 09:00 AM   #13  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

MARGIE~ Nah, I have nothing against Ohio State (as long as SC beats 'em! ) they were just "ALWAYS" the big game for SC back in the early/mid 70's for the ROSEBOWL. To be honest I wanted SC to play the Bucks in the championship game last year instead of Texas because I thought it would be a better game...then Texas beats us in the last minute so whadda I know!

Have a great day gals!
Old 01-11-2007, 10:48 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 280/241/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey ya'll,

the usual busyness going on here... our weather is crazy... last week we were in the 60's and 70s, this week, we're hitting lows in the 30's.... and Saturday is supposed to be warm again... welcome to south Alabama....

tonight we had Creative Arts worship practice/meeting. It is primarily our youth with some adults thrown in of course. Right now, the drama team and art team have been meeting. The dance team isn't meeting this time... My friend Theresa teaches/leads the art part and I help... right now we have one girl that is part of the art... in the past we've actually done pastel drawings in a service. Theresa has done chalk talks several times during service. At first tonight, I didn't want to go, but once I got there and got drawing, I was glad I went...

well, off to get ready for bed.

Reba
RebaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 02:45 PM   #15  
Walking Off The Pounds

Talking It's Friday !!!

Wow, so glad it's Friday, althought last night, I stopped at the local pizza joint who had a 'help wanted' sign out, applied and got the job on the spot. I am one of the working poor, so hopefully this will help make ends meet. It is only 2 miles from the house and they will basically work around my 'real job', so I figured why not try for a couple weeks and see how it works out, maybe get caught up on a few bills too in the meantime. So tonight I leave this job and go to my 'other' job and work until 11:00.

Reba - What is a Creative Arts worship/practice??? Sounds interesting and mostly for the youth??? We have almost no youth at our church right now and we really need to get something to interest them and get them back in church. Did have about 25, then a new pastor who didn't get along with the youth leaders, etc. and now there are maybe 4 total, some being the leaders' kids. Pretty sad state. I take it the Creative Arts leader is an art-kinda person, since you talked about pastel drawings, chalk talks, etc. I am not at all artsy, nor crafty, I even draw fat 'stick' people!!

EZ - I'm agreeing with ya, - kinda nice to see a little action going on around here. Maybe it will keep up over the weekend, ya think? I'll be glued in front of the TV Sunday afternoon for the play-off game (might not end up happy) but hey I can wish can't I??? Hopefully Grossman, Lovie and the team have had a nice rest and are ready to play some serious football!

That's all for now folks. Hope everyone has a great weekend, mine will be working (thankfully the pizza store is closed on Sundays!), watching Da Bears and trying to stay out of the rain! Hugs & prayers - Margie