Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-28-2012, 01:27 PM   #181  

Happy Saturday!

Wow, two people feeling blah is not good. Feel better ladies.

I'm, on the other hand, am feeling quite great. I had yet another realization moment today and recommitted to my program. I think it really helped joining this facebook group. Even though I'm not doing Jillian, those people are great too and I still read and post. The before and after pics on the Les Mills facebook are super encouraging and as Jill says "Why not you?". I'm totally into making it my time. It was probably in the back of my mind with not making something decadent on my break this week. I'm going to make a few meals for the week and keep it super clean. My official 90 day transformation starts on Monday. I've been doing the program this week, but that was mainly to get used to the barbell and work on my form. Using a barbell is very different from dumbbells.

Ok, I'm hungry...off to make something yummy!
PhillyGirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:16 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 137/..ticker../99

Height: 5'1"

Hello ladies

Ak- hope you feel better after sone good rest, make sure to eat healthy though!
Novangel- even though it's small but there is a difference, you should have taken measurements. Keep up the good work!
Philly- glad your feeling great, and looks like your on a good plan for the week

L3D22 done! My knees feel a little better, guess they just needed a break.
Have a good weekend everyone

Last edited by Angelsmom; 04-28-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Angelsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:34 PM   #183  

Umm...wow! I bought a slab of turkey bacon from the warehouse store and cut it up. Because I don't want to waste calories or overeat, I decided to dust off my scale and weigh out portions. Ok...to my eye the amount of a slice was wayyyyy off compared to what I've been eating. Sadly... weighing, portioning is the only way I'm going to get to my goal. So be it!

Last edited by PhillyGirl2012; 04-28-2012 at 02:35 PM. Reason: add
Old 04-28-2012, 07:57 PM   #184  

Quote:
Originally Posted by novangel View Post
There, now I feel better. 3/15 to 4/28

ETA: I really wish I hadn't lost that Feb start photo for comparison. Oh well...life goes on.
I don't know how I missed your post. Novangel, you results are awesome!
Old 04-28-2012, 11:56 PM   #185  
Warrior Princess

Smile

Thanks!! I kicked butt in March but now it's slower progression the past few weeks. Hopefully May I can kick it into high gear again. I always love the start of a new month it seems to increase my motivation.

L2 done. Goodnight.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:37 AM   #186  

Doing great ladies, keep it up!

L3D23 done!
Old 04-29-2012, 09:07 AM   #187  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

2012-04-28
C25K day 3 (coming off food poisoning/morning sickness so proud!!)

2012-04-29
30 min yoga to do during my boy's nap.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:10 AM   #188  
Just watch me ...

Good morning everyone !

Philly - great energy ! Got me thinking about DAILY RECOMMITMENT. Regardless of what the scale, muscles, joints say...there's a way around it 'cause lots of roads lead to success - just gotta keep moving forward.

Gabi - your sides are way more defined!

Enjoy the day everyone, keep livin' beautiful and healthy.

Last edited by Exhale15; 04-29-2012 at 09:12 AM.
Exhale15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:26 AM   #189  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsmom View Post
Doing great ladies, keep it up!

L3D23 done!
How much harder is L3? I'm dreading, L2 kills me.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:26 PM   #190  

S/C/G: 200/200/135

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for all the well wishes, girls. I'm feeling better & pretty lucky that I escaped with only a couple of days of queasiness that never progressed into a full blown stomach bug. So far ... knock on wood. I have definitely not gotten in as much exercise as I wanted to this week, in part due to crazy schedule changes at work and these past few days because of feeling sick. Ugh! It's so hard for me to get back into it after even a couple of days off plan. Got in a short walk at a nearby park with the boyfriend but nothing more than that really. Today I plan on taking a LONG walk with him & then doing a 60 min cardio workout On Demand. Gotta start kicking back into gear again - the Biggest Loser challenge on this site has begun and the first weigh in is 1 week from today.

novangel - I know exactly what you mean! After 1 day of not exercising I live in FEAR of the scale, feeling like it will shoot right up. But you have done AMAZING, I mean look at those pictures. Seriously, you're really looking incredible. Major props to you!

Exhale - How's the recommitment weekend going? Your plan for yoga & yummy foods sounds really refreshing. And you are SO right ... no matter what the 'results' say (scale, inches, etc.) it is so important to recommit daily and know that those things will follow.

Philly - You're such a cooking/baking wizard - your own protein bars? Sounds impressive AND yummy. Let us know how those turned out! Best of luck to you with starting the Body Pump program. I'm very much looking forward to hearing how it goes. What's the schedule like?

sacha - Good for you for getting that in, even after morning sickness AND food poisoning. Sounds like no fun at all. Keep up the great work!

Angelsmom - So happy to hear that your knees are feeling better. Can't believe you're almost done with 30DS. I'll be starting it very soon & will think of you to remind me that it IS possible to complete.

Keep going strong, all!
ak812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:11 PM   #191  
Just watch me ...

HI. I'm 'previewing' the Biggest Loser walking dvd while eating 'pepper steak' with tofu substituting for the beef. Really good. And I'm enjoying a defiant little giggle every time Bob says to get off the sofa. I like this walking workout - it's 4 16-minute miles with nice variety & includes weight moves and medicine ball moves (optional, of course). There's also a 'marathon' counter, so you can keep track to see when you've done 26 miles. This one is a keeper.

So I'm 4 for 4 daily yoga classes and feeling good.

Hope you all are having a successful day.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:35 PM   #192  

Hey Everybody!

It's 6pm and I've cooked 3 meals to have throughout the week. As I sit here and read my energy is leaving. I made turkey meatloaf muffins-got that idea off of bodybuilding.com on youtube . I also made brown stew chicken with trader joe's brown rice medley. I've made the brown stew chicken before, but this time I didn't marinate the meat and it still turned out good. Trader Joe's brown rice medley is like the best rice on the planet...lol. I'm not a brown rice lover, but this version is super good. I also made stewed plain chicken with onions n red potato cooked in chicken broth. That was super good. I had it for lunch. So all that needs to be added are veggies, but my meals are mostly done for the week...yay!

I officially start Les Mills Body Pump tomorrow. There's a new group that started so I feel like we will all be on the same page and can better share our experiences. The beginning schedule is 3 body pump days, 2 cardio days and two rest days. During my pre-view week I know better of what weight to use and get a better workout.

ak812-I experiment all the time. Some turn out good, some don't. The protein bars were a colossal failure. I made them at like 1am so that they could have a chance to get firm in the fridge. I adjusted a recipe I found because it was too high calorie and too much fat. That attempt wasn't successful, but you know I'll try again soon.

exhale, I'm glad you like the biggest loser walk and LOL at Bob. Good going on the yoga classes. Umm, I still haven't started doing it yet. I will though because its part of the body pump program.

sacha, glad to see your post! How'd you get food poisoning? How do you like the couch25k program?

angelsmom, I have knee issues too. I started taking triple flex and its been helping. But yeah sometimes you just gotta give them a break.

novangel, you are in that range where Jillian says its the hardest I think. Like the last 10-15 lbs its much harder to lose.

I'm off to relax a bit before returning to cleaning the kitchen. LOL...with that much cooking the cleaning had to be done in stages.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:21 PM   #193  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyGirl2012 View Post
Hey Everybody!
novangel, you are in that range where Jillian says its the hardest I think. Like the last 10-15 lbs its much harder to lose.
Tell me about it!

Ok, i'm getting off the couch now and time to sweat. See everyone tomorrow.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:12 AM   #194  
Just watch me ...

Hi guys, Important day today...saying goodbye to April and hello to May. Make it count !
Old 04-30-2012, 08:44 AM   #195  

Hello ladies

Ak- back on track good for you! keep it up
Philly- I might try that. Like Ak said let us know how the protein bars turn out
Exhale- let's say hello to may and start the new month strong!
Novangel- level 3 was so hard for me that I couldn't follow all their moves tbh! But after the second time I followed them and it made me sweat like crazy

L3D24 done! 6 more days

Start may strong ladies, we can do it!