Old 10-19-2009, 06:47 PM   #391  

S/C/G: 151/151/130... was 190's in 06

Height: 5'4"

Just checking in once again.... I am going to make this a habit at least 5 days a week.

At school for evening class, cartography.

Just got done working out got in 35 minutes on elliptical and 15 minutes of weight training. I feel good!!!
helpmelose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:40 PM   #392  

Height: 6'1

Hey everyone, I missed posting in here today so its going to be a late evening post. I had a very boring day. My boyfriend is on a business trip for a few days, but its in the town up north where my parents live so atleast he gets to go visit them. It feels wierd being home alone, but I guess thats bound to happen every now and then. Been a little stressed/peeved about certain things so unfortunatly ate a little too much sugar today. Not good, but just going to move forward. I don't even know WHY I ate it, I didn't even enjoy it. I guess I will just need to come in here and vent instead of doing that.
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:28 AM   #393  
I'm his Princess!

S/C/G: 270/236/160

Height: 5'7

Good Morning Ladies!

Thanks for the love! Yes it was a ball! I'm so glad it turned out well. My mom is 54! She's awesome...best mom everrrr!
Hope you all have a good day! BBL
Imdedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:43 AM   #394  
I'm his Princess!

S/C/G: 270/236/160

Height: 5'7

Good Morning Ladies!

Thanks for the love! Yes it was a ball! I'm so glad it turned out well. My mom is 54! She's awesome...best mom everrrr!
Hope you all have a good day! BBL
Imdedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:01 AM   #395  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Goooooooood Morning Ladies!!!!

helpmelose
~ well since you're officially back and all, here's an official Welcome Back for ya! Mmm, cake! Hope it was super yummy! I love stew! I very seldom make it though...guess because I don't eat a lot of red meat. Wonder how a chicken stew would be? Hope you made it through your long day unscathed--that sounds crazy long!!!

Molly~ Of course I didn't forget!!! I did start writing up a long list of weekly chores, ya know like "Monday~ strip sheets, take out all garbage, tidy office"...etc. However, I didn't finish it due to weekend chaos. So...here's the deal: I am taking this week to get as much BIG cleaning done as possible--this includes tackling the basement I hope to have most of the house tidy and clean by the weekend and then I'll sit down with hubby and the boys (the girls are too little to care or participate) and work on a weekly chore chart. Your schedule sounds great! I hope it helps to keep things running smoothly and keeps you OP!!

GivTLC~ 'putting your house on a diet' I love it! Isn't it interesting how when we make positive changes in one area of our lives, other areas suddenly deserve more attention as well? Great job on reducing your house's 'calories'. I definitely need to do the same thing!! Hope your son feels better soon too!!

Mystical~ hiya girlie! I gotta say, you sound so chipper and happy!! I love it!! I am so glad that you're doing so well!! Keep up the great work and hurray for getting your bil & his wife to join you at the gym! That should be fun!!

SG~ Hi hun! Sorry you're in a funk I think a lot of us are feeling that way--it seems like we tend to go through this every month at the half way point don't we? Hmm...Hope you're feeling back to your happy self soon! As for the plan for the holidays...sigh...ya know, I don't know. As you know, I bake like crazy during the holidays and I don't want to blow all the hard work I've been doing but I also don't want to have to be crazy obsessed about not licking my fingers when decorating sugar cookies with the kids ya know? I mean, the holidays are a flurry of activity and stress and there's got to be some down time and fun in there right? Of course, the key will be balance I guess. So, I suppose I'll just stick to my exercise plan (whatever it may be at that point) and not go completely bananas with the food. However, I won't deny myself anything on Thanksgiving or Christmas--they're just 2 days out of the year right? So long as I can keep it to those days and have self control and good common sense the rest of the time I'll consider it a win. However, if I do go overboard and gain a little--I'm not going to dwell, get all miserable and down on myself and revert back to old habits--I'm going to take a deep breath and get right back on track. There ya have it, my 'plan' as wonky as it is.

dcapulet~ nice to see you 2 days in a row!! Hope you have a great day hun!!!

Taurie~ ya know what they say, it's always slower to come off the closer you get to goal! Just keep up the great work, you'll make it!!

shasha~ sorry to hear you've been stressed/peeved I hate it when I get like that! Hope you have a great day today hun!

Cle~ Hey girlie!! Have a great day hun!

Well ladies, it's another beautiful day here! It's supposed to be warmer today and the guy who's supposed to be painting our house is supposed to show up sometime today...maybe??? I don't know. But I do know we need to get our house painted ASAP before it gets too cold!

Sent Ry to school today, he seemed much better, no complaints of feeling icky, so off he went. It's a short week for them this week so I'll have to figure out some stuff to keep them busy Thursday & Friday. I'm thinking of getting one of those gingerbread haunted house kits and letting them all decorate it. No fear of me eating any of it--that stuff is gross!! Might also make some sugar cookies and do the whole cookie cutter, bake and decorate thing--that might be trickier to avoid eating, but we'll see.

Holding steady today, got my workout in already (YES!) and just need to keep staying busy and getting that basement organized. Hubby has volunteered to make another set of shelves so that we can get as much stuff put away as possible--YAY!

Well, I guess I better go and get my day started! Hope everyone has a great day and don't forget to...

Drink Your Water!!!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:03 AM   #396  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning!

FitGirlyGirl - LOL, I'm not touching anything else expensive for a couple days that's for sure. You know, we have the same problem here with grocery shopping, our bill multiplies dramatically when dh comes too. They just like spending time with us, awwww. And I love that site, if I need recipe nutritional info I always get it from there, it's marvelous!

Sandye - I'm determined not to break anything else but dang it, it's cold in here! Makes for a good sleep though. Oh yuck, I hope your little guy is doing better today, it's nice, everyone who sneezes has swine flu, my goodness. Woohoo on that workout, can't say the same here but we're headed to Edmonton today so hopefully I'll be home with a dvd player later and can do my core stuff. I'm with you gingerbread house kits, not my favorite, homemade is another story, lol. Have fun!

Helpmelose
- Oh that is a long day, mmm stew, that's something I haven't had in ages, thanks for the reminder!

Miss Mallee - Now that looks like a great schedule! Hopefully that will simplify your life a bit and you won't have to worry about doing everything all the time. WTG getting things balanced out, that's going to feel so much better!

GivTLC - Isn't that the truth! I might just get one today we'll see. It's nice to spend $40 instead of $200 for sure. I think a lot of us around here have done the same thing. Weight Loss puts life in perspective and makes you look at where else we live in excess I think, great job.

Mystical - Wow that looks like some fantastic life changes over there, and now you're inspiriing others! I have no doubt your efforts will pay off.

SG - For any special occasion my goals are always to lose less but to still lose. I pick one item that is important for me to eat as part of the celebration, pie, cake, that special casserole, glass of wine and eat that and everything else is "clean" as I would normally eat. For vacation it worked great as with Thanksgiving, came out with loses both times and didn't feel left out or deprived, etc. That someone who told you that should have higher expectations, lol.

Dcapulet - Your welcome and

Taurie - Thanks so much I'm finding that the lower we get the slower we lose too, it's frustrating for sure but it will mean all the much more when we get there if we have to work hard for it, I guess, lol.

Shasha - emotional eating is the worst, sometimes it's in our mouth before we even realize it, but sugar will leave you shortly and you'll learn for next time. Venting is always welcome

Cle - Ok, yup great genes, your mom does not look 54!

Well gotta get going to make it to the big city with enough time to do some shopping and it's already 8! Dd is still sleeping, we had a bit of a late night getting dh off to training, you'd be amazed how hard it is to track down a police car some days, it took 3 hours after he was supposed to leave.

Anywho, operation, cut calories, reduce exercise is in full swing this week, 2 pounds in 3 days and into the 157's this morning Not even hungry either, which for me is a total deal breaker so it's nice to finally see some good movement on the old scale and not have a hungry tummy either. Alrightly off to get beautiful and i'll catch ya later!
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:18 AM   #397  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Tummy~ I think you've sent all the hungries my way! I am all shaky and stuff! I can't figure out what is going on! I've cut out all the extra cardio and I'm only doing P90X and eating 1800 cals a day--what's up?! Well, I'll just listen to my body and do what it tells me to. Have a great time in Edmonton and get yourself a new DVD player! Congrats on the great loss hun!!! Here ya go, burnin' through another decade!!

Well, just found out that hubby's Uncle and one of his guys are coming over in about an hour to start prepping to paint!! So, as long as the weather stays warm'ish and it doesn't rain, we'll be good!! Keep your fingers crossed for us!

Okay, gotta fuel up the bod. Oh, and if anyone's seen TOM, ask him why he's not here yet. There's no logical reason for him to skip a visit, but he's a day late already and that's not like him.

Last edited by iDream; 10-20-2009 at 10:19 AM.
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:49 AM   #398  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

SG-I started my weight loss last year in mid-November and lost 10 pounds by the end of the year. Obviously those first 10 seem to come off easier than the rest for most of us, but I'm just saying that even if you have 2 thanksgivings and 6 Christmas celebrations, that's 8 days out of 61. You CAN lose weight, but it's a choice.

mystical-I agree with Sandye, you sound energized and really upbeat about your new gym. I'm so glad you like it. That makes it so much easier to go. Keep up the healthy choices and let the losing begin!

Taurie-Good perspective. You are already mastering maintenance, so it'll be a breeze once you're there permanently!

helpmelose-Busy, busy! I do not miss that life. I loved college, but I now realize how much MORE I love my current life. LOL Hope your paid workout went well. Gotta love it!!

GivTLC-I hear ya. Like Tummy said, many of us have had some major clutter reduction tendencies on here. I never thought of it as putting the house on a diet, but it kinda makes sense. We're getting rid of junk on our bodies and in our general environment (house). Cool concept!

Shasha-UGH! I hate the "I don't even know why I ate it" feeling. That SUCKS! Well, it always reminds us how 'not worth it' it is. Hope your day and week improve and you can enjoy some time to yourself! Maybe a girls night?

Cle-Not to argue, but my mom is the best mom ever! I'm sure yours is right up there too though! LOL Hope your week has started off well. What are you gonna do with all your free time now that you don't have to be party-planning?

dcapulet-Awesome job finishing the race and the amazing sense on accomplishment! Don'tcha love it!? Keep up the training and you'll be able to do any race you want!

Sandye-More basement organizing sounds pretty great, especially with DH building more shelves. What a guy! It is so much easier to get things organized that way. I'm trying to decide how I'm going to do my own basement. It'll be unfinished, so I gotta decide what goes there and what goes in the garage. I got time, so I guess It'll come to me...maybe.

Tummy-Looks like the operation is a success! I bet it felt great to see a nice drop this morning. As you know, it's good to change things up on your body to keep it guessing. I guess this falls into that category, huh? Hope your shopping day is a success and you girls have fun!

As for me, the foot pain is a bit better and the run was decent this morning. The ST'ing didn't bother it at all, but of course I didn't do my calf raises on that side. Well, I did one and thought better of it. Anyway, the scale was down .6, so I hit 141 on the nose which was the "healthy" mark on my BMI chart, but when I did my ticker it's not giving me 24.9, so I guess I must need another .2 or so. I guess I'll withhold celebration until the ticker reflects 24.9, but I gotta be dang close! I'm super glad to see some downward movement several days in a row. The trend should continue until at least early next week. Monday and Tuesday nights we have functions at school (supper included) and I have no idea what to expect food wise. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it though. I'm off to read and play with DD. Have a great one, girls!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:12 AM   #399  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Sandye - Those automatic things are a mess, they scare the cats and then the cats sometimes just go on the floor instead and even when they do use it sometimes the scooping mechanism scoops the poo onto the floor instead of into the little holder tray it’s supposed to go in. If you do get a cat get one of those pans with the sifter trays in the bottom and an extra normal pan. Then you put down the litter pan, put in the sifter, pour in litter, when it’s time to scoop it you just lift the sifter pan shaking to sift, dump it, put it in the other pan and pour the litter over it. I hope that makes sense. Yeah, my hubby does try, he’s a sweetie. I’m sorry about your cravings. Have you ever seen fibergourmet.com? They have awesome pasta with only 130 calories per serving. It has a whopping 42 carbs, but 18 of them are fiber - yes I said 18. They even have a chocolate one flavored with Hershey cocoa. I put a little splenda and cool whip free on that one and it is a delicious guilt free chocolaty carby treat. They have a bunch of flavors and the plain ones taste just like normal pasta to me. I’m glad your kiddo is feeling better today and I hope it lasts for him. Make him drink his water! Good luck keeping them busy on their long weekend. I’ve done a chicken stew before. It is different for sure, but I liked it. I like to use a bit more onion and carrot than I would for a beef or venison stew, gives it added flavor. I prefer a turkey stew to chicken though, get just a breast and bake it and chop it or use leftover Thanksgiving turkey.

Helpmelose - Congrats on getting back on track. It does sound like your Mondays are pretty yikes. Good for you not letting that schedule stress you into eating badly.

GivTLC - Lol at putting the house on a diet. I am trying to do that to, grrrr hubby and grrrr mother-in-law.

SG - November I plan to keep my goal what it has been every other month - a 10 pound loss, but then Thanksgiving is supposed to be just me and hubby. I plan to take charge of almost all the food and make it as healthy as I can without getting too far from tradition. I will let him make the stuffing his grandfather always made which is horribly unhealthy but soooo yummy, but I am going to tell him to try to make as small a batch as he can and I’m not going to eat much of it (fingers crossed). In December I might cut my goal back to an 8 pound loss because we will be going to Florida to visit my family. Normal Christmas food in my family is ham, good southern from scratch mac ‘n’ cheese, fudge, and whatever else we feel like adding that year. I am in charge of fudge since I am the only one who knows how to make it like our mama did. I am working on making a sugar free version for myself and my sister-in-law since she is also trying to lose weight. I need to find some sugar free marshmallows for fudge and for yams. I figure if I try to keep most of the month healthy and not go too overboard on the actual holidays plus continue to exercise then I can probably still lose about 8, I mean that’s 25 days of good and only 6 of bad for December, in my family anyhow (Yule and Yule Eve, Christmas, Christmas Eve, and Boxing Day, then New Year‘s Eve) and only 1 bad day for January. I think a lot of people start problems by being too lenient with themselves at the holidays. I know I have done that to myself other years when I was doing well up until November, gave myself too much slack for the holidays and then it all went south, so I’m not going there this year. There is no reason that holiday foods can’t be made healthy and I think I will enjoy watching my nieces and nephews play with their new toys and everything much more if I am not over stuffed on crap and feeling like I am going to either pass out or explode. - Sorry that got long, I’ll hush now.

Mystical - Way to go getting more family involved. The more the healthier!

Tummy - Congrats on moving the scale and good luck with the hunt for a new dvd player.

Ms P - So glad your foot is feeling better and congrats on the .6, darn ticker must be using a different chart. That’s ok, it will agree with you soon enough.

Today is my one year anniversary of being smoke free so I am trying to figure out a way to celebrate that and I can’t think of anything good. Hubby’s plans for helping me celebrate it were all ruined in July when I started eating healthier - his plan was centered on an entire meal of smoked foods, lol.
I noticed last night that I have changed fruits. I was very clearly an apple and now I am slightly pear shaped. I have also just started liking pears and so hubby and I were joking that it might be a subconscious thing - I now like pears because I am starting to look like one, ha. I wonder what shape I’ll be when I get to goal.
My “running thing” is really getting to the hubby now - last night when we went to the gym he actually ran on his treadmill part of the time. He had been just walking. He even did 10mph for a very short time. He’s hoping to get to where he can run 10mph for 9 minutes - it’s an air force thing.
I have a question for those of you who run. Does anyone else get a runny nose when they are running? It is driving me insane and is actually the only thing I am not enjoying about doing the C25K. I start sniffling about a minute into my first running bit and then it doesn’t stop until about 15 minutes after I finish the program.
Ok, lots to do, can’t get it done on my butt.

Last edited by FitGirlyGirl; 10-20-2009 at 11:13 AM. Reason: typo
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:20 AM   #400  
Real Me in here Somewhere

S/C/G: 194.8/155/132?

Height: 5'1"

Morning Ladies!

What a beautiful day outside I love love love sun! Son is home sick again today...but resting peacefully so I have a few mins to catch up on my internet addiction lol

Added a bit more to my walk last night and it wasn't bad at all...but then went out to dinner with the family for "wing" night and oh boy. I planned on having only 3 wings (they are big) and some fries, but for some reason I was starving and ate 5! including the fries...back OP today and hey I need to treat myself every now and then right?! lol and yes I did have a big salad before we even went there. =op

My oldest son wants to go out for wrestling this year and wants to get in shape...he told me he wants to start with Leslie Sanone's 1 mile walk I told him great and that I'd do it with him before I go out for my normal 2 mile walk today. It's so awesome that the entire family wants in on this new "healthy lifestyle"

~ Tummy Girl Grats on the loss! Hope the hunger stays right where it is now!

~ iDream Glad your son is feeling better After your painter is done at your house...send him my way! I'd love to have a few rooms painted...I don't know how the walls get so dang dirty...kids!

~ shasha17a Feel free to vent...it's way better then eating over those feelings! Enjoy your time alone....catch up on some movies or a good book Trust me, one day you'll wish for that alone time hehehe

mystical Awesome that you didn't buy any junk food! I know first hand how hard that is =op Very cool that your getting some more family involved in the gym, that should be a good time...always great to have loved ones working aside of you and good for a few laughs...makes the time/workout go by fast

helpmelose Keep up the good workouts...your making me feel motivated

~ Taurie Grats on the 1 lb...you've come so far...wow! I hope to have your determination to get to my goal weight.

~ Shrinking Girl I'm sure once you start plowing through your to do list...you'll start to feel better OoOo you'll make your goal of 3 pds... You can do it! As far as planning for the holidays...I haven't really given it much thought...I am just pretty much going week to week here and worry about any obstacles as they come up. Don't stress it so much...I'm sure you'll end up doing great on those holidays

Well back to my housework...ugh I think I'll have my lunch on the deck today and enjoy the sun while it lasts

Huggies all around,
Giv
GivTLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:29 AM   #401  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Roxy-Yep, I get a runny nose too. Sometimes it's worse than at other times. In the cold I'm a mess, 'cuz my eyes water, my nose runs and I sweat, so I must be a fright to look at, but thankfully I run in the dark! LOL
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:32 AM   #402  
Real Me in here Somewhere

S/C/G: 194.8/155/132?

Height: 5'1"

FitGirlyGirl You musta been posting while I was lol First let me start by saying GRATS on a year of being smoke free That is something I still struggle with and once I feel a lil more in control of my eating, I plan on quitting as well! As far as celebrating...maybe go for a haircut or a nice facial or massage... You deserve it, big time!!! I don't run but when I'm out for my walks my nose starts to run too...lol I've had to start carrying a tissue with me. No clue what causes that...weird eh?

Anyway...have an awesome day ladies!
GivTLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:33 AM   #403  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi All

Is it too late to join in?? I know it's super late in the month but better late than never right??

My goal for this month is to reach my mini goal of 199lbs
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:47 AM   #404  

Height: 6'1

Sandye- I get like that sometimes too, where I am just so hungry and I don't know why. I think our bodies just need that extra fuel sometimes. My trainer said that theres no need to feel bad, but just eat the right things. So thats what I try to do.

Tummy- Woo hoo! Congrats on the 157! You are going to blow through the 150's just like you did the previous decade. Have fun shopping. I'm sure you will be walking tons today.

MsP- Good news about your foot feeling better. I would still count you as being in the healthy range. The ticker is probably having some rounding issues.

fitgirl- Congrats on being smoke free for a year. I have heard so many stats about smokers who quit smoking and the immediate benefits they encounter. This is really commendable and you should be VERY proud of yourself. Maybe instead of having a food celebration, do some clothes shopping? Looks like you have lost almost 50 lbs and you can notice your body changing, so some new hot clothes might be in order.

GivTLC- mmmm wings. They are so tasty. I think food treats now and then are necessary so that you don't drive yourself insane by avoiding them all together.

So I'm doing good today. Since the boyfriend wasn't home hitting the snooze button every 2 minutes, I was able to get out of bed earlier than usual and made myself breakfast before going to work. I usually eat breakfast at my desk at work, but its such a luxury for me to eat it at home during a work day because I can make eggs and a whole wheat english muffin rather than something cold at my desk. I'm feeling better today. I was in a bad mood after work yesterday. So we had health week at work last week and one of the days they said a DR was going to come in and talk to us about a healthy lifestyle and they were going to provide us a free healthy lunch. So I was like SCORE! Well anyways, he was a chiropractor and and everything he said about not using meds and how the spine is like our switch board made a lot of sense to me. So I signed up for a promo appointment at his office of 3 sessions which he ended his speech with. The 1st one was yesterday. Well I got there and it felt like I walked into a sales pitch situation. First of all, in the waiting room, there were chairs like in a class room facing an open room where the dr was treating patients. Like you can SEE them in their appointment. That was so uncomfortable for me to know that I would be lying on a table like 3 feet away from a waiting room full of people. Luckily since it was my first appt, his assistant took me to another room to talk about my history and take some tests. He took my xrays and then had me lay down to see any stress points. I just felt all unaligned after that because he said one leg is shorter than the other (really? I have NEVER noticed) and also that I put more weight on one leg than the other, blah blah blah. So per the package, I had to make 2 more back to back appts and they told me that I will be watching a short video and going over the xrays with the actual dr. Such a strange experience. I read some reivews on him and most of them described my EXACT situation. These people had actually gone to the next 2 appointments and said that they hand out flyers and try to convince you to make more appointments and go to workshops. So I'm just going to skip the other 2 appointments and chalk it as a $30 loss for this joke of a package. So thats why I felt stupid and like crap yesterday. But after getting over that, I feel better knowing I won't be going back. I am really looking foward to some ME time after work today. I will just put on some of my favorite music while I clean and do laundry and then watch some shows on my DVR. Sorry for this long post, but it feels good to get it all out.
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:55 AM   #405  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

FitGirlyGirl - Congrats on one year smoke free!!!

Tummy - Wahoo on the scale moving!

Sandye - TOM will show his face and then you'll be cussing him up and down, lol. That's probably why you are hungry. I'm always ravenous the few days leading up to TOM.
Nella is offline   Reply With Quote