Old 09-11-2009, 09:30 AM   #331  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Thanks ladies...and Nella, thanks for the message with that link. It helped tremendously. I have yet to hear back from them. I despise waiting..I feel like I'm in limbo. I mean I understand they are dealing with the passing, but all this is a bit much. I bet Jessie is rollin' over in his grave as we speak. Alas, it's out of my hands, so I'll let the good lord deal with it and I'll do my best to keep pushing on, as I always have. One way or the other, me and my boys will come out on top. Period! You ladies have a good one. Hopefully, I'll get to check back in this weekend, but if not, you ladies have a great weekend.

to everyone on the losses!
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:47 AM   #332  

S/C/G: 310/169/155

Height: 5'5"

Delphi, when I made my last post to you, I hadn't read you latest one about his daughter raising the rent and stuff. That is horrible and even worse! I really hope you are able to work everything out. I think it is so sad when family members don't really respect their passed ones and are more concerned with the financial aspect. Not to say that I am calling this lady a money grubbing whewer.....but her dad did JUST die and she is already moving on to the money part. Wow! Anyways, I wish you the best in all of this. :hugs:

And in a more positive note (which I feel weird posting after that), I got on the scale this morning before I head off for my first day of work and it said 258! I am officially in the 250s and made my first goal for Sept! WOOHOO! I thought the scale would say 259 (or it would have gone up), and I was going to wait to take the 250s until it stayed under 260 for another day, but with 258 I will take it! (I'm only putting 259 in my tickers though just in case it sneaks back up tomorrow).
So now my next Sept goal is 249. And to fit into those pants I wanted to fit into last month and couldn't. I would try them on now, but they are at the old house. Next time I make a trip I am going to grab them and see!
Well anyways ladies, I have to run off for work....it is before 8 here and I am not a morning person, lol. Will do personals later!
jessicado22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:54 AM   #333  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 226/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Hey Chickies! It's Fantastic Friday!! WooHoo!

idream - Yeah, I never used to care what the scale said, perhaps I should go back to my once a month weighing. It's not like I ever correct anything when I stare at the scale. You know, week 6 has been strange for me. I found the interval running difficult this week but unlike you I NEVER wanted to just keep going, I wanted to stop stop stop. I made it through the run this morning but I'm not sure if I actually did 25 minutes or not, my mp3 player pooped out on me about 1 minute into the run so I ran to the point where I had figured I'd end up and then ran back. I was a huffing and a puffing and had to keep telling myself "you don't HAVE to stop, you just WANT to stop" and there were times when it was easy and times when it was hard but I MADE IT!! And, happy anniversary!!

ruth - I hope those hormones leave you alone soon! I hate that weepy feeling!

april - woohoo.. 2.52 miles! Look at you go! Nice job!!

Delphi - Man oh man do I wish I had something phenomenal to say to you right now. All I can say is that I hope things work out for you and I'll (again) be sending positive energy in your direction. Keep us posted, we're all pulling for ya.

Tummy - Yeah, I just got discouraged yesterday when I STILL wasn't down anything. It's not usually so difficult for me to maintain a positive attitude, so thanks for your encouragement!!

Shasha - Ooooo measurements! They are so nice to judge change. Seeing our bodies every day means we don't get a good feel for how much improvement we're getting and sometimes the scale doesn't move fast enough but I tell ya, those inches... man they're priceless!!

mystical - I hear ya on not working out around anyone! I always feel like they're staring when they're not and there have been many times I've told my DH to leave the room and he's been like "what did i do???" That is strange about the evening classes, I can't even imagine such a thing!

jessicado - Wow, look at you!! 50 lbs!!! That's amazing!!! And look at you... dropping your goal weight! You're on a roll baby, keep moving! I'm excited for you to start the c25k on the treadmill, I can't wait to see how great you do!

Ms P 50 lbs for you too! Wow! Way to go! Have fun at the rodeo, sounds like it'll be a great time!

Ok, I think I'm caught up from my post from yesterday. I love how excited everyone on this thread is... it's very contagious and it keeps me motivated and positive!

Still no movement on the scale and I guess this is officially a plateau, eh? I'm eating really well, my calories have been all over the place but nothing that zigzagging wouldn't cause anyway... it's strange. Oh well. I'm down to one more week until my weigh-in and measurements and another round of progress pictures. I'm excited and I hope I see some improvement in the pictures and I'm dying to have lost some more inches. Actually, I think the progress photos are due this weekend and the inches next weekend but I'm going to try to hold out to do them all at once. It's more exciting that way.

Ran in the fog today and I must admit, it was incredibly creepy. I went further than ever before and wouldn't you know it... once I started to approach the most remote area of my route.. the fog got so thick I couldn't even see the next street light. I had to force myself to keep moving. It's funny, I never thought that I'd still be afraid of things that might go bump in the night (or kidnappers or random axe murderers in corn fields) at the age of 31. It almost makes me giggle..... almost. And once I got to my turn around point... turning my back on the foggy area was almost MORE creepy. YIKES! That sure got the blood a pumpin! Funny how that part of my run was the easiest. Guess I need to hire someone to chase me.

Have a great Friday everyone!

Last edited by Shrinking Girl; 09-11-2009 at 10:55 AM. Reason: stupid typos
Shrinking Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:17 AM   #334  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'0"

Hello ladies not itme for personals I am going through all the boys clothes while they are at school, they are worse than me about hanging on to things LOL. I am going to get everything organize and cleaned upstairs today. That way I can spend the weekend not having to do all those things LOL I am off to get to get HIIT in. I have decided to bring back the levels a little for the first week. I might have to stay on week 1 for a little while just until I can get my body in a bit better shape. Can't believe how much I lost from not working out in a while... It doesn't take long to get back out of shape does it. Just proves to me that I have to have a routine on a regular basis. Thanks for all the support. Hope you all have a great Friday !!!
mystical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:15 PM   #335  

april Yeah, we are pretty excited, I know some people would rather go to an island somewhere but I've never had a desire to go that far away from home. My niece is like that, she wants to go all over the world, not me! There is a couple other places I'd like to go besides the Smoky's but none are out of this country LOL. We are leaving next week. Oh and I don't do HIIT but it stands for High Intensity Interval Training. I do a more moderate version by walking/jogging intervals.

Sandye Happy 10th Anniversary!!
I hope you two have a wonderful time!

Well, the scale was still up today Stupid PMS! My calories and exercise was great, I was really expecting to lose most of this water weight today. Maybe tomorrow. I really want to be in the 160s by the time we leave for vacation.
ruth135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:17 PM   #336  

Height: 6'1

Wow last night really kicked my butt! I was going to do step aerobics, but my trainer said that I should do spinning instead since I told him I was contemplating which one to do. However the one thing that kind of held me back from spinning is that you either have to pay extra to be put on a waiting list way ahead of time, or show up an hour early when they open up the list to put your name down. I don't really like working out for more than 1 hour a day, but I did it anyways. I did elliptical for 30 min while I waited and then did the hour spinning. I hadn't done it in about 6 months and this was an instructor I had never had. Boy did she kick my butt. I was slowly cursing her in my mind for doing hill after freakin hill with NO breaks inbetween. But I now I am happy with it because I feel a little sore and know I had an awesome workout. I need to have food ready after these kinds of workouts so that I don't eat too much later. Oh well, it felt good to eat my hearty dinner and I went to bed at 9. A good nights rest feels amazing. I need to start sleeping at 9 more often! I'm up .2lbs since last Friday, but I'm not too concerned because I ate out all last weekend and I did eat a lot yesterday. I know what to do to fix this and I am fully commited. I WILL lose 1lb this weekend. Hope all you lovely ladies are having a fab Friday, I will be back for personals later.
Happy 10 year anniversary Sandye!
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:38 PM   #337  
Giovanna

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Good morning, chickies.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY SANDYE!!! Where are you going to dinner? Congrats on getting to sleep all night, too. Wow, I am so glad DH is finally on board! Is he still fighting the healthy diet? Baby steps, I guess. Aw, Ab spoke to a stranger? This makes me weepy, they are growing too fast Okay, missy, if I come to visit, I am bringing my WATP, and I expect you to try it with me! So are you using the track at the community center?

FSA ~ Yeah, that perimenopause is a blast, I feel for you!!

SUSIE ~Good to see you checking in!

TUMMY ~ We have lots of wineries within an hour. I just love the look of a vineyard, and some of the wineries are so pretty. I really need to plan my meals for the week. I've never tried that!

MYSTICAL ~I know what you mean about working out in front of anyone. I flat out refused to every other time I tried to exercise. This time, who cares? If you wanna look, look. If you don't dont. I may jiggle and bounce, but at least I'm trying to do something about it!

JESSICA ~Congrats on the 50 pounds! That is awesome. Isn't it fun to wear clothes you haven't been able to wear for years?

RUTH ~Your vacation destination sounds heavenly.

NSM ~What makes you think we didn't miss you? That's silly.

DELPHI ~I second Jessica regarding your landlords daughter. I hope everything works out without too much trouble.

SG ~ Those plateaus are no fun, hang in there.

APRIL ~Wow, 40 hay bales? You definitely deserve an Oreo!

SHASHA ~I'm glad the scale likes you again. May I come over for surf and turf?

MSP ~Woo hoo on the panties! 50 pounds gone!

Wow, I hope I got everyone. I need to take my son to work in a little bit, so I can't go back 10 pages. Well, after NINE days of staying within a half pound, I finally lost 2.2! That is 3.6 lbs this month, I may actually make goal! I'm off today, and spent the morning cleaning out my closet. I have a huge bag for Goodwill. Sandye, a lot of the things I inherited from you are in that bag. I never got to wear them! Sizing is so funny. For the most part I'm in 14s, one pair of pants is 16, and fits. This morning I got into 12s and 10s. Now I know dang well I'm not a 10 or a 12, but hey, they fit! I had a NSV that Sandye thought I should share. As soon as I get home from work, and on the weekend when I'm at home, I wear bottoms with elastic waistbands. Well, on Monday, I thought we were taking our friends out to breakfast, so I put on my "nice" shorts, you know, with a button and a zipper. We didn't go, BUT, I wore those shorts all day! They were not the least bit uncomfortable. This is big for me, I like my comfort! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Late to the game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 01:18 PM   #338  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Hey ladies,

I'm super thrilled my post made it through yesterday (well most of it), I didn't think it did, we were having internet *issues* before leaving for Edmonton and it told me that it failed.

Anyway, I gotta run downstairs in a few, just waiting for my ipod to load up some new tunes but just wanted to pass on a for Delphi, a happy anniversary to Sandye (and yes bands have been achieved!) and a wtg for Mystical doing your HIIT!! And SG I was looking for cougars in trees this morning while running, I'm a loser too it's ok, and I'll explain later, lol. Everyone else I'll catch up after the workout.

Still hanging out at 170 but I'll show that who's boss tomorrow, my calories were only 1200 yesterday with the day off exercise and that will always make me hold weight so back up to normal today and *hopefully* we'll be seeing some new decade soon.
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:32 PM   #339  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Hi Girlies!
Flyby post for me today. Yesterday was terribly busy running errands and today is one of those days as well, only 2 weeks til I move and I still have lots of packing to do. On a good note, I am getting a better hold of this keeping track of my calories thing, I think I should be able to actually make a proper plan of action soon and get organized enough so that in October I can actively get to losing weight again.

I can't go without giving Delphi a big . Hun, I really hope everything works out fine for you. There must be Tenant's rights that the daughter has to abide by that include limits on how much the rent can be raised.

Ok girls, keep up the good work, I am not sure that I will be able to come by later today or on the weekend. So if I don't, see you all on Monday!

Last edited by Newshinyme; 09-11-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Newshinyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 04:16 PM   #340  

Good afternoon everybody!

Shasha - Thanks so much, but it only feels like hard work when I'm actually sweating the rest of the time is just enjoying the new body and that's the easy part. Congrats on seeing that 1lb go away, it's so nice to be back where we belong. Have fun with those measurements today, it is one of the best things to have.

Mystical - I find I have hoards of energy after HIIT but you could do it all together or separate it, I would say it depends entirely on how you feel and whether you have the energy to really work hard in the ST afterwards. You won't want to do you ST right after if you can't push yourself to max reps (to failure) on your exercises. That's my two cents anywho LOL sometimes it just takes some time to find the way the head fits on best b/f you can screw it on, but great job! So glad you're back on the wagon! It was lonely around w/o you.

Ruth - Right on sister! Super proud of you, that streak was made to be broken. Oh what fun, glad you're almost ready to go!

Jessicado - congrats on your first goal! And yuppers I love my touch too, it brings me joy in ways an electronic device shouldn't but it's just the neatest thing ever. It also has prevented a few grocery store meltdowns thanks to Dora the explorer downloads.

Aprilcp - I'm sitting right there with ya, 170, three days now, it's comfy but let's not stay too long

Sandye - I've seen your arms babe and that's no wimpy nothing about them so I'd imagine your routine is marvelous! There seems to be a lot of hubby motivation going on here these days, mine even said yesterday that he might just start lifting again now that I have heavier weights around. LOL, showering alone, love it, doesn't happen all the time but it sure is the little things, and peeing without anyone around, or knocking on the door, or sticking their fingers under the door, it's all delightful!

MsP - My goodness I'm tired just thinking about your schedule! OMG, you're under 150 and over 50 all at the same time Whoohoo!!!!! That's some amazing hard work going on there, wtg.

Delphi - I think the advice the ladies gave you sounds good. I have no ideas what your rental laws are like but I know up here we have a lot of legislation around that too so I'm glad ppl had some helpful suggestions. That lady also needs a kick in the head. Your attitude is one of the most beautiful things about you, and it's folks like you that deserve it to work out exactly as they want it to.

Sylv - Welcome, sounds like a great and popular goal around here, look forward to getting to know you

SG - Congrats on 25 minutes, even if not exactly, I'm all about intention anyway and yours was there and that's all that matters some days.
Oh pictures will probably help tons, granted you'll no doubt have dropped by next week but those are always great. The short version of my cougar trama is that at the transfer party on Wednesday someone who works with my dh happens to live about 1.5 miles up my muddy gravel road. So she decides to tell me there's a cougar living in the woods behind her house and they've had to be careful with their dog b/c cougars hide in trees and jump on ppl/animals/whatever. Needless to say, I was spending a lot of running time this morning looking up.

LTTG - OMG that's awesome! 2.2 is huge!

NSM - Hey there! I'm liking the sounds of that planning stuff, it's all baby steps for sure. Have fun getting ready for the new place, it just seems like yesterday you found it too.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:32 PM   #341  
April

S/C/G: 203/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6''

Just a quick post for me tonight, long day at work today! Hope everyone is doing great and that all situations get worked out I'm off to catch up on some much needed rest!

Good night ladies!
aprilcp12344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:14 PM   #342  
Sensewear and WW

S/C/G: 230/195.2/164

Height: 5'9"

Heeeellllloooooo ONDERLAND.
nellonello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:44 PM   #343  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Sandye - Congrats!!!!

Delphi - hang in there sweetie!

nellonello - WOW! you go girl!

I'm feeling better, and plan on starting up again Sunday. It's been weird not exercising as usual, but I needed the rest too. So good, and not so much.

Last edited by dcapulet; 09-11-2009 at 11:45 PM.
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 12:08 AM   #344  

Nello - A little bit of everything for your big news, super job that's fanfrickintastic!!!!
Old 09-12-2009, 12:47 AM   #345  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Sorry so late in checking in ,Brother coming to visit and trying to get this place looking have have decent. Have not read the post but Shasta hope things are going better for you.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote