Old 10-15-2009, 08:57 PM   #331  
Real Me in here Somewhere

S/C/G: 194.8/155/132?

Height: 5'1"

Good evening ladies! Good lord it's been raining here all day...and it's brrrr outside...I wasn't able to go for my walk today after work and I can't believe I'm gonna say this but...I missed it! Somehow not being able to do it makes me feel lazy. I am just to tired tonight to check the exercise channel and find some small work out

jellofer2~ Hope your feeling better...I love love love making lists...not sure if anyone else does this but I'll do things that weren't on my To Do List and I'll actually go back and add them to the list and cross them off...yes I'm weird lol

KimL1214~thanks for the tip...I'll have to check out that recipe forum

iDream~OMG! I know what you mean about needing 5 extra hours to read all the posts...I didn't even get to bed last night till after midnight...I think I have a new addiction =op

Have a great night ladies! Keep on working hard towards your goals...you've all been an inspiration to me
GivTLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:42 PM   #332  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 226/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Well Hidey Ho Chickies!

This is shrinking girl coming at you from HOME, that's right... HOME. WoooHoo! Let's all cross our fingers that the internet here will stay fixed!

Tummy Are you gonna post those pics here? I can't wait to see them! Way to go on the 7 inches! That's a lot!

jellofer I hope you feel better!

MsP You know, I've been wondering the same thing... maan, it seems massages have all sorts of benefits! Hope the laundry and sorting wasn't too much of a chore for ya!

MissMallee Good to see ya! I think we've got an organization buzz going on... maybe it's the change of seasons making us all act wonky and letting our houses get out of control?

idream I think I need to hire you to come cook for me... these recipes you keep talking about sound great but I so rarely have the energy to try anything new when I get home from work.

KimL You know, I keep waiting for my school computer people to tell me to stop using the internet so much for personal reasons but they don't although I know they monitor EVERYTHING... As far as I'm concerned, if I get my work done on time... then isn't that all that matters?

jessicado Whew! You've got a lot going on! I hope you have a fantastic time getting all dressed up in your dress and feeling great about your bod and how far you've come! I'm so happy to see the weight finally falling off you like it should be... you've been working so hard! Keep it up! As for my migraines, I used to take imitrex but the side effects were nearly as bad as the migraine itself so I usually just come home and sleep it off. I might have to try that tincture... anything that helps at all is better than nothing!

shasha Girl look at you in size 14's! Shake those size 14 hips and do a little victory dance!

My weigh in at Curves is this Saturday and I'm hoping I managed to lose the 6.5 inches I'll need to have lost to make the 24 inch mark. Man would that be great. I'll be a bit disappointed if I don't but oh well. New progress pictures are due Nov 1st and while I keep swearing I'm not changing there are all these little signs that show me I am. The new work pants I bought (size 18) just a few weeks ago are too big and I don't have plans to buy new ones until I'm buying a 14! The jeans I tried on a month ago which were still tight around the waist now fit me just fine...which is good because the other jeans I had been wearing all over the place had a minor accident in my washing machine!
Well girls, I'm off to bed for the evening. I hope everyone is having a peaceful and relaxing evening as well as a Fantastic Friday tomorrow! The weekend is nearly here!!!!
Shrinking Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:35 PM   #333  

S/C/G: 151/151/130... was 190's in 06

Height: 5'4"

Hey Ladies... checking in for today. Thank you for all the words of encouragement. I am going to make it a habit to post my plan. (Thanks KimL) I think that is a great idea and will make me more accountable because I don't want to come on here and post what I eat and be ashamed. I want to be proud.

My posting will start tomorrow!!! Thanks again ladies for all your support!! You all are awesome!
helpmelose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 01:32 AM   #334  

S/C/G: 310/169/155

Height: 5'5"

Wow....3 posts in a day--I think that is a record for me, lol. I just wanted share my experience at the gym. I was running on the treadmill (20 minutes at 4.7 today--so long week 5 of C25K! ) and about halfway through my torture this really hot guy came in and starting walking on a treadmill. Amazingly the running got a little easier from then on, lol. Anyways, when I was all done, I had sweat up a storm and literally had wet spots on my shirt and sweat flung at the treadmill. I went over to the little towel station to attempt to get some of the sweat off my face and he stopped his treadmill and came over to me. He started gushing how awesome I was and how proud of me he was. I said thanks and he just kept going on about how amazing I was and how he had been where I was and how he was just so proud of me. Afterwards I felt really good....until about 15 minutes later when I realized that it was also kindof an insult. Like I am so fat it is a miracle I can run or something so he felt the need to encourage me. So now I am unsure what to think....so wanted to see what you ladies thought!
jessicado22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 08:07 AM   #335  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Oh Jessica, no, no, no, no!!!! It was a total compliment!!!! He said said he was once where you are now--so he's been there, done that and he was just praising you hun. I have found myself cheering for the ladies I see walking or jogging on the local trail here as I drive by--literally saying out loud, "Good for you hun!!" of course I'm in my car so they can't hear me.

Anyway, I think you should be dang proud of yourself and flattered!! He took the time not only to say how awesome you are, but how PROUD of you he is! That, my friend, is a wonderful compliment!!

Okay, I'll be back for more personals just as soon as I get the boys off to school--but I HAD to reply to Jess the second I saw her post.
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 08:35 AM   #336  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 226/ticker/175

JESSICADO YOU STOP THAT RIGHT NOW!
Of course it was a compliment you silly head! You wouldn't walk up to any random person and say that, you're going to say that to someone who you can tell has been putting in effort and working hard! Obviously he could tell you've been giving it your all and working hard!
You take that compliment and let it make you all giddy inside! And then you go back there and invite that hot man to work out with you so you have all sorts of eye candy to take your mind off the work you're doing!!!
Shrinking Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 08:36 AM   #337  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Okay, so I'm back

Good Morning and Happy Friday to all of you Lovely Ladies!!!

It has occurred to me that I don't have time for personals until later this morning--it's Friday which means Open Gym day. So, I'll leave you with my usual tag line:

Be sure to...

Drink Your Water!!!

And I'll be back for personals later! Now don't get too chatty on me girls, I don't want to get too far behind! Have a great day everyone!!!!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:13 AM   #338  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Good morning, wonderful women!
I am thrilled to be enjoying my planned day off. One of my feet is feeling a little tender right now, so it's a perfect day to rest it. I didn't get everything done yesterday that I had planned to...I did some other stuff not planned and supper was time comsuming (3 new recipes for one meal!). Anyway, I've already spent part of this morning working on the clothes thing more. I had the laundry all folded (except the dreaded socks!) and half put away, so this morning I'm going through both DDs' clothes to sort and organize. I'm done with one girl's, now to finish the other's. I started more laundry today so I would be 100% caught up and have everyone all ready for winter. I'm SO glad to be nearly there with this task!! Okay, how sad am I sitting here describing my laundry situation?! Welcome to my world! LOL

jessica-Seriously, take the compliment! Some people may not word things quite right, but his intention was to praise you for your hard work...and you deserve it! You are taking steps to be a healthier woman and it inspired him to admire you. How is that a bad thing? You have fun this weekend!! Enjoy your off-plan events, but try not to undo your hard work to much. You've made such incredible progress!

Kim-Hope your boss isn't targeting you, but I know that feeling can make it a little more stressful at work. Just do the right thing, which it sounds like you are and keep your chin up! It's great having you on here and I don't want some silly person trying to take you away from us!

helpmelose-Great idea! Good luck with the posting. Look forward to seeing your plan.

GivTLC-Hope you were able to find a workout to do, but if not it's great that you realize how you'll miss the exercise. It does become a good habit and it feels like a bummer when it is missed. That's a good sign!

Sandye-Hope open gym was fun. Fridays are my catch up days. I usually don't plan ANYTHING during the day Friday so I can clean and/or relax without necessarily getting out of my jammies until later!

SG-Yay!! Internet at home! Hope they fixed it well and you don't have to deal with the hassle of only being online at school. Congrats on clothes not fitting!! Heehee... it's a mixed blessing isn't it?

I finally have slowed down to pretty much getting comfortably into size 10's for the last couple weeks. I hesitate to buy more than the couple jeans and couple dress pants I have now just in case I ever squeeze my butt into 8's. LOL It's funny because I will NOT wear tight pants, but I buy the them when they are tight (but I can definitely fasten them) and then I hold them for a month and then they usually fit perfectly. I have some mental block about even trying 8's though. I haven't been a single digit size since EARLY high school. I have really struggled to believe I'd ever be there comfortably again. But even as I type this I'm thinking, "You know what? I can do it! I will fit into 8's in the next month or 2." It's my new goal size. When I started this healthier lifestyle, my goal size was a 12 and my goal weight was 150 because I thought all I could hope for was to be overweight instead of obese and fit into my late college size. How's that for a lack of confidence? Now I know I can be more (or less ). I'm already my end high school/beginning college size and close to high school weight. I'm plateau-ing a bit right now, but it'll pass and I'll be securely in the 130's soon enough. Then I'll feel free. Free to choose my end weight according to what works for my body, since I'll be into the healthy BMI range. Free to be a stabler size so I can actually build a wardrobe.....HELLO Goodwill! Ahhh, the glorious freedom!!! Okay enough dreaming...gotta get back to organizing/cleaning. It'll make DH so happy to come home to a much more organized home. He loves things neat and tidy. He never says a word when it's not though, bless his heart! I'm outta here...
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:27 AM   #339  

S/C/G: 278/ticker/175

Height: 5'11"

msperceptiongreat way to look at things. I cleaned out my closet yesterday and got rid of a few things that I have either never worn or didn't fit then so I don't want it now. Felt good. made room for some of the new clothes that I shall be getting soon.

JessicaTotally take the compliment. You have earned it!!!!!

Great weigh in this morning. 247.0 wow!!! I really think I can make my 239 goal for the end of the month!!!! I feel like the little engine that could once he got over the top of the hill!!!! Now if I could only get rid of this cold, so that I can workout!!!

Lots of love to the peeps!!!
jellofer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:12 AM   #340  

Height: 6'1

Sandye- You can do it! I'm sure once you get your house a little more ogranized, everything else will start falling into place. A clutter free house = clutter free brain. Is the p90x yoga hard? I tried yoga a couple times at the gym, but I gave up because I just looked ridicoulous.

Tummy- My dumb work computer has a firewall that doesn't show some of the pics. I can't wait to go home and see your pics. I'm sure you look amazing.

justaloozer- Welcome to the thread! Congrats on your halfway mark for the month.

shrinking girl- Almost to onderland. I'm sure you will be knocking on its door in no time at all. I swear sometimes losing weight can get expensive, esp when you buy clothes and they get too big soon after. But very worth it! Congrats on the 18's being too big. Same thing is happening to me and I'm not buying any clothes until I get out of the 230's. Just get some belts and you should be fine.

jellofer- Sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well. Congrats on your loss!

Taurie- How cute! I couldn't quit tell what kind of animal it was, but I love your story about the pic.

miss malle- I so know what you mean about going to bed early. I get up for work at 5am, so in order to get 7 hours of sleep, I should be asleep by 10. Sometimes its hard for me when I'm watching tv, surfing the net or reading a book.

kim- Sorry you got in trouble. That happened to me once at my very first job out of college. I hope you guys can get it resolved. Are you a teacher?

jessicado- Whoo hoo! Congrats on your woosh! I know you were a little down about being up a couple lbs, but you kept at it and now you are down again. Just enjoy your weekend, even if you aren't able to be 100% OP. Make the best possible choices with what you have to eat and if you do gain a little, it will most likely be sodium which you can get rid of. And I'm sure that guy meant it as a compliment. You have lost a bunch of weight and if he goes to the same gym as you, hes probably noticed. Being a guy, he probably didn't want to say anything about weight, so he complimented on your running. That happened to me once a long time ago when I was losing a lot of weight. Someone I had never seen, came up to me and told me how great I was doing and losing weight.

GivTLC- We got 2 days of rain and I miss it already. I just want to be able to light up my fireplace one of these days, I'm tired of it being hot all the time.

MsP- You CAN do it! You are very close to your goal and if the 10's are comfortable now, I'm sure its only a matter of time before you can be comfortable in 8's. Also I'm sorry that it took me so long to get you the name of that Allergy free cook book I had heard of. Here is the link to it from Barnes and Noble. http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...-9780968030202

Nothing new here today. I got under 240 yesterday, but I'm up a slight bit today. Not fretting though, as I did a lot of weight lifting yesterday and I'm usually up a bit from that the following morning. So happy its Friday. I don't think I have any set plans yet. Anyone doing anything fun this weekend?
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:43 AM   #341  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Morning!

Justaloozer - Welcome, welcome, we're a fun and crazy bunch, and chatty I believe has been used to describe us as well but just right in, congrats on the 5lbs already

SG - You're almost there, you're almost there! Can't wait, any day now and it's there, oh I'm going jump up and down like a dancing fatty for you.

Jellofer - Woohoo that's frickin awesome, aww and you're too sweet

Taurie - Now I see what it is, lol, sometimes we'd be slow on the uptake.

MsP- LOL I love the geeky running company that's awesome, at least I'm not the only one. I had the same problem in the snow fall, it looked like I was going warp speed though. I tried running with the ski mask but it was too tight and chaffed my nose and it was all itchy and whatnot. The other hoddie thing is soft on the inside and isn't too tight so it didn't rub on my face, which makes me crazy. Mine has a different material on the outside to cut the wind and then it's soft and fuzzy on the inside, but doesn't hold sweat or anything so I guess it's magic too. Have fun sorting, we just finished that up last week and it's only nice when it's done I just wanted to say congrats on the good thinking, it's amazing how when we're so high that 140, 150 or 160 all seem so far and almost impossible then you get down there and know it's only us that keeps us from what's truly possible to you!

Miss Mallee - Glad to hear it, I think sleep will make all the difference, honestly if you talk to ppl that haven't seen me in a couple of months they literally would not believe you if you told them I wake up at 5am to run. I could make bets and make some money. So from a reformed snooze button addict, if I'm not in bed by 9:30 I'm not up at 5, period. And I always felt like I was wasting my day going to bed early but now I'm finding that if I'm awake for 16 good happy hours it's better than the drag my butt around 18 hours I used to do. Have fun organizing the house, I do always feel better when everything is in it's place too, it's all the A types around here, lol.

Sandye - yup still no sign of her and it appears that her gaming friends are worried too so that's not good I thought of you last night putting the wee one to bed, I thanked her for letting me sleep, she was a bt confused but that's ok, lol. We have a white noise thing too and I know it makes it hard for mine to sleep if we don't have it on. I tried the floor sleeping thing too and mine wanted nothing to do with it even though she kept falling out of bed, they're just not logical! I can't imagine doing yoga with 2 of them, i tried once and dd was mommie what are you doing that for, why are your feet up there? It did not lend itself to zen either.

Kim - Thanks And don't forget to get that sleep too, I'm a bear without it, not to mention a human food dumpster!

Jessicado - Oh a date night, that's awesome, and how nice to get to show off all that hard work too. Yes, those fancy occassions sure don't come up as often so please do enjoy it for the rest of us, lol. I just hit the 150's on Tuesday so you're not too far behind, lol. Well I think that since he's been heavier before he gets it and it was a profound compliment. If a life long thin person were to say that, I'd take it in the miracle that it's possible category. Be proud girlfriend! And I agree with SG, I'd love to watch something nice like that while I'm running too.

Shasha - Goal already! Congrats, when you hit 235 will that be 15 lost this month? Holy cow! Dang firewalls, lol, my work had one too and it sucked.

GiveTLC - That's the ticket, missing exercise feels gross! Isn't it wonderful? Who would have thought, lol, most of us kind of avoided it on purpose before and now look!

Helpmelose - Ok, we're going to shame you lovingly and in a supportive non-judgemental way, lol. Whatever gets you on track sounds like great news to me.

Running today was warm again, and awesome. It's a bit challenging doing an 80 minute run followed the next day by a 110 minute run, I think I was well out of glycogen today and felt very close to the wall so to speak. But got it done, enjoyed some shooting stars and done running for the week.

I think I finally have my mojo back with my workouts, I was getting a bit pissy with everything and I had a nice chat with myself about sucking it up and growing up a bit and getting down to business. So I'm going to continue rounding out the week with some higher calories, I've been hitting close to 2000 a day this last week and I'm feeling less nasty but it does slow the train down a bit. And then hopefull next week I can get back down to a deficit a bit more and start losing a bit more again. It's funny it never occured to me to take a break and maintain for a bit, it's nice and I'm glad I did, my brain just needed a minute I think.

Alrighty better get my workouts finished for the day and then we'll have some mommy/daughter playtime around here.

TTFN!
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:53 PM   #342  

Hello Ladies.... quick check in, not the greatest eating but I need to go shopping. I am just eating less until I get some more healthy stuff at home.

Breakfast: fruit loops, milk (small bowl) Probably about a serving size or a little more

Lunch: leftovers (pasta - really yum-- elbow mac, pizza sauce, pepperoni, canadian bacon, and onion) sounds yummy but I VERY SURE that not good for me at all

Dinner - not sure yet. (I am thinking grilled pork chops and maybe brown rice)

Exercise--- don't feel motivated at all-- but going to do TJ Fat blaster!! Hopefully will help make up for what I have/will eat today.

I'll be back later to post again! Thanks ladies!!
Old 10-16-2009, 12:54 PM   #343  

oh yea Tummygirl-- you look amazing!!! Keep up the great work!! You are bring encouragement and motivation. I LOVE seeing progress pics!!
Old 10-16-2009, 01:05 PM   #344  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Jellofer: I’m sorry about that darn lingering cold, but congrats on such great weight loss. I’ve done the low carb thing before and you are right, it is no fun when you’re sick. Just eat as healthy as you can and maybe if you allow your body some extra carbs it will heal itself faster and then you can get back down to business when you’re better. That’s pretty much what I did when I did the low carb diet. Not sure why, but I just can’t get myself to do low carb these days even though I know it works, oh well. Good luck, congrats, and I hope you feel better.

Helpmelose: Your employers are awesome. Not many who would even give time for working out, much less paid time. Congrats on finding such a job.

iDream: I am totally with you on the needing to get busy on the house and get it organized. We moved in here in May and I got quite a bit done in May and June, but then July I was diagnosed type 2 diabetic and since then I have been focusing on my health. Unfortunately my hubby has also been slacking on the projects he was supposed to do. Now that I have the diabetes thing under control (lab results this month showed numbers out of diabetic range) I can hopefully get my house under control. I am hoping that seeing me working on things will also motivate him.

Tummy: I can’t wait to try the pie recipe you posted. I am a pumpkin freak. There are 2 orange ones and 3 small white ones sitting on my hearth waiting for me to chop them and freeze them. When I have done those I am going to see if I have room for more in the freezer. This China study sounds interesting too. I might have to make that book be one of my weight loss rewards. I think I need something for 60 pounds gone which is coming up in 11.4 pounds. Congrats on the 7 inches, awesomeness! You look great.

Justaloozer: Welcome and congrats on your loss so far. Good luck on the next 5.

Miss Mallee - I am also a normally OCD sort who has kinda let things somehow get away from me. I used to have a schedule for myself for chores each day. I am going to attack the whole house and then make myself a new schedule, yep yep. I am jealous of the canning. I have that on my list of things to learn to do and am going to work on it in the spring.

Taurie: I just love ferrets. I used to have a pair, but had to rehome them as my ex would not live with them. Now we already have 4 cats in the house, so no room for ferrets, especially since one of the cats would probably think the ferrets were her lunch. She’s tiny though, so I’m not sure who would win, either way, it would not be a good thing.

Kim: I’m sorry about your boss. Grrrrr boss

Jessicado: Good luck on your “date”. Enjoy the dressing up and I hope you two are able to talk productively. Of course the guy at the gym meant it as a compliment and in my way of thinking, if he’s bean there then it means even more. Shasha’s right, he may well have noticed you before and has noticed the changes. Enjoy it, you deserve it.

Ms Perception: Way to go letting your success so far build your confidence and help you with further success. Size 8 here you come!

I am a happy happy happy camper. I have my diabetes under awesome control, so awesome that my lab results show the numbers of a non-diabetic. My blood pressure is perfect and my cholesterol is almost there - overall it is perfect, but must lower the bad by at least 14 and raise the good by at least 10. My specialist is very proud of me. She tells me to lose 5-10 pounds by January as my goal, I tell her she has no faith, I’ve lost 5 pounds since the beginning of October (5.4 now). That’s ok, I’ll show her. Tonight is W3D2 of C25K and I can’t wait. A few months ago I could never have imagined myself saying I could not wait for a workout. That is so amazing to me. 1.4 more pounds and I’ll have hit 50 pounds lost too. Yep, other than my house being a complete wreck today is a super day. I think I shall go tackle the darned house now.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 01:07 PM   #345  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Helpmelose: porkchops for dinner here tonight too, some very lean smoked ones, so not too good on the sodium, but good otherwise. was gonna bake them, but now thanks to you hubby might have to grill them, lol.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote