Old 09-18-2009, 06:44 AM   #466  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Good Morning Ladies!

Down a bit this morning again, and Sandye, I have no clue why, with a pre-TOM week[how are you holding up] , but I'm not knocking it either. And another busy day and I get to leave and run errands today. I thought I would check in and say hello and thanks for all the kind words. And customer service has still not worked the bugs out with my account..I'm highly frustrated with them as well. I hate not knowing my deficit for the day...just bugs the fire out of me.

jessica ~ The only thing we can take comfort in, when Darth Scale is being a pain, is the fact that we are doing everything right. You essentially have to ignore what the scale says and keep pressing on. If you are POP, then you are retaining water when the scale is up. The best way to counter that is to drink water. But don't drink it in quantities. Drink it consistently throughout the day. It doesn't have to be much, just a little all day long.

Tummy ~ Good luck, I was laughing so hard I couldn't stop until I was finished. However, I told my friend..that I had to finish all the pages, just to verify my crazy arse wasn't one of those peopleofwalmart.

Last edited by Delphi; 09-18-2009 at 06:48 AM.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:51 AM   #467  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

Question

Good Mornings Ladies
I need some advice.

I bought a new digital scale last night to replace my old spring monster. There's about a 5 -6 pound difference between the two.

I'm not sure how to adjust my ticker numbers. Should I add to my start weight & current weight? Or should I just keep subtracting from here on out?
What have others done?
Thanks for any help or suggestions,
susiemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:55 AM   #468  
There is no spoon!

If it were me, I would add to start weight, that way it evens out for you Susie.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:11 AM   #469  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
If it were me, I would add to start weight, that way it evens out for you Susie.
That's what I thought I was going to do UNTIL...

I just got back on the new scale & then on the old scale- side by side.
They are within 1lb. of each other. No adjustment necessary -
except for my attitude & behavior.
I've gained 3lbs!

I just assume last night when I tested the scale it was heavier.
No -
I'm heavier

I'm off to feed some sheep, take a walk & then go to the store an buy some gold stars to put on my calendar for everyday that I'm OP.

I'm going to start losing weight again - no matter what I have to do

Last edited by susiemartin; 09-18-2009 at 08:13 AM.
susiemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 09:04 AM   #470  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies!!! After a rough week dealing with very attitude filled teenage girls I have been at my wits end - however there is a silver lining to my week so far. A.) It's Friday!!! B.) The scale said 178.8!!!!!!!! I've been OP if you average my calories (some days were high, some were low) and I am just shocked. I've only gotten 2 workouts in this week too. Maybe my body just needed a little down time to get moving again.

As long as it stays in the 170's tomorrow I will be a happy, happy girl. It's been 3 years since I've seen the 170's. Getting closer to my goal and it feels GREAT!

I hope everyone has a lovely Friday!!!
Nella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 09:25 AM   #471  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning girlies!!!!

Nella~ hope your visit was fun! Hey, send some rain out my way k? We need it!! Hope the DVDs are fun! Hey! I just saw your latest post--WTG The 170's!!! That is so awesome!!! Definitely a just reward after a week with teenage girls! (wanna trade yours for my screamy/whiny 3 year olds? ) Congrats hun, you're doing an amazing job!!!

Delphi~ WOWZA!!! I swear, each time you post progress pics I think I can't be any more shocked at how much you've lost but every new pic leaves me with my jaw hitting the floor! Dang girlie! Your side profile--what an insane difference!!!!! You look FANTASTIC hun and I am so proud of you!!! Congrats on the loss too!! I'm with ya, the scale is being kind this week, despite it being pre-TOM and I'm not complaining!

MsP~ I hope you're feeling 100% today! How was that snuggle with hubby last night? Congrats on the loss and WTG with working out even though you didn't want to! I hear ya on the pre-TOM moodiness--I'm a mess today! Grrr!

shasha~ good idea about the scale! If it starts to dictate your mood--you gotta take a break imo. Just keep fighting the good fight as Delphi always says and pay attention to how clothes are fitting, etc., it'll all come together.

Tummy~ Virgin Fat!!! WTG girlie!!! I guess your body figured you weren't going to stop working out and eating right and finally conceded huh? WTG showing that fat who's boss!!! Yee haw! Man, sorry you're still having internet problems, what a pita! Hope your 50 min run is a good one!!!

SG~ I totally kwym, I think as women we're already predisposed, to some degree, to compare ourselves to other women--and when we start comparing our weight or weight loss to other's--it's can be like playing with fire. I decided when I set out this time that I was going to do my best to be happy with how I was doing--and there have been times I've been frustrated, but for the most part I've kept my chin up most of the time. Of course that is due largely in part to this wonderful group of ladies! Anyway, I'm super proud of you--no matter what the dumb scale says! And speaking of which, congrats on the loss! Woo hoo! I hope it sticks for you!!! And I hope the funk passes soon--I think a lot of us are pre-TOM or TOM right now and so I think a bunch of us are going through that right now (myself included).

Susie~ okay, if you're going to be that grateful to Delphi for the link, I've gotta check it out! Hope you're having a great day hun! Just saw your latest post--sorry about the gain hun, but it sounds like it might have been just the kick you needed! Now get out there and feed those sheep, take your walk and go buy some gold stars!!! Next week I want to hear that you have a gold star on each and every day--got it? Good! You CAN do this hun, I have no doubt!!!!

jessica~ don't fret hun, I'm sure the fluctuations are just that--fluctuations. Especially if you're maybe getting TOM--I remember getting all bloaty and weird when TOM came back after weaning the girls and I'm sure the hormones and stuff have something to do with it ya know? I do know that since you're staying OP and exercising that it is not due to gaining fat! So you just keep doing what you're doing and it'll even out soon.

T G I F ! ! !

And I mean that with ever fiber of my being! It's been a long week--hubby's been gone all but one night this week (he'll be gone tonight too) working on his cousin's car and that means I've had all the bedtime stuff alone. It's not usually a big deal, but the girls have been overtired and extremely whiny and defiant and I'm pre-TOM--need I say more? We thought hubby was going to have to work tomorrow but it turns out he doesn't have to! That means I don't have to wake up at 5:00 to run and it also means I can go to Goodwill early and hit their 50% off sale! I have been having great luck finding some awesome clothes there so I'm looking forward to it! (seriously, Tommy and Gap jeans for $4!!! How can you beat that? Oh yeah, by slashing them 50% so that they're $2!!! )

Down a bit more today 138.8, I'm getting there slowly but surely. I'm just glad the Anniversary dinner didn't start off another stall out!

I've been figuring my calories this week--I'm doing calorie cycling and my low day of 1185 is just too low for me and my high day of 1587 is too high--if I do manage to eat that much I end up feeling icky. Anyway, so I ate more on my low day and I've been keeping track of my cals--so far I'm -415 calories for the week. Anyone else figure their calories for the week? Ugh...I just can't seem to get a handle on how many calories I should be eating, I'm not hungrier, but something's telling me I should up them or maybe stop cycling for a while and go back to a fixed daily goal?? I dunno--just ignore me, this is probably pre-TOM ranting here.

Heading to Open Gym today with the girls, met a few ladies there last week and they invited me to join them this week Could it be I'm finally making friends here?

Well, better get a move on, we're supposed to be there in 30 mins and I still need to get the girls ready!

Have a great day ladies and don't forget to...

Drink Your Water!!!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 09:30 AM   #472  
There is no spoon!

Susie ~ I think you are probably very active enough, to be burning a good amount of calories a day...with the farm and all the work that be required. I think if you start tracking your calories, you will see the pounds start flying off of you. I can't remember what plan your on, but I'd bet the calorie intake is where you can best the weight loss.

Nella ~ Sorry to hear about the domestic issues. Hopefully, things will get better soon and for staying on plan.

Sandye ~ Wow..130's...man did you ever think we would be this far along? Just the numbers alone are jaw dropping, considering where we all started. It's really impressive how you've managed to keep going, because it keeps me going..everyday..and don't you forget it lady. So open gym day..eh? Is that like a free day or something? Regardless, have fun darling and enjoy time off with hubby.

Shrinking ~ Yeah, I learned a long time ago, not to compare my loss with anyone elses. We are all different and we will all lose differently. Some people have very active lives and then people like me, spend most of the day not very active at all. You can only lose at the rate your body will allow it. Our bodies do not like letting go of the fat it has hoarded. You are doing just fine with your journey. Make it your own and believe in yourself..as that will carry you and comfort you.

As for me, I did more purging of clothes yesterday. For those of you that have been here awhile, remember when I purged my closet the last time and added all the clothes that were too small in hopes of getting into them. Well, packed most of them up yesterday, as they are ALL too big. The lowest size I have now is Junior 11's...so after that, it will be time to buy a whole new wardrobe...which is exciting indeed. One more pound to a normal BMI and on the eve of a whole new generation of clothing. I'm so pumped. I actually like trying on clothes...I don't know about you guys, but I'm changing clothes like two times a day. Sometimes three...and with four boys and my new obsession with clothes...I'm doing too much laundry.

At any rate, you ladies have a great day and a great weekend.

Last edited by Delphi; 09-18-2009 at 10:16 AM.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:00 AM   #473  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning Ladies,

Nella - I know isn't it great? lol, why didn't we think of it sooner, I know we've all seen those folks at Wal-mart, heck I may have been one of those folks on occasion. Congrats on the 170's that's fantastic and it the midst of teenage attitude too, that's just amazing too, WTG!

Jessicado - I'm sure it's TOM or just some natural fluctuation of your body, there's no way you've mysteriously overate 10,500 calories in the last few days without realizing it. I'm sure you're good and it will leave as mysteriously as it came. You're doing great!

Delphi - Oh crap, I never thought of that, I might be in there, that never crossed my mind...until now! Well dd can't read yet, she can watch and we'll have mommy daughter time while I confirm I'm not on there, lol. Congrats on the down a bit again. I know I'm so excited too, there is only one suit in my closet that doesn't fit, otherwise everything I own I can wear or is too big and already shipped out. Laundry is a mess here too, I have two sets of workout clothes every day and then usually three outfits, unless we go out and then it's four, we've created monsters, but really hot monsters! I don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to buying clothes I get to keep, right now I'm wondering when I buy something if my friend might like it when I'm done, needless to say I want to keep some clothes soon. But I want to keep clothes that don't have a 1 in front of them.

Susie - Oh good for you, those other scales are frustrating with the bouncy needle thingy, hate that. I have no advice, I've always had a digital so I'll leave that for others and just say hi.

Sandye - That fat's been fired, that's how much the boss I am! The run was weird but good, it was supposed to be an easy pace, slower than normal so it took some getting used to in order to get my strdie right and things, I felt a little forrest gumpy while I was out there today but about 3/4 of the way through I figured it out. Hopefully next Friday will be better but the time flew by and changes are I was overthinking it too much which is usually my problem. Have fun at the gym with the ladies, I hope you find some nice ppl to hang out with, I know I'm looking forward to our playgroup starting again on next Wednesday so we get out and about a bit more. Congrats on the loss again, you're almost to 135! i don't know if you're aware but that's something a skinny person would weigh And I can't help you so much on the calories either I'm a bit all over the place but I'm finding out that 1400 is too low even on rest days, 1800 is good on days I have three workouts and 1600 is good when I have one workout or two lighter ones, I think What I've been doing is menuing for 1600 then adding an extra 50-75 cal to my snacks if I feel hungrier than anticipated. That's the plan this week and we'll see. But I'm not starving anymore and I have enough mojo for my workouts so I guess it's good.

Got some "To Do" list things to cross off today, need to try and find a new doctor here since I haven't found a new family physican since we moved here and it's about time, need a haircut, dd needs portraits done for the grandparents, all that pidly stuff that I always put off forever. But on the bright side dinner and lunch are already made, I was on a cooking roll yesterday so i've got no excuse to not get this other stuff done today.

Down another 0.2 today to 167.6 even after a very short nights sleep so that was a nice surprise, I usually retain fluid if I don't sleep enough but even with a puffy face it was down a little. Ok off to get stuff accomplished.
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:02 AM   #474  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Delphi-So fantastic about the way you're flying through sizes! Wow! I am holding steady right now, but I'm convinced another 5 pounds or so will send me securely into the next size.

Susie-I think Delphi is right about the calories. I can eat right and NOT exercise and still lose (albeit slowly), but if my food is off, even when I'm active/exercising, I get no results.

Sandye-Don't know what to tell you about your calorie thing. I don't count calories like that. I think cycling is absolutely a sound idea, so I wouldn't toss it out, but maybe you could just make it a little less of a difference. I don't know. Have fun at Open Gym and good luck making some new friends there!

As for me, no change on the scale today, but it must be water related. I didn't get my usual amount yesterday. Food and exercise were OP, though. I've gotten my vitamin everyday except maybe 2 days all month, so that's a better habit in the making there. Today I'm making cookies with DD2 for snacks for tomorrow. We're going up to clear land and burn brush all day. I haven't made cookies for months and I think it's time to bless the world with my Amazing Chocolate Chip Cookies! I will certainly try to behave myself with them. I am feeling better today for sure. I've gotten better and more sleep and I don't have any pressing obligations today...so we're gonna just take it easy!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:08 AM   #475  
There is no spoon!

Tummy ~ Ya, I know it. I might have to use my Christmas money to purchase clothes that actually fit. This time of the year is always tight money wise. With Halloween and Christmas around the corner, I have to scratch and save all I can. Which to a certain extent worries me. I thought clothes looked bad on my when I was big, but oh no, it seems like big clothes, look really bad on me now. I don't wanna be saggin' until Christmas. Congrats on being down a little more and have fun with those errands.

MsP ~ You've done so well and as far as I'm concerned, slow and steady wins the race.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:17 AM   #476  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Hi all,

popping in to say hi! I will catch up with all the posts later; just wanted to wish everyone a good day.
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:29 AM   #477  
April

S/C/G: 203/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6''

Scales up some again today, but I haven't ran the last two days so that might be why, and it's raining today Argh I really don't enjoy this cold, wet weather, but then again, who really does?

I worked all day yesterday, and had to bake a cake and decorate it last night. But I managed to avoid easting much of it

I'm once again really far behind on personals.

Hope everyone is doing great!!
aprilcp12344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:38 AM   #478  

Hi everyone,
I have been off the computer for a couple of days now and still need to go back and catch up on the reading of posts. I just wanted to say hi and that I am still here and OP I seem though to be getting hungry shortly after I've had something to eat which is weird. I think it may be the water -my body just doesn't like it.
Well I hope you all have a great day and congratulations to all of you who are losing and staying OP
Bigmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:42 PM   #479  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

Sandye - Thanks for all the encouragement! It's so nice to have all you gals here to cheer along on this journey. And have fun at open gym! p.s. I'll trade you 3 year olds for teenagers any day, lol. j/k I love my step daughters, but holy emotional rollercoasters! I now know what my own mother went through, lol.

Tummy - Sometimes the silly stuff is the hardest to get done. It's always "oh, I can do that tomorrow" and then it never gets done. Good for you for having lunch AND dinner ready already!! That's an accoplishment in itself.

Delphi - Try taking Sandye's advice and check out Goodwill for some inbetween clothes. If there is one in a nicer part of town, you'll probably find name brand stuff for like 2-4 bucks a piece! I remember finding a designer suit there for $5, it was like a $500 suit!

Ms.P - Have fun baking cookies!! Don't forget to treat yourself to one Who can not have at least one?
Nella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:43 PM   #480  
Rawr!

S/C/G: 210/122.2/130

Height: 5'2"-5'3"

So I guess it's time for an update on how I'm doing on this challenge. My goal is 8 pounds, 171.5lbs by September 30th, today I weighed in at 173 and that would put me at 1.5 pounds to lose with about 12 days to go. Should be no problem right? Well I'm a little worried because my weigh in before today's had me at 177 so that's a whopping 4 pounds down in one week! Seems a little iffy to me, now I'm dreading next weight day (a week from today) I haven't gone up on any of my weigh days so far so I'm not sure how I'll handle it if I do, even if it just evens me out. Granted I was on my TOM the week before so maybe I was less then 177 and retaining water and now I'm not, cross your fingers for me.

I've also been under a lot of stress, birthdays this month, my first cold since I started, family coming to visit. Off my routine (but still sticking to calorie limit). This weekend will be the real challenge as I'm going on a mini vacation with my mother-in-law to celebrate my daughters and my birthdays and lets just say my mother-in-law isn't always so understanding when it comes to my saying 'no thanks' to some things. So yea, I'm stressing hard but I wont give in! I wont!

So wish me luck! I've really wanted to get more active in this thread but maybe this month wasn't the best to start, October I'll jump right in for sure! I'm still enjoying the challenge part of it tho and even with as hectic as this month has been for me it makes it a bit more fun since it really does make it a challenge!

Last edited by MeowMix; 09-18-2009 at 12:54 PM.
MeowMix is offline   Reply With Quote