Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-12-2012, 10:35 AM   #451  
Just watch me ...

Good morning all

Kinda cloudy here this morning. Just wanted to check in...have lots to do today, keeping on plan food-wise. Philly, you're a computer wiz? Dissecting videos, etc. wow. Have you reviewed the Fitness Blender vids on you-tube? You may be able to piece together some of their workouts once your 2-weeks are completed.

talk w/you later, feel better Bunneh & hi novangel

Last edited by Exhale15; 06-12-2012 at 10:36 AM.
Exhale15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:53 AM   #452  

I LOVE technology! I did look at fitness blender, but I need music and playing my own doesn't work for me. I get what your saying though. I have many workout video's and I'll probably pick another Cathe dvd cause she rocks.
PhillyGirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:39 PM   #453  
Warrior Princess

Bunneh, when I had the stomach bug it took me a good week to not feel sick to my stomach. Don't worry too much just make sure you don't fall off the sweat wagon and get right back to exercise as soon as you feel 100% but for now take it easy.

Hey, Exhale and Philly.

I'm going for 6 days in a row this week, off Saturday and then on to level 3 Sunday night. Hopefully TOM doesn't screw me up which it usually does. :/

Hope everyone is having a great day, very nice out (if you live in the midwest) I'll be back tonight to report.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:21 PM   #454  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Today I did the the warm up from Kari Anderson's hot steps (aprox. ten minutes) Tamilee Web's tight on time cardio step (ten minutes) and half of TurboFire 45EZ. I kept it all really low intensity though.
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:05 PM   #455  

S/C/G: 130/117.4/100

Height: 4' 10.5"

Evening, ladies. Today I did my Body Flex workout which went a little better than last time. I didn't get to walk though as I had to wait for someone to come to the house to bid a job this morning and then it clouded up & rained later. I'll just have to rebound instead.

I weighed myself today as it's been one week since starting on "new" program. I have stayed away from soda pop all week and didn't eat out at all until today. Exercised every day but one, and ate good-for-me foods. **I lost almost 2 lbs.!! (1.8 lbs. to be exact).** I haven't been able to get below 122 since the end of February & that's why I quit exercising and eating correctly. Needless to say, I'm very excited.

Thanks, for getting me motivated to move again.

Eskielover
Eskielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:34 PM   #456  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhale15 View Post
Morning all!

Eskielover, those pups are cute Sounds like you're doing great! Tell me about your rebounder.......
Stay strong and happy.
Exhale, what would you like to know about the rebounder? It's a mini trampoline, but not small like the ones you can buy in a store. Mine is 40 " across, very sturdy, & I've had it forever. Rebounding is great exercise & will actually keep your lymphatic system clean & working well, fire up your metabolism, energize every cell, & tone your body. When I use it consistantly, I can see a huge difference in my energy level & losing weight. I guess I just get bored or something and quit. There is a great book: The Miracles of Rebound Exercise by Albert E. Carter. You might be able to find it at your library or through interlibrary loan if you're interested in learning more.

If I haven't answered your questions, feel free to ask.

Eskielover
Old 06-12-2012, 08:42 PM   #457  

Quote:
Originally Posted by novangel View Post

Eskie, unless you have medical limitations there's no reason why you couldn't handle Jillian. Don't be too quick to sell yourself short. It is really hard at first but the pay off is well worth it.
novangel, I don't have any medical limitations; just old and fat.

What do you mean "hard"? Hard to keep up with Jillian? Hard to do the moves?
I know that those two DVD's seem to be everyones favorite workouts.

I ordered a new workout DVD for the rebounder, but I'll give Jillian a try. Which would you recommend doing first?

Thanks novangel!

Last edited by Eskielover; 06-12-2012 at 08:43 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:21 PM   #458  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskielover View Post
novangel, I don't have any medical limitations; just old and fat.

What do you mean "hard"? Hard to keep up with Jillian? Hard to do the moves?
Here's my Jillian review:

It's hard to keep up at first if you're very out of shape like I was, I did have many "what the h*ll was I thinking?" moments. If you stick with her it does get easier but you really have to be really motivated to lose weight otherwise you will shelf Jillian and chalk her up as being too hard.

If you can handle jumping moves (jump rope, jumping jacks, jogging in place) then I'd say start with 30 Day Shred...If you have bad knees then Ripped In 30 which is equally as hard but less jumping around. Ripped in 30 seems to focus more on strength and resistance. Some of the moves on BOTH DVD's require balance and are a little awkward at times.

You'll need hand weights. The DVD calls for 3p weights; I have 5p weights. I didn't think 3p weights were enough resistance but you have to decide what you can handle. If you don't have carpet you'll need a yoga mat for sure.

It's 20 minutes a day, and if you stick with it religiously you WILL get results in combination with a good diet. Like I said before unless a person has physical limitations/joint issues then there's really no reason why you should feel you "can't" do Jillian...unless you're pushing 70 which I doubt you are.

ETA: Once you know the routine mute the tv and use an ipod, works great for distraction and makes the time seem to go faster.

Whatever you choose to do in the end; good luck just as long as you are moving!

Last edited by novangel; 06-13-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:10 AM   #459  

Thanks, novangel. I appreciate the info. I'll probably buy one of the DVD's later this week. Which one are you currently doing?

Eskielover
Old 06-13-2012, 07:56 AM   #460  
Just watch me ...

Morning all

Did a real number on myself yesterday - Chinese take-out, diet coke, chocolate-covered almonds Something of those triggered a nasty headache. Once the nausea clears, I'm back to poached chicken, arugula, and strawberries. (What was I thinking!)

Eskielover, thanks for the info. That's something I've got to try one of these days
Novangel, you are FAB!
Bunneh, better and better every day.
Philly, how is that group challenge working out for you?

OK, today is regroup and recommit day for me. You guys carry on with your excellent ways See ya tonight.

Last edited by Exhale15; 06-13-2012 at 08:10 AM.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:46 AM   #461  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhale15 View Post
Morning all

Did a real number on myself yesterday - Chinese take-out, diet coke, chocolate-covered almonds Something of those triggered a nasty headache. Once the nausea clears, I'm back to poached chicken, arugula, and strawberries. (What was I thinking!)

Eskielover, thanks for the info. That's something I've got to try one of these days
Novangel, you are FAB!
Bunneh, better and better every day.
Philly, how is that group challenge working out for you?

OK, today is regroup and recommit day for me. You guys carry on with your excellent ways See ya tonight.
Ow--hope the headache & nausea is gone quickly. I did something similar yesterday; celebrated with a small dish of ice cream! Todays weigh-in shows me up one pound.

Back on track today & will be sure to get a walk in too.

Later, Eskielover
Old 06-13-2012, 08:28 PM   #462  
Warrior Princess

Eskie, I'm doing Ripped in 30 now but start with 30 Day Shred. Once you know the routine turn the tv down and use an ipod. Music is good distraction and makes the time go by faster.

Exhale, don't feel bad I ate some pizza today, TOM supposed to start real soon and I'm horribly bloated. I didn't work out last night either because PMS is making me so fatigued. I'm still tired but gonna push myself to do Jillian anyway....that's what it's all about right? So much for 6 days in a row, I knew I shouldn't have announced I always jinx. Last week when I went for 7 days I didn't say anything until it was near accomplished.

Ok, time to exercise.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:29 PM   #463  
Warrior Princess

Thumbs up

Tonight was L2 RI30, and L1 30DS (for extra credit) back to back.

Goodnight!
Old 06-14-2012, 10:01 AM   #464  
Just watch me ...

Morning all

Every day a fresh start. If I want to be a daily exerciser, I have only today to be her. And I have to do it with no 'strings' attached. Not, 'I'll do X but I expect to lose 2 pounds at the end of the week'. The scale is a toxic friend. Exercise is true blue.

Just for today ...

Last edited by Exhale15; 06-14-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:50 AM   #465  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

I have to agree with you Exhale... my weight over the past few days has been like this (note that before this I was pretty steady at 158, dunno what caused it!): 159, 161, 162, 163, 162, 161, 160.

Yesterday I did walk away the pounds 1mile, and the tight on time leg workout (ten minutes). Today I'm just planning to spend a little bit of time on my stationary bike.
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote