Old 10-29-2009, 08:53 AM   #511  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

Shasha - WAHOO!!! on meeting your goal!!

Amy - Sometimes our bodies need a rest. Taking a few days off might jumpstart things. I know it sounds backasswards, but we do need recovery sometimes.

Jen - WAHOO!! 9 pounds is a lot! Good for you!! And I'm glad to hear your grandmother is in recovery.

Sweettooth - 7 pounds is already a huge accomplishment! I would wait until Saturday and then weigh in, I bet you'll go down a bit more!

FSA - We miss you!!!
Nella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:58 AM   #512  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Nella~ I’m feelin the 3 day crunch right now too!

shasha17a
~ How did your workout go yesterday? Congrats on starting C25K! I did that program last year and saw a lot of success! Congrats again for reaching your goal!

FullSteamAhead~ I’m wearing my size 20 jeans today!!!

ShrinkingAmy~ Great job getting through your funk and getting back with C25K!

jen7~ Congrats on your loss and getting your boyfriend involved in life changes as well!

So I passed out for way too long last night and didn’t get into the gym. I’m pretty annoyed with myself and plan on really kicking my own butt at the gym after school today. I am psyched to report that I have reached one of my two goals, and am currently wearing my size 20s right now at work! Almost Friday…
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:20 AM   #513  
Go Blue Team!

Kim - WAHOO!!!!! Great job on the jeans!!! I know how awesome that felt the first time I put on an old pair that hasn't fit in a while. Keep up the great work!! Yep, we've got 3 more days to push our noses to the grindstone!

I actually have a semi-kid free afternoon. Both have Halloween parties to attend after school, so I can go home, change and head right back out the door without having to worry about anything.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:49 AM   #514  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

KimL-Congrats on the jeans! I had a jeans vistory today also. Doesn't it feel good to get into that next size! You are doing great even though I know there are ups and downs. Just keep moving forward and you will accomplish all you want to! I just know it.

FSA-Where have you been woman?! I've missed you. Hope life hasn't been too crazy/bad since you've been on. Please keep me posted! BTW, I've reached all my weight loss goals! Please make me RED.

Jen-Great job on the loss and keeping up with your little one! I know that's a workout program in itself at this stage. LOL

I am SO SUPER DUPER happy to ammouce that not only did I hit 139.0 this morning to reach my October goal...also making my total loss=60 pounds, but I'm sitting here in SIZE 8 jeans I bought at the store last night. I went to try on 8's to see if I could squeeze in and they actually FIT. Not barely fit, I mean really fit nicely. So, I bought a pair and am wearing them today. I've also gone on ebay and bought a couple more pair. I live where there aren't many discount/goodwill type options, not to mention malls, so ebay will have to do 'til I go visit my mom (about 45 min away) to shop. I actually visit my mom about once a week, but usually don't make time for shopping. Sometime next month, I'll have to do that. There are like 3 thrift stores in her town and a small mall. I can go get some clothes for the holidays. We don't really dress up a lot for holiday gatherings, but some nice casual clothes that fit well would be great!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:07 AM   #515  
Go Blue Team!

Ms. P - YAY!!!!!! Congrats on the huge victory!!!!!!!
Old 10-29-2009, 11:14 AM   #516  

S/C/G: 142/ticker/122

Height: 5'7"

Kim & MsP - awesome work getting in to smaller jeans! That's AWESOME! And MsP - Congrats on the scale victory as well! Way to go hitting your goal!

There's no possible way I'll hit my goal of 125lbs (not safely, anyway) but I'm proud of my efforts and am happy with the changes seen in my body. I'm scared that I'll blow it all on my vacation that starts next Wednesday and that I'll never get back on track once I return since vacation was my main motivator. I think I'm going to announce a 5K race next spring that I will participate in so that everyone I know will help keep me accountable. Just need to figure out which one(s) I want to do!
ShrinkingAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:23 AM   #517  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning!

Amy - Oh I hope the scale starts working in your favour soon, these lower numbers are cruel!

Shasha - Hope you're all back on track and such at least her birthday is only once a year and you've lost 15lbs and still doing good! Congrats on the running! You're running that's incredible, great for you and figners crossed on the progress, can't wait to hear.

MsP - LOL I was thinking the exact thing the other day, does my scale even have a 140 on it? OMG I see a 139 on your ticker, congrats and I will read further!!!!! It's like the holy grail, it does exsist! LOL, thanks so much Oh that's a fantastic alternative, I just did that yesterday in fact, afternoon runs with light are rather nice. LMAO, gosh I hear ya on those 0.2's they're good but really now, let's see some big ones shall we. Holy cow on the weight loss for dh too, that's fantastic, omg! Good for him and great for you holding up that inspirational light too.

Jessicado - Glad everything worked out fairly well with your man adventures and congrats on the clothes! Good luck keeping up with all those orders but what a nice problem to have, lol.

Sandye - Thanks so much my dear, it was a rather exciting day and has really pepped me up a bit, this all seems like bonus pounds now. I'm finding the extra sleep helpful as well I think you're on to something there, just sneaking in a few extra hours here and there helps to not make me as irritated with the exercise anyway. Well you should probably be done painting by now so I will read on, lol. OMG does someone have her mojo back? Better keep reading. Oh it appears you do have your mojo and lol on hubby. That's where mine's going too once we get finished with the babies. Glad it was negative, maybe they should put a warning label on the p90 box, may cause loss of period unrelated to pregnancy. Mine's still gone but it has until the very end of the month until I count it as missed again.

Kim - That's an awesome loss .6 is hard work goodness knows. I hope you're at least feeling better and back to your regular self for that last push to goal Goodness, I hope you grab that prescription soon, had that when I wa pregnant and I thought I was going to die.

Sweettooth - OMgoodness, you're super close to those 160's just around the corner, can't wait!

JasonsLea - Glad you caught it hun, we are all guilty of that from time to time but when we recognize it we get that chance to figure out what the heck we're doing so BRAVO!

Miss Mallee - Congrats on that potential interview, good work and some great payoff for sore feet Woohoo on 213, you're getting ever so close to that 199 too and with so much going on, WTG!

FitGirlyGirl - on your goal, that's fantastic. That is going to be so cool going to see the family and you're all skinny and such. I just love that feeling! I agree with MsP, slight increases feel like moving forward without getting overwhelmed. You could also try increasing intensity of exsisting workouts to make them harder.

Cle - Hiya Chickie

SG - you're a doll my dear, it seems like yesterday (or more like June 26, lol) when I reached 199 and it sure doesn't take that long in the grand scheme of things, just in out minds. Vegitarian is good, lol, the brainwashing has begun. I found the same thing too, it started as an experiement and now I can't imagine eating it anymore.

Nella - I can't imagine you gained weight eating 1500 unless you were licking salt blocks or something. I hope you got your walk in, that will definitely help get the head space right for sure. There's nothing like a good walk to figure stuff out. Let us know how the interview went, that would be awesome, it's soo nice when we get to do what we love or at least what we don't hate. And finally, move your butt! Get out there and take care of you, you'll be a better wife, mom and all that good stuff, life will always suck from time to time but no reason to treat yourself badly as a result. Oh look at you running too! wtg, nothing burns those calories like running

LaurenA - LOL, that's so very true, saying NO isn't a bad thing, it's liberating! Bad choices are opportunities to learn and grow and make better ones next time

Going to post so I don't lose this...
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:39 AM   #518  

Height: 6'1

Good morning ladies. So yesterday was my progress check up appointment with my trainer. I knew I was down on my scale, but I hoped that it would reflect in the measurements as well. I weighed in at 245.5 on the gym scale, so thats about 5lbs more than mine at home (but I figure with shoes, clothes and time of day, thats about right). So I lost 9.5lbs of fat and gained almost 3lbs in muscle. So he said that in total, I really lost 12lbs. I'm happy with that because I know sometimes even if we lose weight, it doesn't necessarily mean that its fat we're losing. So I hope that I can do really well until Thanksgiving when I see my parents because last time my mom saw me, I was 250-something.
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:48 AM   #519  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Jen7 - What a wonderfully uplifting post first thing in the morning, thank you for that! I have to agree so much with what you said, it's so much more than weight and it takes a lot more than eating right to get it off too.

FSA - Howdy there! So glad you're back and hope you're doing better with "things"

Kim - Whooot! on them little pants girl. That always feels like a million bucks, enjoy showing off that little behind all day

Nella - Oh enjoy you free time you lucky devil you, that's always soo nice every now and again.

MsP- Fanfrickintastic, we're like goal twins this month, lol. I quite literally know exactly how you feel and I hope you get a chance to broaden the waredrobe soon, it's hard not having clothes that fit these hard earned bodies.

Gosh, I feel like I've been gone forever, but only one day longer than I planned, I read up yesterday but didn't have time with playgroup and busy day.

So the overnight waterpark stay was marvelous, it's also nice to wear a swimsuit and not be the least bit worried about whether ppl are staring at you because although I don't have my head on right yet I know I look normal to other people, just not to me yet. I got some nice laps in while dh and dd were watersliding and it was very quite at the pool which was also nice. Dinner was great and OP so even better, did drink some diet pepsi though and felt like a whale, it's been 3 months since I had ate anything carbonated, omg.

We went shopping on Tuesday and had a few wonderful weight loss moments, MsP was right size 8 fits!!! We went to the super mall in Edmonton and I tried on and bought some size 8's at the Gap and we went to the Hollister store for dh and just for kicks I tired on a 9 there (b/c if anyone has shopped there they know that it's the freaky land of the skinny ppl) and they fit too! I was shocked, I was thinking it was going to be muffin top and camel toe all over the place but they just fit just like they were supposed to and it was frickin' marvelous. Standing there looking in the mirror at Hollister, I just couldn't believe it, the sales lady came back to check if I was ok b/c I was taking so long with only a few items but I just couldn't wrap my head around it. I know I'm smaller and I could see that but I just stood there absorbing it for awhile. I never thought at 154lbs I'd be an 8, never, I was guessing 10lbs from here but then again, I've never been here before.

So that was just an amazing day all around, it was a tad overwhelming since I could shop at almost every store in the entire mall, I don't know how you girls do it, so many choices! And I've always been such a fashion person that I don't know what I'm going to do with myself when I can actually buy clothes I get to keep! The other big moment was this morning, 153, that's 70lbs done, wow, just wow. So one more pound to hit goal this month which I really thought was totally out of the question at the beginning of last week but it's close and only 3 days left so I better get up and busy and burn some calories!

Have a brilliant day ladies and I plan to do the same.

Last edited by Tummy Girl; 10-29-2009 at 01:43 PM.
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:57 PM   #520  
Go Blue Team!

Tummy - That is so awesome! All of it!! The clothes, the goals, the 70 pounds gone, all of it!!!! Keep rockin' it girl!!

p.s. - The scale was back down a bit today to 172.6. I think I'm just holding a lot of water. And I'm pumped about my walk/jog tonight!!!!
Old 10-29-2009, 01:16 PM   #521  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Kim - I don’t have the Wii Fit Plus, I have the original, but I like it. It’s fun and I get a pretty decent calorie burn from it. The hula hoop game is also a great ab exercise. I have PCOS, so I am used to sometimes having very long TOM, but it is still quite annoying. You should try adding some protein to your breakfast. Almost every morning for me is ¾ cup special k protein plus, 8 oz. skim milk, 8 oz. V8, 6 oz. low carb yogurt, and ¼ cup egg beaters - total is still only 340 calories, but it has 36g protein. I eat breakfast at 7:30-8:00 in the morning. I try to eat lunch at 12 or 1. I usually never need a snack in between and am sometimes so full that I have to break my lunch into 2 snacks instead of 1 meal. Congrats on the jeans!

Shasha - Congrats on starting C25K. I am in week 4 (going into my second week of week 4, grrr). I am loving it so far, I hope you do too. If in week 3 or so you have to cut your speed down a bit, don’t feel bad, happened to me. I figure once I can run for the amount of time then I will work on speed, though I do a bit of speed work with some sprints some days - up to 7mph for 30 seconds at a time. Congrats on meeting your goal and having an awesome weigh in.

FSA - Thanks for posting the list, it’s great to see my goal all red, woohoo!

Nella - Glad you like the Wii Fit. I have the original, not plus and I love it. I’m thinking of moving up to the plus one, but there are a few other games I want to spend the $$ on first - like the Biggest Loser game.

Jen - I’m glad your grandmother is recovering well. It’s also good that you are starting to get inward change as well as the physical, congrats! Congrats on being a positive influence on your boyfriend as well.

Ms P - Congrats on needing to be made red! Another big congrats for the jeans, that’s awesome! You are in single digits, that must feel amazing. I hope you have given yourself some serious congrats.

Amy - You just need a new motivator. The 5K can work as a good one. You could also just go ahead and start planning for your next vacation. Think of how much easier it will be to be ready for it with all the extra time.

Tummy - I’m glad the water park trip was a success and look there, another one in single digits. Congrats and I do hope you rewarded yourself.

I seem to be semi stuck on the 193. Today is my 3rd day of it. I know that’s not long, but for me it is, even if it blips up a little and then goes back down my weight rarely stays exactly the same for 2 days, let alone 3. I usually see a loss of .1 or .2 each day. Oh well, I am being a good girl and the scale will eventually be my friend again. I know I shouldn’t weight myself every day, but I know me and if I don’t make it part of my morning routine then I will end up forgetting about it until it has been months and I will possibly miss some problems, so every day it is for me. I am going to have to buy another tape measure since either the cats or my mother-in-law have stolen mine. I am so happy happy happy today. Last night I was talking to hubby and he was telling me how he has noticed that things have gotten easier since he started going to the gym with me and exercising a bit. He has noticed that things like walking up the stairs, moving desks at work, and even sex are less physically tiring. He also noticed that nights when he doesn’t get 8 hours of sleep don’t seem to effect him as much. I am so happy to hear him noticing that the exercise has benefits. I am hoping that means he will keep it up and maybe even increase it a little. Who knows maybe it will lead to him eating better too. His dinner meal is always his healthiest because I cook it, but he adds too much salt and frequently multiple spoons of butter, and follows it with things like ¼ - ½ a tube of raw cookie dough plus some oreos (last night‘s snack) and sometimes eats what I would consider 4 or 5 servings of cheese at once, he puts probably 1 1/3 cups of sugar in his 64 oz. coffee thermos, and on the rare occasion when he does cook for himself it makes me cringe. He rarely eats any breakfast and his lunch is not the greatest. I am so happy to see hope for his lifestyle becoming healthier because I am so scared that he won’t be around to grow old with me. I am starting to see some hope that the boy might not have a heart attack by 45. Woohoo, hubby is motivated! He even told me a few minutes ago that it is ok if I go to the gym early in order to go to my meeting tonight, that he will still go by himself while I'm off at the meeting.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 02:42 PM   #522  

S/C/G: 178/162.4/130

Height: 5'6

I am so close to 160s. I weighed in at 170.2 today from 171 earlier this week. yayy.
sweettooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:19 PM   #523  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Tummy-We ARE almost like goal twins....SO SO exciting to read your amazing news!! Your trip sounds like it was great! I love those kinds of trips with the family. It's been too long since we've done one, but time has gotten away from us. Obviously with the holidays coming up soon, we'll have plenty of other travel to deal with, so I guess we'll have to wait until next year.

Sweettooth-Yay on the scale progress! Just keep at it and it will come off.

FitGirlyGirl-WOW on dh's food habits! SO glad to hear he's slowly getting on board. It's baby steps sometimes. Maybe he could start measuring the sugar or butter..not tell him how much to use, just make him aware of how much he's using. It might convince him to cut back a bit. I can't have oreos in my house or I would down them. Bravo to you for resisting, but maybe you could get rid of them so he can't snack on them. There are many healthier options. My DH does well with portioned desserts like ice cream treats or snack cakes that are portioned out. Just a thought. Keep up the good efforts!

I gotta go for now to get the kiddos. Hope ya'll have great afternoons!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:06 PM   #524  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'0"

Hello ladies glad you all are doing well. I have not been posting lately I guess I am just really down on myself this last week or so. It seems since Thanksgiving I got sick and just can't seem to get my eating under control. I mean I do well for a couple of days and then I bake bread, cake or cookies. Sometimes I just think I am never going to get this down should I just quit am I truely destined to just be fat for the rest of my life... I want to change so badly and then it seems like I just have no will power to do this. Am I just a lost cause??? Help please I need a serious kick in the bootie...

Congrats to all of you that have met your goals I am so proud of all of you. Have a great day
mystical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:42 PM   #525  
Go Blue Team!

Mystical - There ya go!!! You CAN do it. You just have to set your mind to it. We all get down, but we have to just do it!