Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-03-2012, 10:32 PM   #211  
Warrior Princess

Taking a night off, I am super tired. See everyone tomorrow..
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:27 AM   #212  

S/C/G: 200/200/135

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone! Sorry I've been quiet for a couple of days, I've just been trying to survive this week and get to the weekend for 2 days of REST. I've just been so tired lately & really want to sleep in and nap all weekend long.

Had to get up early this morning for a dentist appointment & got 3 cavities filled. I had planned on exercising after work but traffic on the way home was terrible & my mouth was still sore. That, plus a stressful day & mini argument with the bf the second I walked in the door meant no exercise for me tonight. I did get a 25 minute walk in during lunch today.

Overall I've been doing pretty well with everything this week. I've taken a walk every day at work this week, drank my full 8 glasses of water, and stayed in (and even under) my calorie goal. I've also done some cardio workouts On Demand and/or a stability ball workout every day this week (except today.) Looking forward to finishing out the week strong tomorrow. Will be weighing myself for the first time in several days & hope to see a new low, but will try not to get too discouraged if I don't.

novangel - I've had those workouts you described - where you just have to keep stopping & then feel like you didn't get quite a good workout because of it. Good for you for soldiering on anyway! You totally deserved the night off tonight - hope you are enjoying it. And I also love your new signature. lol you're too funny

Philly - Aw I hope your sinuses start treating you better very soon. It's such a bummer to have sinus issues - at least for me it just drains all of the energy right from my body and exercising is the last thing I want to do. Sending good, healing thoughts your way.

Exhale - Oh no, you're not feeling well, either?! Good thoughts coming your way, too, friend. I've heard so much lately about Zumba & really want to give it a try, especially after reading about how much you love it. Can't wait to hear more when you start doing regular classes.

Angelsmom - So impressed that you're nearly done with 30DS & really looking forward to your results post. You are an inspiration to me.

Happy almost weekend to you all!
ak812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:48 AM   #213  

S/C/G: 137/..ticker../99

Height: 5'1"

Philly- try to find the right program for you, hope you feel better
Exhale- sorry to hear about the bug, it sucks I know
Ak- sometimes your body needs a rest, besides you already took a walk so don't sweat it

L3D28 done! I can't wait to finish this I'm getting sick of Jillian

Good luck everyone
Angelsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:09 AM   #214  
Just watch me ...

Happy Friday All

We had some thunderstorm last night (again). Lightning that lit up the bedroom and cracking rumbling thunder that sounded like it was right outside the window! This morning all's quiet and calm.

I still have a bit of whatever I had yesterday, but determined to get some stuff done today. I need to make a good pot of soup. From scratch. Something nice and warm. I need to clear this up and fortify for my zumba session this weekend - I've been looking forward to it since Wednesday. There's a different teacher on and I want to see how the class will be. I'm so excited to finally have a hobby where I'm not contemplating my navel

ak & philly, hope your feeling better

novangel, you are doing great and your signature makes my day!

Angelsmom, keep up the good work!

Exhale15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:27 AM   #215  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Thanks

4/30- Kettlebells
5/1- Off
5/2- C25K (3 mile run)
5/3- 25 minute hike (12 incline) and 30 minute yoga
5/4- Probably off
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:36 AM   #216  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

5/1 - 2.5 mile run
5/2 - Weights and 20 minutes cardio
5/3 - Lifting cheeseburgers to my mouth, 30 minute brisk walk
5/4 - Not a whole lot
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:02 PM   #217  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacha View Post
Thanks

4/30- Kettlebells
5/1- Off
5/2- C25K (3 mile run)
5/3- 25 minute hike (12 incline) and 30 minute yoga
5/4- Probably off
5/4-Did a 2 mile hike
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:04 PM   #218  

Angelsmom - Keep up that hard work! I can only imagine how sick you must be of Jillian right now. I'm going to the post office tomorrow to pick up 30DS and Ripped in 30 and MAY try it out this weekend but not sure. Will keep you updated!

Exhale - So glad to hear you're feeling at least a little bit better. I'm also so JEALOUS of your thunderstorm! Don't get them often here in Seattle, but I'm from the East Coast and always had them in the summer. Love them! Have fun at Zumba this weekend!

sacha - Good to see all that activity you got in, and especially good to see you're recovering from that food poisoning. Keep it up!

krampus - Hello! lol at lifting cheeseburgers to your mouth - sounds like my kind of exercise! Keep up that fantastic work, girl!

I weighed myself this morning and was at 189.0! Haven't weighed myself in several days so it was a nice treat to be out of the 190s. For now, at least. I am going back & forth about whether to weigh myself every day or not. I think it's mentally better for me to do it once a week because then I'm more likely to work hard EVERY DAY to see a good number on the scale on that one day. I'm also less likely to get disappointed by an up fluctuation on a certain day. BUT it drives me crazy not to know the number every day. Oh well, I'll stick to weekly & see how it goes for a few weeks maybe.

Hope everyone is able to get out and move around lots this weekend!
Old 05-04-2012, 03:17 PM   #219  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

I don't feel too bad about being lazy today and yesterday. Going on a 12 mile mountain hike tomorrow!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:07 AM   #220  
Warrior Princess

L3D2 Not too bad. I need to get some new ipod songs though.

I'm having a "fat" day. I don't know what I ate but I'm SO bloated...I feel very frustrated right now and worried I gained weight. I didn't eat a lot of calories but still ready to cry. This is so stressful sometimes. I just want this excess weight (all of it) gone already.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:15 AM   #221  

S/C/G: 137/..ticker../99

Height: 5'1"

Ak- yay for the loss! So happy for you keep it up

L3D29 done! And I'll post results

Inches lost
Arms: -0.5 each, so -1
Bust: -1
Waist: -2
Upper hip: -2
Lower hip: -2
Upper thighs: -2 each, so -4
Lower thighs: -1 each , so -2
Calf: 0

Weight loss: -9 lbs

Body fat: -3.6 %

Overall it's not bad, my problem area is my thighs and im happy for the loss. I also weighed in 2 lbs less today
I'll be taking a break from exercising for a few days my 1 year old is sick and has a high fever.

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited by Angelsmom; 05-05-2012 at 10:32 AM.
Angelsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:06 AM   #222  
Just watch me ...

Good morning all

Slept really late today; this bug has gotten me drained. I have a yoga workshop - hip openers and spinal twists - later today and determined to go, even if I don't complete the session.

Angelsmon, hope your little one feels better soon. And congrats on your stats!

Novangel, don't cry ! You're doing great. Bloat comes and goes and this will go soon.

Krampus, Hi! Hope you're enjoying your hike. 12 miles !

ak, happy bye, bye, to the 190's ! I'm back to daily weighing - it keeps me focused - and I jot down the number on a sticky on my bathroom wall. I've learned to accept little bumps-ups every so often and really like seeing the numbers drop down bit-by-bit.

sacha, hope your feeling better - feel your pain !

Philly, hope your feeling well and having a great weekend
Old 05-05-2012, 12:49 PM   #223  

Weekend's starting off pretty nicely w/ a weigh-in at 188.8 this morning! Am trying to resist the temptation to weigh again tomorrow, so will probably use this # as my Biggest Loser weigh-in for the week. That means I'm down 2.8lbs from my starting weight!

Not too many plans for the weekend - the bf and I will probably try to take a long walk to the fruit/vegetable stand nearby but that depends on weather. I also want to get in either a cardio or stability workout today. Love the extra time on weekends to exercise! Of course I also have lots of TV shows to catch up on, and a great book to finish.

krampus - Hope you're enjoying that hike! Sounds intense. Looking forward to hearing about it when you're back.

novangel - Don't cry, girl! You are doing such a FANTASTIC job and I know it feels at times like the efforts can be futile, but every workout and every day on plan is a step in the right direction. Some days are worse than others but that does NOT mean you won't get to that goal. I have 100% confidence in you & know you will get there. Keep up the hard work & know that we are all here for you.

Angelsmom - Wow! Those results are WAY impressive! Very proud of you. Keep up all that hard work, lady. Sorry to hear about the sick baby - hope he or she gets better very soon!

Exhale - Good for you for sleeping in - your body needs that rest after battling that bug. Yoga sounds like a nice relaxing way to build your strength back up. Don't push yourself too hard, too soon though! Thanks for your input on daily weighing - I think I need to learn from you and begin to accept the occasional upswings without letting it detract from my efforts.

Keep moving, everyone, and enjoy this beautiful Saturday!
Old 05-05-2012, 01:42 PM   #224  
Warrior Princess

I decided to torture myself and get on the scale, of course it says I am up a pound because my life is awesome. I haven't eaten over my caloric allowance but from what I have read on this site thus far I would have to eat 3,500 calories in order to gain a "fat pound" correct?

I'm going to chalk it up as water bloat but I want to get clarification on what it takes to gain an actual fat pound..
Old 05-05-2012, 02:07 PM   #225  
Just watch me ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by novangel View Post
I decided to torture myself and get on the scale, of course it says I am up a pound because my life is awesome. I haven't eaten over my caloric allowance but from what I have read on this site thus far I would have to eat 3,500 calories in order to gain a "fat pound" correct?

I'm going to chalk it up as water bloat but I want to get clarification on what it takes to gain an actual fat pound..
a couple of thoughts ...

- the mental anguish you're going through is not helping your progression - you'll start to really hate your healthy habits and that's not good.
- if you have 12 pounds to go, even if you lose only 1/2 pound a month you'll have those 12 pounds off in a year's time. And you know it will be quicker than that... So they WILL come off.
- could the weight stall be muscle-related fluid retention from your work-outs?
- take a week off --- no strenuous work-outs, just get in some stretching and fresh air, eat sensibly, and let your body & mind regroup/recoup.
- change the diet....more greens? Less carbs? more lean proteins?