Old 09-21-2009, 06:14 PM   #526  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Hi girls!
No time for personals today either, I am super stressed since all the paperwork mess has not been straightened out and we're supposed to be closing tomorrow. I guess I should look at the bright side and be happy that I have barely eaten anything today, not healthy I know.

Miss you lots!
Newshinyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 06:39 PM   #527  
April

S/C/G: 203/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6''

Been sick all weekend... Full of ginger ale and pretzels... Scale was... UP 4 POUNDS!! EKKK! Considering I know I didn't eat that much. But then again I haven't drank soda since I was like 12... Maybe that's it?

Hoping it goes back down some tomorrow.

Glad to see people doing so well!

I gotta catch up on personals... Once again. Lol.
aprilcp12344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:57 PM   #528  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Just had to pop in and say that TOM finally came today and I'm hoping that means my body will release some of this weight soon. I'm now going to go PLAN...meals, chores for tomorrow, goals for next month. I just need to plan!!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 09:32 PM   #529  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good evening girls! I figured I should catch up before bed since I think we are going to the park tomorrow (or Library if it rains).

MsP~ Hurray/Boo that TOM is here! I hope he leaves and takes his water weight with him ASAP! Yeah, I think we used to have a slap chop type thingie, but it was junk and I tossed it--kind of wish I had it now though since I'm actually eating veggies and all! Hey, send me some of your planning vibes would ya? I sure could use 'em!

Tummy~ hubby loves that slap chop guy! Have you seen the new rapping commercial for that thing? Hysterical!! Hope shopping was fun! I feel like that's all I ever do anymore is going to the store for food! I really need to redo my pantry again and do one giant stock up and that way I'd only be going to the store for fruit/veggies and milk! Congrats on the loss! Are you as surprised as I am about that? I'm not counting on it sticking though...

Shasha~ WTG getting that lunchtime workout in girlie! I hope you have fun at Zumba tonight and ooooh, a trip! How fun will that be?! Just try not to over do it and I'm sure you won't have any trouble maintaining.

KimL
~ Congrats on the great loss! Keep up the great work!!

Molly~ look at you all full of good news! Congrats on the upcoming flower order--how fun!! Woo hoo on avoiding the cake! Now that's will power right there!! Hope your first Official Day of College was fun!!!

Nella
~ I just tried spaghetti squash for the first time ever today with chicken sausage and spaghetti sauce...it was awesome!!! I am totally having it again soon!!! Fall is one of my favorite times of year too!

Delphi~ you're amazing! How on earth you packed that fast is beyond me! I am thinking about you and sending you tons of house finding vibes!!! And ya know what, I wouldn't even bother cleaning that house--she gave you all of 13 days to move? She doesn't deserve it! So there, now you've seen my evil side Have a great night darlin'!

Mystical~ Aww, you're too sweet. Wow, it sounds like you've been super busy! I hope things settle down at least long enough for you to catch your breath soon! Great job getting hubby all set with food for the day!! I'm sure you're being equally good to yourself too right? I'm so glad you've stuck it out hun, 3 months or not, you haven't given up and that speaks volumes!! You're in it to win it now baby!!

NSM~ Hang in there hun! I hope they get it all straightened out before tomorrow! Do keep us posted and eat somethin' would ya? You know better than that! Miss you tons too!!!!

April~ aww, sorry to hear you're still not 100%! I'm sure the weight gain is sodium related--both in the soda and there's a crazy amount in pretzels for sure! Take care of yourself and be sure to drink lots of fluids! You don't want to get dehydrated!

Well, not much going on here. Made the lasagna tonight and it was uber yummy! It was a long night with overtired kids and I'm all grumpy and PMS'y. TOM better show up tomorrow and get his show on the road so he can leave town! Grrrrrr...

I did clean my office and desk so at least I did a little something today. I also paid some bills...

I did some digging around for low cal/low fat breakfast bar recipes and while searching I stumbled onto a website called eatbetteramerica and found loads of recipes there (although none for the breakfast bars ). I printed a ton out and I'm going to be making up a binder this week to put all my recipes in. My current method of stashing the print outs all together next to my cookbooks isn't really ideal.

So, speaking of breakfast bars--anybody know of any good recipes for them? I'm looking for breakfast bars or cookies or even granola bars. Primarily for the kids when we're out and about but I eventually want to eat them too.

Well ladies, hubby's watching football and I'm thinking it would be a great chance for me to go to bed early and get some sleep before the girls start their nightly wakings...it's gotten really bad lately! At about midnight I'm getting woke up hourly by one or both of them. I told them if they didn't stay in their beds I was going to put the crib rail back up so they couldn't get out on their own!!! I'm desperate for some sleep man! Not to mention I need to get up at 5:00 for my run tomorrow!!!

Anyway...okay, hope everyone's having a great night! See you all tomorrow!!!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 09:50 PM   #530  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

I can not remember if I posted but I weighed in at 193 this morning and weight started was 198 so that is a 5 pound loss. Don't think I am going to make my 10 pound challenge but 5 is great because I have not been able to loose for a long time.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:20 PM   #531  

S/C/G: 278/ticker/175

Height: 5'11"

Here is my update!!!

SW 260
CW 254.4
GW 249. I think that if I stay on plan and get all my workouts in....I will make it!!!!

Have a great week everyone!!
jellofer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:52 AM   #532  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Good Morning Ladies

Well still no news on a house. But since I have managed to get everything packed, I guess all I can do is wait and keep searching, that is when I get a chance to. If we get to move into a house, then I may just make my goal for this challenge. If not, then I doubt it. Maya and my Wii are packed up, the treadmill isn't available and given the fact that most of our stuff is packed into the eating area/kitchen/living room...there just isn't any space to walk much less to exercise. So..it kinda sucks. I keep telling myself when all is said and done, I'll get a great workout(s) the first week I get back to it.

Down another full pound and that leaves two...I'm probably good for one more but with TOM forthcoming, I don't know. I wish he would just cut me some slack this month...****, I wish someone would cut me slack. I mean, yeah, I can deal with adversity, I've come to deal with it quite well actually, but would it hurt to throw me a bone once in awhile?

Alright you ladies are doing fantastic and I hope you all have a great day.

Last edited by Delphi; 09-22-2009 at 07:53 AM.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:50 AM   #533  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Miss Mallee~ Great job staying away from the cake!

mystical~ 24 hour gym sounds amazing!

shasha17a~ Great job getting in a workout during lunch!

aprilcp12344~ Hope you feel better!

iDream~ That sounds like a really great site!

Bootsie~ Congrats on 5 pounds!!!

jellofer2~ Great job!!!

Delphi~ You can get those last 2 pounds down!!!

Nothing new here other then a not so good dinner last night. Money was an issue when I hit the grocery store, so I unfortunately opted to make some super salty campbells tomato soup with wheat pasta and 90% burger. Anyone else with financial issues have some super cheap recipes that you can stretch over a few days?
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:57 AM   #534  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Good morning girls! Just a super quick fly by post this morning--no playdate today (it's tomorrow d'oh!) but I need to run to the store for some stuff and want to get it done asap.

I'll be back later to check in on you ladies and post personals!!

Have a great day and be sure to...

Drink Your Water and Take Your Viatmins!!!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:52 AM   #535  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone!

Sandye-Every time you post about your lasagna recipe I want to try it, but I'm trying to use up what's in the house right now, so it'll have to wait 'til I hit the store next.

Bootsie-You're doing great and I'm sure more will come off...just keep at it!

jellofer-Nice! You're cruising right along. You have some definite energy over there, so run with it! (not necessarily literally, of course)

Delphi-You're doing great to continue losing without all your "stuff" to help you workout. Although, I do know that packing, etc. is definitely a workout. Hope you get some more boxes and word on a place soon. Yeah, you deserve a break from adversity, I'd say!

KimL-Do you have a garden? I've been making a lot out of the garden right now. Lots of stuff from scratch. If not, then it depends on what eating plan you're on. Potatoes are cheap and very versatile. I'm a star at figuring out a meal based on what's in my cupboards, but since I don't know what you have it's tougher. Wheat pasta is great, tuna is usually cheap and healthy...maybe some kind of tuna noodle casserole. Okay, well, just want to help, good luck!

April-Hope you're feeling better! It's funny but when I read your post all I was thinking was, "Yum! Pretzles and ginger ale!" I haven't had either for quite some time. I'm sure your weight is just messed up since you're sick. It'll go back to normal once you can eat normal food again. Take care of yourself!

NSM-So, what's the word? Did the paperwork get straightened out? Try not to stress too much. If you need to vent, come here and get it out of your system...you don't want that stuff building up inside you. Take care of yourself, hon. Miss you!

Shasha-Great that you made time to work out at lunch. It's also so good that you feel back on track again. Don't let this upcoming weekend derail you. It's not worth it. Believe me, I know! You're doing all the right things and deserve to keep the momentum going for max results. Oh and have fun!

I almost forget ot do my quick update. Since TOM finally came, I did see a little drop on the scale this morning, so I'm happy about that. I got my run in...did my longest run yet and felt great after, like I could've kept going for a while. I've already done my worst chore of the day...cleaning the bathroom, top to bottom, inside and out! Now I'm going to shower and relax the rest of the morning. YAY!!!

Last edited by Ms Perception; 09-22-2009 at 09:56 AM.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:40 AM   #536  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 226/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Helloooo Chickies!

Sorry, this is like the fourth day in a row with no personals for me. I'm super dooper busy right now.

I had the worst run ever last night, it was pretty pathetic. I don't know if it was the time of day (not the early morning), the fact that I could see where I was going and I ran faster, lack of hydration, lack of pre-run food or just me being lazy but I had to stop and walk several times. It took nearly all my mental motivation to get me to start running again after I'd walked. Incredibly frustrating and I just don't know what to blame it on... could be a combination of all the above to be honest. Whatever the case, I will be back out tomorrow morning and giving it my best effort for sure and it's not a total loss since I was active and moving for half an hour.

Went back to Curves this morning and talked to the owner about my screwed up printout of my weight/inches. She printed me out a new one which actually makes sense and has the number of inches lost on each body part since I began... 2.5 inches off each thigh! WooHoo! I have lost 17.5 inches total which earns me a foot on the wall. For each foot you lose, you gain a foot on the Curves wall so that's pretty cool. I also got a water bottle for my efforts which is totally nice... I left there feeling a bit more uplifted despite my stupid run yesterday.

I seem to be holding steady at 210. I saw a dip at 209.8 the day of the party and with my carbohydrate bloat I have been up the last couple of days but back at 210 today so I'm hoping it'll drop pretty good the next couple of days and put me at 1 lb to lose in this last week of September. I figure even if I don't make 8 lbs... 5 or more is totally fine.

Ok, must work work work! Hope everyone has a fantastic day!
Shrinking Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:53 AM   #537  
April

S/C/G: 203/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6''

Finally starting to feel better. Jumped on the scale this morning, and it was DOWN 2.4 pounds. I was finally about to eat OP yesterday. It was great... Lol. Now I just have to get some exercise in, but it's raining , I'll try my best to send it elsewhere to you gals that want it

I decided to just move all my tickers to my current weight and start from there. With the new scale and the 4 pound gain, I was getting confused. Looking foward to some nice yummy soup for lunch today...!!

Ms Perception- Congrats on the run! It is most def. my favorite way to exercise. Soon there will be snow, and then it's back inside though. So we just have to make the most of it now.

iDream Sometimes I wish that I only had to leave for shopping Sometimes work drives me crazy Yesterday was a 8 to 7 work day. I really wish my bf wasn't so picky, and would actually try some of your recipes. They sound amazing!!

KimL1214- I'm a sucker for Campbell's soup. Yumms. But the sodium is really high. Chicken is always super cheap where I am from, maybe you could try buying it in bulk?

Delphi You really amaze me. Anyone else would be screaming and throwing a fit. Could you possibly send some of your patience my way? Congrats on the loss! You def. deserve it!

jellofer2 Congrats on do so well!

Bootsie I'm with you there, I'm just happy to see the scale going back down again. Congrats!

shasha17a Way to go on exercising at work! I'm really looking into joining a 24 hour gym, but seeing as we plan on moving to the country soon(even more then we currently are ) It doesn't seem like a great time for it yet. Lol.

Newshinyme Hope everything gets straightened out soon

Well I think that's everyone since I last posted. I'm going to go play on my elliptical for a bit... Rain... Grrr...
aprilcp12344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:56 AM   #538  

Height: 6'1

I am in a good mood again today. I am back down the couple lbs that I gained over the weekend after being 100% back on track yesterday. I had zumba again last night and it was fun. I also noticed that the lunch workout is very helpful. I was feeling much more energetic afterwards rather than just lethargic. Today I'm going to do another lunch workout and then do kickboxing tonight. I hope I can be at 245 by month's end.
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:33 AM   #539  
One day at a time.

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/135-120

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Ladies!

Thanks everyone for the cake comments. I'd go and name everyone, but I need to get some ST in. So far, the scale is telling me I'm 214-216; but I do see a physical difference! That's what's important right? I have a goal for my day, today. I want to have an POP, eating wise. I just took the doggies for their seperate walks, which takes about an hour. And then I'm going to do some abs and arm work. Then I hit breakfast (I have to wait for my acid reducer to kick in and I'm not starving right when I wake up,) and then I finish my reading homework.

I had a great first day. I only had one class, public speaking. It seems like it's not going to be that bad. I only have....(calculates) 4 speeches all quarter. Since there is preparation work. I have all three of my classes today, Public Speaking, English 101, and then American Cultural Studies. English and American are combined into a block periods though. I already love the read material!

All righty ladies! I hope you all have a great day and Delphi, I really hope you find something. I know how stressful it is when you don't know what's going on with the place you live.

<3 'Bye Ladies!
Miss Mallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:41 AM   #540  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'0"

shasha17a Good job! you are doing great. Let me know how the kickboxing is going I would love to try it some time.

aprilcp12344 Glad to hear you are feeling better today I have rain here too Have a great workout and enjoy that soup sounds good.

Shrinking Girl you are doing great losing all those inches. WOW 17.5 inches that is amazing keep up the good work girl

Ms Perception Great job on the running keep it up you are doing so well. I am off to clean my bathrooms today as well wish me luck

iDream Have fun with the shopping Can't wait to hear from you. Thanks for vote of confidence I don't always feel like I can do this but it sure helps hearing it from you. It really helps me keep on going and never giving up. I see your success and that you believe I can do this and that helps pick me back up everyday... Thanks for being in my coner... Yeah I am drinking my water thanks once again for the reminder... I dobn't know what I would do without you girl

KimL1214 I feel your pain I have to try and stretch food with 3 teenage boys in the house it is never easy...

Delphi My heart goes out to you sweetie, wish I lived closer so I could help you out. I am still amazed by your continued success I really look up to you. Thank you for sharing with me. You are such a strong and amazing woman with all you battles you still continie to be such an inspiration to me. If there's anything I can do to help please let me know. to look over you.

Today is a day of finishing up all the house work. I am going on the road with DH on Wed and Fri everyweek. Monday's I have to do all the invoices and paperwork so that leaves me with Tues and Thurs to get housework done and meal planning done for the week.. I am finding that it is helping us out allot to keep all our fresh veggies cut up and put into snack bags so we can just grab and go for our lunches. I guess it is a learn as you go right LOL

As for my weight loss I seem to keep bouncing around and never getting below 214. I don't know what's going on but I will not give up... It is getting close to the end of the month and once again I don't think I will make the goal but one day I will have a month that I will lose that 10 lbs at least I am really hoping it will happen one day.

Ladies you are doing so awesome keep up the good work... Have a great day!
mystical is offline   Reply With Quote