Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-20-2012, 11:10 AM   #301  
Just watch me ...

Good morning all,

Awful scale this morning. I have to stop this c#$%. This 'lifestyle change' has to happen NOW. My 'lifestyle change' is that I'm on a diet and I have to exercise every day. Period. The end.

Angelsmom - Great! Let's get this done

Novangel- Hope you're feeling better today.
Philly - sending good vibes your way

Last edited by Exhale15; 05-20-2012 at 11:20 AM.
Exhale15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:10 PM   #302  
Warrior Princess

Thanks, guys.

I do feel better today but I am completely wiped out...that was one heck of a 24 hour stomach virus. Fever, chills, body aches, nausea, stomach cramps. My goodness. I will resume exercise by Tuesday night but like I figured weight loss accomplished. I am right in the middle of my heaviest TOM day and the scale says 150.0. I'll take it even though I didn't technically earn it. Hopefully it doesn't go right back up now that I can go back to eating again. I will to try to maintain the best I can so I can see 149p sooner than later. I dare to dream.

Exhale, I am totally up for the challenge. If you guys start Monday I will hop back in by Tues/Wed.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 03:04 PM   #303  
Just watch me ...

Novangel, 24 hours of fever, chills, body aches, nausea, stomach cramps...you've definitely earned it ! Glad you're feeling better & jump right in when you're ready

Addition: Today went well. eggs and kasha (buckwheat) for breakfast, grilled chicken breast on salad for lunch, and a mini bagel scooped out with veggie cream cheese (2tbs) and a banana for dinner. I know the veggie cream cheese isn't the stuff that fitness models are made of - I'm going to try to make my own with chick peas instead of cream cheese. Like a crispy veggie hummus... And I walked a lot. Hopefully a good portion of the scale fright is water retention + maybe some muscle-related stuff and only a bit of actual returned fat!

You know, I've really done pretty well all-together and I should stop acting like my body is against me, 'cause it's not. It puts up with me eating C$%$ - which I promise to stop, and it gets me through Zumba!

Looking forward to an excellent tomorrow !

Last edited by Exhale15; 05-20-2012 at 06:18 PM.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:24 PM   #304  

S/C/G: 200/200/135

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone! It seems like it's been forever since I posted on here! I'm still around and alive, just been very stressed and busy with work and life stuff. There are lots of changes happening at my workplace right now (classroom changes, shift changes, etc.) and I am hoping to get switched to a morning shift (7-3) instead of what I do now (10-6.) With a long commute both ways, I basically have no time to myself during the week.

I'm also doing the Biggest Loser challenge on this site and have let my participation in this thread slip through the cracks as I try to keep up with everything else. I will definitely try and make a more concerted effort to keep up on here though! I've missed so much I don't know if I will be able to do personals for everyone in this post but I have gone back and read through what I missed.

Hoping to stay more on track and active here now! Missed you ladies!
ak812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:18 AM   #305  

So, I've been busy this weekend. My nephew is out of the hospital, thank goodness! My eating has been totally half hazard this week and weekend. My brother and mom were here all weekend so I had to entertain and feed them. I think I'm so over the fast food thing now. I've had more than my share that the grease and guilt just got to me. I mean on saturday I had a grilled chicken ceasar salad for dinner and then had some of my brother's sweet potato pound cake. Ok, I'm over it! Needless to say the exercise routine just didn't happen and frankly with everything going on it was a distant thought. Back on track tomorrow!

Gabi, feel better soon! Please don't rush back into your routine. It's okay to baby yourself for a bit. Sounds like you had a virus and hopefully the worst part is over.

Exhale, Hmmm, a challenge huh? Tell me more. I get on the scale everyday. I'm more interested in the mechanics of the human body. I just find it interesting how there are so many things that reflect that number that many people don't pay attention to.

Ak, Hmm, I guess we'll have to share you...lol. How's the challenge going? Is your team winning? And what are you doing these days?

Plexi, I used to LOVE the arc trainer. I used to go to a gym a couple years ago that had it. Even with all the equipment I have at home, I'm considering joining a gym again. I'm interested in fun fitness classes.

Angelsmom, thanks so much for the well wishes and he is out of the hospital. He's at home taking it easy and being pampered.
PhillyGirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:48 AM   #306  

Hi Philly! I'm so glad to hear your nephew is out of the hospital. Sending good, healing thoughts his way. Good luck getting back on track tomorrow! Changes in regular routines and schedules can be so hard on eating habits. But that sweet potato pound cake - omg sounds so delicious! Where was that from?

The BL challenge is going really well! I'm on the Blue team and we've won both weigh-ins so far. I'm down about 9-10 lbs from the starting weight of the challenge, and down a total of 17.8 lbs since I started trying to lose weight. I'm still calorie counting with MFP and am trying to keep my range at 1200-1400 per day. Seems like I get the biggest loss staying in the 1200s - no surprise there! lol

I've been bouncing around lots of exercise routines lately - tried some On Demand ones but couldn't find one that I loved. I somehow stumbled on one on YouTube called "Bootcamp Calorie Burn" from ExerciseTV and I absolutely LOVE it. The instructor is so motivating and it's just a really fun workout in general. It's only 32 minutes but I was sweating like crazy at the end. I'm also doing one that's on Instant Netflix called "Crunch Super Slim Down" which is pretty much a Yoga/Pilates blend on days I don't do the cardio. I love that one as well - did it lots in high school with great results. I highly recommend both of the ones I'm doing at the moment!

I did buy 30DS and Ripped in 30 but have yet to attempt them - I previewed 30DS and just don't know if I can handle Jillian. She's tough and no-nonsense but I don't know if her personality is the type that will motivate me. I'm headed to L.A. on vacation for the long weekend but will perhaps start 30DS when I'm back.

Start the week off strong, everyone! Glad to be back here.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:56 AM   #307  

S/C/G: 137/..ticker../99

Height: 5'1"

Hello ladies,

Did workout 4 of body revolution today. I hardly broke a sweat! I think I'll do workout 7 tomorrow. Everyone seems to be doing a good job

P.s I'll do personals later, my son is crying
Angelsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:17 AM   #308  

Happy Monday!!

I'm off to work, but I just wanted to drop in and report that my meals are packed so I'm hoping the food factor will be ok today. I'm downloading a couple of Jillian's podcasts right now to listen to on my commute. I'm psyched about the 6 week challenge!

Me too with personals...will respond later!

Ok, its later....

Ak, the cake was from the same restaurant where I got the salad. I dare not try to find the calorie count, but it was sooooo good! I'm glad for you that you found your exercise sweet spot. I joined a biggest loser on sparkpeople, but didn't keep with it.

Angelsmom, I see you are not following body revolution as written. Do you regret buying it? Did you do workout 3? That was the one that had me running for the hills.

I'm eating breakfast and my coworkers laugh at me on a regular basis because I will eat anything for breakfast that constitutes a meal. If I don't feel like cooking I will grab whatever is in the fridge. Today I grabbed turkey muffins (its just turkey meatloaf I put in muffin tins. One pound or so of ground turkey breast, 2 egg whites, flax seed as a binder, some chopped onion, one of those snack cups of salsa and seasoning is what I used.) One and a half is a perfect serving size. So I have that with some fruit...fresh pineapple, strawberries and the rest of an orange that was already in a baggie. Viola...protein+carbs=breakfast!

Ok, off to earn my pay

Last edited by PhillyGirl2012; 05-21-2012 at 08:48 AM. Reason: add
Old 05-21-2012, 12:00 PM   #309  
Just watch me ...

Hi guys Happy Monday !

Philly, glad your nephew's home
Gabi, hope you're feeling better... ease back into things...your system's been through a lot!
Hi Angelsmom! Hi Plexi
Hi ak, good luck with BL

So the challenge was inspired by my decent back into SGS (stupid girl syndrome) and gabi's call for more 'oomph' in the group. I like the idea of a challenge to the 4th of July - so we can celebrate our achievements ! I am really interested in why SGS comes about - I know that my weight responds positively to clean eating, and movement and yet.... So my focus will be lean protein, salad/greens, and natural 'carbs'. Plus, focusing on the types of movement I enjoy - zumba, pilates, yoga.

Question for the group: Are your actions motivated by the feeling that you're 'not good enough' yet, or are your actions motivated by 'loving your house' ?

Stay OP Chicks

Last edited by Exhale15; 05-21-2012 at 12:07 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:04 PM   #310  
Just watch me ...

I just finished watching 'Supersize Me'.

A lot of food-for-thought - no pun intended. It's free on Hulu.

The guy eats only McDonalds for 3 meals a day for 30 days. It's fascinating to see what it does to his weight, functioning, and lab results. While some criticize that 3x a day for 30 days is extreme, the 'experiment' does show the impact of C$%# food on the human body. And it made me think about the impact of my C$%# food choices (fat, sugar, salt, caffein) upon my health. It doesn't have to be McD's C$%# to cause the damage. Worth a watch....

Last edited by Exhale15; 05-21-2012 at 07:22 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:28 PM   #311  

Supersize Me is a great movie. He even started to look sickly. I still think the point of the movie did make an impact. Not too long after restaurants started offering healthier options.

I'm kinda failing at the challenge today. I've come to the conclusion that I make really bad choices out of boredom and especially when I am tired. Like now! I've not eaten dinner mainly cause I'm really tired. I snacked on cheez it baked crackers and just had a coconut almond ice cream bar. I was really trying to stay up a little while and hit the hay. If I'd gone to sleep I would be up like 1am.

Question for the group: Are your actions motivated by the feeling that you're 'not good enough' yet, or are your actions motivated by 'loving your house' ?

Wow, such a "looking into the mirror" question. Jillian always talks about identifying your "why" for change. She also says "why not you?" a LOT. I often wondered about self-sabotage and wondered if I did that during the Body Revolution program. I was at 3 weeks when I quit. I've read that it takes 21 days to build a habit and this is about the time when I stopped. Maybe something in my head senses the change trigger being pulled and another part shuts it down. I really have to work on fighting this and have a come to reality moment of "why not you?"

Off to bed
Old 05-21-2012, 09:30 PM   #312  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak812 View Post
I previewed 30DS and just don't know if I can handle Jillian. She's tough and no-nonsense but I don't know if her personality is the type that will motivate me. I'm headed to L.A. on vacation for the long weekend but will perhaps start 30DS when I'm back.
DO IT!! You will not regret it! Wear an ipod once you get the jist of the routines.

I still didn't feel 100% today, I am planning to start back tomorrow or Wednesday.

Last edited by novangel; 05-21-2012 at 09:32 PM.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:50 AM   #313  

Happy Monday! Wishing everyone a great start to this week.

It's Teacher Appreciation Week at work which basically means lots of donuts, cookies, desserts, pizza, sandwiches, etc. in the kitchen every day. I managed to limit myself to 1 donut and 2 dark chocolate Hershey's kisses today but shouldn't have even done that. I was still able to stay within calorie goal, and even kept myself in the 1200s by having a really light dinner, but I still felt guilty about that darn donut. Hope this will be a lesson that will help fuel tomorrow's willpower to stay away from that stuff!

I did do my Bootcamp Calorie Burn workout this morning and found it easier than last time so that was good. Tomorrow will be the Crunch Super Slim Down and hopefully a walk at work if it's not pouring like it was today.

Angelsmom - Nice job with Body Revolution - you're blasting right through it!

Philly - I saw a pic of those turkey muffins on your blog and they look delicious! Nice job planning out and packaging your food - always a big help for keeping on track. I totally know what you mean about boredom = bad choices. In the afternoons at work my kids basically just do free play & there's not much for me to do. It's always at this time that I find myself thinking, "Hmm, wonder if there are any snacks in the kitchen?" I really have to stop and think if it's my mind that's hungry or my body.

Exhale - Thanks for that thought-provoking question regarding motivation. I never even thought about it but my main motivation for losing weight and getting in better shape is that I'm 'not good enough yet.' I know I should be doing it for love of myself and my body but I'm not there yet. Not anywhere near there yet, to be honest. Also, never seen Supersize Me but have always wanted to watch it. Good to know it's free on Hulu! And finally, don't beat yourself up over SGS. lol I find myself fighting that syndrome way too often. I just know that it's better for my body to eat clean and keep moving but sometimes I just don't do it. It's mind-boggling at times!

novangel - I've decided to definitely begin Jillian after the long weekend! I will definitely keep you updated on my progress and will probably often turn to you as proof that I will live through 30DS.

Have a great night, everyone!
Old 05-22-2012, 06:41 AM   #314  

Happy Tuesday!

Ak, I didn't know if anyone actually read my blog! I LOVE the idea of those turkey muffins simply because its built in serving size control. They really are hearty too!

Rain, rain go away! I slept really great last night. I think the first restful sleep I've had in a week. My pork is done and smells good at 6:30 am from cooking all night in the crock pot.

Off to get ready for work. Make it a great day everyone!
Old 05-22-2012, 08:48 AM   #315  
Just watch me ...

Good morning all!

Philly, glad you got a good night's sleep. You know, I just got a crock pot/slow cooker over the weekend. I heard that you can even make oatmeal in it, although that would be a LOT of oatmeal What I've been having the past couple of days is pre-formed turkey patties. They cook up in a couple of minutes and have 'saved' me on 2 occasions so far. I want to try to make a turkey/chickpea or /lentil burger - I need to start eating my beans-legumes again, but feel a lot better now that I'm eating some animal protein.

Angelsmom - Keep up the good work !

novangel - Hope today finds you feeling even 'more better'

ak - 1 donut and 2 dark chocolate Hershey's kisses - that is some will power, esp with the 'kisses' - and they were dark, at that! I think the answer to motivation lies within our approach - some folks chip away what's not working, and that gives them great laser-sharp focus. For some, the thought of not being good enough leads to paralysis and discouragement. Others see themselves as most deserving and once they find something that works for them hone in on that and never look back.

I think I'm somewhere in the middle moving toward the 'lovin' end of the spectrum...

Have a great, strong day everyone. We have lots of time left on the challenge - check my 'countdown' ticker. We have 1 month, 1 week, and 5 days to go