Old 10-21-2009, 08:50 PM   #421  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 226/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Hellooooo Chickies

Just checking in tonight as I will be at a conference alllll day tomorrow and won't have a chance to post until I come home, if at all.

The thread seems a bit light lately, are we losing steam or is everyone just super busy now that school is in full swing and the weather is cooling off?

fitgirlygirl Congrats on your year of being smoke-free. My year was in September and it's one of the best decisions I've ever made! Be sure to treat yourself to something nice, you totally deserve it! It's a huge accomplishment.

jellofer What a moment! Having your hard work confirmed and commented on by someone who means so much to you must be pretty thrilling! How did the weigh in go?

dcapulet It's good to see you again! Maaaan, I know what you mean about not getting your endorphin fix! I miss mine as well when I miss a work out!

butterflydiva So sorry to hear you had a cold but glad to hear you're feeling better! I'll send you some positive energy so you can lose those 3 lbs and make your goal!

helpmelose Kudos to you for being able to work while having a migraine! I would be pathetically in bed and asleep... those things just put me out!

jasonslea Gosh, it's great to see you! Congrats on doing so well under stress! You make things sound so exciting for you right now that I find myself excited too! Here's to a new chapter in your life... may it be the best one yet!!!

idream There you go making me crave some baked good again! Luckily my weekend is so busy I won't have time to do any baking! How's the painting??

MsP Again, congrats on the healthy BMI, that must feel sooooo good. I'm glad to hear your foot is feeling better, seems like it's been on the mend forever!

Tummy Look at you, laughing in the face of fearsome food! lol Honestly though, I know what you mean with the fear thing so I think it's great you're at that point! And if I even see 199.9 tomorrow I'm going to freak out, in fact, I got a little surge of adrenaline just typing that number! It's so close I can taste it (and now I think it tastes sweeter than the lettuce I originally thought it tasted like.... perhaps banana?).

So ladies, I have had 2 pretty great NSV's the past 2 days. Yesterday I was walking down the hallway at work and ran into 2 teachers I rarely see (they work on the other side of the building and it's like the great divide) and stopped to chat with them and they asked just how much I've lost. It's really the first time anyone at work has mentioned my weight loss. Then today I was wearing one of my new t-shirts which are a bit more fitting than I usually wear but I was wearing a jacket over it so no biggie... but I got a bit hot and so I took it off during class and 4 kids immediately said "have you lost weight?" and then went on and on about how skinny I'm looking.... which is awesome to hear!

Ok, gotta cut it short DH is demanding attention to look at maps and stuf ffor my drive tomorrow.
Shrinking Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:57 PM   #422  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

a very fast run by as i am putting of my genetics homework...

hi to all! an easy day, hopefully an easy night, and a great workout tomorrow
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:51 PM   #423  

S/C/G: 151/151/130... was 190's in 06

Height: 5'4"

Here is the pumpkin cookie recipe I found

Ingredients:
2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 1/3 cup Rolled Oats
1 tsp. Baking Soda
3/4 tsp. Salt
1 1/2 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 2/3 cup Sugar
2/3 cup Canola Oil
2 Tbs. Maple Syrup
1 cup Canned pumpkin
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 cup Add-ins of Your Choice

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
Place tablespoons of dough on cookie sheet prepared with nonstick spray.
Bake for 16 minutes. Cool and Enjoy! (Makes 30 cookies)

Sounds yummy huh?
helpmelose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:40 AM   #424  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning ladies!!!

MsP~ My oh my if it isn't Miss Healthy BMI!!! Congrats hun!!! That's so fanfreakin'tastic!!! Good luck with the basement planning! I wish our basement was finished--we plan on working on that this Winter actually, but it'll never be as homey feeling as upstairs, it's got a weird layout. Glad to hear your foot seems to be on the mend, do keep taking it easy if need be though. I'll post that recipe for the pumpkin carrot cakes later so you can give it a go--be warned though, as low cal/fat as they are, they're still dangerous!

Roxy~ thanks for the info on the liter box! Last thing I want is a kitty afraid of it's box! The sifter one sounds much better than the traditional type. Tell your hubby he's Superman as far as I'm concerned! 10mph is FAST!!! And speaking of Super--Congrats on your Anniversary of being smoke free!!! I know how hard it is to quit and you've done an amazing thing for yourself!! I've never heard of that pasta--I definitely want to check that out!! Hmm...chocolate flavored pasta huh? What will they think of next?

Giv~ sorry to hear your son was still feeling icky yesterday. Mine came home crying saying his stomach hurt. I gave him a children's TUMS and that seemed to do the trick--not sure what was bugging him though. I hear ya on the dirty walls! We've only managed to paint the living room and kitchen so far since we've moved here and let me tell ya, the rest of the house is in dire need! Every room, including the bathrooms are in flat paint! Kids + flat paint = UGH!!! I'm hoping to get some more rooms painted this Winter. So neat that your oldest will be working out with you! Oh, and yup! My nose is always running when I run! If you look at my 5K pic you'll see I'm holding tissue in my hand!

LaurenA~ It's never too late! And we'll be starting another month here soon enough so !! Jump right in and good luck on your goals!

shasha~ thanks, after all this time counting calories and busting my butt, I sometimes forget that my body is changing and so there are going to be times when I actually need to eat more to compensate. Maybe one day I'll get it. Bummer about the chiro. It's a mixed bag when it comes to them isn't it? I've heard horror stories and then I've heard rave reviews. I think it just comes down to finding a respectable chiro who's not out to make a quick buck ya know? Hurray on the nice hot breakfast yesterday! Totally beats a cold one!!

Nella~ Yeah, well...still no TOM. ??? I'm not usually hungry pre-TOM, more so during so who knows what's going on. My mom is probably right, it's probably perimenopause! Being a girl is fun stuff!

Jellofer
~ hey girlie! Woo hoo! Look at all those NSVs!!! That's so awesome you were able to pick up with C25K!! And don't you love it when other people start to notice your efforts! Sounds like your hubby is doing a great job of noticing!! Hubba, hubba!!

dcapulet~ you're rockin' the daily posts hun!! Sorry to hear you're feeling depressed! How's the SAD? Do I need to it's sorry arse for ya? I've been in a funk lately too and I'm thinking it has to do with the wacky weather. It got super cold (for me anyway, nothing like our girls up North have ) fast and Fall got kind of skipped over and it's been rainy and cloudy and blech. But, we got in 2 solid days of sun and warmer temps and I feel a tiny bit better--just in time for the rain to start again today! Anyway, hope the exercise last night helped lift your spirits hun! Hope to see you again today!

ButterflyDiva~ sorry to hear about your cold! Great job on keeping up the exercise though and congrats on the loss!!

helpmelose
~ wow, you sound like you have a hectic schedule for sure! As for adding extra food so you don't feel hungry--make sure you're eating protein with every meal. Protein will help you to feel full longer. Also, avoid empty carbs, eat whole grain carbs and don't forget that you can pretty much eat all the veggies you want--just don't go adding a ton of butter or sauce to them. I usually fill 2/3's of my plate with veggies (my mom is probably laughing her butt off seeing as how I used to hate veggies ), have serving of protein and a serving of carbs (usually potato, sweet potato or whole grain pasta). Thanks for sharing the recipe for the cookies! Mmm...dang cookies, they are the so healthy ones are always a good thing!

ShrinkingAmy~ Hahaha Man alive, that's going to be some 'workout'! Hee hee, it's wonderful your hubby is so supportive.

Shari
~ nice to see you hun!! You sound like you're doing well, busy, but good! It's nice to see you so happy sounding and optimistic!! Keep up the fantastic work and don't forget to take a little down time so you don't get crazy overwhelmed k?

SG
~ Well?? WELL??? Are you in Onederland today? Are ya? Are ya? Are ya?!?! I'm going bananas for ya hun!!! Congrats on the NSVs! About dang time someone from work mentioned it! And how sweet of your students! Don't be surprised if you start hearing the boys singin' Hot for Teacher!!

Tummy
~ maybe you're right about TOM, I'll tell ya, he's not missed at all! I want to go shopping with you! You always seem to have so much fun! I just don't have the same feelings about grocery shopping! You're going to have to give us a review on your cookbooks--ya know, for the fellow cookbook junkies in the group. Congrats on your new low!!! You're seriously blazing through the 150's!!!

Taurie~ ooooh, spinning is crazy so I'm positive you just needed more cals! Seriously, that stuff is insane!! Bravo to you for doing it--it's too tough for me for sure!

Well ladies, as you see I never made it back yesterday! Not sure what's going on with me the last few days--hours just seem to be blazing by! I met lots of new ladies yesterday at the meet up so that was fun.

I got up early this morning with the intention of doing my Yoga before the kids woke up, but I was so tired from the girls doing their million night wakings that I couldn't do it. then I realized I was crazy hungry so I decided to hold off and eat first. Then I came here while I was eating and figured I should catch up while everyone was still asleep and well...that's been my morning.

Holding steady at 133.6--is this my Happy Place? It's strange...I still want the scale to go down even though I'm already at goal--old habits maybe or is it a secret desire to get to the 120's? Something I really can't imagine being able to do or maintain. I dunno.

Anyway, day 3 of painting today and it's going to be a short one as the rain is moving in this afternoon. I'm hoping that he gets at least one coat on all the trim so that our house doesn't look too wonky from the street. Bless him, it's chilly out there and he's such a hard workin' guy!!

The boys are on break for the next 2 days so I'm hoping to enlist their help in the basement. I haven't done a darn thing since Monday and I need to get on it!

Lastly, hubby informed me last night that we have a date on Saturday! Yay! We really need it. I've been a grumpy frump and he's been swamped at work and tired--so we haven't had much 'Us' time, something we really need to work on.

Okay, well, enough from me. Hope everyone has a fantastic day!!! Remember to smile and don't forget to...

Drink Your Water!!!

P.S. I'll be back later to post the pumpkin carrot cake recipe!!!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 10:04 AM   #425  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Sandye_So great that DH planned a date for you guys! That'll be so nice. I hear ya on the weather messing with your mood. I guess I don't always realize it at the time, but I'm a sunshine person. So, the rainy/cloudy days wear on me after awhile. I normally LOVE rain/snow, but after 3-4 days, I'm over it and just want to see the sun! Speaking of baking recipes, I found a few yummy ones I'm gonna try out. If they're any good, I'll pass them along. All are lower fat/cals (some more than others) and sound delicious. So, still wrapping your head around maintaining, huh? I'm sure it's weird to WANT the scale to stay the same instead of drop. Thanks for braving the maintenance waters first so I know what I'm gonna be up against! You're my hero!!

SG-Thanks so much for the congrats and right back at ya! It must've felt great to hear the students and other faculty's sweet comments on your "shrinking"! You are always an inspiration here, but now at work aswell as others see what you've accomplished on the health front. So cool! Hope you get to see onderland ASAP! You deserve it.

The weight has leveled off leaving me that same as yesterday, which okey-dokey with me. I'm feeling good about the last week or so of slow and steady loss, so I'm confident the rest of the month will turn out right. Tonight we are eating out since we have a crazy schedule away from home all evening, so I've already pre-planned what we're ordering and where we're ordering from and all that jazz so it'll fit my cals. I'm being as pro-active as possible and it should help. Now, to just not "help" the kids with any of their food...LOL!

Last edited by Ms Perception; 10-22-2009 at 10:07 AM.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 10:55 AM   #426  

Height: 6'1

Good morning ladies. Just a little fly by for now. My boyfriend is back from his business trip so that means back to hitting the snooze button 10x and then trying to fit showers, pack lunches, etc in like 15 min, lol. So ever since Phase 1 ended on South Beach, I have been trying my best to follow Phase 2 diligently. I need to up the veggies and stay AWAY from the halloween candy from work. Ugh, while I love the holidays, its soooo hard for me to lose anything during this time of year with all the lingering sweets. My plan is that the 2 weeks before thanksgiving, I am going to redo Phase 1 to account for those few days where I am going to be eating a lot. My weight has been between 239-241 the past few days. I don't think I will hit 235 by halloween, but its ok because I still met my October goal of 240. I will be happy if I can get between 237-238.

Last edited by shasha17a; 10-22-2009 at 10:57 AM.
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 11:44 AM   #427  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Helpmelose - I have those morning sometimes. I cook some egg beaters the night before, they microwave just fine. I put them on some good whole grain bread with some low fat sandwich cheese. I wrap the sandwich in a paper towel before putting it in a ziploc then stick it in the fridge for the night - in the morning I just microwave it for about 15 seconds and I have a hot breakfast sandwich. The paper towel helps keep the bread from getting funky in the microwave. Do you have Kroger grocery stores there? The Kroger brand yogurts are great - they have one called carbmaster that is 80 calories, 4 carbs, 1.5g fat and totally delish, I really like the strawberry pomegranate. You could put a box of plastic spoons in your car and then you could easily add some yogurt to your on the go breakfast. Fruit is good too and if you are buying whole fresh fruit it mostly doesn’t need the fridge. You could leave a bag of fruits in the car, I’ve done that.

SG - well, a late congrats to you too. Hubby and I plan to celebrate it this weekend, not sure what we’re going to do though. Congrats on the compliments at work. Especially from the kids - I know that had to feel good.

Sandye - He grew up running the streets of Brooklyn, it made him fast I guess. The pasta is awesome. I love the cajun flavor too. The company also does some crackers that are supposed to be like cheez-its. I haven’t tried the crackers yet because you can’t just order a little bit, but now that I know they did good on the pasta I will try the crackers. I’ll be sending hopeful thoughts your way that he is able to get at least a coat on before the weather goes yuck. And what a sweet hubby deciding to take you on a date!

There are 4 grocery bags full of candy sitting on my hearth - agh! I’ve been ok for the first few days since I got it, but the baby ruths are calling to me. I can do this! I am feeling really down because I could not go do C25K last night. Yesterday was day 15 with TOM and it was the worst one yet. I managed to get in 35 minutes with the wii fit, but even that was hard. I really need to kick this TOM guy to the curb. I’m hoping I feel better enough by this evening that I can do my C25K tonight, then it will just have been moved, not skipped. So far I have not messed up any of my October goals, if I have to skip out on C25K that will be the first one, and that will suck. The joys of being a girl!
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 11:48 AM   #428  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitGirlyGirl View Post
Yesterday was day 15 with TOM and it was the worst one yet.
OMG!! This sounds like pure ****!!! 15 days!!! I will never complain about my TOM again (well, I'll try not to).
Nella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:36 PM   #429  

Height: 6'1

helpmelose- I just noticed that in your avatar pic, you look very much like the actress Holly Marie Combs from Charmed. Sorry if you get this comment a lot. But anyways, its a good observation because you are very pretty.
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 01:45 PM   #430  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Morning Ladies,

Internet was down all morning so I've missed out on my usualy free time for posting and now I'm up to my elbows in things. But down another 1.2 today, I think I'm melting, to hit 155.4, that's a breath away from a normal BMI at 154, something I have never seen before! I'll catch up later if I can but if not , ta ta till tomorrow.
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 02:39 PM   #431  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Tummy-Yay! Another pound+ bites the dust! Holy WOW!!! You ARE melting! Congrats on the melting and the close proximity to "healthy"...come on in, the weather's fine here!

Shasha-Hope your plan to cope with the holidays pans out. On the days you will have parties or whatever, enjoy the food, just don't over-do it then you won't have to make-up too much weight loss before and after. You know you can do it! Be strong!! And way to go for thinking ahead. That shows you plan to succeed.

FitGirlyGirl-That'd drive me nuts have all that candy around. I've learned to buy nothing until the last minute before I need it when it comes to candy or goodies for kid's parties and all. I'd totally be into a bag of peanut butter cups by now! LOL
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 03:29 PM   #432  

S/C/G: 178/162.4/130

Height: 5'6

Hi all,

I am joining in this challenge late But I really want to do this. I want to lose 2 lbs by end of october. Since it is already 22nd oct. That gives me 9 days. Doable right!!
sweettooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 07:07 PM   #433  

S/C/G: 151/151/130... was 190's in 06

Height: 5'4"

Hey Ladies... checking in for today....

B: SF maple and brown sugar oatmeal
L: subway buffalo chicken flatbread, iced tea, and baked chips
S: peas, sf jelly and peanut butter on 45 calorie bread
S: granola Bar
D: Jambalya

Exercise: did 20 minutes on elliptical and 20 minutes weights - legs today

FitGirly: That sounds yummmyyy I am going to give it a shot. No Kroger around here pretty much just a super walmart, but there is dannon light n fit yogurts that are 80 calories and they are yummy. I will have to remember that too for a quick easy breakfast.

ShaSha: I have been told that... thanks I think that your plan sounds good!!!

Talk to you all tomorrow!!! I have a Mary Kay party this weekend. So trying to think of healthy food to serve, I am leaning towards a veggie tray, and I was thinking homemade salsa. Has anybody seen/tried the whole wheat tortillas chips? I just noticed them this past weekend at walmart. And maybe have the cookies I posted before.
helpmelose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:35 PM   #434  
Real Me in here Somewhere

S/C/G: 194.8/155/132?

Height: 5'1"

Evening Ladies

~helpmelose: Those cookies sound Yummy! I love anything pumpkin. Have not tried whole wheat chips (I'll have to look for those) I usually buy Baked bite size tortillas...Utz makes them and they are 120 calories for about 17 chips...2 grams of fat and 1 gram of fiber...not to bad with homemade salsa...mmmm

~ Ms Perception: Grats on the healthy BMI!! WTG preplanning what your eating before you get there...I try and look up the menus before going out but sometimes I change my mind once we get there lol There is a site called Dotti's Weight Loss Zone and she has a TON of different restaurant menus including all important info.

~FitGirlyGirl: Great tip on making the egg sandwich the night before...I usually have a few a week...never thought about making it ahead of time...Thanks! I can't buy any candy until right before Halloween...my kids would be diving in lol

~iDream: Good luck on getting the basement done...Your on a roll! That is awesome your hubbie suggested date night...it's so much nicer when they suggest it...means they are thinking about us

~sweettooth: Welcome!! Yes your goal is very doable! You can do it!

Son is feeling much better and I worked today at one of the elementary schools...Amazing how many kids are out sick Didn't get any exercise in today...after errands and cleaning I was tired ( I think I'm actually fighting off getting sick myself...bleh)
On a good note...DH was gonna make breaded pork chops for dinner and I said to him "ugh that doesn't sound very healthy" lol I went up to rest for a bit and came down and he had decided to roll out the pork chops and stuff them with spinach and bake them...They were amazing tasting and a much better choice...he's a great cook!

Have a great night ladies and an even better tomorrow!
Huggies,
Giv
GivTLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:44 PM   #435  
One day at a time.

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/135-120

Hey Ladies,

Sooooo, I haven't been really following my food or exercise plan because I suddenly started getting these unusual (at least I've never had them feel like it before) migraines and the doc today said that well, I'm healthy (meaning no sinus or lung or cold reasons why I'd have them) and so she prescribed me some medication that I'm getting tomorrow.

I've tried to follow my daily routine, Sandye, for some of the days, but these headaches just make me so exhausted to the point I need to take a nap when I get them. Oddly enough? my pills have three ingredients, one I don't know, Tylenol, and caffeine! Didn't I just spend a month getting rid of my soda habit?? lol. A little caffeine before exercise has actually be proven to help your workout. But I'm still not thrilled.

I am, however, getting caught up. I have a mid term test next Friday. Which I'm not really worried about. I take notes daily. But, right now I gotta run to finish home homework due tomorrow. -.-

We Can Do It Ladies <3
Miss Mallee is offline   Reply With Quote