Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 08:44 AM   #241  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Kity - welcome back! See everyone, this should set the example. Do not stray away from the forum or you'll gain 10 pounds! LOL - sorry Kitty, I know that sounds mean, Im just trying to motivational, please dont take it personal. We are SO HAPPY to have you back and look forward to seeing your ticker go down.

Mygrits - good job on getting your tasks at hand done. I think you and I are on the same page with our second wind of energy and enthusiasm in losing weight. Um, the vitamins...I think Im good for now, I appreciate the offer (I actually missed the original offer and had to read back from your most recent post to know what you were talking about - man oh man, did I have a serious case of medicine head because I missed a lot in a lot of everyones posts). Anyway, you'll have to take pics of your garden once your done. I would love for everyone to share other things besides weight loss and weight loss pictures. I mean, we are all friends.

Tiff - Oh god can I relate with wanting my dad to take care of everything for me. As a 27 year old adult, with a child of my own, I STILL feel that way, way too often. I hope everything works out. Isnt funny how they will bend over backwards to sell you the car but once you drive it off the lot, they wipe their hands clean of you? That happened to me. I bought a car from a dealership, when I took it for the test drive I was so focused on listening to the engine that I turned the radio off. WELL - I ended up buying the car, driving it off the lot and on my way home I realized the speakers were cracked and they sounded HORRIBLE. I quickly turned around (NO MORE THAN 15 MINUTES FROM PURCHASING IT), and they told me I had to pay to get it repaired there. Ooooohhhhh....just talking about it, 3 years later ticks me off. Anyway - I can relate.

OK GUYS, WARNING---WARNING----I have a MAJOR bomb to drop. <deep breath>...on a personal note, I will share with you what happened yesteryday. Um, well, me and my husband have decided to separate. It is extremely sad for me, but in the same token, I was just as sad when we were trying to work through things. I have cried more tears in the last 12 hours than I have in the last 12 months. I know this could be good but there is also that fear that it could be bad, that I could regret our decision. Is there the possibility that we can work it out, maybe, but he may not want to down the road and that scares me. It scares me to live on my own. We have decided that he will move out in 90 days. That gives us time to get prepared, to explain it to Gabriella and to figure out how both of us are going to swing this financially. This is so scary for me. As confident as I am, I dont think Ive ever been this scared in my life. I also feel bad because this was ultimately my decision and my husbands health is not at its best right now and it makes me feel like a terrible person. I know it will be ok, I know I will get through it, its just very overwhelming right now. I have absolutely NO appetite. In fact, I feel pretty much naustious (sp?) at all times and Im afraid that if someone says the wrong thing, I am going to break into uncontrollable tears. God, this is so weird, I debated and debated and debated and swore this was the right thing and maybe it is, maybe its just fear getting the best of me but it just sucks. I know this may be weird for most of you to read because we are close but this is BIG news, but with my weight loss journey (and sanity), I have some major hills ahead of me. Sometimes I handle stress with overeating, like I did with my last job or when my brother got in his accident, but also in the past, when I dealt with a breakup I got so tremendously stressed that I lost an ungodly amount of weight. That is not a bad thing, but it is not healthy. I also become extremely lethargic when I'm depressed so I really have to try hard to make sure that I dont let myself get in that funk. Thanks for listening (reading). This may be a point of topic with me for the next few months so please bare with me.

Ill touch base later.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:01 PM   #242  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Hey Lindy, No big deal on the nutritionals, and am so glad your health is better, however so sorry to hear about your separation. I wish I were down there to just give you a big hug and shoulder. I am close, so if you ever need that, please call. I so know its scary, very scary, as a woman and mother. When I left my husband with two little ones, I second guessed my decision for 6 months, then got back together, and left again after two weeks. At that point, I knew for myself and the kids, I had made the right decision. I won't lie, it was hard raising two as a single mom and only financial supporter, but it was for the best. I knew if I had stayed, the kids would be unhappy and blame themselves for us, their parents being miserable. I felt being a single mom, even though it was financially hard, would be an emotionally healthier environment. They are now 21 and 19 and the best children I could have ever been blessed with. We are very, very close. So, I don't know if this babbling helps at all, but as I try to live by, follow your 'heart', it will never lie to you. I wish you much comfort right now, much strength. I get to Orlando atleast once a week, so if you ever need anything, never hesitate to ask. Oh, and EAT, you need to keep your health up!!
Old 04-23-2009, 04:31 PM   #243  

Mygrits, thank you for the words of encouragement and sharing your experience, I think that it definately helps. I am very confused right now. I know, this may be tmu but I just need to vent. I dont have a horrible marriage. Its not abusive, we hardly every fought prior to 6 months ago but now things have changed. I think he is complacent with life and where we are and I want more and hes not willing to meet more, which makes me unhappy. I love my husband so much and this was such an extremely difficult decision. I just want to get over the shock of it already, its like a rollercoaster. I am so flippin tempermental, anything triggers a crying attack right now. Yet, I dont regret what I did. What gives? Im so confused. Anyway, like I said, Im sure I am going to have relentless posts on this subject. No one has to reply, its just good to get it off my chest.

I didnt do great with food today but Im not consuming a whole lot of calories either so it balances itself out. My step dad invited me over for hasbrowns and ham for breakfast, I had a bowl of that and headed to work. I then grabbed at cream soda, which by the way - has 190 calories in it!!! CRAZY!!! and I just had a bag of Skittles. I know, I know...I need to eat and it needs to be better than that, but right now, I just cant. I will though, this is only day 1 of my journey.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:11 PM   #244  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Lindy- So sorry to hear about your separation. Sometimes the right thing to do isn't always the easiest. Keep your head up girl. We're here for you to vent. Try to stay busy. That always helps me when I am down. Because I too am an emotional eater.

So.. today I did okay. I did poorly with eating, however my exercising was great. My husband and I went and did a pedal boat at a local park, then did a 1hr cycling class (my butt is on fire) and then I did a mile on the treadmill. Before all this, we went to cracker barrel and I got my favorite (dumplins). So.. hopefully I made up for it in the gym. My "official" weigh in day is tomorrow; however I weigh myself every day.

I have work tomorrow. So I'll check in tomorrow night. Bye!

Last edited by Neesy_20; 04-23-2009 at 09:22 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:33 PM   #245  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Hi ladies! Lindy - so sorry about what's going on in your life! But you sure seem to be strong and that's amazing and I'm envious of that ability.

I am sitting on the couch with my laptop and watching Twilight...for like the 10th time. Love the books and the movie - call it my release from real life! Between that and Gossip Girl - its enough to indulge in

I am so stressed at work - I have so much on my plate and beyond busy and yesterday and today I had some nasty cravings but I didn't give in. I even managed to drag my tired butt to the gym at 9PM to get a 45 min workout in. I'm taking tonight off and to get a good one in tomorrow morning for my conference weekend - I'm so bummed I can't work out at all this weekend. Oh well, I am going to try and eat as healthy as I can. I am having a coke zero right now and I haven't had one in a few weeks - it tastes gross - I am going to throw it out.

I am weighing in tomorrow...hoping for something! I definitely feel like I have - but seeing some results would be nice!! That's why I threw out my scale and just use the one at the gym...I get too obsessive about it. I am having problems going to the bathroom (sorry for the subject), and I get obsessed about that too for some odd reason?!?!

Well I am going to get ready for my looonggg weekend and I hope you all have a great one! Weather is awesome here in Vancouver (for once - it always rains here) and I'm out on the golf course tomorrow. God help my team lol.

Wishing you all the best
Old 04-24-2009, 11:20 AM   #246  

Woo-hoo guys! I got my stitches removed yesterday so I am going to step up my game at the gym...yyyyyeeeeesssss. On a side note about that, the doctor did a HORRIBLE hack job with my stitches and it looks like Leatherface himself could have done a better job. Its crazy, I had surgery for a hernia when I was younger, I had my daughter without a c-section and also had my gallbladder removed a couple of years back and none of these are even half as bad as this. This was supposed to be something minor to remove a couple of moles and it is absolutely horrid. Grrrr...fortunately its not in an area where anyone would really see it (its kinda above my pelvic area), so I guess thats good. Ill just put vitamin E oil on it and see how it goes.

It got kinda quiet again around here. I shouldnt have today but I hopped on the scale and was happy with the number. I am at 197. Im not going to record it yet because I also think Im retaining water because I havent been drinking much water lately but we will see. I was SO hungry today, maybe because of my lack of appetite the last two days, so I indulged and went to my favorite breakfast place and had 2 biscuits and gravy with a large cup of Barneys coffee. I did the gym today but didnt burn many calories because I was kinda tired so I did low level exercising for only 30 minutes and hardly broke a sweat. I think I am going to go tonight and try to burn off some of those biscuits because that is like the WORST breakfast ever. It could only be worst if I added corn beef hash to it....mmmmm...I thought about it, lol.

Ill check in later. It is a BEAUTIFUL day here in Florida and tomorrow I am going to the beach with my daughter and my cousins. Fun times. Hopefully it will relieve the stress. We will see.

Last edited by luckylindy; 04-24-2009 at 11:21 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:34 AM   #247  
Kelly

S/C/G: 190/see ticker/130

Hi Girls!! Thanks for the welcome back!!
Lindy, I hope you are doing ok today?! I'm soo sorry to hear what you are going through. We are all here for you to vent to anytime.

It's true! I think if you leave this site you could gain 10 pounds. I did!! It sucks to really bad. I am so uncomfortable in all my clothes. I miss feeling good about myself. Now I have this head cold and my asthma is acting up again. Just great!!
Well I have been eating more salads, which I can't stand, I am not a salad girl. I like meat and potatoes. But I think I will stick to subway and lighter stuff for lunches, and lots and lots af chicken and greens for dinner. I am off to a fairly good start I think. Chicken with broccolli and green beans for dinner. I love that, so I told my husband for the nest few days I just want that for dinner. I love it!! I know it's probably better to mix it up, but I love red meat too much it sticks around to long, and I don't want that right now.
I'll check in later.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:38 AM   #248  
Kelly

Lindy: Have fun at the beach! I am soo jealous! It's just starting to get warm here, in Minnesota! But it's not swimming weather YET! Have fun and take pics to enjoy your fun time!! It sounds like you need to relieve some stress, just take it easy and enjoy the BEAUTIFUL day.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:55 PM   #249  
Kelly

So today I have skipped breakfast, had small coffee, and still have yet to eat. I am thinking I should probably eat somethingn even small. I just feel so uncomfortable I barely want to eat. I am going to Vegas for my first time in two weeks and my summer clothes barely fit from last year. It's those stupid 10 pound, why couldn't it have been a loss of 10 pounds?? I'm frustrated!!
Old 04-24-2009, 02:28 PM   #250  

Hey Kity - by the way, I love your pic - so pretty. You really should eat. I know Im stating the obvious but going without food definately slows down your metabolism. I started doing that in March and saw relatively no weight loss and when I re-evaluated what I was doing in January and February and then what I did in March, that was the difference and thats why I think I havent lost much more weight. Anyway- Vegas, how exciting! I really would love to visit one day, just to take in the shows and atmosphere. Im not a big gambler. Its funny, I dont consider myself a salad girl either, but when someone else makes it (my step-dad makes the best salads), I usually LOVE them. When I make it - blah, yuck. I too LOVE chicken and veggies. I really do love cooked veggies more than candy bars, funny, why the heck am I so fat there?! lol. Anyway, keep up with what your doing, you'll get there. Oh and according to your ticker, you only have 6 lbs to go to lose the weight you gained, you can do that in 2 weeks. Just push yourself and no cheating!

I hope everyone is doing well today. I havent done well with my food today but I cant rewind time, just move forward. Like I said earlier, I had biscuits and gravy for breakfast with a large coffee and for lunch I had fried, greasy pork with rice and beans from a local spanish restaurant. It was super delicious but I am going to be on the stair climber all night tonight (well, at least for 30 minutes - lol).

Last edited by luckylindy; 04-24-2009 at 02:31 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:47 PM   #251  
Kelly

Thanks, You are pretty too!!
I am just not hungry tho. Which is the total opposite of normal. I am usually always hungry. Oh well. I will eat later I guess. I am going to try to do the la weight loss take off to get a boost. I have tried that in the past and it has worked It is going to be a little difficult since they are closed but I am hoping to get back on the wagon again. Yes I know it's only 6 pounds to loose but then I am right where I started in Jamuary. WHat an obsticle. I am really down on myself. I CAN do this, I keep telling myself.

I am really excited to go to vegas, it's actually over mothers day weekend, I am going with my cousin, and a friend of ours. Just 3 girls, I have never left my kids that long, but am still excited. I do not really like gambling, I am mostly going to site see and see the shows, and to relax and hang out.

Then for fathers day we are going to the dells with the kids, that is my official goal to lose weight!! I will HAVE to wear a swim suit!! EEK.
I hope I am ready!!
Hope everyone is having a great day!! It's Friday. I actually have the night off of work I am looking forward to hanging out with my kids. They are growing soo fast. My son, Caleb (6) is is babseball, and Taylor (3) is in soccer, well with mom. She is still young. i'll check back later
Old 04-24-2009, 03:59 PM   #252  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Hi Ladies,

Lindy, so glad your stitches are out and your back at the gym. I always found exercising released my stress and clear my head. Hopefully it does the same for you! Beach - YES! That will definitely relieve your stress...LOL. It is beautiful here, and I am also thinking of hitting the beach this weekend.

KityCat - You need to eat. Lindy was right on about the metabolism slowing. Plus you don't want to burn muscle either. It is hard to get it back. I did that two years ago and so regret it. Vegas sounds like a blast. I have never been there, but hope to visit this year.

I am done good today. Got my front yard gardening done for the most part and man did the heat ever get to me. I am soooooo tired. Anyway, food has been good and I feel great. Hope everyone else is doing good and having a fantastic Friday. ITS THE WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-24-2009, 10:11 PM   #253  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Just got off work. I'm sooooo tired and sore all over. I was so busy today. I didn't get a chance to sit down in 14 hrs! I'm off this weekend. Thank god. Plus it's suppose to be nice up here. I'm going to the gym in the morning to do this step class. It's an hour long. Hopefully my legs will feel better by morning because I really wanted to try it. My official weight today is 207.6lbs. Down almost 3lbs in a week. I'll take that!

Kity-Just think. You've been basically maintaining since january. That's half the battle. You're gonna do great. Keep it up and keep us posted!

I'll check in more later!
Old 04-25-2009, 08:43 AM   #254  
focus on me

Height: 5'3"

Lindy - I am sorry about your breakup. I can't even try to really understand because I am not married and have no children. All I can relate to is the pain and sadness you are feeling. I think if you are honest with yourself, then things work out in the end. If there is any way I can help, please let me know.

On a higher note-stitches be gone!! Now you can work out any frustrations you've had building. At least you are working off what you ate. BTW-Barnies coffee! There used to be one in Cincy, but now it's a Starbucks-eeww! My fav-Santa's White Christmas. I want my Barnie's back! Guess I will have to keep ordering online. It was nice when I could get a little of this and that instead of by the lb.

Neesy - 3 lbs is awesome. Way to go on the exercise. Wow, if I could get myself to do that, this would be cake!

Staccie - First - Gossip Girl... my secret addiction also! I missed the last one, so I will watch online this weekend. Doesn't it feel great not to give in to cravings? It's like a ray of sunshine coming out of your body-or at least to me it is...LOL!

KityCat - Lindy is right. You can't skip meals or eat like a bird. Your body will hang onto whatever you eat for dear life. Vegas sounds great. My aunt and her boyfriend go 1-2x a year (he has a brother that lives there). How are you doing on the smoking? I started the patch last Saturday and it's going very well. I've slipped a few times, but I'll get there.

Drum roll...... I found a pair of workout shoes!!!!! Asics gels. They didn't come in a wide, so I went a half size bigger (sometimes this doesn't work). I feel like I'm walking on clouds-no, marshmallows! They bounce me right back up with each step. You should have seen me...I was jumping, start/stop, walking, hitting the heel when I tried these on. I tried 7 prs of shoes and these were the only ones that felt good and only $40. They're shipping in another style of Asics I want to try that come in wide. Hope those fit-cause I'll get them too.

I am swollen today and I don't know why. I ate good yesterday and not that much sodium. Maybe TOM has something to do with it. I plan to drink LOTS of water today and break these shoes in!. I'm up 2 lbs. and my swollen hands feel like it. If this water doesn't go away, then tomorrow will be upsetting. But I have NO excuse now. I have shoes!!!!
Old 04-25-2009, 01:59 PM   #255  
focus on me

Height: 5'3"

I just walked/jogged for 30 minutes on my treadmill! Those shoes are freakin' awesome...haha! I know, for some of you, 30 minutes is cake. But I'm just getting back into it-for REAL!

I came up with a plan of action also. I will be 38 in a month. Which means I will be 40 in 2 years. I don't want to still be fat at 40! So, my new goal is to be 135 by my 40th B-day. That's 108 weeks to lose 90 lbs. which = .83 lbs a week. I look at it like this, I only have to lose 1 lb a week. I can do that. If I lose more, then yeah!-but I don't have to. I only have to lose 1 lb a week. I will NOT beat myself up if I miss it sometimes. I can miss it for a total of 18 weeks or 2x within each of my 8 3-month mini-goals...which I don't intend to do. It boils down to losing 11-12 lbs every 3 months..

I have new goals listed for my tickers. I may have to adjust it tomorrow when I weigh, but it shouldn't be a big difference. Once I hit each mini-goal, I will add a star or something with my tickers to show each. It's all about the numbers...hahaha!
Closed Thread