Old 10-14-2009, 09:12 AM   #301  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

Good morning chickies!!!

Tummy - WAHOO!!! Glad you had a nice holiday, with a weight loss no less!

Sandye - Grats on beating the binge! Hope you have fun at your play date!

Ms. P - I hate moving, I can never find anything after. Hope you had a nice run this morning!

Mystical - Glad you had a nice holiday! I bet it's just some water retention and TOM crap. Next week, you'll be back on track!

Well, I spent 4 hours going through my closet and the tubs of clothes I have all over the bedroom. I decided I needed to purge some stuff that's too big, or I'll never wear again. It was heart wrenching. I love my clothes. BUT, I can fit into 90% of the jeans I have now! When I started this, I only had about 3 pairs I could wear, now I have 15+ I can wear. And since I had gotten heavier I stopped wearing nice dress pants (Jeans are A-OK at my office), but I have about 30+ pairs that I am determined to wear now. I didn't try them all on, but I did try one pair of really nice Ralph Lauren seersucker pants I bought on clearance 3 years ago, but have never fit into them, and they fit!! I did a mini fashion show for DH, lol.

So here's my dilemma now, while I'm very excited about losing this weight, I'm sad because in another 20 pounds, all the clothes I have will be getting too big! DH suggested just getting the pants/ skirts all tailored, but I'll be sad when my favorite things are too big. I know, I'm being stupid about this and I can buy new stuff, but I'm attached to everything I have and most of it is designer stuff. And honestly, we can't afford to buy me a whole new wardrobe right now. It has me seriously considering changing my goal to 150 instead of 135.

So, did anyone else deal with this sort of issue? Or am I the only silly one?
Nella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:33 AM   #302  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 226/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Hellloooo Chickies!!!

Well, sadly my internet at home is out until Friday at the best. It's a voltage problem and they have to order something or other or whatever... so it's post during work or not at all and I'm still suffering from having no contact over the 3 day weekend so I guess I'll be posting at work!

Gekster Isn't that post-workout feeling fantastic? Thinking about it is what gets me through some of my work outs when I'm struggling! Way to go on being so good with your eating! Birthday Cake? Was it your birthday? If so Happy Birthday!

FitGirlyGirl Way to go on losing 5 lbs already! That's fantastic! And oh man, I nearly had some chicken nuggets Monday while I was out shopping... they are a weakness of mine as well! I hope you enjoyed every bite!

idream Well, very typically... as soon as I started going over there to use it, my FIL decided he wanted to start walking on it again and so they kept it. I was going to wait around to see if they would change their minds but then realized what a hassle it was to go there to exercise. My method of measuring body fat isn't that great, I just use the little handheld device at Curves and I've asked for a scale that does it for Christmas and I know they can be off... but I figure it won't be off by so much that my calories are wayyyy off. Man, you have the same talks with yourself on your treadmill that I do! I am always telling myself I'm just feeling lazy and not actually needing to walk. Hope you enjoy the playdate!

KimL Eeew snow... but ahhh mountains! Living in Illinois, mountains are glorious things to me! Congrats on all of the activity you're getting in and winning the school's TBL challenge! WooHoo!

jessicado Glad I could bring a smile to your face! You are doing so well with your exercise and weight loss, please don't get discouraged. Stalls will happen but seriously, you are doing so well... and really pushing me to push myself in the exercise arena!! Hang in there, the weight loss will happen, but right now I think hormones are having a bit of fun with your body... give them time to straighten out and then I'm sure you'll see success!!

Tummy Congrats on the new decade!! You totally deserve it, you've worked so hard! And.. I cannot wait to see your pie recipe!

MsP I hope you enjoy your nice relaxing run. I tell ya, I don't miss running in the dark in the morning... even as boring as the treadmill can be! Congrats on getting the weight down!

Nella I can understand being attached to clothes. If I were you, I'd get as much taken in as possible. And... just see how you feel at your new goal weight. No one says you cannot change it again!

Well I think that's everyone, unless someone has snuck in while I'm posting. Last night's massage was very nice actually. She went easy on me as I was a first-timer but told me to come back because I've got quite a few knots to work out that she'll dig into next time. The experience would have been much more relaxing if I hadn't been in the throes of a migraine. By the time I got out of there I could barely drive home and nearly called DH to come get me. I got home and went straight to bed and woke up late this morning, but at least the migraine is gone. This cold weather triggers them so often mainly due to the school's air being so dry... it aggrevates my sinuses (which are bad to begin with) which triggers the migraine. No fun.

Scale was down to 203.0 this morning so I'm kind of hoping to see 202.something tomorrow even though I haven't been losing weight steadily like that the past 6 weeks... sure would be a trip if I suddenly DID start losing that way again. I am sooo close to onederland I can hardly stand it.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Shrinking Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:34 AM   #303  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Morning Ladies,

Jessicado - on that weight chickie, and an even bigger woohoo on the pants that's fanfrickintastic! Congrats on that run, what an amazing accomplishment, great work and wtg pushing yourself still!

Amy - Awww what a hubbie, he's a good one and has excellent timing too, lol.

MsP
- Oh preaching to the choir on that one, last week was brutal for me too, it felt like quick sand and I mean we totally know how to do this then all of a sudden we doubt what took off all the weight we already lost. Can't explain these silly brains but hope you're doing better anyway. For my face I'm using this hood type thing, all one piece and it slides over your head, and there's one hole for your face. It has this little pull cord on the side so that you can tighten the hole to cover your mouth and nose while leaving your eyes out, and if it's warm you can pull the hood part down and just use it just for you neck. LOL, that's a long explanation but it doesn't have a name on the tag. My dh uses a fleece hat and neck gaiter as he likes having two separate pieces. I'm like that with calories too, I find that I drift lower over time then have to ramp it back up again, honestly we all like to eat or else how did we all gain in the first place, lol.

Nello - OMG, that's super exciting who ever thought overweight would be this awesome! Well we all did, but at least we get how incredibly hard you've worked to get there. How's the heel doing?

JasonLea - You're very welcome

Crystal - Have i told you I'm so glad you're back, lol, cuz I am, it's so hard to pick up where you left off and you're doing it, it's just so awesome! WTG on the workout too, we all need ppl like that in our lives, great she's so persistant.

Shasha - I think the weather is shocking to ppl who aren't used to it, lol, we must have thinker skin or maybe that's why the fat is there to keep us warm. I here from ppl who move here from warmer places that it does take some getting used to but since I've only ever lived here -12 is pretty good for winter. on 240 you're melting. Glad you have fun at the happiest place on earth!

Sandye - I have made a crustless pumpkin pie before and I believe it was pretty good too and I'm sure you could do that with this one. It's not as firm as some of the ones I've made in the past but it holds it's shape and can be cut and everything good pie should do so I don't care if it's a bit jiggly. LOL that makes me laugh, my mom's on meds that make her far more pleasant as well and I think my random funks might just be a very very mild form of what has plauged her so I push through but watch it carefully. How that organizing go spider woman? Ok I have some other books I liked. I enjoyed "the beck diet" for the behavioural psychology side of weightloss, resisting food strategies, keeping your head in the game kind of stuff but not nutritional at all. "In defense of food" by micheal pollan was excellent, about nutrition and such, loved that one. I know how you love miss jillian and her "Master your Metabolism" book was really great about food additives, "frakenfood" and what sort of food should be making up your diet. "skinny *****" was just hilarious good fun although not necessary my favorite. I like factual research based stuff which is why the china study did it for me. I love ppl's opinions and all but give me some numbers and research over that any day. That's all I can think of for now Have fun at McDonalds'!

SG - You're doing awesome! 16's already those dancing fatties are going to be making circles on your siggy in no time. I'm just glad you have internet too, I missed your smiley face in the morning. Oh I envy your treadmill, I'll just sit here envying a minute...ok that's better I'm good.

Nella - for 174, holy crap girl, where is this coming from all of a sudden, it's like everyone took skinny pills over the weekend, my goodness. only 2 lbs till mini goal and you've got room to spare! I know exactly what you're saying about the baby thing. All we hear is when's number two coming, on and on. But usually I don't mention that we haven't been able to carry another one, not that we haven't tried but ppl think it's crazy to try and lose weight b/f a baby. But from experience, my blood pressure was insane with my daughter and I was 192 at conception and gave birth at 220. Not a huge gain granted but it's just so hard on our bodies anyway why won't we want to give that little bundle the best start, kwim? And if we manage out eating like we have been there shouldn't be no 70lbs tacked on to our behinds either. And nope, I had that issue too, I mean even heavy I still dressed well. I had an office job and I had a beautiful waredrobe and gorgeous shoes some of which are too big now, that broke my heart. My friends were all alughing b/c I could just buy new stuff but it takes years to amass that kind of waredrobe. Fortuntely I am not working now so I can manage with the one pair of jeans that fit me right now but I feel your pain. I'd still go lower though, and little by little you'll get your goal waredrobe after your goal weight.

Kim - Thanksgiving was great, thanks for asking, food was marvelous and didn't remain on my behind, so double marvelous. on the new weight decade too, that's incredible for one month holy! WTG!

Jellofer - Lol, yup somedays are just bigmac days but hopefully they are in name only and we choose better. Feel better soon and that weight will drop away just like I hope that cold does.

GivTLC - Welcome! These are my lifeline some days so post often and we look forward to getting to know you

Cle - hope you're having an awesome day.

LTTG - Glad you had a great time, I imagine one night in vegas of eating not so healthy is pretty incredible given what I've seen on tv, the city of temptation! Good for you and glad you're back

Jen 7 - I feel the same way about organic stuff, but what i've been doing is buying organic for the stuff we eat tons of like lettuce and tomatoes and stuff where we eat the skin, apples, strawberries, etc and not worrying about the thick skinned things or stuff I peel. It makes a buck go a bit farther but every little bit helps. And for some of the processed stuff, like granola bars or cereals and stuff I haven't found a huge price difference b/w the natural stuff and the stuff loaded with chemicals/unpronouncable ingredients, I just have to do a lot of label reading at the store.

Fitgirlygirl - Congrats on the weight and so nice to make that for him, I don't know that I could have managed. But you never know until you try, right?

Mystical - Yay on surviving the holiday, now we all have nothing until Christmas! Let us know how the gym went!

Have to head over to play group soon and still need to get purdy. I had a mom call and say she couldn't make it today and she's supposed to be making lunch for us today soooo finally got some stuff made up for a whole bunch of hungry toddlers and they'll just have to deal with less than fancyness, lol.

And today was the first day I missed my run but I was up, dh is on call and had to leave at 3am and didn't get back until it up too late for me to head out. But I did get in my other 2 workouts for today and running will just have to wait until tomorrow. And down another 0.6lbs today to hit 159 on the nose, only 19lbs to go! And it's the end of month 5 for me so that means pictures and measuring today when I have a spare second. And I'm so glad I hit the 159 yesterday, it means my pictures will be 10lbs apart from last month and that's just a thing in my head I like to achieve so I'm thrilled.

Last edited by Tummy Girl; 10-14-2009 at 11:08 AM.
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:04 AM   #304  

Height: 6'1

Good morning ladies! I'm happy to report that this morning, I went into a section of my closet that houses smaller pairs of jeans and pulled out a size 14. Yay! Its a pair of boot cut from old navy, so I don't know if that means I'm officially a 14 across the board, but I'm glad because I didn't think I was ready for these yet. I was wearing a pair of 2x jeans from this plus size store in the mall, but they were seriously starting to get baggy and even a couple of my work friends were starting to say something. Also, I am alllmost out of the 240's. I'm sitting at 240.4 right now and my October goal was to be 240. If I can make it to 240 by Friday, I'm going to change my October goal to 235.
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 03:13 PM   #305  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon ladies!

Nella~ thanks, the playdate wasn't all that great--the girls were barnacles and the place was a madhouse! It frazzled my nerves! As for the clothes, I say you should keep your favorite pieces and have them altered. I have never owned name brand stuff (until my recent trips to Goodwill) and so there was no love lost when things started getting to big for me. However, I can totally understand being bummed that your favorite pieces are not fitting anymore! So see how much it would be to get some things taken in, and go from there. That's what I'm planning to do with the Ann Taylor dress I bought last month--it's just too cute to get rid of just because it's now a little big on me, heck, I haven't even worn it yet!

SG~ sorry to hear the internet is still out at your place! Glad you're posting from work though! Yeah, my treadmill and I started off as such good friends, but now I don't even like to think about running on it. Hmph. Did it again today, blech! Odd how HIIT is no big deal on it, but running 3 miles straight is like getting my fingernails ripped off. Congrats on the loss! Let's hope it's the start of a new trend! I can't wait to read about you hitting Onederland!!

Tummy~ thanks for all the book recommendations! I'm just getting more curious about ratios--carbs to protein, etc. I've never been concerned much about it and I think it's time to look into it. Congrats on the loss girlie!!! Only one more decade to blow through and you'll be in single digits baby!!! 19 lbs...wow! That's just so awesome!!! Only 19 little tiny pounds to go!!! Can't wait to see pics!!!!

Shasha~ Congrats on the 14's girlie!!! I'd bet that if you're a 14 in Old Navy you're a 14 in a lot of sizes, if not across the board. While hitting Goodwill I've noticed that Old Navy runs smaller than Tommy, Gap and CK jeans. Sounds like maybe you need to do a little size testing at the mall, ya know, just to be sure and all . You're almost at a new decade!!! Yay! That's so awesome! You're doing fantastic hun! You'll hit that Oct. goal in no time flat!!

Well, back from the playdate and a Wallyworld run. Also hit a kid's resale shop in search of the foam floor mats--but struck out. The playdate was okay, a ton of screaming kids all crammed into the play area and my girls sticking to me like glue...sigh...

Hey, does anyone have a body fat % caliper? Just curious, I'm looking into getting one and don't want to spend a lot for one.

Well girls, I need to go--I need to check my emails and write my mom Hope everyone is having a great day!!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 03:21 PM   #306  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

Sandye, I saw a caliper on Amazon for like $8. It was plastic, but I don't know if that makes a difference. I think they recommend one on the Biggest Loser or JM's website too. I'm going to get one soon too. I don't trust the BMI scale. According to it I am obese still. I'm a size 8/10 now. How is that obese?

Luckily my aunt runs a gym in my hometown, so when I'm down a bit more, I'm going to have her check all my measurements and give me a better idea of what I need to do still.

Oh, and you're right about the clothes. I need to just pick some favorites and alter them. I can probably alter a lot of the skirts myself. They are easier than pants, lol. And I'm going to cross my fingers for a nice xmas bonus to go shopping with I'm over my designer clothing thing now that I help support 2 teenage girls, but I am having a hard time parting with the ones I have cause I spent so much hard earned money on them when I was a single gal, lol.
Nella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 03:37 PM   #307  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Alrighty here's the pumpkin pie recipe:

Combine in a blender:

2 cups solid pack canned pumpkin (not pie filling just plain old pumpkin)
1 cup almond or soy milk
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 Tbsp molasses
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp allsipce or cloves

1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Pour ingredients into pie shell and bake 60 minutes*
3. Cool on rack and refrigerate overnight (this step seems rather important as without all the eggs of a normal pie it needs to set whereas a regular pie would set in the oven during baking)

*I baked for 75 minutes and it could have gone a bit longer, oven dependent i guess.

Nutritional Info for 1/8 slice of 9" pie w/o crust and using almond milk
Calories 122
Fat 0.3g
Sodium 155mg
Carb 31g
Fiber 2g
Sugar 23g
Protien 1g

So as Sandye suggested you could make this crustless and hit about 100 calories a slice or as part of a pie it depends on your crust but it can come out around 200-250 per piece. And it tastes awesome, which is nice cuz otherwise who cares if it's low cal.

Last edited by Tummy Girl; 10-14-2009 at 03:39 PM.
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 03:44 PM   #308  

S/C/G: 278/ticker/175

Height: 5'11"

Good morning ladies!!! Thanks again to all of you for your support.

Nella congrats on your NSV!!! Don't change your goal. Once you are there you will have years to build up your designer collection again. Get your absolute favorites tailored, then resale. That is what I am doing. I had a similar dilema the other day. The really small stuff was too tight yet, the normal clothes were too big. I wanted to show off my progress, but nothing fit right. What a great situation to be in though!!!!! Keep up the great work.

shrinkinggirl One recommendation that I have for you is to drink lots of water after a massage. when the therapist is working on you, they are moving lots of fluid throughout your body and you need to flush all of those toxins out. I am almost gauranteed at least a full pound after I get a good massage. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed it. You got a really great deal on the cost also. It is amazing what a good massage can do for your body especially on a regular basis.

Tummythis one is just for you........I stayed away from BigMac, (had a little popcorn though) and the cold is still here. Just waiting for it to fully bloom. But the scale yesterday 252.4 today 248.8!!!!!! Woohooo!!!! Sicky jellofer did a cartwheel. (well, in my head i did)

Shasha17You are awesome and inspiring. Just remember a 14 is a 14. Own it and get ready for the 12!!!! Congrats!!!

Well, I know there are many personals that I did not get. I do apologize to you. This place is the best thing out there for us peeps!!!! Keep up the great work everyone and we will all meet our goals. Lets all turn them red this month!!!! (sniffle sniffle) I am hoping that this wonderful cold that my DH shared with me will be gone in time for the weekend. I have stuff to do.
jellofer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 05:56 PM   #309  

S/C/G: 310/169/155

Height: 5'5"

Well today was another work day so no time for personals. Just got in from work and have to get DD ready for her nap and then off to the gym. But wanted to at least check in! Will stop by tomorrow for a normal post with personals and such. Have a great day ladies!
jessicado22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:15 PM   #310  

S/C/G: 151/151/130... was 190's in 06

Height: 5'4"

Well I fell off again ladies!!! I really really want to see my numbers dropping and be able to come in here and share what I have lost and join in with you ladies that are being successful. I AM going to do better!!! I took a step in the right direction today, I get 3 hours of paid time each week at work to workout (its a new job about 2 months ago) and today I got my dr.'s note so I can go workout. So I will get to leave work about an hour early 2 days a week and then I think I will add 30 minutes to my lunch a couple days a week to get in my 3 hours!! Now I just need to focus on PLANNING ( I am pretty sure I have said this before) and eating healthy!!!

Hopefully in the next few days I will have some positive posts on here! O ya I have to remember to drink WATER!!!!

Good Luck Ladies!! I hope you all are having an AWESOME October!!
helpmelose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:35 PM   #311  

S/C/G: 142/ticker/122

Height: 5'7"

Hello All - Just a fly by - been a long, long day and need to get to bed. Congrats to everyone working hard and losing weight/inches. Keep up the good work! For those struggling or just having a bad day, dust yourself off and remember that tomorrow is a new day that brings new possibilities!
ShrinkingAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:56 PM   #312  
Real Me in here Somewhere

S/C/G: 194.8/155/132?

Height: 5'1"

Heya all! Sorry I haven't posted here in a few days...been busy busy busy, but staying on program! Thanks for the warm welcome

I don't know how you all keep track of everyone...so until I get to know you better, excuse my generalization lol I'm loving that some of you are posting recipes!! Way to make my learn 1 new recipe a week an easy task hehehe I think I may have to try that chicken chili....yummy on a cold night!

Hope your all doing well and keep on staying motivated!!!
GivTLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:46 AM   #313  
One day at a time.

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/135-120

Hey Ladies.

School has been REALLY hectic. Worst off? When I get home (from 3-4) I just get so tired, but it's after I eat. So I end up napping for like an hour and a half or more. I haven't been really hungry, but I haven't been OP. I need a way to get in my work outs. The sidewalks just seem to kill my knees for running, actually, I'm thinking it might be the weather because my knees have been hurting even while I walk the dogs. I need a balanced routine in my life!! All I seem to want to do is be lazy and procrastinate. And, the freezer meals are actually helping out in the sense that my mom takes them for her lunches. So, we have plenty of food in the house. We still have like a months worth of lunches for her. And, that ends my little frustrated/exhausted rant. I'm off to bed. XD

'Night Ladies. <3
Miss Mallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 03:17 AM   #314  

S/C/G: 129/see ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

Just wanted to pop in for a quick hello.
Still no budge on the weight (maybe 1/2 lb and a small drop in body fat); but, I'm just happy that I'm sticking to plan with ease and enjoying it.

Congrats to all who are making even the tiniest progress in anyway shape or form.

xx
Taurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:54 AM   #315  
I'm his Princess!

S/C/G: 270/236/160

Height: 5'7

Goooooood Morning ladies!

Just wanted to say hey! Before I headed off to work...have a good one!

Cle
Imdedicated is offline   Reply With Quote