Old 10-13-2009, 11:46 AM   #286  

S/C/G: 210/160/140

Height: 5'4

Hey girls I have caught up in my reading sorta lol, It is inspiring to read your posts, and hear about new recipies, tips, and seeing the struggles I go though daily!
IDREAM- I am checking out the active living website you posted, I love new recipies, and watching rachel ray right now lol!
I would love to eat a little more organtic and natural, but I find it hard to convince my bf of the same, and it is a little more costly.
Anyways girls I am going out for a walk and take advantage of some of this fall sun! Good luck in the week ahead!
jen7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:49 AM   #287  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 311/Ticker/175

Height: 5'6''

Good morning ladies! It is raining here which makes me very happy because 1. its raining and 2. it is a break from 90 degree weather! Yesterday was my first time at the gym on campus and oh my it is gorgeous! The person I went with I don't know that well but she is a major pusher! I thought I was going to die but she just kept on telling me to keep going and even after being away from exercising for about 3 months I still did 16 min on the elliptical, a mile on the treadmill at speed 3 and then quite a bit of strength so needless to say, I was hurting! I was worried about today, but no real pain, just that great feeling of a little bit of tension in some muscles, which is fine because I'm taking the day off from the gym today. I forgot how much I enjoy this feeling after the workout. Other than that, we went out for dinner last night and I didn't eat too bad... passed on alcohol, and came home to a nice spice birthday cake which I had a small piece of and I told my boyfriend he is taking half of it to work with him and a quarter of it will go to other people. I don't need that in the house! Being back to watching what I eat (really thinking about it rather than eyeballing) and exercising again is really making me feel back in balance. It is even helping me study harder! Its day 2, but its all coming back like I never stopped.
Gekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 12:47 PM   #288  

Height: 6'1

Gekster- oh lucky! They keep saying its going to rain here in LA but all we got was a weak little drizzle on my drive home from work yesterday. I miss the rain, esp in wintertime. It supposed to rain here today and tomorrow. Although maybe I shouldn't ask for it too much, as traffic is waaay worse on rainy days.
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 12:49 PM   #289  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Ok, so I'm not very good at frequent posting.

Congrats to everyone who has lost weight/inches/clothing sizes. Those of you with setbacks, I really hope things turn around soon.

I'm not sure who it was that posted the recipe for the turkey spinach meatloaf roll, but whoever it was - thank you. I didn't do it as a roll, I did a layer of meat then spinach and cheese then more meat and a litle more cheese topped with a bit of the bread crumbs I had reserved. It was awesome and huby loved it too. We're planning to do it with other meats and veggies as well - on our list to try are chicken with kale and carrots, turkey with pumkin and cranberries, corned beef with cabbage, and venison with broccoli. I may use ButterflyDivas idea of making muffin loaves next time so that I can make mine with more veggies and his with more cheese and both of ours spicier than his mother's. So thank you Butterfly for that idea.

Jessicado - I can't wait until I can run 20 minutes. I just finished C25K Week 2 and I was quite proud of myself to be able to run 90 seconds at a time 5times.

iDream - thanks for posting the muffin recipe. Those sound yummy. I think I might try them as my weekend treat this week.

I have lost 5 pounds so far in October, so I am over half way to my October goal - 3 more pounds to go. That's even with my very rare treat of (sorry Jellofer) McDonald's. I had chicken nuggets, which I had not had since March or so, I'm not sure.

A non weight centered goal I have for October is to try at least 1 new recipe each week. I cooked 2 new things last week, so I'm proud of that. I made the turkey spinach loaf, which was awesome. I also cooked a cow tongue (at hubby's request), which he found awesome and I did not. Oh well, at least I tried it and I've learned how to cook it for him.

Ok, off to the elliptical!
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 01:47 PM   #290  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Afternoon ladies!!!

SG~ Congrats on the new treadmill!!! That's awesome! Weren't your ILs supposed to give you theirs though? Either way, that's fantastic! No backing out of exercise now right? I'm actually about 2 clicks away from ordering some body fat % calipers--I'm suddenly quite interested in just how much fat I have going on under my ol' skin. I'm definitely needing to do some research--hubby's a bit concerned though, he's starting to worry about my constant interest in exercising and all this 'healthy stuff' . M'kay...Have fun at your massage tonight! I envy you! My dad bought me a massage once but it was right after I had the girls, I was all post partum-y and feeling terrible about my body and the masseuse was some young hunky guy...I never did get that massage!

Jen7~ isn't that blog neat? Watch out though, she shares links to other recipes she finds and before you know it, you've killed 2 hours and surfed 10 other blogs!! I hear ya on trying to convince the men to eat better--I don't dare try to serve hubby anything without meat in it! He starts going on and on about how we're the more evolved species and how he doesn't want to be eating what his food should be eating... Whatever. I tell him tough ta tas and make him eat it anyway. He grumbles and stuff, but he'll be the first one up to get himself some more (like in the case of the butternut squash lasagna! ).

Gekster~ Mom told me you guys were getting some rain! Ahhh, I remember how much I loved those rainstorms! It seems like it never rains there doesn't it? If you ever want some rain, just head out my way! Glad to hear you have a workout partner! That's awesome! Sounds like you're falling right back into place with eating right and working out! And once again, Happy Birthday!! Mmm...spice cake is the BOMB!!!

Shasha~ yeah, rain down your way and bad drivers-- I'd be a nervous wreck driving down there! Hope you're having a great day girlie!

FitGirlyGirl~ That'd be me--glad you liked it! Neat idea layering it! Hubby kept saying it tasted sour to him--I'm convinced he was sick or something because I ate it 2 nights in a row and it didn't taste even the littlest bit sour--he's weird. You could also do mini meatloaves as well--just shape them like hamburger patties and bake them. I made some for the kids that same night that way and they turned out great. Neat ideas for the different combos! I'll have to try some of them! You're doing great this month! Woo hoo!

Well, got my shower in, kitchen cleaned and laundry started--so same ol' same ol' here.

I have been on a soup/stew kick since the cooler weather has hit--2 weeks ago I made split pea soup (vegetarian), last week it was spicy lentil soup (also vegetarian) and today I had a hankerin' for chili so I made chicken chili. Mmmm, all hot and spicy and gooooooooooooooood! I would have make it vegetarian too, but hubby wouldn't touch it and I'm not sure I want chili every day for lunch so I need help eating it (the kids won't eat it because it's too spicy). Anyway, because I'm feeling like sharing, here's the recipe:

Sandye's Chicken Chili (yes, I made it up my own self--as my dd would say )

1/2 cup chopped onion
4 cloves of garlic chopped/minced (you can add less or more of course)
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 can of stewed tomatoes (these were the 14.5 oz cans I believe)
1 can of red beans drained and rinsed
1 can of kidney beans drained and rinsed (use whatever type of beans you want)
8 oz of cooked chicken breast chopped
2 tbsp cumin
2 tbsp chili powder
garlic and onion powder to taste--I just shook 'em until it looked good--you can leave this out if you want, but I like my chili SPICY
pepper to taste (I forgot mine)
**Water--if chili seems too thick when you add chicken, just add a bit of water**

Spray medium pot with non-stick spray (I use Olive Oil spray--you can use regular olive oil of course, but cals and fat will go up), heat pan to med-high heat. Add onions and garlic and cook until softened. Add tomatoes, and spices--bring to a boil and let simmer for about 5 minutes breaking up the tomatoes as it cooks. After the tomatoes are the right consistency for you (some like to leave big ol' tomato bits in there) add the beans, let simmer for another 5 mins or so then add chicken, simmer for 10 more minutes. I added 1/2 cup of water at this point thinking it was too thick--I could have just put in 1/4 cup or maybe none at all, but well, that's what I did.

Add pepper to taste.

Yields a little over 7 cups at 179 cals and 2.14 gms fat per cup. I added some fat free cheese and a little fat free sour cream to garnish.

Well ladies, that's it from me. I'm off to drink some more water, clean up my lunch mess and fold me some laundry!!
Hope everyone is having a great day!!!

Last edited by iDream; 10-13-2009 at 01:49 PM.
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 01:58 PM   #291  

Height: 6'1

Sandye- Thanks for all the awesome sounding recipes you have been sharing with us. I think I'm going to try that turkey with spinach roll this weekend.
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 03:26 PM   #292  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

jessicado22~ Wow! 20 minutes is awesome! Great job!

Nella~ You’re losing weight for one of the best reasons! Not only to create a healthier you, but to ensure that you have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby!

jellofer2
~

GivTLC~ I really like your idea of trying a new healthy recipe every week!

ShrinkingAmy~ TOM is my worst enemy… That’s really awesome that your DH is supportive!

Imdedicated~ Hi!

Late to the game~ Vegas sounds like it was a blast!

Ms Perception~ Good to hear you’re feeling better!

iDream
~ CONGRATULATIONS on getting back to goal!!! The muffins sound really yummy! I have 2 soup favorites that are both WW recipes, Chicken Tortilla soup and Cheesy Chili Mac that are amazing if you ever want the recipe.

Shrinking Girl~ Sweetness on getting a treadmill!!! Let us know how your massage goes! I’ve been thinking about getting one (my sister is a masseuse, but it’s just to creepy of an idea to let her give me a massage…)…

jen7~ Try buying some organic foods and cooking them without telling your bf… a lot of people don’t even notice the difference. Organic is better, but I can’t afford to buy 100% organic either, so just try to pick out the most important stuff. I buy all my veggies and fruit organic as I grew up on an organic berry farm and know a lot about why the chemicals used on big produce farms are so harmful. Most other food, unless it’s on sale, I just buy generic to save money.

Gekster~ Great idea getting the cake out of your house and your workout buddy sounds like an awesome person to go to the gym with!

FitGirlyGirl~ Congrats on 5 lbs.!!! You are getting so close to goal and can definitely get there!

So I woke up to some very wet snow this morning which made for an interesting drive down the mountain. Of course I got stuck behind an out-of-stator who has apparently never driven in snow as they drove 20 MPH all the way down the mountain. We still hiked into the woods today, but are getting closer to wrapping up our time in the woods, with tomorrow hopefully being our last day. As of right now I am winning the schools TBL challenge, which is pretty cool. We’re only in week 1 right now, but I am hoping to maintain my lead. I love being competitive, so it’s really helpful that two of my close quarters co-workers are also doing the challenge, and we are constantly asking one another about whether or not we have been staying OP. I actually surprised myself today by bringing too much food. I’ve been told that I’m still not eating enough fruit, so I brought an apple, a pear, and a plum all sliced up today and ate each one throughout the morning… and I was stuffed. I didn’t even touch my cereal! Normally I could eat a whole box of cereal and still want more… maybe my stomach is getting smaller!

Have a good night everyone!
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 03:58 PM   #293  

S/C/G: 310/169/155

Sorry can't stay to post long as I just got in from work and have to run again, but just wanted to stop in and whine....Stupid freaking scale was up 2 pounds this morning. I knew that 3 1/2 pound loss yesterday was too good to be true...so now I am 247.5 but I am not changing my ticker, so there. Since last month my weight loss has seemed to have really stalled....I am not doing anything differently other than working out more strenuously the past month since I got my gym membership. Maybe I need to up my calories? I dunno....
Anyways..feeling pissy again today now, lol. Stayed POP yesterday foodwise and didn't eat that late night popcorn, so was mad when the scale didn't reward me for such a great feat, lol.

No time to do everyone's personals, but SG--LMAO for like a minute when you said that you came on here and demanded applause and a band for a week....I might be a little less pissy now so thanks, lol.
jessicado22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 04:32 PM   #294  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'0"

Ok ladies just a quick post today. I made it through Thanksgiving "YEAH" we got signed up to the gym finally. We will be going tonight since they were closes for the holiday.

I had my weigh in this morning and I am up a couple of pounds but with the holiday dinner and TOM hitting me last night I am not suprised by that. Even though I'm not feeling great today we are still going to make it to the gym. I am feeling so good about that can't wait to get going wish me luck ladies
mystical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:53 PM   #295  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Sandye-Danged if I can't find the turkey mini meatloaf recipe. I've actually got a file I've made for recipes from here and related sites. Can you please tell me what page it's on or where I can find it? The lasagna was a hit with the IL's, but DH wasn't a big fan. The kids even liked it. DS took seconds! DH does NOT like squash, so kudos to him for at least trying it. I think it's a good recipe for nights when DH has to work late.

mystical-Excellent for getting to the gym even when you're not 100%. I know that takes determination, but it's always fun to try a new gym!

jessica-Just think...you still netted a 1.5 pound loss! That's wonderful!!

kim-Cool about the fruit! I LOVE cereal too, but it's also important to get that fruit in!

Gotta go and get some rest and finish planning meals and stuff. G'night girls!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:45 PM   #296  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies!

I'm still alive and kicking just unexpectedly busy today and again tomorrow. Made it through thanksgiving with flying colours and my pie in the afternoon was fantastic so I will share it when I get a moment to type it out. I'll try to get caught up tomorrow morning the best I can but I need to go to bed so I can get up at 5 and run.

Oh and just because hard work and patience pay off, this morning 159.6 , after thanksgiving dinner and pie. New decades are beautiful things. Caught ya all tomorrow.

Oh and Sandye - my greatest recommendation of all is to read "The China Study" by Dr. Colin Campbell. I have literally bought 10 copies and mailed them to all the pepole I love and want to be healthy for a long time to come. I'll go check my library and see what else there is, lol. That one for sure though, if nothing else.

Last edited by Tummy Girl; 10-13-2009 at 10:48 PM.
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:41 AM   #297  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Tummy-I know you mentioned the book for Sandye, but I wrote the name down anyway. I always appreciate information about healthy living and such especially when I have days like the one I had Monday. Keeps me focused on the "big picture". BTW, on losing weight on Thanksgiving! That is impressive. I can't wait to get that pie recipe and add it too my monthly challenge "recipe book". One more cold weather running question...what do you do to keep your face from freezing? I haven't been wearing anything on my face yet, but I think I should. It's pretty darn cold on my skin! We're supposed to get a little warm up this next week, but I can still be prepared for the next spell of below-freezing days.

Sandye-I saw you said the Polar F4 was on clearance. Where did you see it on clearance? I may be able to talk DH into the purchase if it's a little more reasonable. Maybe!

I'm off to spend the day with my mom today. I'm gonna do my run over there so I don't have to run in the dark. She can watch DD while I enjoy a nice run in the morning without fear. I've had more animals cross my path during runs lately and it just freaks me out a little! Anyway, then we're headed to Goodwill for winter gear. I CANNOT find my box with all the kids' boots and gloves! So annoying to have to buy stuff I already have but that's probably burried somewhere in our storage unit. I searched and searched for it, but no luck. Oh well... It'll be fun to see what treasures I can dig up there. Maybe I'll even find some costume ideas! Have a wonderful day, ladies! I know I plan to!!
P.S. Got back down to my lowest weight of 142.4 this morning which was really good. I calculated and I have not been eating even close to enough calories. I don't know why I kept thinking I should eat less and less, but now I'm back on track with more food and hopefully more weight loss as a result!

Last edited by Ms Perception; 10-14-2009 at 08:43 AM.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:42 AM   #298  

Good morning ladies!!!!

Shasha~ it's my pleasure! I'm just glad you're all putting up with my cooking/baking talk!

KimL~ Ooh, I'd love the chicken tortilla soup recipe! Hubby loves tortilla soup and he'd be thrilled if I actually made something he likes! Woo hoo on being in the lead for TBL contest!! What's the prize for winning (besides the lost weight and feeling great of course )? Darn out of state drivers! Actually, that'd be me! I have been here 2 years and haven't really driven in the snow much and the tires on my van have horrible traction so I'd probably have driven 20 mph down the mountain too.

Jessica~ could be that you're retaining due to new muscle or not enough water--I'm pretty sure you didn't gain fat that fast! How many cals are you eating these days? Perhaps you do need to up them a bit. I upped mine once I made my goal and of course I binged and need to lose the extra weight--but I didn't lower my calories to do it. I kept eating at the same level I had been once I hit goal. Did any of that make any sense? I'm not properly caffeinated yet. Either way, sorry to hear about the gain, but I'm sure it's just a fluctuation and it'll be gone in no time!

Mystical~ Glad to hear you had a nice Thanksgiving! I bet your dishes were a hit! Congrats on signing up for the gym! Your enthusiasm is awesome!

MsP~ Glad most of the family liked the lasagna! I had some last night Here's the recipe for the meatloaf: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Spinach...ll/Detail.aspx I hope you like that one too! It was a little bland--although that was partially because I was out of Oregano--so if you like a bolder flavor, be sure to add some more spices to it.

Tummy~ I was wondering where you were yesterday! Yeehaw girlie! A New Decade!!! That's awesome--and might I say, about dang time! You've been wobbling on the edge of this new decade for a while now! Way to tough it out!!!! Thanks for the book recommendation! I've heard of that one, I'll have to see if the Library has it. I went poking around Beachbody.com last night and wow is there a lot of info! I'm not doing the nutrition plan yet--just keeping to how I'm eating now, but I'm trying to read up on it as much as I can to see what I need to change or if I even should. I just need more time in my day so that I can read, read, read!!! I ended up finding the nutrition guide on line, but I still wish I had it in paper form so I could kick back on the couch and read it instead of sitting in front of the computer, kwim? Hope you had a great run this morning and that you stayed warm!!!

Well girls, it's Wednesday and we're already half way through the month!!! Geez, time is flying!!! Everyone is doing great! Just keep up the great work and keep moving forward!!!

Down a bit more today, 134.4 so I've almost gotten rid of all the crazy binge weight off of me. Whew. Got my 3 miles in today even though I really, really, really did not want to do it. I wanted to run outside so bad, but it was raining pretty good and windy and cold--and I'm too much of a wimp to brave it so...the treadmill had to do. Sigh...I almost stopped 3 times to walk, but I just kept saying to myself, "Self, suck it up and just do it! It's not like you're feeling cruddy or in pain--you're just feeling lazy! So stop complaining and just DO IT!!!" thankfully, I listened to myself.

Heading to McDonald's for a playdate today--yeah, not exactly my favorite place to head for a playdate, but I'm tired of being in the house and the girls and I need some social interaction!!! No worries about me straying off plan--McDonald's just doesn't do anything for me.

Other than that, my friend might come over and join us on the playdate, we'll see.

Well girls, guess I better get my shower in so I can be prepared in case my friend does come over. I'll catch you all later!!! Be sure to be good to yourself and don't forget to...

Drink Your Water!!!
Old 10-14-2009, 08:47 AM   #299  

MsP~ Amazon has them for $79.00 but I think I had seen them online at Walmart for maybe $74? They're not online anymore, but maybe the store has some stock left. I think I paid $90 for mine, so either way, they're cheaper than they were.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:49 AM   #300  

MsP~ Here's another one for $72 http://www.jomashop.com/pof4wase.html

Last edited by iDream; 10-14-2009 at 08:50 AM.