Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-05-2012, 05:38 PM   #406  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhale15 View Post
See Plexi, every time you think of the 'S-' word, think of losing you pearly whites!

Hi Bunneh good save yesterday !

Hi Philly- Good Job!

I tried out my slow cooker yesterday: turkey, mushrooms, broth, lentils. Came out really nice. Today I'm using the oven: chicken breast over black beans and mixed peppers, topped with tomato sauce. Smells great. My cooking is really not bad. Time to quit the take-out places....
I am looking for ways to use my slow cooker to cook meals for the week. Those do sound really good and healthy!
PhillyGirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:38 PM   #407  
Just watch me ...

Welcome Eskielover
I like your avitar - are those Amer. Eskimos?

Must admit that the recipes are basically simple. For the first, I used thin-sliced turkey breast, a can of mushroom soup with some veggie broth, a package of sliced mushrooms. That cooked a bit and then I added a handful of lentils and some whole wheat pasta. I think the herbs were dried parsley, and garam masala. Since the meat was thinly sliced, it cooked up quickly on 'high'. For the second, I line a casserole dish with drained black beans, sliced up a couple of sweet peppers - red, yellow, and orange, and topped that with a boneless chicken breast that I deeply scored. On top of that went some Prego sauce and, again, the veggie broth so the bottom won't burn. Spices were paprika & cayenne pepper. When the chicken was done, I turned it over and topped a bit more sauce + drizzle of shaved mozzarella. My oven's on the fritz, so I can't really tell you the temp
Exhale15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:40 PM   #408  

Eskielover, your avatar is too cute! Welcome to the thread. A lot of use have trials of some sort so feel free to post whatever's on your mind.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:41 PM   #409  
Just watch me ...

Hey Philly, we're typing at the same time I Love my slow-cooker. Going to try eggplant when I can find some nice ones..... I want to try the kale recipe you recommended, too. Hope you're feeling better.

Re the 'substitute snacks' - if they're the packaged kind, I rather just go for the real thing once in a blue moon - the 'fake' stuff not so great or great for us. And I find it's not satisfying - false sense of virtue.

Last edited by Exhale15; 06-05-2012 at 05:44 PM. Reason: addition
Old 06-05-2012, 05:52 PM   #410  
Just watch me ...

Oh yeah, I cooked the chicken dish down until the peppers and beans are caramelized & the chicken fell apart. This is good.

Good appetite everyone, see you tomorrow...
Old 06-05-2012, 07:23 PM   #411  

sounds yummy!
Old 06-05-2012, 08:09 PM   #412  
Warrior Princess

Welcome Eskie! The more the merrier! I'm not a huge fan of exercise either but I force myself if I want to be thin and fit. Diet alone does zero for me, I have to do cardio to get anywhere....this century.

I'm just grabbing something to eat and then it's off to the races with Jillian. Hope everyone is having a nice day/night. BBL to progress report.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:12 PM   #413  
Warrior Princess

Alright RI30 done. It will be a miracle if I dont gain a pound, work had a b-day party and there was a huge table full of food. Guess who was all over it??

Goodnight!
Old 06-06-2012, 07:20 AM   #414  

Good morning!

I got up early and my back is feeling better. Didn't take a muscle relaxer last night, but took motrin instead. I did a walk workout and feel great. I read on webmd that lifting weights don't aggravate back strain so maybe I'll do my weight workout tonight. I feel really good and very relaxed right now.

Off to get ready for work. Make better choices today everyone!

Last edited by PhillyGirl2012; 06-06-2012 at 07:20 AM. Reason: add
Old 06-06-2012, 08:07 AM   #415  
Just watch me ...

Good morning all,

Let's stay OP today
Old 06-06-2012, 11:37 AM   #416  
Warrior Princess

Good morning!

Today is a beautiful day off, so after I get a few errands done I'm going for a long walk (partially uphill) and then Jillian tonight. Double exercise for me today.

Be back later to check in.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:56 PM   #417  
Warrior Princess

Red face

I did an hour brisk walk earlier and now it's time for Jillian.

I got a bikini today! It looks alright but I wouldn't even attempt to wear one this time last year so that's saying something positive right? Also, it's not helping that I feel very bloated from all the grazing I did at the work party yesterday...well I hope it's bloat and not real damage.

See everyone tomorrow.

Last edited by novangel; 06-06-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:46 PM   #418  
Warrior Princess

Thumbs up

I decided to do L2 RI30 tonight. Wow, that was interesting...I got into positions that I didn't even dream possible.

I almost feel like I'm talking to myself here today. *crickets chirping* Hello?

<--- @ lurkers

Off to shower. Goodnight!
Old 06-07-2012, 12:00 PM   #419  
Just watch me ...

Hi guys!
Novangel, congrats on the bikini - you are really working hard and, see, it's working 'this century' I've been working on my diet, which has paid off as I'm back down to my former baseline and this morning was pleased to see a smoother silhouette. My slow cooker is really going to help. But last night, all I did was poach a chicken cutlet in some veggie broth and balsamic vinegar. When it was cooked through, I topped it with some mozzarella cheese and had that with spinach and cucumbers. Really good and So quick. Then I had some of the wonderful strawberries that are out these days.

I'll be back w/exercise update
Old 06-07-2012, 02:18 PM   #420  

Lol....the cricket thing is how I feel sometimes.

I am still nursing my back strain. Its not bad but more of a slight irritation. Still I dont want to agrevate it, especially since its getting better. So no exercise today, but my new macros are a challenge to hit. I was super full by the time I got home and really didnt feel like eating dinner so I didnt. I just think it was a combination of eating lunch late and I ate one of those 100 calorie sandwich thins. Its been weeks since ive eaten bread and maybe my body do didnt know what to do with it.

Btw....sorry for typos, im on my cellphone