Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-21-2012, 10:43 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 137/..ticker../99

Height: 5'1"

Ak- clothes, shoes and wet hair could probably weigh around 5 lbs. It doesn't matter if your scale is right or not as long as the numbers are going down! Dont be discouraged if you can't replicate the moves, just keep moving around like your BF said. Your on the right track, keep it up, you WILL get to your goal and nothing will stop you

L2D16 done! I've lost an inch from my waist, not as much as I was hoping..
At least I'm losing, right?

Keep moving ladies
Angelsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:10 PM   #137  
Just watch me ...

HI everybody
What a great day. Pilates class was tough (ha ha!) I feel completely worked out. Then I walked around the shops a bit, bought a kitchen clock and some of those little felt circles for my chair legs.

angel, I too, am a fan of the Mexican cuisine...but remember all the work you're putting into your exercise. You're building up your muscle and metabolism, so even if you get a hit on the scale you haven't really 'undone' anything...it just won't show yet.

ak I haven't really made any Indian food that tastes like Indian food, but that Moroccan dish I referenced earlier came out really good and you can get it on the website. You can find it under recipies by ingredient: garam masala. I realized when I made it that you really need what I think is a LOT of spice to get a decent taste in that type of dish.

Everyone is doing so well...keep up the good work

Last edited by Exhale15; 04-21-2012 at 04:10 PM.
Exhale15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:55 PM   #138  

Happy Saturday!

Wow, you ladies have been chatty.

novangel, try not to beat yourself up over the food. I seriously doubt you messed up your hard work, but you may have bloat from the sodium. You probably can't help it during tom, but try to get as back on track as you can. I would add in extra water.

ak812, your bf is the best! I was thinking the same thing for you to do. For cardio only workouts I most definitely will do another move if I'm having trouble until they move on. I remember doing Cathe Friedrich's basic step workout. I was doing a move "my way" for a while. I don't know how it happened, but I realized I was doing it wrong the whole time. I really did have a good laugh to myself over it. So sorry you are having hormonal issues, but my weight is different at home then at the doctor's office. I don't put too much stock in it. I do tell them what I weigh at home just for my own peace of mind.

angelsmom, yeah for the inch lost!

I went to the wholestore place to pick up a bulk box of tilapia and more So Delicious Coconut Milk bars from whole foods and I am good on those items for a while. It's almost 6pm and I plan to do the first workout from les mills body pump. I just ate so I have to wait a couple of hours.

I was watching freezerburnsdotcom on youtube and the host posted a story about this guy who ordered 1,000 extra strips of bacon on his cheeseburger. Another story was a mug made out of bacon and filled with melted cheese. The first bacon thing is just gross. The second is creative, but still gross too. Give it a look.
PhillyGirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:13 AM   #139  
Warrior Princess

Well...it's Sunday which means back to Jillian tonight.

I have to keep reminding myself that I have only been at this since the end of February and didn't really get going until March. So 2 months. It feel like it's been 6 months. I am starting to lose patience. I just want want my goal completed, and love handles to be completely gone already so I can just worry about maintenence.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:20 AM   #140  
Warrior Princess

Philly, I don't get the bacon obsession. I mean it's good and all but I can only stand about 3-4 slices max before I feel sick. I don't eat it often.

My obsession is Mexican, BBQ anything, and red meat. I could eat that everyday. I don't care about chocolate, sugar, or junk. I was never a binge eater, just an average over eater but didn't have a weight problem until after pregnancy. Damn kids.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:44 AM   #141  

exhale- glad your having a good day
Philly - thanks! I think I will never eat a cheeseburger again

L2D17 done, 13 days left
I decided I'll be doing JM body revolution after this but, I'll be doing 2 weeks from each phase since I'll only have 6 weeks before I travel. I think I'll still see results, we'll see.
Have a nice day or night
Old 04-22-2012, 11:49 AM   #142  

Novangel- I know how you feel, it feels like a year for me even though I started my weight loss journey at the beginning of march! Dont give up we will get there.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:09 PM   #143  
Just watch me ...

Hi guys. It's cold and rainy here today. I woke up feeling completely worked out from yesterday's class, but strangely enough I wanted to 'stir the pot' again and went to the gym (last month of commitment) and did heavy legs (leg presses and extensions) with a really quick walk/jog until I had jelly legs then stretched for about a half hour. It felt really good.

Angelsmom & Novangel keep up the good work. I know it seems as though we should get to where we want to be by now, but we are always going to be striving in this health/weight department; either to lose, or to maintain - once we're where we want to be. Then there's always going to be a little something to tweak ! So it's like every day is maintenance in the sense that we're staying on track (or trying to).

KEEP IT UP..........
Old 04-22-2012, 04:32 PM   #144  

The rain here is putting me to sleep. I'm such a baby with the rain. But, I did my first body pump from Les Mills Body Pump by beachbody today. It was interesting because I never used a barbell before. I like weights much better than crazy cardio/strength moves so this may suit me better. On myfitnesspal I reached out to a member who is in a small class on that site that lift heavy weight with very little cardio. She lost quite a bit of weight since January. Not to say I'm following, but I always knew that weight work should be a main consideration when trying to lose fat.

I'm exploring comcast on demand exercise tv right now. Before body pump I did the 1-mile walk which was awesome. I am pleasantly surprised and works me out much better than Leslie's workouts. She incorporates lots of upper body and not the usual 4 leg moves that Leslie does. I found them worthy enough for taping.

If anyone else has Comcast I recommend checking out the exercise channel.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:31 PM   #145  
Just watch me ...

Hey Philly, glad you enjoyed your work-out today. When I was on my way to the gym, I was thinking of what I would do and the thought of the elliptical made me want to go back home....so I told myself that I wouldn't act on any pre-conceived notion of what I should do. I got in a good workout that I enjoyed and I pushed myself and I'm feeling good about it now and actually looking forward to balancing it out with something move 'moving around' tomorrow - maybe one of Leslie's walks.

I think it's going to be a cool and rainy week...
Old 04-22-2012, 07:46 PM   #146  

I knowwww.....I saw the weather.com forecast....ughh! I'm not looking forward to it.

Have you ever used voice guided workouts like cardio coach or itrain? There are others out there, but I refer to these because I've used them. They really push you in using cardio equipment. I REALLY recommend voice guided programs to give a fresh outlook into gym/home equipment workouts.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:08 PM   #147  
Warrior Princess

I never thought about Comcast On Demand! Good call, Philly!

I'm gonna take it easy tonight...not feeling up to much I am cramping pretty bad. Sorry TMI.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:55 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 200/200/135

Height: 5'6"

Even though the weekend has come to an end, I'm looking forward to the healthy, active & productive week ahead with all of you!

novangel - I'm right there with you! TOM has arrived (4 days EARLY at that, blech) and I am crampy, nauseous & miserable. Rest up, take some Advil & start feeling better soon. Also, don't get discouraged about not getting to that goal fast enough - you are on SUCH a good track and I am very proud of you. Remember that a few indulgences will not ruin 2 months of good hard work, which you have surely been doing. Once TOM has eased up just get right back to it! I'm here for you.

PhillyGirl - Comcast On Demand is amazing! Between that and all of the free stuff online I don't know if I will even have to buy any workout DVDs. Maybe eventually I'll purchase a Jillian Michaels but On Demand has got some of everything & I'm content with it right now. Have you tried out any of the walking workouts? I'm in love with Kendra Kemerley's 3-mile one right now. I've only tried that and the weight-loss Pilates but think I will stick with those (maybe add in some yoga) until they get replaced. What have you discovered On Demand so far? Also, those bacon stories were priceless! A mug made of bacon? Creative, I'll say that much. Good luck with the body pump workout, looking forward to hearing how it goes for you. And try not to let the weather get you down too much, summer is right around the corner!

Exhale - Glad you were able to enjoy your time at the gym - actually enjoying exercise is always a nice surprise to me. Sounds like you had a GREAT exercise day today - very inspiring!

Angelsmom - Thank you for the support, it really means a lot to me & helps me keep going on days I just think I will never reach my goal. Congrats on the inch lost, you are one step closer to where you want to be! And look at you almost done with 30 day shred! Best of luck with Body Revolution, I know you'll rock it.

It's been a decently active weekend on my end! Both yesterday and today my bf and I went for a 90 minute walk to and from some botanical gardens near our apartment, and I did the 3 mile walking workout On Demand. I've decided that on the weekdays I will not 'eat back' the calories I gain from exercise but I will on the weekends, as a kind of flexibility in my plan. This way it's not like I'm 'indulging,' I'm just eating what I've earned.

Also went grocery shopping today and restocked on healthy ingredients for the week's meals - starting tomorrow with shrimp scampi and roasted asparagus!

Wishing you all a wonderful start to the week.
ak812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:33 AM   #149  

Ak- good job on getting a workout in the weekends, it's a little hard for me since my kids and husband are home eating the calories you lose during a weekend is actually a good idea, that way it will be easier for you to stay OP

L2D18 done!

Keep up the good work ladies
Old 04-23-2012, 09:40 AM   #150  
Warrior Princess

Thanks AK I'm here for you too!!

Holy crapoli ladies, I got up this morning and I am literally swimming in my work scrub pants!!! I have no idea how that happened considering I am right in the middle of TOM but I can't wait to check the scale in a few days!

I'm off to profess my love to Jillian on Facebook.

Have a great Monday, everyone.