Old 10-05-2009, 10:07 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

mornin'......girls...

Personals are going to be short and sweet and unfortunately--not complete...*groan*

Nella~ thanks for the links--I love pumpkin bread!!

Tummy~ WTG on that run hun!! I'm freezing cold just thinking about how chilly it is up your way. Thanks for all the sweet words :huh: I love it! You found a I survived day one...but I'm not sure if I'm doing the Lean...I think I did the Classic...? I really need to read the dang guides!!! Grrrr!

Jessica~ has TOM left yet?! Congrats on the pants!! That's just awesome!! Glad to hear you have another computer to use while your laptop is being fixed!

Molly~ okay, you're going to have to share the pumpkin pie recipe girlie! Mmm, warm apple cider--I love that it's that time of year again!

SG~ WOW!! You look fantastic girlie!!! What a difference!! And woo hoo on the new clothes! You'll have those new glasses in no time too!! (although I do love your current ones ) (Btw, I have that same figurine--I love those things! I have a bunch of 'em!)

dcapulet~ 50 MINUTES? Girl, you've got the 5K in the BAG! Oooh, so you're going to train for 10K? Have you got a program you'll be following? I might have to join you there!

Delphi~ aww man! You mean to tell me you're completely unpacked AND organized already? I've been here almost 2 years and I'm STILL not completely unpacked and I'll probably never be organized! Seriously though, glad you're all settled in! I'll be ready for some painting soon I think...I'll definitely give you a shout when I am!

Cle~ Awww, how sweet of you to throw your mom a Birthday party! I'm sure she'll have a ball!

to all the newbies and Hi to everyone I missed!

Ladies, I stand before you and shamed woman. I was beyond horrid this weekend. I went above and beyond binging...I gorged myself on food that I never eat and just kept on going and going and going. I even justified it! "well, I am at goal now and I haven't done anything remotely like this in months--it's all good"...

Ugh...well let me tell you, it is NOT "all good".

I have never--EVER--felt so rotten after eating in all of my life! Not even the cheesecake incident can compare to this! My head is pounding, my stomach is furious with me, I've got chills and feel just blechy!!! I've already downed 64oz of water and it's not even 10:00am! I intend on drinking much, much more before the day is done. I feel like I spent the entire weekend drinking alcohol and eating hotwings!

I did, however, manage to get my sorry self downstairs to start P90X today. I even (after I finally got the boys off to school and the girls fed) did the Ab Ripper X as well (daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang is that hard!!!!) and managed a few laughs thrown in the mix while doing it because I was soooo not able to do the whole thing.

But now, I'm back to feeling horrid. I just want to crawl into bed and sleep the rest of the day.

But, I won't. Nope. I'm going to make sure I stay awake to feel every single twinge of pain, every gurgle of my stomach and I will pay close attention to how miserable I feel so that I remember NEVER to do anything remotely close to what I did this weekend, ever, EVER again!!!

On the plus side, I have a renewed sense of commitment! And, I do believe that hubby is feeling just as bad--if not worse--than I am and his exact words as he left this morning were, "I am eating a Subway sandwich for lunch LOADED with leafy greens!!!". I said, "is this your wake up call perhaps?" to which he replied with a smile and a nod. So ladies, keep your fingers crossed that he feels every twinge and gurgle today too so that he remembers how awful he feels (I'm going to be texting him about my misery all day long so as to drive the point home even further ) and maybe, just maybe he'll finally jump on the bandwagon with me!!

Okay, well, other than that...I'm going to try to read all that I can on the P90X because without the guides I'm kind of flying blind. I was going to do the Lean version and well, I don't see it anywhere! So, obviously I missed something somewhere.

Ugh...okay, I gotta get off the computer...my head hurts and I need more water!!! Have a great day ladies and let my misery be a lesson to you all: Stay On Plan!!! Do not throw caution to the wind and eat like a crazed maniac--it will only cause you intense pain and suffering (and I think it goes without saying--Weight Gain!!!)...groan Oh yeah, and don't forget to...

Drink Your Water!!!

I know I won't...

Ugh...
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:16 AM   #152  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

Congrats on the 5K Sandye!!!! Let me know how you like P90X. Someone has it listed on Craigslist for $60 with the book and everything. I'm tempted to buy it, if it's worth it.

Shrinking Girl - Great pics!! You can totally see a transformation!

Delphi - I'm glad the new house is all settled in. You are a machine! I still have boxes I haven't unpacked from when I moved in with DH 3 years ago! You're getting so close to goal! I know you can make it!

Cle - Great job on being OP over the weekend! And that is so sweet of you to plan a party for your mom! My mom will also be 54 in February, maybe I'll plan her a big party, since I missed the big 5-0 for her as well.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend! Hubby had a lot of homework, so I got to run some errands and get some fall flowers for outside. I'm still fighting with the numbers on the scale, even though I have been OP, drinking my water and working out. Maybe some miraculous drop will occur this week, lol. I'm not letting it get me too down, just frustrated. I really want to get to 170 by the end of the month, and that darn scale is fighting and taunting me. I'll show it who's boss in the end, but the battle is tough. Last week was the first week I haven't had at least a 1.5 pound loss (in fact I was up 2.2 - yikes!). My DH keeps saying "it's just a plateau, you'll get through it." but I'm inpatient and want it done NOW. I'm going to try lowering my calories to 1200-1300 this week and see if that kicks anything into gear. I had been eating 1500-1600 and zig zagging, but something stalled in the process.

So, you ladies have a lovely day!!!
Nella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:33 AM   #153  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Holy Moley! I just read pages of posts to which I cannot possibly respond. I do have to say a few thigs though.

SG-WOW! Such an amazing, noticeable difference! You look fantastic in your new clothes, too. I'm so glad you treated yourself to shopping in a store! You deserve it!!

Sandye-#1 You look like such an athlete in your race pic! You go girlie!! BTW, pics and video of your running are super helpful in improving form!
#2 Live and learn on the gorging, huh? You've been SO on-plan that your body was NOT happy with the alternative! Well, now you know how your body really felt about your eating in the past. LOL

Delphi-Awesome job getting all settled in! Hope it continues to go smoothly in your new place. Painting sounds like a great project/challenge. I know I'll be doing a lot of it once we get in our house. But that won't be for a few months. I have colors picked out for some of the rooms already. It's just fun to plan.

Quick update on me-I'm holding steady weight-wise. I must be eating too much salt and not drinking quite enough water to wash it out. Will improve and get that silly scale moving ASAP. I'd really love to blow my goal out of the water and get super close to goal this month. I've been doing some more reading and think I may have to make some dietary adjustments. It looks like I may have some mild wheat and dairy intolerances that are hindering my weight-loss. We'll see if cutting back on those helps. Now I have to go to a health food store to get some stuff to replace those things in my cooking. Should be interesting since I eat those things VERY regularly (yogurt, milk, whole wheat bread/pasta). UGH!! I guess we'll see how it goes. Any helpful info would be great if anyone else deals with this stuff. Oh, on a positive note...I lost 5 inches last month! Yay!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:36 AM   #154  
I'm his Princess!

S/C/G: 270/236/160

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tummy Girl View Post
Cle - What a sweet daughter you are. I'm sure she'll appreciate the party nonetheless and I had to laugh cuz us Canadians actually have Thanksgiving in October so it took me a minute to process that, lol. Wtg being onplan over the weekend, great work!
Congrats on your medium!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDream View Post
mornin'......girls...
Cle~ Awww, how sweet of you to throw your mom a Birthday party! I'm sure she'll have a ball!

Ugh...
Feel better!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nella View Post

Cle - Great job on being OP over the weekend! And that is so sweet of you to plan a party for your mom! My mom will also be 54 in February, maybe I'll plan her a big party, since I missed the big 5-0 for her as well.

So, you ladies have a lovely day!!!
Hope you break this plateau also! Enjoy your day!

I really pray my mom has a great time! I hope all her friends keep it a secret! I haven't told one of my cousins yet because she can't keep a secret and everyone knows!!!! lol so sad bc she's cooking for the party...I won't tell her until the day before....we'll see

Thanks for the well wishes!
Imdedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:53 AM   #155  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Sandye ~ Girl...don't I know the feeling. After my pancake debacle, I felt horrible and that adjective simply doesn't describe it nearly well enough. You hang in there. We live and learn...and you surely are learning. In a way, it's a good thing. Sometimes we need to feel how miserable we can be when we aren't pursuing a healthier life style. A friendly reminder if you will... You are a champ, you will pull right through.

MsP ~ Hey you , woohoo on the panties girlfriend, you are nearing out the 140's. Oh and painting. Well I just had the dry wall guys in here, to redo all the ceilings and they made a mess of the rooms, so every room has to be repainted...I'm sure I'll still be playing catch up when you guys finally move in.

Nella ~ Ah gee thanks hun. How ya been sweetie?
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:41 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Hey gals,

Just a quickie, Sandye if you did Core this morning you're doing Lean but since you did Abs (and Chest/Back?) I imagine you're doing classic, lol. I have the schedule printed up on a calendar in Microsoft publishing to help me out. Do you have that program, I could email you a copy, but it is classic Sweat out the poision and suck back that water you'll feel better in no time and have all that extra stored energy to workout!

Delphi - We're doing great, it's getting brisk up here, I envy the winter you guys must have but this is all I know so I don't know what I would do with all my cold weather gear if we ever moved some place warmer, oh ya I do, I throw it away!!! Dh is working, I'm working out, you know same old same old, dd is marvelous and not wearing a diaper to bed anymore, lol, oh the triumphs of motherhood.

MsP - As far as allergies to things, I cook with a lot of almond flour b/c it's low GI, I use it for breading things and such. It's not good for baking however. We eat Siver Hills Bread which is flourless but I just checked, there's still whole sprouted wheat in there so that's not going to help. You could always try the celi bread if it's a gluten thing. If you're cutting down on eggs, you can use 1 tbsp of flax meal to 3 tbsp of water, nuke for one minute and it's worth one egg in baking or meatloaves, burgers, etc as a binder. it actually turns into this yokey consistency, it's weird. Otherwise, I use almond milk everywhere I use regular milk b/c I don't like soy and rice is too high in calories. I make the almond milk myself (it's a super easy recipe) and it runs 40 cal a cup but you can buy it up here for 2.99 a litre if that's easier. Oh and we eat a lot of brown rice pasta which is entirely wheat free as well so that could be an option too. Good luck!

Cle - Thanks LOL a surprise party even, oh that's a hoot.

Nella - It's hard, it would be nice if it could go away tomorrow but you know that is giong to be what separates us from those that don't make it, we will prevail!

Ok, that wasn't so quick, lol, but now I'm off to the dump, the mail and to drop dh off to work, toot-a-loo
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:49 PM   #157  
There is no spoon!

Tummy ~ That's a triumph indeed. to your little girl. I can't wait for the no diapers phase for my wee one, although I'll still be buying them for poor little Canaan. But I think he will need something larger in a year or so. That should be fun to purchase...definitely gonna end up on peopleofwalmart.com now.

As for me, I've had another contractor in here all morning, installing two new windows and an AC unit in the bedroom. I tell ya, moving in and unpacking with the dry wall guys were here was ****, but dang, I can't get any peace with this guy here. I'll just be glad when I have a day to relax without people coming in and out. My legs are feeling a bit better and so does my hand, so perhaps tomorrow I can get back to my exercise routine.

Last edited by Delphi; 10-05-2009 at 12:49 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:04 PM   #158  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

I'm back! ...I think

Hello to all my old friends and to all the new friends to be!

Things are finally starting to take shape around this place, although there are still boxes everywhere and things that haven't found their way to their place.

It was a move full of adventures, starting with the fact that the place was not left clean and we spent the first 3 or 4 days just scrubbing grime from everywhere. After the place was finally clean, we had to do some painting in the middle of the night so that the walls would be dry for when the movers arrived. Turns out the stairways are too narrow and our box spring didn't making up the stairs so we're sleeping on the floor ...good times LOL.

Delphi: I cannot understand how you managed to pack/unpack so fast, honestly, it feels like I've been going at it forever and I still see no end.

I still don't know what I will make my goals for October, but I wanted to show my face in here to get back on track. Eating has been horrible for the past couple of weeks (take out everyday) and no formal exercise, although I suppose scrubbing has to count for something.
Newshinyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:05 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 142/ticker/122

Height: 5'7"

Weighing in today... not so great... 132.6... up .2 from last week! GRRRR. I worked out every day but one - guess maybe I need to look a little closer at my intake. Plus this is the week before TOM so that could be part of the problem. I'll be working out tonight and I might make a chicken stirfry for dinner... I need to also start tanning! One month till vacation - YIKES!
ShrinkingAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:38 PM   #160  
Go Blue Team!

Ms.P - My DH and step daughter (and mother in law, and sister in law) have Celiacs Disease and can't have wheat, barley or rye. Let me know if you have ANY questions about cooking wheatless, since I do it everyday, lol. I will say, read the book Healthier Without Wheat It will help a lot. Wheat is in so many things that you wouldn't even think, lunchmeats, ice creams, pasta sauce. I could go on forever with all the information I have crammed in my head over the last 6 months. Last thing I will say is, try Tinkyada Brown Rice Pasta. The other brands are gross, Tinkyada and Trader Joes are the best. And the Brown Rice pasta is not too bad nutrition wise.

Feel free to PM me for as much or as little info as you want. We have experimented with almost every brand of bread/pasta/cereal/ other wheat free product. Oh, and Amazon is the best place to buy in bulk dry good items.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:47 PM   #161  
There is no spoon!

NSM ~ Hey girly. Well I don't exactly have a ton of stuff, but I literally spent, all day and all night, every day... going at it, even with the dry wall guys here, messing up everything. Which by the way, was aggravating to say the least. But I hurt my hand pretty bad, but I think it's finally getting better. All I lack is laying the plastic in the flower beds and then the mulch. But it's so cold here and the rain has just poured for days. I'm glad you are still checking in and "showing" your face. I sure would miss you, if you didn't. Then we would have to pull "ye ol' frying pan" out.

ShrinkingAmy ~ I'm always up the week before TOM, so that's probably what it is. Our bodies will retain that water...so you can at least take comfort in that.

Last edited by Delphi; 10-05-2009 at 01:48 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:04 PM   #162  
yoovie

I'm @ 209- my October goal is to make back to ONEderland THIS HALLOWEEN! so- 10 pounds this month. I can do this.

10/1/09 - 209

*makes super-serious face*
Old 10-05-2009, 02:36 PM   #163  

Height: 5'6"

Hi chicks,

Just a quickie right now, I really want to do personals but I have to get some papers graded and exercise so I don't have time.

I was not good yesterday and I am paying for it today. I'm usually at my parents' house (along with my sister and her kids) every Sunday and sometimes they have too many goodies laying around. This time she had this delicious coffee cake, normally I really don't care about coffee cake but this stuff was good! She had cut it in little pieces for everyone and I just kept grabbing pieces as I would walk past, grrr! Then after we got home I took a tiny nap and when I woke up I was starving! We ate some leftovers and the rest of the ice cream cake from Saturday, and I had planned on only eating a salad after all that coffee cake, argh! Needless to say, today I felt bloated and I know my weight is way up. So today I'm drinking lots of water and trying to keep it lower carb. I'm am making pizza tonight (this was already planned) but its a thin whole wheat crust and I'm going to make part of the pizza lighter for me. We're also going to have a big salad to go with it. I think I am pre-TOM and that's why a couple of times yesterday and today I have felt like I was starving.

I'm so glad for you girls because you help me stay on track after I mess up. Where before I might keep eating bad for days after messing up.
ruth135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:41 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Okay, well, I'm feeling a little better now that I've gotten some water and healthy food in me--oh, and a nice warm shower (would have been hot as all get out, but I had company ).

Tummy~ I am such a moron! Duh--you typed all of them out for me!!! How did I not see the Lean program on there? Sheesh...that's what I get for skimming stuff during a hectic week! So, do you think there's any harm in starting the Lean program from Day 2 since I did Day 1 of Classic today? I hope not...I mean, I know I can do whatever, but you know how OCD I am about this sort of thing I'd stick with Classic--but I am kind of nervous about the Plyometrics and my knee...whatcha think?

MsP~ thanks hun! I would've had video of me running, but my poor ds forgot to hit record (because hubby didn't remind him to) and so there's no video. I'm not bothered by it at all, but my poor kid--he was bummed about it the whole day!! Oh believe me, I've learned my lesson--no way I'm doing that again! Next Birthday--it's one cupcake and NO access to the snack table in any way!!! Good luck on the dietary changes--looks like you've got a couple of girls here to help you out in that area!

Cle~ thanks hun! Oooh, it's a surprise party to boot? Now that's going to be so much fun!!!

Delphi~ geez, I'm still in awe over here!!! I just don't know how you do it all!!!! Glad to hear your legs and hand are feeling better!!! And so glad you're back posting again!!

NSM~ Heya girlie!!! Glad to see you popping in!!! I'm with Delphi, I sure would miss you if you didn't. Sorry to hear they didn't clean when they left--I hate cleaning other peoples' ick!!! Here's to hoping you're unpacked before me! Hope to having you posting again daily soon!

ShrinkingAmy~ pre TOM always has me up--so that could very well be it. Make sure to get all your water in and that'll help.

Nella~ heya girlie!!!

yoovie~ Good luck on your October Goals!!

Well ladies, I've basically done nothing all day besides nurse my aching head and make the girls lunch. I'm starting to feel better so that's good. I still have HIIT to do tonight, so I hope I'm feeling 100% by then--if not, I'll have to suck it up and tough it out.

Okay, just wanted to check in so I wouldn't be too far behind tonight! Hope everyone's having a great day!!!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:47 PM   #165  
Go Blue Team!

Question for everyone - do any of you use one of those calorie counting HRM's? There are a few on Amazon for like $90 (I really want a Body Bugg, but can't bring myself to spend that much). I just don't think I'm getting an accurate count during my workouts when I put the info into Fitday. Any thoughts, advise, suggestions are welcomed!!