Old 09-14-2009, 11:18 AM   #391  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 226/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Gooood Morning chickies!!

How are all of you lovlies today? The good news is that I think I ran MORE than 25 minutes on Friday when my mp3 player died on me. I wasn't certain how far I would be running today and I kept hoping Robert Ullrey would tell me when I was halfway through so I could turn around but I'd made it up in my head that I would turn around at a certain point (about the same distance I went on Friday) and wouldn't you know it... I didn't get there! I was about 30 seconds off of getting there when he said to turn around! yay! Now, normally I enjoy Mr. Ullrey's podcasts but today... SICK JOKE, MR. ULLREY, SICK JOKE. I'm running in the dark and I get to one of the darkest spots on my run... right as the song with all the evil sounding laughter kicks in! NOT COOL. I definitely was NOT expecting that!
I've also found out I run faster on the second half of my run. I think it's the thought that I only have to get back to where I started and then I can quit! And honestly, I was so proud of myself today because I felt so good on my way out, not that out of breath or anything and then along came this little bit of a hill and MANNNNN did it kick my butt! I was gasping for air nearly the rest of the way in... but that's likely because I go faster on the way back as well. When I hit the part where I started I wasn't surprised to hear him come on and say "ok" but I was surprised when he said I had a minute left! I had to start running again! Oops!
The scale has crept down to 211.8 which is exciting. As soon as it hits 211.5... I get to celebrate 15 lbs lost! WoooHOOOOOO! I also get to add another one of my little dancing fatties to my signature (I call them that because I SWEAR they look like those models of 5 lbs of fat that they show us.. only they're dancing because they've been liberated from my body...see? Yes, I know I'm a whacko.)

Ok, let's see about some personals....

Late to the Game- Heck, if my DH said I looked like I had lost 20 lbs I'd attempt a backflip! I'm sure you look fantastic! Keep your chin up and that 1.6 will come right off, I just know it!

Tummy - Thanks! I kind of fell in love with that pic the second I took it.. I keep staring at my face and my cheekbones and how things are sticking out a bit and such. Stupidly excited about how different it looks from just a few months ago! yay! Also 169... my gosh, way to go! You're not shrinking... you're melting! OMG I AM SO EXCITED FOR PICTURE UPDATES!

mystical Hooray on scale movement! Good luck on hitting your 10 lb goal! I know you can do it!

jessicado I'm so glad to hear the car wasn't expensive to fix... always such a relief because those things can cost some major bucks! Also, what a relief for the anxiety to be over with seeing the ex! I think it's wonderful you're letting your DD spend time with her dad. Also, good luck on the treadmill! I'm not looking forward to moving my running indoors, the first time I stepped on one of those things I thought I was gonna wobble right on off!

Delphi Hang in there! I think it's good what you're doing with switching up your plan to adjust for your body's reaction to your weight. I think you look super skinny anyway lol!

bigmid Congrats on the loss.

Jasons That TOM, I tell ya, we kick him around a lot on this thread.

april YIKES! I hate differences in scales! Lucikly mine seems pretty accurate compared with the one at Curves so I don't have to freak out over that... but I totally would!

Ms P yay for the returneth of the scale!

dcapulet Look at you! A runner for sure!

Lewis WOOHOO for staying OP all weekend!

idream Oops sorry! I'll watch where I throw my weight! You know, as I was running into the scary fog, I was making myself feel better by reminding myself I'm not the only one afraid of the dark on the thread! I just knew you'd understand what I meant by being terrified of that fog, if that would have been combined with that creepy laughter today, I'd have run my butt straight home and locked all the doors! Also... W-O-W you look amazing in that black dress.

Last edited by Shrinking Girl; 09-14-2009 at 11:23 AM. Reason: artistic embellishment
Shrinking Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:52 AM   #392  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

I hope everyone had a nice weekend!!

LE - Congrats on the POP! Wish I could say the same, lol.

DCapulet - Sounds like you are a runner to me. It's taking some time, but I think I'll be able to say the same soon as well

Shasha - Zumba looks so fun! I know some people that love it, I just can't find a place to take it where I live.

iDream - You look GREAT in that pic! Keep it up!

Tummy - Good luck with the new running training!

Ms P - I'm with you on the wagon falling. Today is a new day though.

I was supposed to be out of town, but ended up not having to go, so DH and I had some downtime, which was nice. He's finishing his degree online, so he was busy with homework an I got to lounge around read a book. I didn't work out at all since Thursday, but I did some cleaning and organizing around the house. I was just hungry all weekend! I nibbled and nibbled the whole weekend and I didn't track most of it until today, but somehow, I was close to 1600 cals, whew!

So, back to being OP today and working out. It's been hard with the kids back in school, so much to do and never enough time. And it's so easy to say "Oh, I'll work out tomorrow" I've been so motivated for the last 5 weeks, and then something just fizzled on Friday.

The scale was up 0.5 this morning, but I think it is just water retention. Tomorrow will be the real weigh in for the week.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Nella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:30 PM   #393  

Hi Girls
Well the scale is up 2lbs still but I am glad because the way the weekend went I expected it to be worse.
I don't have a lot of time but wanted to check in and say hi!
ruth135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:31 PM   #394  
April

S/C/G: 203/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6''

Quick posting for me today. So far on plan. Ran my 3 miles. The cooler it gets, the more I enjoy running!

Congrats to all the loses!

iDream, you look stunning! Your hubby is one lucky guy

Have a good one, it's time for me to run my errands. The new scale is only up by 4.6 pounds, but I'm gonna leave my ticker the same for this week and see what happens. New scale currently says 172.6 That I can live with!
aprilcp12344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:41 PM   #395  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Ack! I really not like not having time to go over everyone's news and do personals for all of you, makes me feel like a stranger .
It's crunch time for me and I need to get most of the packing done by the end of this week. Will do a quick workout and then down to business.

Hope you all have a great day!
Newshinyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:17 PM   #396  

S/C/G: 310/169/155

Height: 5'5"

Well good morning ladies! Well, despite all my efforts I didn't get that workout in last night.....I know bad me! I didn't get home until 9:00 last night, and then we had a very late dinner, and then shower as DD decided to spill root beer all over her in the car and then it was already 10:30 and I was just pooped so we went and passed out. I was going to attempt to put DD down and then work out, but she refused to go to sleep without me, so that plan went right out the window. I did do a lot of moving yesterday so I guess that was some calories used up right there.....

Anyways, I am vowing to do a double workout today though to make up for the past two days of nothing. If I don't, I am afraid of Sandye coming after me with that rolling pin! I am going to my first Zumba class tonight for an hour, and then am going to go start C25K on the treadmill, and then my normal workout (1/2 hr cardio, 1/2 ST circuit). That should be 2 1/2 hours total, so hopefully I will make up some of my lost time!

Yesterday went good with DD and her dad. It was good for them to spend time together. I picked up a bunch of stuff from the house to bring to the new place, including a few boxes of the "too small" clothes. For the fun of it, I decided to try on those pair of Sept goal pants .....AND THEY FIT!!!!! I bought those pants a few years ago and could barely squeeze into them (no way I would ever wear them in public), I only bought them for motivation to lose weight.....but that never happened, and in fact I gained 2 sizes in the next few years. But they fit now! They fit, they fiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!! They are a really small size 20....I couldn't believe it when they just slid on. So then I started going through other clothes in the boxes and I could fit into all sorts of things I haven't been able to fit into forever. I just kept being so amazed. I finally pulled out these pair of size Jr 19 pants I had from before, and just for the fun tried them on, and they slid on just fine--no sucking in or anything! I was literally dancing. Right underneath those pants in the pile was a pair of 18s I had been able to wear when I could fit into the size 19s, so I tried them on.....and they fit too! I FIT INTO A SIZE 18 JEANS!!!!!! And they fit just fine, even well enough to wear in public! I couldn't believe it. I am still in shock, lol. It is just such a relief to finally get into the 18's as it means I am almost out of the 20s and halfway to my goal of a size 12! I'm going to shut up now....but I could seriously go on all day about how I fit into a size 18, lol. Especially since I couldn't even get those pants up over my thighs a month ago. Right, I am shutting up now!!!!

Oh I should add before I go on to personals, that the scale was down to 255 today! I am only putting 256 on my tickers though, because I am expecting another up day sometime soon.

Sandye--you look amazing in your little black dress! You are such a skinny minny!

Shasha--we're both trying out first Zumba class tonight! Hope yours is lots of fun!

SG--Way to go on your running! You are kicking such ars! Pretty soon you're going to be joining Tummy with her 2 hrs of running and leaving us all behind in the dust! There is evil laughing? Thanks for warning me for when I get to that part, lol. I am really nervous about running on the treadmill too, so you aren't the only one. I am pretty sure I am going to just slide off and hit the floor. I didn't let go of the rails last time I tried running for the first time on it, which I know is bad, because then you don't get the workout of swinging your arms....but I figured that was better than landing on my ars in front of everyone. Going to have to work my way up to actually letting go and running like a real person.

Tummy--okay you have convinced me to try the lasagna! Will attempt at making it here in the next few weeks when I have some spare time. And um, 2 hrs straight of running! Holy cr*p.....you are insane! When I was at the gym there was a guy who ran for an hour straight the other night, and I thought he was a miracle. 2 hrs......wow you are amazing! No wonder you are melting away! 169......Can't wait to see your pic updates! W2G!!!

DCapulet--W2G on your running too! Isn't it amazing how almost everyone on here is starting to pick up running, lol.

Last edited by jessicado22; 09-14-2009 at 02:30 PM.
jessicado22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:22 PM   #397  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Afternoon ladies,

Ok I had to join Jessicado in the happy dance department today! NSV #1, I wore size 12 jeans (that's the smallest size I own!) to the store this morning, like outside, where ppl are! My 14's were all baggy butt so I thought I'd grab the smaller ones b/f I left and surprise, they fit! NSV #2 I lost 10.74 inches last month and that was with two of the four weeks being on vacation (2 inches came off each arm, thank you p90x!) NSV #2.5 That's 40 inches since May. So those were my amazing, fantstic, wonderful momets for today. They made me happy and brought me joy so I thought I'd share the love around some. Oh and I've decided I want to look like Sandye when I grow up, she's hot (and skinny and has had FOUR kids!)

SG - OMG, I hated that part too, lmao, that freaked the crap out of me the first time I heard it. I love dancing fatties I think they look like puffy marshmallows. Add that extra one, I can't wait to see you fill up that whole line! You are a running machine. And you do have a really thin face, you are blessed and worked hard at that of course. I've got the beach ball head so I don't actually look like that yet.

Nella - Here's some extra energy to get you up and working out, first step the hardest, you can do it, let us know when you finish your workout today

Ruth - Oh, yucky weekend I guess? It's Monday the perennial day to start over so here's to better choices and that 2 pounds going back down the drain.

Aprilcp - You too are a running machine, I think fall is just the best time to run too, you don't have to compete with all that body heat, makes the time go by faster.

NSM - So when do you officially move into the new place? Routine will soon be your friends again. Glad to hear you're getting your workout in, how's the food been?

Jessicado - All I can say is that is the reason we all do this, kwim? To actually be proud of ourselves for once and know that every inch off, we earned, every pound was because we made good choices and that's a whole lot of good choices, congrats! I'm still floored that you've maintained your focus right through all that craziness, emotional eating be gone! I'm glad, I think you'll love it, the homemade sauce was divine too. It does take a while to prep though, I think I hit about an hour before it went in the oven. But you get tons of leftovers out of it so it saves time elsewhere. That 2 hours will come by November, lol, it only sounds long, that's what I keep telling myself. But I'm doing almost 50 minutes right now, just shy of 10K, three times a week and the program said it was for my running level (so i'm hoping they were right) I once regularly (when I was 16) did an hour and a half four to five days a week and I'm pretty sure it's still in me, at least I'm determined to find out.

Ok that's all for me going to put the lovely dd to nap and go get in my STing and Abs. TTFN
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 04:10 PM   #398  
WaLk-iT-OuT

S/C/G: 179/160/125

Height: 5'3"

Wow ... you ladies are doing great! I've been reading up on all everything i've missed, and what progress! Congrats!!

It's been so hard for me to keep on on the posts. I've been crazy busy with school, work, and the kids! I guess that's a good thing because when I'm bored I tend to eat Anyway, I am happy to say I made one of my goals already ... i am officially out of the 140's!! After TOM finally left, I weighed myself last Thursday, and it said 139.8! So I waited all weekend to be sure, and jumped on the scale again, and it said 139.2! YAY! I'm only about 15lbs away from my GOAL now.

Well, back to work for now .... have a lovely day ladies!
misspiggy408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 04:21 PM   #399  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Sandye you look great. Fanfreakin'tastic and all that good jazz. It's been amazing watching your shrink and literally change your life. my dear. You are an inspiration to all of us. Damn...you're smokin'!

Tummy ~ on the NSV's! You deserve to be rewarded for all your hard work and dedication. You're an amazing person, inside and out and it has been such a pleasure getting to know you and watch your progress as well.

NSM ~ I know what you mean dear...I am right there with you..and I think Susie to.

Susie ~ Bears? Are you effin' kidding me? Good gracious where is that farm at? Although, a good wrestle with a bear, would have to burn some major calories.

To everyone else, you ladies are doing great and keep up the great work.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:26 PM   #400  

Height: 6'1

Hi ladies. Sorry for being a lil MIA the past couple days. I'm having a kind of a crummy day. One of my friend's from work is in a bad mood today and she blew me off so that kinda hurt my feelings. Also I just found out that one of my best friend's mom who is terminally ill, had a turn for the worst last night and is in the hospital now. I only met her mom a few times, but I just feel terrible. I was in tears reading my friend's email because she said that if things stay the same, they will be removing her from the ventilator (she has a DNR). I am simply at a loss for words and don't know what I can do for her.
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:08 PM   #401  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

I just wanted to mention, that if you gals have not watched, Finding Neverland, I recommend you do. It's a great family flick and was quite the tear jerker for me. Definitely a thumbs up for me.

That is all...

Carry on...
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:42 PM   #402  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 226/ticker/175

Two in one day! I know!

april You'll just have to beat that new scale into submission!

jessicado Wow! Look at you fitting into those smaller sizes! You're wearing smaller sizes than I am! Go you! Good luck running on the treadmill! If you hear a loud crash in about a month, don't worry, it's just me falling off!

Tummy I cannot believe you lost 10 inches in a month. Holy cow! And size 12's too... I remember being a size 12, I was sooo skinny! WHOOHOO! Also, I swear my face isn't really as skinny as it looks there. The shadows fell just right... but... my face is thinner than it has been in ages so I'm totally loving it!

misspiggy Out of the 140's! Happy dance for you as well!

Shasha So sorry to hear about your friend's mom. It's tough, I know... hang in there!

Wow, everyone is having fantastic times with their scale and now that I'm seemingly out of my plateau, I'm beginning to be nice to mine again. I have 5 lbs to lose in 2.5 weeks and I'm determined to do it! I might have to squeeze in a few extra workouts or something but hey.... I'm making this goal!

Last edited by Shrinking Girl; 09-14-2009 at 07:43 PM.
Shrinking Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:48 PM   #403  

Ok I have no idea how to post the the bigger pictures so here's my little ones, I'm posting the start, last month and today. So that's 223lbs, 181lbs and 169lbs. A few things are evident, #1 my tan is long gone, #2 jeans hide alot so I'm going for the spandex now. Oh and even though dh is going to be a bit upset I'm posting my face, at least for few days anyway so take a good look, lol.

Last edited by Tummy Girl; 09-17-2009 at 02:47 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:05 PM   #404  

Miss Piggy - Well speaking of doing great! A new decade, that's been super common this week, right on!

Delphi - awww you're like a warm hot water bottle for my heart you sweet thing. Thanks and right back at ya. I actually haven't seen that movie in awhile but I remember it was great, I should rent it again.

Shasha - Oh that sounds like a very crummy day, sometimes it's the hardest when there is so little we can do. At least you can be there for your friend when she needs someone.

FSA - Hello out there Hope you're busy, and by that I mean exercising Anywho hope you're back with us soon.

SG - Oh, I surely was a holy cow, no worries. I remember these 12's too, I remember feeling skinny but now that I'm here again, I'm amazed I stopped the last time, I'm kind of at that point that ppl don't stare at you in public and ppl wouldn't describe me as a "big girl" if they had to give a physical description to someone who didn't know me but I've got so much more I want to do! It's a gorgeous face regardless and i'm sure it is, pictures don't lie! More power to you, I think Delphi and I did that in June, we were both shooting for 12lbs and the last week was madness, legs nearly fell off, but we both made it and so will you!

Alrightly then, need to go figure out what's for dinner tomorrow and I think enjoy a nice soak in the whirlpool tonight, still not totally loose after my rest day, time to call in the reinforcements. Night ladies, I'll catch you all tomorrow.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:31 PM   #405  
One day at a time.

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/135-120

Hey Ladies,

Quick update again today, and a few personals.

Sandye, Damn, you look amazing! Yes, planned on making them all today, but I woke up a little late! So, today is the prep work day. My plan is to place them in some cheap Tupperware containers and then in a ziplock bag in the freezers, though, that's probably more helpful for me since it's only my mom and me; so single portions are okay. Maybe try portioning them out for your family, that way you only reheat a freezer meal once and if you want something different the next day, you don't have to worry about leftovers.

Can't you tell the amount of thought I've put into this. I bought my plastic containers from our local DollarTree, which has bulk items on sale, online.

Tummy Girl, I read some where that you should have a prep day and then the next day be cook day. I will only be cooking 2 weeks worth of dinners (since we eat stuff like sandwiches for lunch.) I think it will be so much easier too, since after school starts next Monday I will also be trying to find a job and learning to drive; or should I say practicing to take the test.

All righty, well, for a little update, the scale ain't budging. I think I'm going to have to really stick to being OP and may be even upping the work outs. I do know that after I make these freezer meals, that we won't be touching them for another two weeks to try to eat up everything else in the kitchen. The grocery bill this past weekend was quite hurtful. So, we're going to try eating all the other foods and then the next shopping trip (two weeks from now) will only be on items that we know we need. You know when you grab something you want to have just in case, like saltines in case you get sick? but you end up eating them in chili or something? Yeah. We're trying to be more frugal. Which, I know will be easier with the frozen dinner meals.

Also, next Monday I start school. A little nervous since my college classes I had senior year were online, except for the PE classes I wanted to take. I have Public Speaking, English, and a Humanity that I can't remember the name of, but I know what it's about! I'm thinking that, weather permit, I'll stick to walking to the college, as it's about 6 blocks away, but once I get my license and it get's snowy, I have no clue. I do know that I can use the school gym equipment even if I don't have a PE class. So, that'll work out well during the week days.

Well, I must be off. My mom is feeling a little ill. Which is very odd, since she's never sick.

Goodnight Ladies.
Miss Mallee is offline   Reply With Quote