Old 09-15-2009, 04:51 PM   #421  

S/C/G: 278/ticker/175

Height: 5'11"

WOW!!! I haven't checked in on this thread in a while and boy have you all been busy. it is awesome to see!!! Cognrats to everyone and all of your successes no matter how small. In the end they all add up to something really big.

Started the C25K yesterday. Man am i pumped. Today is weightloss yoga with Bob harper from BL. He is tough but man is he effective. I am already seeing great results in muscle tone.

CW 257.8 I am on my way to that 249. Back on strict plan. TOM is gone and that is a good thing. This one was not that bad and I managed to attack the cravings with high protein snacks versus junk food and chocolate.

Keep up the great work and best wishes to all of you!!!
jellofer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 04:59 PM   #422  
WaLk-iT-OuT

S/C/G: 179/160/125

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies .... happy tuesday!

Sasha: I am sorry to hear about your friends mother. Keep your head up and keep her in your prayers. Glad you enjoyed Zumba, sounds like fun!

Shrinking Girl: I used to run before work and it was DARK!! My DH finally made me stop running so early. Plus I wear headphones and can't hear a thing. Just BE careful hun! Hopefully you find an alternate route, like you said.

Tummy Girl: WOW! You look awesome! And i love that brown vest you have on in the 2nd pic. You look hot!

Miss Mallee: Oh, I know what you mean about having a hurtful grocery bill! I walk out of the grocery store sometimes spending $200+. Are you making the frozen meals urself, or buying frozens?

iDream: I use the daily plate at livestrong.com RELIGIOUSLY! LoL I like it because it tracks your cals, as well as physical activity you've done. And it gives you extra calories when you work out, which saves me some days! And congrats on 29 minutes of running, that's awesome ... your workin your way up!

Jessicado: Glad to be back! Hopefully you get your full workout in today. I get bummed when I miss a workout too! Guess that's a good thing, right?

Today I burned 580 cals on the elliptical. My hip is almost back to normal, and then I can finally run! But now i'm getting used to the elliptical, so I may alternate days.

Ok, i need to grab some lunch ... talk to you ladies soon!
misspiggy408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:01 PM   #423  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Afternoon,

SG - LOL Mrs Doubtfire, I know exactly how it should sound. Hope you get in you ride after work tonight, a new route might be just what the doctor ordered. And the bnoogeyman is rather stupid, he'll never find you if you change it up. You're very welcome, that's what I'm here for, and honestly I think anything's possible nowadays, just some determination and presto!

NSM - Oh I hope they leave it nice and tidy for you, I hate moving into a mess, some ppl have no manners Thanks, it is pretty neat to see the pictures, I was a bit surprised at the difference between last month and yesterday myself, I wasn't expecting it to be so dramatic. Just shows how useful those things are. Have fun painting and bravo on tracking that food, it will make everything soooo much easier when you get back into your new routine at the new place.

Oh gotta run, bbl

Last edited by Tummy Girl; 09-15-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:19 PM   #424  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

i am wasted (tired). just checking in to give a little wave.
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:59 PM   #425  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls.

Nothing positive on the home front.

I hope you all are doing well.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 08:56 PM   #426  
April

S/C/G: 203/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6''

Just swinging through to say hi! No exercise today, but right on plan with water and food. I needed a rest day, I ran the last 4 days. Love it! Decided to move my ticker to what my new scale says. 171.2. Not to bad, so I just have to work harder to get back down below 70.

Got the rest of my stuff from my father's house. Almost. One more tiny load and it's all done with.

The Biggest Loser Season 8 is on tonight!! Gotta go!!

Personals later! Have a great night!
aprilcp12344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:39 PM   #427  

Height: 6'1

Sandye- omigosh, you look so great in your anniversary pic. Sorry it took me so long to see it, my work has this annoying picture block on certain forums.
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:58 PM   #428  
Sensewear and WW

S/C/G: 230/195.2/164

Height: 5'9"

Tummy and Sandye - You both look awesome in your pictures. What an inspiration to keep going!

As for me, I have been pretty absent from the boards as I just felt like I was in a funk. I am down another 1.0 lbs so now I really feel like I am in the 100s to stay (196.6!!!) I have had to try and increase my calorie intake as P90X is kick my behind and I just felt too drained. I think the food intake change has kicked my metabolism back into gear. It's about time after almost a month plateau.
nellonello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:11 PM   #429  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Back again,

Shasha - yup the last two pictures were one month apart. I'm glad zumba was a blast, nice to have the workout fly by like that and be fun. I have no doubt you can do that by Christmas either.

Jessicado - Thanks you're sweet. You ran without holding on, that's incredible, good for you! Those little ppl sure have a mind of their own but I'm sure you're right and she was just overtired, it does mine in everytime too.

Delphi - So you officially have much cooler friends than I do. I know an electrician and massage therapist, tons of social workers and one army sniper. No explosive guys at all. I think that sounds great, there's no greater way to stay on track that inspiring others, kwim

Ruth -Finally! Glad he made an appearance so he can head on out and leave you in relative peace for your mini vaca. And thanks so very much.

Jacque - You are one determined lady, less determined folk would have just written off the day, that's why you are your thin bad self. Learning from the master

Bigmid - Nothing gets under my skin like computer issues either, hopfully you'll be back up to full power soon. And thanks

Jellofer - Congrats on the C25K that's fantastic and for managing TOM so well, I guess that might be key since he hangs out with us so much.

Misspiggy - Thanks, and I love the vest too, it just makes me sad that it won't fit much longer, but I guess just as cute things will. Great burn on that there elliptical, awesome, can't wait till you're running crazy again like the rest of us!

Dcapulet - LMAO so you're not drunk, if it wasn't so bad towards out efforts here that would be terribly funny.

JasonLea - I hope there's positive stuff to report soon.

Aprilcp - Glad things are still going great in your neck of woods. I'm sure you'll be back to 168 in no time flat.

Nello - I was wondering where my partner in crime was. Isn't it nuts? I ate a 1400 day on Sunday (the rest day) and I swear it took me until today to stop being hungry b/c of it. I'm up to 1800 for the last two days and finally feel at a good spot. on the 196! You're totally out of that 200 zone now chickie.

Off to have another delightful bath, liked that one so much yesterday gonna do it again. I actually watched the biggest loser tonight. Dh suggested I might like it since I'm such a big loser, isn't he a doll? I hadn't seen it before and it just broke my heart. It's really voyeuristic and sensational (like maybe the 4oz. shirt isn't going to make a huge difference so let's not stare at people's stretch marks) but it was touching all at the same time. And it sure makes you glad you stopped gaining when you did. Another thing that I thought was interesting was that doctor fellow who said that losing this amount of weight without surgery is virtually unheard of and they wanted to study it in more depth. It just brought home how incredible we are all doing and how hard we all work to get it down and keep it that way, so big to all of us, wtg ladies.

Last edited by Tummy Girl; 09-15-2009 at 11:12 PM.
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 05:16 AM   #430  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tummy Girl View Post
I actually watched the biggest loser tonight. Dh suggested I might like it since I'm such a big loser, isn't he a doll?
I have watched that show every season....last year was the first season that I didn't have a snack (unhealthy) during the show. That was the an AH HA moment for me. I plan on making it through this season the same way too.

I was balling when they were all telling their stories,....especially the woman who lost her entire family.
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:20 AM   #431  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 226/ticker/175

Helllooooo Chickies!!

*Ahem*
May I point out the third dancing fatty in my signature? That's right, woke up today at 211.4 which means I am officially down 15 lbs from my start date and let me tell you... I am feeling GOOOOOOD. I swear the running gives me more endorphins than anything else, I'm absolutely batty today I'm in such a great mood. WooHoo! Oh, and that evil laughter? This morning I laughed WITH it... it's not so evil sounding the second time around thank goodness!

I made plans last night to meet my parents Thursday for dinner at a steak place and I'm a bit nervous about THAT, but I'm fairly certain I can be reasonable. I usually save a lot of my calories for dinner anyway and I'm not so in love with steak that having chicken (hmmm maybe a chicken salad) would break my heart.

NSM Good to see you around!

Shasha Thanks! My DH is still amazed when I get back from my runs and I've had so much success with the C25k that he's thinking of trying it in the spring! I have NEVER been a runner and it feels so good to be able to go for 25 minutes! So glad to hear your Zumba was fun. yay!

jessicado Don't you worry, 255 will be back before you know it!

jellofer Good luck with the C25k!

misspiggy You know, I've been shocked that my DH hasn't raised a stink about it, he's usually so paranoid, but I guess it makes him feel better that I run in the middle of nowhere as he's more worried about cars since we don't have sidewalks. At any rate, I usually tell him the exact time I should be walking through the door so he can come find me if I don't! Ouch, hip problems! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Tummy Haha, every single time I write that Helloooo, that's the sound that goes through my head. It cracks me up I tell ya.

Jasons Here's hoping you have plenty of positive things to report today!

nello Save a spot for me in onderland, will ya? I hear the weather is nice there!

Okies! I'm off to teach the youth of America.... be afraid, be very afraid.
Shrinking Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:24 AM   #432  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Ladies!!!

Delphi~ thanks hun! I had forgotten about myfitnesspal! I'll have to go check it out! I can't think of a better person to be the poster child for weight loss through gaming!!! You'll have to share the story you write up for them when you do! That'll be so cool!!

Tummy~ my fil is the same way about privacy. He's a retired detective and when we were staying with them during the whole Katrina mess (boy was that fun--NOT!) he was getting phone calls from reporters asking if they could interview us--how they knew about us being there is beyond me, and he told them no. He also asked us not to mention his name if someone asked us where we were staying. He's helped to put more than a few bad guys away and he doesn't want/need his face and personal info splashed all over. Congrats on getting the clothes out! I still need to haul mine to Goodwill! It is funny how it works out isn't it? 50 lbs--that's just too funny! It blows my mind to think about how much extra weight I used to carry around--if I tried to haul that up and down the stairs now I'd be exhausted! Wait a sec...I was always exhausted! Congrats on the continued loss!!!

SG~ Woo hoo on the panties!!! Look at that happy little fatty dancing with his friends!! Congrats hun! I KNEW you'd hit that mark soon! Glad to hear the evil laughter was met with laughter today! I need to add a few songs to my playlist which means looking for some new ones--I'm so clueless about that kind of stuff! I hear ya on the endorphins! I still haven't had a runner's high yet, but I can tell ya I'm feeling pretty darn good after my runs!!

NSM~ WTG with keeping track of your food hun! I'm proud of you! Thanks so much for the sweet words too. Sounds like you'll be going non-stop here for a bit, just think of all the calories you'll burn cleaning and painting! Remember how sore Delphi was after she painted her room? Log that as exercise baby!!

Shasha
~ glad to hear you had fun at Zumba! I wish hubby got home earlier so I could try out a class. Hope your car didn't take too long to service! I hate waiting for that type of stuff!

Jessica~ aww, sorry you didn't get to try the Zumba class! I know all about little people hindering your workout efforts! You're doing great regardless and I'm sure you'll get your workouts all figured out and she'll get more comfortable with being watched by others (I say this while my girls are petrified of nearly everyone other than family and there's not a snowball's chance in he** that they'd have fun being watched by strangers! ). Sorry to hear about the gain, but you're the way you're handling it ROCKS! Just a fluctuation, that's all, just keep going!

Ruth
~ thanks hun! Glad to hear TOM finally showed up, now hopefully he gets his business over with and leaves you alone for your vacation!

Jacque~ aww man! Sorry to hear TOM's bugging you too! Hope you slept better last night, those sleepless nights can really take their toll!

Bigmid~ thanks dear! Sorry to hear you're having computer issues! I hope that it shapes up and works properly--we don't need you MIA over computer problems!!

jellofer~ sounds like you're doing great! Good luck with the C25K! It's a great program!!! WTG defeating those TOM cravings!!

MissP~ My hubby hates that I'm running in the dark! Yesterday he asked me if I could please wear a white shirt so I could be seen easier! I assured him that I was pretty safe running in our subdivision on the SIDEWALK and that if someone is going to hit me up there (there's a strip of grass between the sidewalk and street) then they were doing it intentionally and wearing white wouldn't really help! He's already mentioned asking his dad to get me some mace to carry with me. WTG on the elliptical! That sounds like an awesome workout!!

dcapulet~ Hi right back at ya! Hope you got some good rest last night hun!!

JasonsLea~ hope things start looking up soon hun!

April~ Woo hoo! WTG getting in 4 runs!! You deserve a rest day!

Nello~ thanks hun! Congrats on the loss! From what Tummy has said, the P90X is making her need more calories too--great job listening to your body and upping them! I bet you're right, it was probably just what your metabolism needed!!! Hope you're out of your funk--but if not, we'll shake it outta ya if need be!

Ahhh, it's another beautiful day here! Have I mentioned before that I love living in the Midwest? I love it!!! Now if I can just convince my Mom to move out here...

My scale and I are on speaking terms again. I was happy to see 140 this morning so I'm back to my ticker weight! Now to get back into the 130's!!!

Got all of my workouts in without the girls waking up , that always makes me happy! Still haven't showered yet (PU!) but I'll get it in here soon.

Got my exercise bands yesterday! Now I just need my P90X and I'm set! I was going to contact the guy I bought them from and ask where they heck they are, but I noticed he put an 'expected delivery date' of 9/11-9/22 so I can't really justify griping just yet. Sigh...I hate waiting for stuff!!!

Other than that, not much else to report. Hubby's been working on his cousin's car every night this week so I haven't seen him much. He'll be home at the regular time tonight though so that's good.

I've been having a heck of a time getting out of bed the past couple of days! I've slept in until 6:00 and I can't be doing that! Especially on my C25K days. So please, send me early wake up vibes for tomorrow! I'm doing my best to go to bed by 10:00, any earlier and I think I'd have trouble falling asleep. Of course, if my kids would just sleep through the night I'm sure I wouldn't have any trouble waking up on time!

Well ladies, I'll shut up now. Have a great day and be sure to...

Drink Your Water!!!

and

Take Your Vitamins!!!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:49 AM   #433  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

Shrinking Girl - Congrats on the 15 pound loss!!!

I am happy to report that after being stuck at 183 for almost a week and a half, the scale decided to be nice and say 181 today!! yay!! That means I am 10 pounds down from starting weight. I feel like these are the hardest 10 pounds I have ever lost. I've worked harder for them than I've ever had to before. I miss my 18 year old metabolism, lol. So, 10 down, 40 more to go!
Nella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:55 AM   #434  

Height: 6'1

I had to take my car to the dealer yesterday after work, just for regular maintenance. I knew it would take about 1-1.5 hours. I waited there hoping that I could still make it for my 6:30 kickbox class class since I had about 3 hours. Well it took over 2 hours because of course they ALWAYS find something that needs to be fixed thus causing my bill to go well over what I want to pay. Somewhere in the mix, I got a bad headache and by the time I made it home, it was past 6. So needless to say, didn't workout yesterday as planned. Unfortunatly, did some carb loading because I was hungry and ate some leftover rice/shrimp before dinner. But today, is the usual trainer session. Also I'm going to start going to the gym during lunch a couple times a week. My coworker lives really close to work and he lives in a swanky complex where they have a nice gym on site. Its only like a 5 minute drive. I think I am going to try and get some running in there.
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:36 AM   #435  

good morning chickiessssssssssssss

Im still here! I need to catch up with all the posts. Congrats on the lossess. THe month is flyinggggggg. The wedding was nice sunday, it's just been so busy...all else seems like a blur. Mom's bday is this weekend and I usually have a party but taking her out instead this year. Following week is the annual rehab party and now working on some fall cleaning, the assessors are coming first weekend in Oct. ( I know we dont want it to look too good but uk how it is, lol). Been busy catching up with some things around here and we are also in the midst of planning an anniversary party (second wk. of oct) for my parents. Other news, some family stuff gong on with a potential sale of in laws house. My news aside, eating has been okay and I have been active but bad at keeping my minutes this month.

Welcome to those of you who joined in and you will be put on the list. Miss you gals .......hope you are all doing well. Oh, I am also getting my new phone and plan.......I was still on cingular! lol : ). Going back there tonight to pick it up. chat soon.
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote