Old 09-16-2009, 12:36 PM   #436  

S/C/G: 310/169/155

Height: 5'5"

Hiya ladies--sorry no time for personals this morning as I have to run out the door for an appointment, but just thought I would stop by to check in. Scale was still up today and I couldn't figure out why as I have been working my butt off and doing great calorie wise, until I realized good ole TOM has come to visit me. At least then I felt better about the 3 pound gain!
jessicado22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:07 PM   #437  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

just checking in. weight today 176.8! my end of september goal is 175, im feeling hopeful! hope everyone else is doing well!
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:46 PM   #438  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies! Been a busy day. I'm down another half pound today, so that's good since TOM is looming.
I am not healthy yet. Still have the sore throat, but it's got me drinking extra water and I've kept on with my exercise which, strangely, I think has helped. I think this may be a short cold. We'll see.
Many of you doing great things I wish I had time to congratulate and comment....maybe tomorrow.

Last edited by Ms Perception; 09-16-2009 at 02:46 PM.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:47 PM   #439  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Howdy Ladies, just a quick hello, my internet has been down all morning and I've managed to make my house an even bigger mess by pulling things out to re-organize, clothes, change of season clothes and stuff like that. I'll catch up with you marvelous ladies later tonight. Down a smidge this morning, a smidge is 0.2lbs in my world to 168.6, I swear, this old body of mine is making me work for my 167. I want virgin fat dang it!
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:22 PM   #440  
One day at a time.

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/135-120

Hey Ladies,

So, I haven't caught up completely on everyone's posts, but I have the gist of them! And I'm sorry for just how long this post is.

Sandye; I went through those two websites completely before I even started putting together a list. I'll post the websites again, so you don't have to go and search through the posts. I'm still looking through some websites; there are just so many and many come with their own (free) recipes. For my first batch of freezer meals, I used the "Cook Yourself Thin" recipes. If you don't know what that is, you should definitely look them up and watch their shows. I've tried a couple of their recipes and wow, they're amazing! You could even buy some dishes (Tupperware) that cuts the Lasagna in half. And freeze them that way, and to make sure they last, put the ziplock bag over the tupperwear. That's what I hear you should do. Next time, I'll probably make some sauces (like spaghetti) or even pizza sauce (CYT has an amazing recipe!) and just freeze them that way. So I'll just have to open the ziplock bag slightly and heat in the microwave. But they do recommend starting off slow, until you get your own system down and see how you like it.

And one website that I just found says you can freeze casserole dishes. Just place foil over it and freeze. I'm not trying to do it with actual dishes, in case I need them later. But, my great grandmother taught us how to make (say a wedding topper cake) last in the freezer for that year. This is how we package seperate servings of meat; wrap it in plastic wrap completely, and then with the foil. If you can, then slid it in the zip lock. We don't do the ziplock, but out meat is never freezer burned and it could take us a while to actually thaw it out, months, maybe even 6 months.

And I did have that Idea in high school. XD I took the PE classes at the college; yoga, women on weights, and lifetime health, so I can't take anymore for credits. But I know my Women on Weights teacher will help me in the gym if I need it.

Now I'm ing.

Tummy Girl; Thank you. This was all more of a discovered I can create freezer meals, read as much as I could until my every-two-weeks grocery shopping ritual. I'm still reading up about it. Like, I was thinking about making mashed potatoes and freezing those, and I didn't try it since I was afraid they wouldn't keep, now I find out that, yes, I can. There's a recipe in/on "Cook Yourself Thin" for mashed potatoes (paired with steak) and it's Yukon Gold potatoes...and get this....cauliflower! Once you steam and cook everything and mix it all, I guess you can't tell that they aren't true mashed potatoes. And I don't want the 'po-ta-toes' to go bad, or the cauliflower. And I forgot to mention last time, congratulations! Your pictures are amazing.: It's really is motivating seeing someone who started out close to my weight loose it and see how they look. Congrats!!

Shrinking Girl; Thank you, I really need it! I'm only really cooking dinner meals, since I of course like to mix it up for lunch, even if it's usually just a sandwich. Oddly enough, with the cooking out of the way, I'm completely motivated, yet I won't be eating them quite yet since I want to eat up all the junk (portion control, portion control, portion control as my mantra.) But it's like a breath of fresh air, and this asthmatic really loves those. Then again, there might be another reason to this madness, motivation, positive thoughts, and happiness...

Shasha; I almost didn't recognize you with the different icon. XD Very cute it is. I think mine can be more mental some times, I loose a pound and I see a huge difference, but I loose almost 4 inches all over (I did in my spring quarter in Women on Weights) and I saw NO difference. Everyone else say my difference, which is rough, since I couldn't. I hope you begin loosing more!

All righty ladies, I'm feeling much better today after getting on the scale. But let me back up, the past few weeks I haven't been the greatest; still struggling with the soda routine, but I know what to do to change that. Sandye will be proud to know that I grabbed a soda (not that part) and got half way through it today, and then realized what I was doing. I threw it down the sink and grabbed my big high school nalgene bottle and filled it with water. Seems to be the only way my cats don't run up to me and drink out of my cup. -.- Speaking of which...my cat just started licking the lid. -.-

Any who, I know I haven't been complete OP, but I have done some kind of activity. I think I was forgoing coming here when I was a little ashamed I haven't been perfect; which I know was silly of me. Well, I would read posts, but not post myself. And then yesterday, I had a moment. A horrible one, that I laugh at the irony of it and keep it in the motivation box stored in my memory warehouse. I had just finished all the freezer cooking and I ran over my my grandmother's to give her a lasagna, kind of like a trade. I had alot of veggies left over and since, when I need it, she'll let me use one of her 3 freezers, I felt I had too. She has a normal freezer attached to her refrigerator, and then an up right one that you think is a refrigerator, and then the ones that lay down. We do a lot of canning, gardening, and freezing; preserving in my family. Anyway, my aunt had made a lemon cake, minus the frosting (I'm not a huge frosting fan anyway) and I was cutting a SMALL square and my 5 year old cousin who I haven't seen in a month looks and me and says "Molly, why are you getting fat?" I was like, What?? It was one of those moments where I had to look at the ceiling (in my mind) and think, "Big man upstairs, you could have said it nicer, that actually hurt. But hint taken."

Just to wake up this morning and jump on the scale and it inform me that I'm down 3 pounds. Meaning I've lost 10 pounds completely, and 5 pounds for this month. Half way there at the half way mark!

Needless to say, I walked the 3 dogs separately, trying to transition from my mother doing it so we can practice driving when she gets home. Not to mention I get my exercise because it took an hour today. And I'm not showering yet! I'm planning on trying this yoga/pilates video that I use to do. And I am going to tweak my program. I've never been the type to eat 5-6 small meals, because I just feel bloated forever, and I've been eating at least 3 meals at regular times, which a snack or two, but these past few days I've only eaten when hungry and I've noticed that's when I loose the weight. Which is odd, since my metabolism isn't as stable with this method, considering the other two methods.

So, I think I've rambled enough and I NEED to tackle that kitchen and eat something. We kinda left the kitchen as is yesterday. So, for those of you trying to keep track, you need:
One day to plan meals and your need to buy items,
Go shopping (usually one day,)
One day to prep (cut up veggies, wash things, grab dishes, and cook meats,)
and then a day to cook everything and throw it in the freezer,
and then most likely a day to clean.

It's easier that it sounds.

Freezer cooking: http://www.momsbudget.com/freezercooking/index.html
http://organizedhome.com/freezer-coo...reezer-cooking
http://www.30daygourmet.com/freezer_...eezer_Five.asp

Cook Yourself Thin: http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/show...-yourself-thin

I just want to absolutely everything, apparently.

<3 Bye Ladies
Miss Mallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 04:03 PM   #441  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

Good Afternoon all
Just sat down for a break. I've spent the day canning 13 quarts of lentil soup

I'm so far behind on these posts I'll never get caught up.
Tummy
I did see your pics and they are awesome.
Sandy
29 minutes is quite an accomplishment .

I'm really struggling to stay OP. Just can't seem to make it through the day without chips or crackers (I usually won't eat them if I'm trying to lose weight).

I need to have 2 or 3 OP days & I could ignore junk food. The way I'm going I'll be lucky to lose any weight again this month

A hard core psychological kick in the butt will do me a world of good.

I'm trying to change my thinking so I've change my "goal weight" to 200 and have increase my activity & walking levels.
I'm playing a cognition game with myself, because most of my weight problem is between my ears

I've told myself that 37 pounds is achievable & I'll re-evaluate when I get there.

I'm going to clean out my closets & drawers & try on clothes & then take my self shopping.
Not to mention I'm going to get my hair cut & buy a new lipstick.

Often if I concentrate on my appearance the food will follow.

Last edited by susiemartin; 09-16-2009 at 04:08 PM.
susiemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 04:27 PM   #442  
April

S/C/G: 203/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6''

Well I am freezing. Which is not good, because it's like 66 degrees out. I'm going to freeze this winter!

I've been up since 4am with a wicked stomach ache. Couldn't figure out why, til I remembered that I doubled up my bc, too many hormones at once. But everything should be back to normal tomorrow.

Managed to get in my run today. 3.17 miles. Took me a little longer, because I still don't feel the greatest.

To everyone with loses, and those who got in exercise.

The Biggest Loser last night was amazing! It's always sad to see someone sent home so soon into it though.

Drama on the homefront lately. My hormone crazed, preggo sister is bumping heads with everyone. Makes for a fun week. Still like 2.5 months to go I can't wait for my nephew though.

Well not much is going on around here, scale was down to 170.6 this morning. Still OP with both exercising and eating!

Have a good one ladies!
aprilcp12344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 04:53 PM   #443  

Height: 6'1

miss malle- hehe, I decided to change the icon. If I stare at a pic of mine for too long, then I start disliking it. Good for you for filling up the nalgene with water. Thats what I do at work and try to get through atleast 1.5 a day while working. Its right next to me so I know exactly how much more I need to drink, otherwise I feel guilty for not.

Ok so I had my lunchtime workout today. It was pretty good. Just did 20 min on the treadmill and then some weights. I ran for 5 min at 5.3 speed. Not great, but its a start. I'm going to go 3x a week and hopefully build up to running longer and faster. I was sooo hungry after the gym. I scarfed my trader joe frozen meal and then I was still hungry so I am working on my balance bar, which was supposed to be my afternoon snack.
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 05:16 PM   #444  
One day at a time.

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/135-120

Shasha; I completely understand the whole picture thing. I do that with my myspace. I'll love a picture, then I'll have my profile up to listen to the song (over and over) again, and then I'll re-think the picture. And I'm always starving after a work out, that's why I try to pair it with an up coming meal; but I do over eat some times.
Miss Mallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:16 PM   #445  
WaLk-iT-OuT

S/C/G: 179/160/125

Height: 5'3"

Hey gals ... how is everyone today?

Today I hit the elliptical (again) and burned 600 calories! It was a great workout. I feel so motivated this week!! I'm even starting to rub off on my hubby. Now he wants to start working out, continue watching his cholesterol, and stop drinking beer. I think that's awesome because we can do it together, i'll have a workout buddy again!

Anyway, nothing else new here ... i'll check back in with you ladies tonite!

Last edited by misspiggy408; 09-16-2009 at 07:16 PM.
misspiggy408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:19 PM   #446  
Sensewear and WW

S/C/G: 230/195.2/164

Height: 5'9"

Hi ladies - So I think I hit my goal today. The scale read 194.8 and my goal was 195. I am going to weigh again tomorrow just to be sure. If so this will be the first month since I started challenges that I will have made goal. So excited!! As much as I curse P90x I have to love what it is doing to my body.
nellonello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:48 PM   #447  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 226/ticker/175

Good evening!

Well, the day has gone fairly well, nothing crazy to report. I finally managed to do an ab workout (if you can call it that, they're pitiful and pathetic but I'm trying to first make a habit and then make that habit harder) and even managed to get DH to do some planks with me! Woot! That never happens.

DH and I also took the car out (it's always so windy here so I rarely get those bike rides in) to see exactly how far I've been running and my fears were confirmed... I'm running slow and not nearly as far as I should be. However, I made up my mind a while back to not focus on my speed, only on the amount of time and then after I'm running 30 minutes... THEN I will work on my speed and increasing the distance I run. One thing at a time...one thing at a time. I want to be the best... but it comes with practice, practice, practice.

idream You know, I have a sneaking suspicion we don't live too far apart and I have always loved living in the midwest. It's so fantastic. I might swear at the snow in the winter, but it's good for some things too! I like the change in the seasons as I think it makes you appreciate weather more. I dunno, maybe I'm crazy!

Nella congrats on the 10 lbs! That deserves a celebration!

shasha As cute as your new avatar is... I miss seeing your face!

FSA Glad to hear the wedding went well! I agree, the month is flying by!
jessicado Oh, TOM is visiting you as well? I'm thinking TOM and I are in a very serious relationship, this bi-monthly stuff has got to go! Here's hoping for a woosh of lbs after he goes away for you!

Tummy Hope your internet shapes up!

missmallee Thanks for the heads up on the cooking sites, I'm gonna check out cook yourself thin... sounds like an interesting site!

susie Throwing some willpower and positive thoughts your way! I know you can do it!

april Hope you feel better soon!

nello goal already? WOOOHOO!
Shrinking Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:08 PM   #448  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

I made it in...finally caught up on everyone's news. It's a nice read, while I try to relax from another exhausting day. To make matters worse..the site where I upload my band to, isn't working properly, so the hour long conversation with a customer service rep, that was outsourced, was not pleasant. At any rate, another great day for me. Still POP and trying my best to check in here. The computer simply keeps me too sedentary...so I keep it off during the days as much as I can, so I'm not tempted. It really is, a big problem, hence me not being around too much. At any rate, I'll talk to you ladies tomorrow. Enjoy your evenings.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:09 PM   #449  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'0"

Tummy Oh my goodness you look awesome I love the pictures.

Sorry ladies I have no time for personals I have been MIA this week and will be for the rest of the week. I have been out on the road with DH working boy am I tired LOL. We have had early mornings and not getting up til late at night. Wow I have been working so hard this week, I am just totally wiped out LOL... I will be going back to work with him now that the boys are back in school but only 3 days a week... We are going Friday afternoon to sign up at the gym so we will be well on our way to a new life. I'm so excited. Hope everyone is doing well. I will be back Sat or Sun. have a great rest of the week
mystical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 02:58 AM   #450  

S/C/G: 167/157/140

Height: 5' 6.5"

Hey ladies

You're all doing so well - my stats are SW: 160, CW 157, GW (for Sept) 154. I have just been maintaining for the last week and a half, since I was traveling for a wedding, still better than putting it on i guess.
HealthyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote