Old 10-19-2009, 09:16 AM   #376  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Ladies!!!

Nello~ hun, I'm glad to see you posting! I'm sorry you're feeling mopey--I think there's something in the air...I hope you're feeling better soon and yes, do come check in with us!! We'll do whatever we can to help hun!

Tummy~ hope your soups came out yummy!! I'm trying a black bean soup recipe (I think) today...either that or split pea...hmm...Isn't weather weird? We've been below average for 26 days straight and this week we're supposed to get a warm up (hopefully we'll get the trim on our house painted!!!) I'm glad because Mom is coming out and I'd love some better walking around weather ya know? Hahaha, no, the basement isn't even remotely close to being done...more on that later. Aww, your hubby is so sweet bringing home a stray kitty. I'm sort of 50/50 on cats, but I'm currently trying to sweet talk hubby into getting one. Our kids would really love a pet and I'd rather not pick up dog poo! YUCK! And if I can buy one of those automatic liter boxes, I could avoid poo all together! We'll see though...

Jellofer
~ sooo, how's the cold? Did it finally leave you alone enough for you to go out with hubby? I hope so! I'm interested to see what all your blood work says after 2 months! Hubby needs to go back to get his done, but I'm worried that if they come back okay he'll think he doesn't need to change anything, just keep on taking his meds sigh...Sounds like you had a great night with your BFF! And congrats on the loss! You will ABSOLUTELY make your goal hun! I'm sure of it!!

GivTLC~ love, love, love the attitude!!! WI's are great and serve their purpose, but what's better than staying on plan and feeling fantastic about the choices you've made, regardless of what the scale says? Nothin'!!! Having said that, congrats on the good WI day! You're having an awesome month!

SG~ Target is the too many temptations lurking! Cookies...still can't do 'em. If it's some healthy-ish type I can, but even oatmeal raisin isn't safe near me!! Especially lately, I've been having crazy cravings! Ya know, I felt exactly the same way about setting my goal. 150 is where I was when I got married. 135 was where I was when I was 19 and in rockin' shape (although still thinking at the time that I was HUGE! Crazy huh?). I never, ever thought I'd be 150 again, let alone 135!!! But I set my goal for 150 and just kept plugging along. I couldn't handle a number bigger than 50 lbs (I was 200 at the time), and I'm glad I set that goal. I have complete faith that you (and MsP) will make your goal and when that time comes you can re-evaluate. And ya know what? I KNOW you can make any goal you set for yourself. I just KNOW it! And lastly, congrats on your new dancing fatty!!! He's so cute jiggling around down there off your sexy bod!

natamars
~ Congrats for starting your journey you've found a great group here so jump right on in and good luck on your goals!!

KimL
~ Hope you're feeling better today! I'm sick and tired of everyone being sick already--and it's not even Winter yet! Blech! Hope you got in lots of rest and kicked that cold to the curb where it belongs!

HeyHeyGabby
~ congrats on doing so well!!! Ya know, I'm kind of glad you brought that question up, I've been wondering the same thing. I was 200 when I started my journey and 196 when I started posting here--I've always wondered if I should change my SW to 200...hmm...sorry I don't have an answer for you, but I'm sure the girls will chime in and maybe help us both out.

takarixvx~ It's never too late!!! Jump right on in and good luck with your goals!!

MsP~ how's the foot today? Oh I hope it's nothing major, maybe just a little stiff and sore? Good idea listening to your mom! I hope that resting it did the trick!! Ooooh, only .8 teensy little pounds to go to a healthy BMI!!! That's so exciting!!! Congrats!!!

Mystical~ Hiya hun! I was wondering where you went! Glad to hear everything is going well with you! on going to the gym!!! And getting your life in order!!! Hey, what's that like anyway? Hope to see you around more hun!

FitGirlyGirl
~ On the running!!! Hey listen, we're all at different points in our exercise, don't ever think that your accomplishments aren't fantastic just because you're not running for an hour straight! We've all got room for growth and improvement and that's what's so great about this! So BRAVO for all that running!!! And for the record, when I managed to run for a minute straight (looking like a drunken fool on my treadmill) I came here and shouted it from the roof tops! I was so stinkin' excited! Keep up the great work!!

Jessica~ so glad we were able to beat some sense into you about your compliment! Mmm, cake! Congrats on the AMAZING loss this month so far!! Holy schmoly!!! You're just shrinking away! Hope you have a nice time with the ex and we'll see you in a couple of days.

dcapulet
~ oooh, it's a good thing you chimed in! I was totally going to call you out this morning! Congrats on your 5K!!! Sooo, got any pics?! Do ya? If so, you gotta post 'em!!! And woo hoo on the upcoming 10K!! That's awesome!!! Glad you popped in! We've missed ya!

shasha~ oooh, rock climbing? You're braver than I am! Hope you had a great weekend!

Cle~ Oh YAY!! I'm so glad the party was so fun!! What a beautiful bunch of women! My word! Your mom looks waaaaaaay too young to have 3 grown girls!! So glad she was surprised and that no one spilled the beans! And that cake...well, as I always say: Mmmm, cake!!! Great job getting right back on plan too! Your weekend sounds like it was fantastic!!

Well girls, as you see I never made it back for personals this weekend. Things just got busy and hubby ended up in a grouchy mood all day yesterday so needless to say it wasn't the most fantastic weekend ever.

I had to take pics for that lady on Saturday and while I was gone hubby ordered pizza!! I am irked at him about that. He needs to stop eating like he's a teenager and thinking that he can get away with it without any lasting effects. Grrr...but that's all I'm going to say about that, I don't want to open up that can.

Also Ry had a diorama to make for his spider project and there was another Target run (to exchange stuff) and a Sam's Club run as well, so the basement got put on hold AGAIN! However, hubby did make the shelves and while we were at Sam's I found the interlocking mats I've been looking for--and they weren't crazy expensive either!! so that's the silver lining I'll be looking at.

Anyway, I'm down a bit more today, 133.6 and that's with TOM right around the corner, not getting in nearly enough water yesterday, absolutely no exercise (not even the stretching) and eating nearly 1800 cals yesterday!! Who knows what that's all about, but I'm taking it.

I have decided to take one week off from cardio. I have been feeling 'exercised out' so to speak and I haven't felt like I've had it in me, ya know? Not to mention I'm way behind in so much stuff and need to get everything back on track. So, no running or HIIT this week--just P90X. I hope this doesn't come back to bite me in the butt, but I just need it ya know? I have been agonizing over it for a couple of weeks and last week I was just obsessing over it. I don't want this to be the start of any type of backsliding or, heaven forbid, weight gain!! So, next week, will you ladies promise to me if I don't jump right back in with cardio at least 3 days a week? Please?

Like I have to ask you ladies to open up a can of whoop arse on me!

Okay, well, I better get going. I'm going to take this week to get as much cleaning and organizing done as possible so that I can stop feeling like I'm drowning in everyday stuff.

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and that you have an awesome Monday!!! Now get out there and have a great day and don't forget to...

Drink Your Water!!!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:32 AM   #377  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Cle-Yay! So glad the party went well and thanks for sharing the pics! Looks great!! Check that off your list, huh? Now on with life... Keep up the healthy work you've started!

Tummy-At the rate I'm going you may get to "healthy" first. I am keeping up with the running, but taking it slow and easy. I've wrapped and elevated it (when I could) the last couple days to see if that helps. Hope my stubborness doesn't backfire!

jellofer-I considered icing it, maybe I'll do that today. I definitely use frozen veggies when I "ice". I can't stand actual ice. LOL

Sandye-Glad to hear there was a silver-lining to your weekend. I'm shinig up my frying pan in case you need some tough love, but I doubt you'll need it. You're probably harder on yourself than any of us could be!

The foot is pretty much the same so far. I took my weekend runs nice and easy. They didn't seem to make my foot better or worse, so I will continue unless the pain increases. I am conflicted, but I'm really paying close attention to how it feels and will try to make good judgement calls. The scale was down another whopping .2 today (141.6), but no complaints since my most tempting time is weekends and I came out of this one at my lowest weight. As I meal planned last night I really impressed myself by planning a full month of meals without repeating anything and cutting wheat (as part of the main ingredients) back to less than 1/4 my supper meals. I'm sure there may be some incidental wheat in products I don't realize, but we're not as concerned with that until we work it mostly out of the main ingredients. Now the goal as I plan my other meals is to get 1250-1500 calories per day. I am now planning all my meals about 5-7 days at a time. It's like a food diary in advance. Makes it so I don't have to think about what to eat, just eat what I wrote down. I know many people would hate this, but for me it makes it SO much easier to stay on track! I can make changes if I need to, but mostly it is a guide to eating within the calories I've set without any thought beyond the thinking I do on planning day. I used to just plan supper and figure out the others as I went along, but now I'm trying to plan them all so I can make sure I'm getting enought calories. Since I've been doing it, I've made slow, steady progress downward which is WAY better than the up, down fluctuating I was doing.

Last edited by Ms Perception; 10-19-2009 at 09:38 AM.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:55 AM   #378  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

Sandye - I took the week off from exercise last week. I just needed a break. I did stuff around the house and kept moving (instead of being parked at the computer/TV). Sometimes our bodies just need some time off. I lost 2.4 pounds last week, even though I didn't work out, so it's not the worst thing in the world to do

ImDedicated - Looks like the party was a smashing success!!!! Glad you had a nice time!

Tummy - I miss the snow sometimes, but I'm glad it's cleared out for ya.

GivTLC - WAHOO!!!! Grats on beating your goal!!! That's wonderful news! Keep on going!

Kim - I hope you are feeling better, being sick is no fun. Take some rest, OJ, and some zinc supplement, that'll knock it out quick.

Gaby - I would put your original start weight, just because you started before you posted here, you started your journey there and that weight loss counts too!

Ms.P - I would listen to Mom and take a break. You don't want your injury to get worse. Grats on the new low!!!

Jello - Sometimes we need to have some girl time! Grats on the loss! I think you'll meet goal and beat it!

Jess - WHOA!! 6 pounds this week and last week?!? That's great!! Keep it up girl!!!

Taka - Welcome!!!

Fit Girly Girl - Great job on the running!! That's awesome!

Ok, so I knew I wouldn't have time to check in this weekend, so sorry if I missed anyone. Big for all, and sounds like most everyone had a great weekend!

My parents came down to help with some renovation projects this weekend. We have a 55+ year old house that we are completely remodeling, so sometimes the projects are overwhelming for DH and I, especially since he is also finishing his degree at night. So Dad & DH put up new doors through out the house, and re-hung our storm door that we had taken down 2 years ago after our house was broken in to so we could replace the actual door. Mom and I cleaned and organized inside and outside in the shed. Got rid of a ridiculous amount of junk (12 contractor bags full - Yikes!). DH is the worst pack rat you have ever met. I had to fight him on letting me throw away broken things all weekend. So, now my house is clean and organized and looking a ton better! Now, we just have to finish hanging trim and then re-painting everything.

So I would say I had a better than great weekend, but I'm tired now. I didn't keep up with my water over the weekend, and I didn't track my food, but I was pretty close to calories I think. My aunt stopped by too and I haven't seen her in about 5 months, the first thing she said to me was "WoW!!!" and spun me around. She didn't know I have been dieting, so I'll take that as a huge compliment My aunt is one of those women we would all like to beat over the head. She's muscular and like a size 4 without doing anything. She wakes up in the middle of the night and eats cake, and never gets fat. Why didn't I get that little bit of genetics? lol.
Nella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:05 AM   #379  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Nella-Awesome house cleaning/projects! That must feel incredible and TOTALLY counts as exercise. LOL Also, good job on the weight loss and staying pretty on track. About your aunt, yeah. Don't we all wish we had those genetics, but she's gotta be doing some damage inside don't ya think? I mean, there's something to be said for eating right whether you need to burn cals or not. Or is that just something us fat chicks say to make us feel better about not being an effortless size 4? LOL Seriously, though...eating right and exercising is good for EVERYONE!

Last edited by Ms Perception; 10-19-2009 at 10:05 AM.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:19 AM   #380  

S/C/G: 142/ticker/122

Height: 5'7"

Just a quick fly by - weighed in this morning at 131.8, so I'm happy with that. Didn't workout hardly at all this weekend, but I'm ready to start fresh today! Hope you all are doing well and I'll be back later for personals!
ShrinkingAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:06 AM   #381  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Happy Monday!

Dcapulet - Congrats on your race! That's fantastic, WTG.

Shasha - Ohh that does sound fun and hard at the same time, it's awesome how you're working in all this extra activity into daily life.

Cle - I'm so happy it was a surprise, and omg, your family is beautiful, you got some fantastic genes there girl! Honestly, how old is your mother again? Wow.

Sandye - The soups are marvelous, I've got a spit pea and a non-dairy cream of broccoli over here and both turned out great and it's so nice to enjoy a bowl of soup without a sodium bounce the next day. We're all warmed up here too, it's been between 8 and 14 celcius for the last few days and it looks like that's going to keep up for the next couple days anyway. Loving it, it's a nice break to run on gravel again and not have chapping wind. We also never got the yard stuff pulled in either so we get a chance at that. LOL, well the cat ran away we let her out to go to the bathroom, we'd already done this a few times with no issue, but this last time didn't come back. DD was sad, dh was super sad and me, well I'm indifferent to the hole thing, she'll survive. We're looking at getting a puppy pretty soon, it's just a matter for getting a few things in order first, like deciding what to get, price, a good breeder and all that jazz. B/c i need one that doesn't shed, period, no compromise on that. Honestly, I tell dh he eats like a four year old all the time, sugar, HFCS, trans fat, if it's going to kill ya he wants to eat it, he just thinks cuz he's super skinny that it doesn't matter, as if skinny ppl never have heart attacks or strokes or something. We'll be ready and waiting if you don't pick it back up, promise!

MsP - We'll see, my weight loss hit a giant brick wall last week but I'm changing things up this week to hopefully help out a bit. I'm with you on that planning, I'm always a few days ahead with planning all my meals and snacks and then adjust it a bit if I had more leftovers or somthing. I find it takes the emotion out of eating, the conversation becomes, what is for supper rather than what do I feel like eating for supper. This is the number one thing I tell ppl when they ask for advice too, it's like magic, lol.

Nella - Oh what fun, I love home renos, I do, there's something so great about improving something and making it just how you want it, we lived in a house built in 1927 prior to this one and we fixed just about everything, and I loved it. There's so much character in those places, just the baseboards and trim alone make me happy. I love our new place too but it's just not the same. My dh and your aunt come from the same gene pool! It does bother me that he's going to have a stroke one day b/c he eats without a huge regard for health. He plays hockey once a week but that's all and if it wasn't for what I make for dinner he'd probably eat jelly beans all day. On one hand I'd love the gene pool so I could use it for good not evil, lol.

Amy - Wow, you're making pretty awesome progress considering you're in the last 15 lbs, that's fantastic! Back on the saddle, we'll be watching, lol.

My goodness, it just started to pour, holy, glad my run is done. Another beautiful warm day to enjoy before the evils of winter are here to stay. And the furnace quit yesterday so it's a good thing it's warm. The darn thing is only 2 years old so not impressed but warranty should cover it, just the irritation of getting it fixed and parts and such.

It's my P90 recovery week this week, which is great considering my dvd player bit the big one this weekend. And that was the back up one too, the other one was turned into a toaster by my dear daughter. So this week I've decided to change up the video rotation and do my running and maybe hiit on the alternating days or if I get to the city in time to get a new dvd then maybe one video instead. That way maybe I can manage to pull my calories back down to a 1500 where I was losing a bit better.

Anywho, dh is off to take his tazer training for the next two days and they're letting him take a cruiser car (it's 3 hours away) so that's awesome for us not only for the gas savings but also means we get to keep the truck and maybe make a city run, just us girls

Hope everyone has a great first day back to work today, ta ta for now!
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:21 PM   #382  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Cle - You guys sure are a gorgeous group of ladies. I am so glad that the party was such a success and that she was as surprised as you were hoping. That was so sweet of you to do that for your mom. Good for you getting right back on plan too.

Tummy - I’m glad you got your run done before the rain. The furnace and the dvd player in one weekend, I’m sorry. I wish you better luck in the mechanical/electronic area from here out.

Sandye - I am a cat person and have tried the automatic litter boxes. I do not suggest it. I have 4 cats and would still rather scoop 2 normal litter boxes than use one of those. I am sorry about pizza ordering hubby. Mine is normally helpful with my food even if he eats like crap himself, but last night he made me a “healthy” soup that was so salty it literally hurt my mouth. He was at least understanding when I refused to eat it . He ate my serving when he finished his, silly boy. Yay for silver linings.

Shasha - I want to go rock climbing. I bet that was awesome.

Ms Perception - Way to go on planning a whole month ahead of time. I can barely manage a week and that’s without having to make sure there’s no wheat. Congrats on the planning of your other meals too. I’m trying to start doing that too. I need to borrow some of this planning mojo you apparently have.

Nella - I am so with you on the pack rat hubby. Congrats on getting him to throw anything away at all, lol. It sounds like you got a lot accomplished during the weekend. I love a good productive weekend just about more than anything - it feels so great. I hear you on the genetics too, my mom was a size 2 until she was in her late 30s (she had me at 38 and never went back to a size 2). I’ve seen pictures of her leaving the hospital after delivering my older brothers and she was already in her 2s, they were just a bit snug. I don’t think the woman was ever on a diet her whole life. Did I get those genes passed on to me? Noooooooo

I am working on my workout playlist for my iPod since though I like the music currently on there most of it is horrible for working out. I have somehow managed to talk hubby into not going grocery shopping with me - woohoo. It always costs more and takes 3 times as long if he’s with me. I love him, but… It’s not like I even refuse to get his oreos (yuck) or anything if he’s not with me, so I’m not sure why he wants to go. Hubby found me a great website too (nutritiondata.com), it has eaten a bunch of my time, but been very informative, lots of pretty charts and things - though I didn’t see those when I tried using it in IE, had to open it in firefox. If anyone hasn’t been to that site, you should check it out, but only when you have time to play with it for a while. Ok, time for off my butt.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:52 PM   #383  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Afternoon girls!!!!

MsP~ WTG on the loss! That's awesome! And I'm so glad to hear your foot isn't worse and that you were able to run this weekend. WOW! I can't believe how far in advance you've planned! That's awesome! I am humbled in your presence!

Nella~ thanks hun, congrats on the loss! And woo hoo for getting all of those renovations done! That's so fantastic! We have a list a mile long and we just never seem to have the time...one day. Hey ya know, if you're bored now that your house is all organized and clean, you could always come out my way! I've got oodles of stuff you could work on!

shrinkingamy~ congrats on your WI! Now I hope you're back on track today!!!

Tummy~ what, did all of your warranties expire last week? Geez! Furnace, DVD player...not fun! At least you won't have to worry about paying for the furnace repair! Whew! If you head to town today, have fun!!

Roxy (just saw your name in your siggy d'uh! Roxy is easier to type out than your screen name! )~ aww man! Really? That was really the only thing on my side with the whole cat issue. Hubby loathes litter boxes--not even cleaning then, it's the smell and the whole premise of the thing. He does not enjoy the thought of a box full of poo. I figured if we got the automatic one it would basically be out of sight, out of mind ya know? Shoot. Sorry the soup was icky--but at least he tried. It's more than my hubby would do. He's all about cooking and bbq'ing and stuff, but not the healthy stuff. Husbands are dangerous to shop with aren't they? What is it about them coming with us that makes the bill go so high?! Thanks for the website suggestion, I'm going to have to check it out.

Okay ladies, well, for the first time in forever, I'm having pre-TOM cravings. It's making me nuts! I just sucked back a sugar free pudding (thank goodness for those!) to kick an insane chocolate craving. Thankfully it's not going to put me over calories or anything like that, but I'm still bugged that I'm having these cravings. Part of my depression issues centered around my addiction to carbs and such and once I started the meds those cravings pretty much vanished. However, lately they've been sneaking back. Not sure if it's pre-TOM, the change in the weather and me wanting more comfort foods (and baked goods) or what...but danged if I'm going to give in every time!!!

Good news and bad news so far today:

First the good: I have made progress on the basement! I have also set a goal to have my craft/sewing area completely organized by the end of the Month!

Now the bad: Just picked Ry up from school. Barfed after lunch (although I'm pretty sure it's phlegm related) and has a fever. Also, his teacher has been out sick for a week and the school nurse all but said it was H1N1. Geez...

Well, okee dokee, need to get up and busy doing something. I still need to squeeze in my workout and now my afternoon is all wonky with having to pick up Ry and stop by Walgreens and getting my lunch in late...sigh...oh well, I'll figure it out.

Hope everyone is having a great day! You ARE drinking your water aren't you?

Last edited by iDream; 10-19-2009 at 01:55 PM.
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:53 PM   #384  

S/C/G: 151/151/130... was 190's in 06

Height: 5'4"

ok ladies.... I am officially back. I went grocery shopping on Saturday but decided best to start Monday. My bf son had a birthday party on Sunday so I went ahead and enjoyed some yummy cake.

Breakfast: EAS shake
Snack: celery and grapes and lowfat granola bar
Lunch: peppered turkey breast sandwich and SF peach applesauce
Snack: light n fit yogurt (watermelon flavor) I hope this is good and popcorn
Dinner: homemade stew

Mondays are very long days for me.... I work at 730am go to school at 1015am to 130pm and then work until 4pm (get to go workout today.... PAID!!! ) then back to school from 6pm-9pm.

I will try to check back later today if not tomorrow. Thanks for all the support ladies. I also hope tomorrow that I can post something for most of you!

Hoping you all are having a great Monday!!
helpmelose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:07 PM   #385  
One day at a time.

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/135-120

Hey Ladies,

I have about an hour until I have to go to school, so I figured I'd drop a post. So far, I've been OP this morning with food, but I haven't gotten my running work out in and walked the dogs; well, because the big guy at my feet (under the computer desk) is limping and I just didn't get out of bed on time.

Now, Sandye, did you remember our deal? hahaha. XD It took me some time, but I finally figured out what my schedule was going to be.

Monday-Friday
  • Work out,
  • Walk Dogs,
  • School,
  • Homework,
  • cleaning (Friday),
  • and driving practice

I didn't put times because After I walk the dogs, I have like 3 hours that I usually use to catch up on my recorded shows, the internet, or a little homework. And It looks like Wednesdays I'll have confirmation classes from 7:30-8pm. -.- I don't like religious ed., especially the hours. And Saturday and Sundays are always something unexpected. I hope to get all my homework done Friday night.

Welp, that's it. I'm going to grab something to eat and finish catching up on the reading homework!

We Can Do It Ladies <3

Last edited by Miss Mallee; 10-19-2009 at 02:09 PM.
Miss Mallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:33 PM   #386  
Real Me in here Somewhere

S/C/G: 194.8/155/132?

Height: 5'1"

Afternoon Ladies!

Hope your all having a wonderful day Thanks for all the support I've been getting here...trust me, it really keeps me motivated

~To all the new ladies that have joined in on the challenge...Best of luck to you with your goals! The women in this group are AWESOME...it's like having your own personal cheering squad...hehe

~iDream Yes I'm drinking my water! lol My son came home sick on Friday...he's been running a fever all weekend and I kept him home again today. I need more lysol =op Hope your son gets better soon!

~FitGirlyGirl Won't even go there about shopping with the hubbie, that's a whole forum in itself lol

~Tummy Girl Sorry your having so much trouble with DVD's ...Fortunately they aren't as expensive as they were years ago.

~ShrinkingAmy Grats on your loss! Keep it up!

~Nella Wow, sounds like you had your hands full this past weekend, but what a wonderful feeling that is once your done

~Ms Perception Awesome that your planning your meals in advance...I really want to get to the point where I can do that...(this way I don't obsess over what to eat each day) Hope your foot continues to feel better

After a weekend of rain...the sun is back out and it's supposed to be nice most of this week! woohooo! I can't wait for DH to get home so we can do our "outside" 2 mile walk I think today I'm going to add at least another 1/4 mile to the walk. baby steps!
I did get lots done around the house this weekend though...it amazes me that by losing weight is somehow making me want to throw out junk in the house...I guess I'm putting my house on a diet too! LoL

Huggies all around,
Giv
GivTLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:22 PM   #387  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'0"

Hello ladies, just a quick drive by, I have been our running errands you know paying bills, running the kids to school, and grocery shopping. I am back home and I am so proud of myself, I didn't get any junk and I am doing great with my eating as well as exercising. We are going to the gym tonight we have even talked my BIL and his wife to go with us should be fun. I am also starting to do some exercise dvd's in the morning after kids get off to school. Hope this will help get the weight loss moving again. Well gotta run for now time to check on the laundry LOL hope you all have a wonderful day !!!
mystical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:57 PM   #388  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 226/ticker/175

Hey Chickies!

I've no time for personals today, just sort of checking in. I find myself in a funk today with no real reason as to why other than the load of stuff I've got to get accomplished...which I guess is a reason in itself. I've been back up at 202 the past 2 days but I rarely drink enough water on the weekends and so I'm not terribly worried and even if it is actually up I've still got 10 days to lose the 3 lbs.

I've been trying to formulate a plan for the holidays and figure out my November goals which led me to thinking about my December goals which has led me to thinking about food an awful lot. Coming from a divorced family Thanksgiving sees me eating a lot of turkey and Christmas is just usually outrageous with all the food and so I'm really having a tough time with trying to figure out what it is I want to accomplish during the next 2 months. This is likely another thing adding to my funk.

So I guess I'll ask you girls what your goals will be during the holidays. Will you push yourself to lose as much as you have been or will you give yourself some wiggle room? Someone told me to be happy if I only gain 5lbs but I think I can do better than that for sure.... just not sure how MUCH better.
Shrinking Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 04:12 PM   #389  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Tummy, Sandye - thank you so much!

A quick run through before class... I really missed you guys!

got some exercise in today, and feeling pretty good. I hope you all are having a great day!
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 04:21 PM   #390  

S/C/G: 129/see ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

Whoo! Took me a while to catch up. That'll teach me to not log in daily.

Sounds like everyone is motivated which is awesome.

Tummy Girl, you look amazing!

I weighed myself Saturday morning and I was down 1 lb to 123, but with the wedding reception Saturday night and Sunday roast I'm back up. Though, I have faith by the end of the week I'll be a true 123. This weight is just peeling off slower than molasses. But, I suppose maintenance will be easier once I hit my goal. I've never been brilliant at maintaining, so I think this is a good thing.
Taurie is offline   Reply With Quote