Old 04-08-2010, 10:58 AM   #106  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

Weigh in tomorrow & I'm so nervous, but I have had a really good week. Yesterday, I went for a run and then I took the clutter off my Bowflex and actually used it. It was actually fun to use. That will make my friend happy who gave it to me and has been encouraging me to try it.

Last edited by motivated chickie; 04-08-2010 at 10:58 AM. Reason: typo
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:05 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 198.6/148/120

Height: 5'3"

LuisaH: How was the Farm market?

MsP: I think that I have controlled my behavior with food; however, I noticed that I’m not behaving as well as in previous weeks. This weekend I will have a mini trip and I will try to make the best decisions, but next Monday will be my day 1 because I need to re motivate myself. Psss: my goal for this month is to weight 169. There is no way to lose more than 6 pounds for me this month.

Motivated chickie: for the bowflex.
aluxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 01:15 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Wow - I missed a couple of days and am WAAAAY behind! You gals have been busy!

Day four of my attempt at 5 days of POP - I had a few questionable moments in there but I'm going to call it close enough so far. Eating today: B: lf yogurt, blackberries, grape-nuts. Plan for lunch: Chicken, veggies, quinoa. Plan for dinner: Tillapia, brown rice, salad. Strawberries for snack.

Aluxa - where are you headed this weekend?

motivated - good for you on the bowflex! I've been meaning to add some basic weights to my running routine and never seem to get around to it. You've got me inspired and I'll give it a shot today.

onestar - woohoo for movement on the scale! Did you give the dailyplate a shot? I love that site - very helpful in food tracking.

rashomon - congrats on on a whoosh week and love the new avatar - too funny!

louisa- don't you just hate it when a good post disappears on you? Bummer! But congrats on your losses - great job!

knobhdy - congrats on 15% - you rock!

I'm going to try to fit in a run at lunch. Anyone else logging some miles today?
Hope you all are doing well.
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 01:20 PM   #109  
Jeri

S/C/G: 286/142.6/150/new goal 140

Height: 5-4

Good morning. The scale is essentially the same today as yesterday (.2 up), which is good, because I know the under 236 number I got yesterday wasn't a fluke. I started taking my pain meds again today, so I'll see if the number goes up tomorrow. I'm going to be taking half of what I was taking before (morning dose only, because I also take a muscle relaxer in the evening and I think that's enough), so hopefully, the retention won't be as bad. And, hopefully it won't bother my stomach as much if I'm only taking it once a day. I'll increase if I have to to keep the pain at bay, but I'd rather not, if I can help it.

I have bruises on one of my hips/butt cheeks from PT the other day. He was leaning with all his weight on his elbow at different points trying to release the tension there and get at my sciatic nerve. It hurt like ****, but I'm hoping over the next few days it gets better. I skipped my PT excercises yesterday, but I'm going to see if my son can pump up my stability ball (can't do it myself with my back the way it is) and start doing a few things on it. Even just sitting on it will help - it's the only thing that helped when I had back labor with my daughter, so I'm thinking it will help now, too.
eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 01:49 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/140

Height: 5'4

Good Afternoon Ladies!!!

So, I weighed in on Monday at 163, I weighed myself this morning and Im at 169!!! Are you serious??? TOM is visiting so hopefully I will have a decent drop next Monday ( Monday is my official weigh in day). Ive been OP all week, but Ive definetly been slacking on the exercising. I will step it up.

Dancerindenver: How often and how far do you run? Running seems to be the only thing that gets the scale moving for me. Im not able to run non stop yet, but Im getting there.
SugarRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 01:59 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 198.6/148/120

Dancer: I'm going to Niagara falls
aluxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:16 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

So yesterday's WI at HM made me feel crappy. On Monday I was at 206 and then yesterday 206.8! Stupid scale! LOL Started TOM yesterday and so I know that has something to do with it...but still a bit of a let down.

Big bonus though...down 8.5" this week! Holy smokes! So in total I'm down 13.2lbs (if I use Monday's WI) and 19.75". I knew the inches were coming off because I'm fitting into clothes that haven't fit for about 2 years (when I lost for my wedding).

Either way I'm anxious for next week's WI and measure since I'll be done TOM and not retaining water like I'm sure I am now. Also, haven't gone to the "bathroom" in a few days which is very unusual for me...especially during TOM. Hmmm... I track my foods at Livestrong so I know my fibre intake is good 25-30g/day. Will watch the next couple of days and hope for the best, otherwise may have to take something to help out.

Hope everyone is having a good Thursday and remember less than 36 hours from now the weekend starts!

Tamara
tamaraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:26 PM   #113  
Never ending story

S/C/G: 213/160/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Howdy all,

The farmers' market yesterday was great in terms of seeing lots of farmers I haven't for a while, but there wasn't much in terms of greens to buy--mostly just plants for the home gardeners, along with all the other non-produce farms and such. I bought a hunk of the most delectable, phenomenal local goat milk cheese (Baetje St. Genevieve). Diet food, it ain't, but I'm not dieting, I'm counting calories, and I enjoyed every gooey, delicious bite.

Today was a fantastic day of visiting farms and meeting a number of our CSA farmers, including some Amish, who are awesome. It was an animal sort of day: pigs, goats, chickens, lambs, horses, dogs, cats, children, baby plants, etc. We drove over 200 miles and visited 7 farms. We had 10 on the agenda but ran out of time. I smell like baby pigs and need a bath, but it was a great field trip, and once again give me great appreciation for our farmers and food producers. I'll be posting some pics and writing more on my blog. Farmers are rock stars.

I'm up .2 today, but not surprised because of TOM arriving last night. Tomorrow is the Bagna Cauda event that is going to bring me down, but I'm feeling surprisingly optimistic for some reason. Just had a great day, I guess.
LouisaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:47 PM   #114  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

motivated chickie-Good job digging out the bowflex! I hope you find more use for it now that it's out for you.

aluxa-I see the mistake. Sorry...it's corrected!

dancerindenver-I put in 3 miles today. I wasn't sure it was gonna work since I was on my feet for several hours with no opportunity to sit last night, so my feet were toast, but they were fine when I woke up, so I'm very thankful!

eclipse-Did you get your exercise ball inflated? Mine has also been deflated since our move. I should really find the pump and use it again!

SugarRox-TOM can mess with people's weight, so recheck in a couple days and you'll probably be back to "normal". Otherwise, getting back to the exercise will definitely help. Good job started on running. I did the C25K last spring and I'm still running regularly, so it's great to start slow and work your way up to more.

tamaraj-Those are excellent numbers! Especially those inches gone. WOW! Good luck on the digestive issues. When I feel blocked up, I take some additional fiber to make sure things get moving again.

LouisaH-That sounds so great getting around to all your CSA people and checking in. I wish we had something like that around here. Maybe we do and I just don't know about it. For now, I'll get to the Farmer's Markets and we're trying to find a good local farmer to buy beef from in the fall. I'm still new to the area, so it'll take time to connect with those people.

Yesterday went well. I ate OP despite my lovely mother bringing oreos and corn chips asd part of our supper last night. I stuck with my turkey sandwich and carrot sticks. THAT is a miracle of sorts. Oreos were a tremedous weakness of mine once upon a time. I'm also pretty fond of corn chips, when I'm in the right mood, but I just told myself it's time to say no and see some real progress. After a late night and being a little dehydrated most of the evening, I weighed a itsy bitsy .2 down from yesterday, but I know it's due to improper sleep and not enough water, as I said. Tomorrow should be better. I hope to see 135.somthing or maybe lower! Gotta get to bed now so I don't have 2 late nights in a row!

Last edited by Ms Perception; 04-09-2010 at 12:02 AM.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 12:01 AM   #115  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

April Weight Loss Challenge Goal List
If there are any mistakes or updates, please let me know!
Red=Goal Met!

Ms_Perception: Weigh under 135, Track my food, Take multivitamin 75%+ of the days
Rashomon: Onederland
Avezy44: Lose 10 lbs
Airlyeth: Get under 210 lbs, Eat 5 fruits or veggies/day
NightAngel26: Reach 215 lbs
FifdyCynt: Track food in a food journal, Lose 10 lbs
Aspiring: Reach 145 lbs
mystical: Get under 210 lbs
knobhdy: Lose 4 lbs, 15% Lost, Eat 4 fruits or veggies/day
BrittanieYork: Reach 195 lbs
SugarRox: Reach 150's, Post weekly for accountability
bama girl: Get out of the 140's, drink 64 oz water daily
Liverpool Sue: Lose 10lbs
onestar: Lose 12 lbs, try one new recipe
mmiller2829: Reach 220 lbs, Only weigh on Thursdays
shasha17a: Reach 235 lbs, Only eat at restaurants for dinner on Saturdays
SlimBy2011: Reach 165 lbs
Taurie: Reach 114 lbs
eclipse: Reach 232 lbs/BMI under 40/No longer obese
CardboardCutoutCat: Lose 8 lbs
Dixiemae: Lose 3 lbs/Reach 150 lbs
aluxa: Lose 7.2 lbs/Reach 169 lbs
nellonello: Reach 190 lbs
NightAngel26: Lose 12 lbs
Asherdoodles87: Lose 8 lbs
secoleman: Lose 6 lbs
Redheadedbrat: Lose weight
dancerindenver: Reach 164 lbs
Cheryl E: Reach 160 lbs
mytime2Bsuccessful: Lose 10 lbs, Keep food log
VickieLou: Get out of the 230's
LouisaH: Lose 10 lbs/Reach 177 lbs
ohiofreespirit: Lose 10 lbs, Track food
Califiona: No binges (Lose 8 lbs)
motivated chickie: Lose 7-8 lbs, Get in the best physical condition possible
susiemartin: Reach 248 lbs
sznn: Lose 5 lbs
Emilia LaCasuela: Lose 10 lbs by college graduation
tamaraj: Onederland, Try at least 1 new veggie
dangerouscurves76: Take a multivitamin, Journal food intake, Reach goal weight of 130 lbs
jewels05: Reach 140 lbs, Take a multivitamin everyday
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 12:08 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'0"

ok ladies, I don't know where my head has been lately alot of stress and craziness around here. But I am doing my best to get myself back under control.. I have started the new gym but my eating has just been up and down lately I have gone from 215 to 217... I am going to start with a journal again tomorrow and I know that will start helping me again and I know I must plan ahead what have I been thinking ??? I feel so upset with myself sometimes it has been such a roller coaster I just want it to end.. I don't know why I keep turning to food for comfort. I have got to find some alternatives to this. Ok now that I have vented I am making a promise to not only you ladies but to myself to start posting more often because you all see to help me and keep me motivated when I am checking in more often... Than you all for letting me vent boy do I feel better... and guess what I just realized I was so stressed out right now and I didn't go and eat anything I guess that is a start.. Ok now I really have to go to bed and try to sleep... I'll check in with you all tomorrow
mystical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:15 AM   #117  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

sorry to be jumping in the game a little late here. im setting smaller goals because as i get closer to goal my weight loss is slowing a lot, but id like to hit my mini goal of 145 (3.5 lbs) by the end of april!!

Last edited by juliastl27; 04-09-2010 at 03:18 AM.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 05:30 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 129/see ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

Hey everyone. I'm just got back from a week in Italy. I exercised and kept my eye on portions, but still I'm up 7 lbs!

All those white carbs... my body hates them; I felt lethargic all week. I'm so happy to be able to eat clean again.

Now I have 10 lbs to lose by May 1st! Don't think it's going to happen, but I will get as close as possible.
Taurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:12 AM   #119  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default ...

Taurie- Hey, sorry about the up in weight, Italy must be nice, I imagine they don't tell you what's in everything though.... that probably makes it harder. Americans I think might be the most label obsessed, but I could be wrong.

juliastl27- I'm sure there's a place for you here, HI!!

mystical- yeah I bet it'll help checking in and writing things down.... good call that you recognized it!

Ms Perception- good job avoiding the munchies!! If it makes any difference thought wise, I've had a bag of corn chips in the cupboard for over a month, and when I opened them, they were all greasy, gross to the touch!! You avoided that mess!

LouisaH- being up .2 is not bad at all, esp with TOM...that gets me up to +5lbs some months!! Good job!

tamaraj- that's not a bad up on the scale...TOM is wicked!

SugarRox- yeah TOM does that, sometimes beforehand too! Looks like a lot of people on here are battling it soon or right now!

eclipse- yeah using the ball sounds like a good move. Good luck, and hope you can get some relief!
NightAngel26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:19 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default so...

finally I'm seeing progress... down 2 lbs to 225, leaving me 10 lbs to goal this month. I might see 1 more lb if I work my butt off today....
NightAngel26 is offline   Reply With Quote