Old 04-04-2007, 11:11 PM   #226  
believing

S/C/G: 184/156/124

Height: 5'0

So glad to see Christian support. I am new and will start looking for you all more often. I am very motivated to see all the posts.
realkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:51 AM   #227  
Quit counting at 45!

Thank you for the sunshine Gary!! It's a bright sunny day here today. Still cold but sunny! Good think we're hardy folk up here!!

My inlaws decided not to come out after all. FIL has a bad cold and it's tough to be away from home when you're sick. At least my house is clean and I have groceries for the weekend. Anyone want to come for turkey? I'm trying one again. I thought that I'd try cooking one again even if I don't have lots of people here to eat it. Leftovers are great too!

Now that I have more spare time this weekend I'm going to make matching curtains and cushions for the quilt I made my oldest DS. Looking forward to that.

Not much else going on around here. Have a Happy Easter! I find Good Friday really hard to think about. What Jesus did for ME is so awesome. I don't feel like I deserve it. Good thing it's about the grace of God and not about MY goodness. Praise God!

wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:20 AM   #228  
icandoit

S/C/G: 190/179/155

Default New Day

This is a new day and I am looking forward to seeing what God has planed for me today He directs my path. I am posting now before I start my work around the house. Tonight I go bowling. It's tuna sandwich night for dinner easy and simple. Well I must be going for now. Lots of love Turtledove.

Last edited by turtledove; 04-05-2007 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Miss spelled word.
turtledove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 05:09 PM   #229  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Talking Happy, Happy Easter Everyone ...

May GOD bless you with JOY ... as we celebrate all that JESUS CHRIST has done for us ~ winning for us, an amazing victory over sin and death; and giving us the hope of a glorious new future ~ forever!

to Realkitty and Turtledove; come back, post often, and tell us a little about yourselves.

My Aunties sent me an Easter gift this week; and I would like to share it with all of you ...

It is a true story, about a lady, who planted a garden in 1958, and kept planting ~ daffodils of all colors, in the form of a huge rainbow (over 50,000 bulbs) around her house, along a hilltop (which was next to her church).

One woman, two hands, one-bulb-at-a-time, for one lifetime ~ has left behind a beautiful legacy for all to see ...

Today, people come from all over, and gasp as they behold the awesome beauty of this perpetual garden. They are inspired and amazed, and forever changed.

What little thing could you do to leave behind a legacy of beauty for others to see and maybe bring hope, happiness, and inspiration into someone else's life???

When? How about tomorrow??? You know you can, I can, we all can; just think about it. Something small, yet great. You can do it ... so, do it!!!

I hope you all have a Glorious Easter Week ~ your fellow encourager ... Rosebud. "You are all in my prayers!"

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-05-2007 at 05:25 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:43 PM   #230  

Default Hi there!

Welcome Realkitty and turtle dove nice to have you, come back and post let us know how your doing!
Wilma- sorry your guests are not coming but the turkey sounds yummy my mom is doing dinner this year for the family we are having turkey and ham..
I must agree it is petty awesome that He did that for me!!
Rosebud- what a neat story thanks for sharing! Amazing story..
Happy Easter to all! (Here is one of my favorites for Easter morning)I am so thankfull! I serve a risen Savior! He's in the world today; I know that He is living, whatever men may say. I see His hand of mercy, I hear His voice of cheer and, just the time I need Him, He's always near. He Lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives today! He walks with me and talks with me along life's narrow way. He lives, He lives salvation to impart!
You ask me how I know He lives? He lives within my heart. In all the world around me I see His loving care, and thou' my heart grows weary, I never will despair. I know that He is leading thro' all the stormy blase; The day of His appearing will come at last. Rejoice, Rejoice, O Christians, lift up your voice and sing eternal halelujahs to Jesus Christ the King! The hope of all who seek Him, the help of all who find, None other is so loving, so good and kind.
Happy Easter!!!!

Last edited by doitforme; 03-18-2018 at 04:37 PM.
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:59 PM   #231  

Hi everyone and I hope your Easter Sunday will be a very blessed day. My daughter has been home visiting this week and we have had the best time together. I am going to be a grandma and we have been shopping - window shopping, that is, looking for everything that is out there now. Believe me it is a lot. I don't think anything is missing. You think of it - it's out there for you!.
Yes, this weekend is a good time to recommit our lives to the Savior. He certainly committed Himself to us. So, go to your place of worship on Sunday and praise His Holy Name.
elizbennet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:05 PM   #232  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Hi Gals ~ we are going to Good Friday Service in a couple of hours. Sunday we will go to 8 am service, Angie has bells in 8 and 10:30 so no sunrise service for us this year. The kids will all join us at 8 for service then breakfast in our meeting hall. I will try to post tomorrow. I think (?) I will be off work.

HAPPY EASTER ~ HE IS RISEN INDEED!

EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 09:34 PM   #233  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Here are pictures of our 5K last week-end. Me on my cell phone, I was going so slow I could talk to my mom! Angie, nephew Ron and Amanda and Zac. Mine seems to be the only one that enlarges, I pulled them off the race site...they are small!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 08-03-2007 at 10:01 PM.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:45 PM   #234  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS ~

Angie just took off for church, she has bell practice this morning, a big music day tomorrow in celebration of our RISEN LORD!

Good Friday service was, as always, a sad time. I am so thankful that our church acknowledges it, it really helps to keep me focused on Christ's gifts to us. I plan to watch THE PASSION OF CHRIST dvd later today.

I am searching scripture to use in my daughter's upcoming wedding. I have some in mind but I am also looking for "suggestions", so if you have any please feel free to mention it to me

ROSEBUD ~ great story....am thinking of what I can do too!

WILMA ~ Sorry about your FIL. We have never had turkey for Easter, that I can remember anyway, always ham, scalloped and mashed potatoes, salad, veggies and bread. Enjoy your clean house.

AUNT SUE ~ I had no idea you were such a GREAT singer! Brains, beauty and SONG!! Oh yeah! Have a great time on your Easter egg hunt with OUR neice!

ELIZBENNET ~ welcome and congrats on being a GRANDma!

TURTLEDOVE ~ I hope you had a good time bowling!

REALKITTY ~ Please do come back often!

HAPPY EASTER GALS!
Old 04-08-2007, 01:21 AM   #235  
Walking by faith

Default Blessed Resurrection Day

Wishing everyone here a wonderful day of celebrating the GOOD NEWS of Jesus Christ's victory over death, ****, and the grave!

Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 11:05 AM   #236  
Quit counting at 45!

Happy Easter!! Just heading out to my mom's for Easter dinner with the family. We're having ham today. That's why I cooked the turkey on Good Friday. I'm looking forward to spending time with my kids and family. Youngest DS is spending so much time with his new girlfriend that it'll be nice to have him with us today. It would have been too much for her this soon in the relationship to meet the rest of the family. We would like to get to know her a bit better first.

WE SERVE A RISEN SAVIOUR!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 03:32 PM   #237  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Cool Happy Easter Monday ...

Well, the snow finally ended this morning, and we have a lovely sunny afternoon! The birds are quite happy about it too; they came in droves during the storm, so we're now out of bird food.

We've been stayin' inside mostly. Had a wee accident; got attacked by a turkey ~ LOL! Went to take my turkey out of the chest freezer; it was too heavy, and I dropped it on my other hand by accident; yowza, that sure hurt. My poor peter-pointer is now all black & blue right up to my knuckle; sure hope it's not broken. If the swelling doesn't go down by tomorrow, we'll have to go to the hospital to get it checked out. There's no technicians on during holidays here anyways.

ANYWAYS, we ended up having roast beef instead; just as nice. Told DH that I won't be cooking that turkey until my hand has healed completely. Next year, it's back to traditional ham!

to ELIZABETH ... glad you joined us!

HI JOANNE ~ glad to see you post again!
GARY ~ nice pics; congrats to all of you.
WILMA ~ good that you had family to spend Easter with; I wish I did; too far away, but did talk on the phone and net.
HI ~ TO EVERYONE ELSE!

Well, I hope all of you are in good health, and staying OP as best as you can. Take care; and keep on keepin'on ~ your fellow encourager ... Rosebud.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:46 PM   #238  
Rose

S/C/G: 156/150/135

Hi, this is the first time I have posted here but I just had to write this... the Good Friday serivce at my church was phenomenal, my pastor read this poem of sorts on his thoughts and feelings of what Christ has done for us and then end he said "the cross symbolizes where our guilt meets his Grace" It was so powerful, that has carried on with me. - just wanted to share....
Rose2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 02:34 PM   #239  

S/C/G: 501/412/150

Height: 5'6"

Smile Gwynne's Albacore Toss!

Hello my Sisters in Christ!
I was invited to come and join this thread. I hope I am on the right one. I am pretty new to all this. I didn't even know what a Thread meant when I joined 3 fat chicks on a diet. But I am getting better and better at it. I think hahahaha
Well here we are another day to love and live for Jesus Our Lord.
He is sooo good to me! He is AWESOME!!!
I just got done juicing 10 limes. I use lime juice to add a salty flaver to my food. I am not allowed much salt (1,600 mg per day, per my Doc ) so I have been using lime juice. I really love it on a special salad I make. I would like to share it with you, hope you don't mind. I call it, "Gwynne's Albacore Toss!" I throw in a bowl, lettuce and spinach leaves,some shredded cabbage and carrots , some chopped fresh green onions, and a diced roma tomatoe. I also add some fresh celantro coursly chopped. Then I open up a can of StarKist very low sodium Albacore white tuna (the gold can) and drain off the juice, then I break up the tuna in the can and then dump it right on the top of the salad. Now I put 2 servervings of fat free mayo and 2 servings of fat free sour cream on top of the tuna. Now gently stir the mayo and sour cream into the albacore. Now sprinkel with garlic powder and lemon pepper. (also Mrs. Dash if you like it.)Stir that in too. Now Dump about a 1/4 cup lime juice (less if your not a lime freak like me!) on top of that and now toss it all together. It is a wonderful lunch and very light yet filling at the same time. I love it.
It also helps to keep my blood sugar stable. Thought you might like it too? It is yummy, to me anyway.
Hope you all have a wonderful and blessed day with Jesus! Love in Christ, your new friend, Gwyn I will Dance!

Last edited by Gwynditmars; 04-10-2007 at 02:36 PM. Reason: forgot ticker chick
Gwynditmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:35 PM   #240  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

A quick hello to GWYN and ROSE

UPDATE ON PRAYER REQUEST ~ The results came back GREAT on my niece's breast lump. The lump is benign and the doctor wants to wait until she is done breast feeding to remove it, about 8 months. Thanks so much for your prayers!