Old 04-13-2010, 01:17 PM   #151  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

April Weight Loss Challenge Goal List
If there are any mistakes or updates, please let me know!
Red=Goal Met!

Ms_Perception: Weigh under 135, Track my food, Take multivitamin 75%+ of the days
Rashomon: Onederland
Avezy44: Lose 10 lbs
Airlyeth: Get under 210 lbs, Eat 5 fruits or veggies/day
NightAngel26: Reach 215 lbs
FifdyCynt: Track food in a food journal, Lose 10 lbs
Aspiring: Reach 145 lbs
mystical: Get under 210 lbs
knobhdy: Lose 4 lbs, 15% Lost, Eat 4 fruits or veggies/day
BrittanieYork: Reach 195 lbs
SugarRox: Reach 150's, Post weekly for accountability
bama girl: Get out of the 140's, drink 64 oz water daily
Liverpool Sue: Lose 10lbs
onestar: Lose 12 lbs, try one new recipe
mmiller2829: Reach 220 lbs, Only weigh on Thursdays
shasha17a: Reach 235 lbs, Only eat at restaurants for dinner on Saturdays
SlimBy2011: Reach 165 lbs
Taurie: Reach 114 lbs
eclipse: Reach 232 lbs/BMI under 40/No longer obese
CardboardCutoutCat: Lose 8 lbs
Dixiemae: Lose 3 lbs/Reach 150 lbs
aluxa: Lose 7.2 lbs/Reach 169 lbs
nellonello: Reach 190 lbs
NightAngel26: Lose 12 lbs
Asherdoodles87: Lose 8 lbs
secoleman: Lose 6 lbs
Redheadedbrat: Lose weight
dancerindenver: Reach 164 lbs
Cheryl E: Reach 160 lbs
mytime2Bsuccessful: Lose 10 lbs, Keep food log
VickieLou: Get out of the 230's
LouisaH: Lose 10 lbs/Reach 177 lbs
ohiofreespirit: Lose 10 lbs, Track food
Califiona: No binges (Lose 8 lbs)
motivated chickie: Lose 7-8 lbs, Get in the best physical condition possible
susiemartin: Reach 248 lbs
sznn: Lose 5 lbs
Emilia LaCasuela: Lose 10 lbs by college graduation
tamaraj: Onederland, Try at least 1 new veggie
dangerouscurves76: Take a multivitamin, Journal food intake, Reach goal weight of 130 lbs
jewels05: Reach 140 lbs, Take a multivitamin everyday
juliastl27: Reach 145 lbs/Lose 3.5 lbs
Tummy Girl: Maintain
beaka: Reach 192 lbs
AmyLynn76: Take a multivitamin, Get under 200 lbs, Stay Motivated!
rea: Eat healthy and sane, Visit forums for support
luciddepths:Reach (at least) 205 lbs, Keep calorie counting incorporating more protein, Still follow serving sizes by LA Weightloss
Krista: Reach 221 lbs

Last edited by Ms Perception; 04-14-2010 at 09:25 AM.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:40 PM   #152  
Back at it...again!

Good afternoon everyone!

LouisaH-Thanks so much for that website! I found several farms near me that are in CSA's and/or sell their natural produce/farm raised animals. SO cool! I had no idea there would be so many near here.

Rea-Welcome!! Glad to have ya here with us. This is a great way to stay accountable and get support when you feel like eating or have just had an eating disaster that you want to confess so you can move on with healthier choices. Let's do this together!

luciddepths-Welcome to you as well!! Sounds like you have some well-thought out goals. Here's to reaching them!

Liverpool Sue-Kudos to you for maintaining while eating out with DH! Keep it up!!

SugarRox-Your knee pain is almost certainly from doing too much too soon. It's always best to ease into running. That's why training programs like C25K and such are so great. They take you at a reasonable pace so you don't risk injury nearly as much and your body can gradually adjust to the new activity. That's awesome that you've made such progress, but it may be wise to pull back just a bit and use caution in building up your running time. Ice is a good reliever for the pain. I also use BioFreeze which helps soothe sore muscle when I do a long run. You're DEFINTELY NOT too heavy to be running! I was running at heavier weights and I know many others have as well. I don't think the dog should be much of an issue either. Just take it easy and enjoy your running...it's such fun!

As for me, there was no change on the scale today which was surprising and a little disappointing in that I was hoping to get down enough to get back to WW tonight, but I guess that'll wait 'til next week. I'll just continue having OP days with food and exercise and the weight will drop. I may have to jump up to the higher calories sooner than planned if things don't conintue moving downward. At least on my running days, I think 1200 is too low, so we'll see and adjust accordingly. I was really feeling like I should add strength training back into my routine but as I was reading this morning, the marathon training book said not to while in the midst of marathon training. It's too much for your body while building up miles. So, I guess I may do some light lifting here and there, but won't add it in regularly until the fall. I'm glad I read that before doing it or I may have risked injury, not that I'm immune now, but I want to give this thing my best shot. So, I'm feeling really good about the schedule I'm on right now. I missed swimming last week due to a schedule conflict, but I'll be right back at it this week! I got in my first bike ride of the year last week and I plan to do a little later this week to just get back into the swing of it. It's my least favorite part of the triathlon to train for! Ah well, it's all good. I can tell I've lost some riding strength since the fall and it's time to recover some of that and work those muscles once again.

Last edited by Ms Perception; 04-13-2010 at 01:43 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:46 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 198.6/148/120

I’m happy today because yesterday I just arrived from a short trip to Niagara Falls, and although I did not eat uncontrollable, I should confess that I indulged myself eating out of plan. However, this morning I found out that my weight have not changed since last Friday something really hard to believe but I’m happy for that lol.
aluxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:01 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Hi Everyone~Today is/was weigh in day. Im so put out!!!! Scale goddess is going to hear from me!!!!!!!! 156.4. I gained 2.4 pounds. Im having a tantrum.

I planned out my trail last night. I parked the car at Davis Ferry. Was going to walk back to the point we stopped Sunday. Two trails didn't want to chance getting lost. So I headed to the golf course. The trail follows the river to the golf course. It was a BEAUTIFUL walk!!!!! Wildflowers, birds, ducks, and squirrels. There is a wild life island but cant get to it from the path. I love nature trails this is the one for me. I walked 8.8 miles. Quit because I was getting a blister on my heel. A band aid or 2 I will be back at it Thursday. I have a few more dots to connect :-)))))
Dixiemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:47 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

howdy, girls! I've been out of touch for a few days - we were away for the weekend in Boulder doing some hiking (and, okay, a little more eating than I should have) and things have been nuts at work. I was mysteriously up three pounds yesterday but today am back - must have been water weight, but boy was it depressing.

tummy - glad you had fun on vacation!

msp - I'm so impressed by your ability to stay POP - you are a rock star!

eclipse - how are you doing? Sounds like some hard times - hope you're feeling better!

Hope you all are doing well...
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 04:07 PM   #156  
Sarah

S/C/G: 193/184.5/147

Height: 5'7

174 down to 172

4 lbs to go
CardboardCutoutCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 05:47 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'0"

Glad to see everyone doing well. Things are getting better here. I made it to the gym again YEAH! Finally feeling better. My youngest son and me have started going to the gym before he goes to school at 12 and getting in our cardio and then after dinner in the evenings the entire family goes to the gym and we do our strength training then.. Feels so good to be getting on a schedule once and for all.. Thanks for all the encouragement it really does help. I will be back in the morning
mystical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:15 PM   #158  
Back at it...again!

Pat-That sounds like a wonderful way to get some miles in! I love a good nature hike! I wouldn't worry about the scale too much if you know you've been doing all the right things. It never hurts to take stock and make sure you haven't made any negative changes, but otherwise keep pluggin'!

aluxa-Excellent maintaining! That's a huge accomplishment.

CardboardCutoutCat-YAY on the 2 lbs!

mystical-I'm so glad to hear your feeling good about the schedule you've been able to develop...that's like half the battle most of the time. It's also great you're doing it with your family! You guys sound like you could be a family from The Biggest Loser or something. I'm impressed. I hope when my kids are older they want to workout with me.

dancerindenver-Glad the weight came right back off for you! Sounds like a fun weekend away. It's normal to indulge a little while away, but it must not have been too bad if it came off so quickly. As far as me being POP, it's a journey. I was so, so bad earlier this year at being consistant with food that I needed this kick start to get my groove back. I feel WAY better now, but there'll come a day when I eat stupid again. I'm just holding it off for as long as possible! LOL

Last edited by Ms Perception; 04-13-2010 at 09:18 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:34 PM   #159  
Believe...

S/C/G: 245/ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Hi Chickies!
Love to join your challenge. Started this month on 4/6 at 225.5 made a goal for 221 also trying to work out at least 20 min 3 times a week I finally opened my turbo jam dvds! I weigh in on Tuesdays...it was 225.1 Not much but at least it went down instead of up for the first week....and don't forget those chocolate bunnies were still hopping around!
Krista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 11:11 PM   #160  
yes girl

S/C/G: 201.4/179.8/130

Height: 5'0"

Arrow

krista- i LOVE your avatar pic! cute! welcome.....

dancer- i've been dying to try hiking but not sure where in houston i can find hiking trails..i need to investigate more lol

msp: thanks for keeping up with the goal list... hopefully by this weekend you'll be able to mark one in red for me (i'm planning on trying out a new recipe)

so, i've finally figured out how my body works in regards to weight loss... i've been at this for a little over a year and just figuring it out crazy i know... so whats been happening is that i'll exercise for about 3 days and wont see a loss but then i take 1-2 rest days in a row and thats when i see a loss.. on rest days. is it like this for anyone else also?
onestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:18 AM   #161  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Today the scale goddess was nicer. I lost a pound 155.6 this morning. Need to loose 2 more to be where I was before things got crazy. I'm going to weigh every morning to make sure I'm on track. Can't do it once a week and be accountable. So that said I need a walking route for the day. I will study the map and make a plan. Then do it when I take GDaughter to school.
_

Last edited by Dixiemae; 04-14-2010 at 08:19 AM.
Dixiemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:28 AM   #162  

onestar - That's an interesting pattern you're noticing. I think for me (and maybe for you?) my muscles retain some water after serious exercise which tends to mask any weight loss during the day or two after the workout/hike/whatever. Then when the water comes off, the losses show and it makes sense that you'd lose the retained water on a rest day I think. I'm not saying I've seen this all along but it's definitely something that's happened to me sometimes. As long as your overall trend is downward, it's all good, right?

dixiemae - glad the scale was back on your side!

I'm down a pound today and am going to claim it as I've given up on official weigh-in days apparently.

Hoping everyone has a skinny day!
Old 04-14-2010, 09:50 AM   #163  
Back at it...again!

Krista-Howdy! Welcome to our little corner of 3FC! I've added you to the goal list and we look forward to knowing you more.

onestar-Yep! I typically lose more after my rest days. It was actually discouraging at times in the past because if I blew off exercise, I would lose weight faster than when I was really gung-ho for exercise. Of course that's because you're building muscle with exercise. Point is: you're not alone in that trend of weight loss.

Pat-Nothing beats that daily accountability with the scale (for me anyway). I wonder if someday I'll be able to weigh less often, but for now that's a LONG way off. I still need that daily reminder of how my food intake translates on the scale. Good job getting rid of one of the bonus pounds. Here's to losing the other 2!!

dancerindenver-Yay on the pound off! Yeah, I'm not good with official weigh-in days. I like to claim my loss immediately and I'm not patient or reliable enough to stay on track if I don't have the daily scale accountability.

Well, my awesome news for the day is: I made my weight goal for the month!! The scale finally reflected the clean eating and consistant exercise from the last several days and it read 134.4 this morning. I'm SO extrememly excited to finally be back under 135 and be moving closer and closer to my final goal (again)!! This time I'd like to make it stick.
Oh and I found a new yummy drink for myself when I need a sweet treat. I'm getting into drinking tea more now (I don't drink coffee) and I found that if I steep some chai tea in a big cup and add a teaspoon (or less..I often use just 1/2 teaspoon) of sugar and a couple tablespoons of milk in it, it's a creamy delicious way to indulge practically guilt free (maybe 30 cals). Just thought I'd share. I know hot tea doesn't jive with the coming hot weather, but I'm one of those people who is frequently cold unless it's over 70 degrees or I've been exercising for a while, so it's great at night when the temps drop down. Have a healthy day!

Last edited by Ms Perception; 04-14-2010 at 09:54 AM.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:22 AM   #164  

S/C/G: 198.6/148/120

Msp: Thanks and for achieving your goal!!!

Dixiemae: for you pound. I’m using the scale almost every day, but I will try to weigh only twice a day. Friday was my weigh day but that changed on last weeks.

Dancer: for your pound!

We are in the middle of the month and I’m just in the middle of my goal too, but I feel more encouraged now than in the last two weeks so I’m positive and think that I may be at goal by the end of the month. Thanks to all of you for your inspiration and support
SW: 176.2
CW: 172.6 (3.6 to go)
GW: 169 (overweight BMI/No longer obese)
WL: 3.6
aluxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:08 PM   #165  

msp - Congratulations on reaching your goal - woohoo!

aluxa - you are making great progress - are you seeing a lot of difference in how your clothes fit? I bet it's fun!