Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 11:47 AM   #211  
This IS it...

S/C/G: 350.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Lindy, I am sooooooo glad I am back too. I truly missed you guys and the motivation you give me.

Burgandy: It sounds lie you are just totally in the zone. Making all the right choices, with the walking, the fajitas, the popcorn...you just rock and keep it up and the weight will just fall off and it will all become habit and not even like work anymore.

Well guys, I am absolutely thrilled right now. I weighed this morning and the scale told me I weighed 303.8!!!!! I am getting so close I can taste it! What is the 200's called? Twoterville? Well, heck, I am living in the suburbs of Twoterville right now, and in a few days I will be moving on up and at least have the same first number as most of you! So, I will be doing a photo shoot soon! I think the next batch of clothes I order from old navy, I will order size 22 and 2xl's and hope like heck that they fit. Some of their 24's are falling off me and some are just fitting perfect. Plus the jeans I was talking about yesterday that still fit with a belt...those are 26's. Jeeze, can't they be consistent? In Lane Bryant clothes and Target clothes I am still a 26 though. How depressing. I got some great pants from goodwill that were Target brand and size 24 and totally thought they would fit, but they still don't. Well they button, but look awful. They are the type that you can tell should fit loose.

It sounds like just about everyone is doing housecleaning today! Booooring! I have decided I am definitely going to the gym again when my fiance gets off work. Gotta go beat that 15:50 time and get the weight training in today. Enjoy your beautiful Saturdays everyone! I am off to have lunch (breafast, lol)
Old 04-18-2009, 03:07 PM   #212  
focus on me

Height: 5'3"

Tiff - Sweet! Twoterville it is.. haha! You are so close and after all that stressing over tax season, you got back on and it's paying off. Great job! I agree about the cleaning...boring! It is so nice today-gonna get up to 71. Tomorrow will be cooler and some rain, so today is the day to get out and do something.

Lindy - I forgot to ask you how long till your doc releases you to exercise? It's gotta be less than a week, right? You're doing so good and keeping in good spirits even though you can't break a sweat. My happy pills, yeah, I hate having to take them, but I gotta do what I can to get through right now. Hopefully when I get into an exercise routine (I am trying), drop some poundage and can breath better (I have my smoking patch on!), I can drop back down and eventually off of them. I take way to many meds for someone my age. It's crazy. I think when my dad died 4 years ago and with my mom's situation, it's really starting to sink in that I have to take care of myself or suffer the consequences.

Beef Stew-4 servings (NOTE-I'm guessing on some of these amounts, I just eyeballed it)
Stainless steel pan/pot with lid (what I used, not sure how good it will do in non-stick. this way you can 'scrap' the 'bits' from the bottom later for better flavor)
1 lb. LEAN stew meat
2 Tbs oil (whatever you want-as long as it can hold up to high temp)
1/4 c (?) flour to coat the meat (I didn't measure)
steak seasoning (recipe I took this from called for garlic powder, salt and black pepper...ie, steak seasoning)
1/2 medium onion sliced or diced, whatever you prefer
1/2 c chopped carrots
1/4 c chopped celery
2 c (?) beef broth (enough to cover when added) +
1/2 c beef broth
1/4 10 minute barley (I used this instead of potatoes)

Here is how I did it...
-season meat with steak seasoning, then toss in ziploc bag of flour. shake bag to coat meat, shake off excess flour when removed from bag.
-in stainless steel pan, heat oil over medium high heat till hot. Test oil temp by dropping a pinch of flour in it. If it bubbles, it's ready.
-add coated meat (should sizzle), cook for a few minutes-turning on each side to brown (don't cook through or it will be tough later).
-lower heat to medium and add onions. stir around until they start to clarify.
-add broth, carrots and celery. stir and bring to boil. reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 1 1/2 - 2 hours. Stir occasionally (scrape the 'bits' off of the bottom of the pan also)
-15 minutes before stew is done, in a separate pan, heat 1/2 c beef broth till boils. add barley and follow package directions.
-when barley is complete add to stew and voila! mmmmm.....

note-my stew had a thick gravy the whole time, but if it's not thick enough do the flour/corn starch trick to thicken it.

Hope you like it!

I did good yesterday. I don't think I came close to my calories. But I didn't go hungry and I didn't binge. This morning I exercised doing the walk in place for a mile by Leslie someone. I've had a banana, 6" Subway sandwich and just had a veggie sandwich and steamed broccoli. I will eat the rest of my beef stew for dinner and make minestone later today.

I'm going to a friend's tonight to play Euchre and Apples to Apples (I always win this..hehe). They will be drinking and smoking. But I have my patch on and WILL NOT smoke. I don't even have any to smoke and you can't smoke for up to 8 hours after taking it off cause it will make you sick! I can do it. Now, I may have a couple beers, but nothing major. If my guy friend comes with me (the one I gave up on for helping me-now he's kicking it into gear cause his brother asked him to...WTF?!?!-anyway...), I won't drink at all. He's really trying to quit drinking and smoking so we can support each other. If I can get him to, I'm gonna walk today. I'll wear my stinky sneakers-don't care. I can wash my feet when I get home!
Old 04-18-2009, 03:12 PM   #213  
focus on me

shoot, I did it again, another chapter in my book, sorry! and I forgot...

Burgundy - yes, I can return the shoes (once I clean the soles...). I will just have to go to a specialty shoe store to get a pair.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:03 PM   #214  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Lindy- I didnt clean, it was just too nice of a day to be inside all day. I did drink a lot of water today, so I am hoping that helped with yesterday.

Tiff- I am in the zone now, I have my head on straight again. Twoterville, hilarious, its around the corner. I like it when we all share photos, when you dont see a difference yourself but have lost, everyone else will see it. You are too funny with Lane Bryant, I feel that way about Maurices, they have awesome clothes, but I want to be able to shop on the other side of the store.

Kelly-the beef stew tastes yummy, might have to make some this week or next. At least your friend is motivated now and will walk with you, but what is it with guys that they will do for one another, but not for us. I'm trying to get my husband to walk with me but no luck so far.

Yea I had good intentions of cleaning today but the weather is gonna be nasty tomorrow, so I said forget it, I am going outside. I went to some yard sales with my in laws this morning, then came home and played outside with the dogs. My hubby was gone all day so I had no car, but that was ok. I did get a walk in. Went by a farm down the road and they have a bobcat in their barn, who in the **** keeps a bobcat as a pet, weirdos. I was bad at dinner and KFC, I was gonna weigh tomorrow, but I might wait a few more days now and get all this out of my system. I will drink more water before bed. OK, gonna talk to my sisters, I hate being so far away from them. K, night girls.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:03 PM   #215  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Hi everyone! Thought I would write a bit before I go to bed really early - it's only 7PM on a Saturday night but I've bad a long day. I did something today that I have NEVER done before. I had a long walk by the ocean and then decided on the way home I was going to have one cupcake. Well I bought two and scarfed them down so quick it wasn't even funny. I was really hungry so that was mistake number 1. If I had just kept walking home and had my lunch I would have not gone back. Anyway I felt so guilty and gross that I threw it up. Now, I gave myself quite a talking to and I'm exhausted. But rather than hiding it, I thought I needed to put it 'out there' because sometimes when I write or say it, it stays a conviction. If there is anything positive about this (not the action but the outcome), the way they tasted 'after' - I probably will never eat one again. Not a solution by any means but I learned my lesson. I'm taking your advice and going to sleep, I think I'm emotionally exhausted from doing something I have never done before
Old 04-19-2009, 11:47 AM   #216  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Today, I am OFFICIALLY starting over. I weighed myself and am soooo dissappointed with myself. My starting weight is 210.2 (up 4lbs). My goal is to be 189 by June 5th. That's averaging 3lbs a week. I think I can do it. I'm going to work out on every single off day. No more eating out. I'm getting serious now. I CANNOT and WILL NOT let myself gain all that back! Forget it! 3lbs a week is reasonable. I can do this.

I'm going to get on here everyday and put my plan for the day so that I will stay on track. Lindy- Thanks for all the compliments. That makes me feel really good and made me get really committed. I know I have said that a few times lately. But I am for real about it now.

My plan today for success: Eat healthy, ofcourse. Clean my house. Do 10 min elliptical, 10 minutes stair climber, 10 minutes treadmill back to back. Then do weights. Walk the dogs x 3.

I will get on here later and update to let you know if I did what I planned to do. TTYL!

Last edited by Neesy_20; 04-19-2009 at 11:50 AM.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:56 PM   #217  
Fat Chick Newbie

S/C/G: 192/168/130

Height: 5'4

Smile Joining in with excitement!

Ok so currently my stat's are:
Starting weight 192
Current weight 172
Goal of 130-135
My mini goal for Memorial day is 152

I am working out at least once a day, various excersizes, I cant do the same thing everyday, I get bored, maybe a mild ADHD lol. I have recently learned to embrace and love my treadmill, I have so despised it up until a month ago. The best thing I have learned to do with my treadmill, is find a book i love to read and cant put down, and the only way I am 'allowing' myself to read it is if I walk the treadmill and read it at the same time. Mind you I only walk on speed 3, so it takes me like an hour in a half to do 4 miles. Walking and reading at the same time surely takes some practice! I also LOVE my Wii fit! Best thing I have ever baught!

My husband and I are currently trying the calorie shifting diet, in 2 weeks he dropped 7lbs. *grrrr* it comes so easily to him. Has anyone tried this? How has it worked for you? good tips ideas? I am open!
Anyway, I look forward to doing my weekly weigh in here, and chatting with all of you!

Happy Sunday!
Haney
Old 04-19-2009, 01:23 PM   #218  
Brown Eyed Staccie

Haney - what is the calorie shifting diet? I am intrigued!
I did something similar to you on Friday night, I only allowed myself to watch the hockey game if I was on the treadmill - this also kept me from watching it in a pub - with beer and chicken wings. It's a great incentive isn't it?

Neesy - I SUPPORT YOU! I am going to do the same thing as you - to help keep me on track. I am going to the gym in about five min to get myself officially weighed - my scale at home was a piece of crap. I am hoping I am at 218....but wherever I am, i'm going to rock it I would love to see what your daily plans are!!!

Will write later! All of you are awesome!!!
Old 04-19-2009, 03:45 PM   #219  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Hey Staccie! I'm glad you're doing so too! We can get in the 1's together!

Haney-Glad to have you! 20lbs in a month may be a little much. You're already small compared to me. I'd shoot for 10. Anyway, I like the idea of switching up your exercise routine. It sounds like you have a great plan!

I didn't do what I planned earlier. But I still did good. I went to the track by my house and walked/jogged 2 miles with my dogs. I have eaten well so far today. I've eaten three oranges, one cup dry cereal, and a lean cuisine. Now.. for dinner I'm going to eat a piece of grilled chicken and steamed veggies. I'm not going to eat after 8:30 pm anymore. I say 8:30 because I get off at 7:30 on the days that I work. I have to have time to eat when I get home! Anyway, One day almost down on my new diet. YAY!

My goal to start is to do 2 miles on my "off days" which I have 4 of each week. Then gradually increase. So, there it is. I'm going to stick with it. No ifs ands or buts!

Well, I will check in tomorrow! BYE!

Last edited by Neesy_20; 04-19-2009 at 03:50 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:45 PM   #220  
focus on me

Looks like some of us have the same idea. I weighed today and changed my ticker-even though it is up 2. I've been letting it ride at 222 for like a month now, just 'hoping' that I could it back there then progress. Well, that's lying to myself and it will get me nowhere. I am 'starting' again at 224. It is time to face this-head on!

I was very happy with yesterday. I made good choices until I got to my friend's house. Someone had brought smores and I have only had it once in my life, like 3 years ago. So I had 2 smores and 2 beers. But NO cigarettes! I still had my patch on and refused to smoke. Maybe that's why the smores were enticing? Usually, I could care less about sweets-unless it's TOM, then anything goes. Maybe it's that time? haha! But I think I had the calories to spare (forgot to track food yesterday).

Today has been good too. Food has been good and I've tracked everything. I cleaned the house nonstop and had a constant sweat going (I usually stop take smoke breaks). I must have been flying! So I will count that as exercise. I went up and down my steps 15 times, I know it! Carrying and pushing my heavy, crappy, dying vacuum on both levels worked my arms. (Any suggestions on a cheap, light, pet hair picking-up vacuum?) Bending over picking up cat toys everywhere! Carrying laundry up and down 2 flights of steps. You name it, I did it.

So I decided to reward myself! I went out to Target and JCPenny and with the sales, I got 2 prs of workout pants and a workout shirt for $45. Probably not the cheapest, but they fit and I will use them immediately. I'm going back to Penney's tomorrow to find a pair of gym shoes and return the ones I ordered. I've started looking for a digital kitchen scale also. I'm going to make that my next reward, or an early b-day present from anyone who will buy it! I'm looking for one with the smallest increments and I know some of them keep track of your food nutrition for the day too. I checked out the Biggest Loser scale, but there were MANY complaints that it measures everything as less than what it really is. That sucks.

Well, I'll shut up now. I'll check back later to see how everyone is doing. AND I will be back tomorrow. My new dose of 'happy' pills must be working!
Old 04-19-2009, 06:56 PM   #221  
Brown Eyed Staccie

Kelly - good on you for getting the outfit and reward! It's awesome to have good clothes to work out in!!
Neesy - woo hoo for you!!! We will get into onderland!!!

Happy to report that the scale at the gym says that I am at 219 - so less than what I had hoped - woo hoo. I kicked butt at the gym today - 60 min on the Treadmill (combination of walking incline, running and walking backwards), followed by weights for my back, arms and abs. Feels good. Came home and enjoyed a nice meal off egg white, rice and chicken mix (high in protein) topped with some salsa - yummy!

I have completed my weekly plan and look forward to it. I love being at the gym (once I get there!).

I can't have a signature yet so I will write it manually:

Current Weight: 219
Major Goal A: 195
Major Goal B: 169
Final Goal: 149

Mini Goal 1: 208 - May 9th
Reward: Sessions with the trainer
Mini Goal 2: 199 - ONEDERLAND! - June 11th
Reward: New Outfit for my friends wedding!
Mini Goal 3: 189 - July 17th
Reward: New outfit for my roadtrip home!
Mini Goal 4: 179 - August 27th

There will be more I also am getting my new measurements on May 9th!
Old 04-19-2009, 08:15 PM   #222  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

Hi Everyone!

Good grief, I have been in Georgia for a couple of days, and our forum went nuts! I read back, and it appears you all are doing fantastic! So, I guess instead of responding so far back, I will respond to todays page...LOL....I know lazy huh?

Neesy, I do like the way you laid out your daily plan of action. You have now inspired me to go to my big wall calendar and do the same! Thanks. See, now your motivating me! It's good to see you back on it.

Hey Haney, No I have never heard of Calorie Shifting, so can't give my input. Is it when you eat 200 more calories per day for a week and then shift and drop it 200 the next week? I know Jillian talks about that on her radio show, and says it keeps the body guessing, so it doesn't become complacent. Let us know though, would like to know more. Men, isn't it just a 'pain in the rear' on how they can drop the pounds....!!! Grrrrrr....!!!! Reading walking......ugh....I think I would get motion sickness......LOL

Deep Breath - Good for you getting new outfits! I love it when I can buy clothes and they fit! It makes me feel energetic and sexy - even if there workout clothes! LOL....Oh my......SMORES......real ones over the fire??? I would have eaten them all! Those are to die for!! I am proud of you only having a couple because I would have had a major pig out...LOL

Brown Eyed - Sounds like your day was major productive - good for you. I like your laid out plan too, they does help keeping a schedule in writing.

Well, today was a lazy day, after our two day road trip to Georgia. I did do fairly well on the trip and ate healthy. So far, not weighing and really getting into to hunger has help me be more concious with my eating and I haven't binged at all. WOW! That is a first for me. I don't know if I have lost weight, maybe a few pounds, but I really want to get a handle on my eating issues first. I guess because I have battled the buldge for years, and when I lose I just gain it back. I am too stuck on the scale and calories. I think I just need to get a grip on 'why' I am eating when I am not hungry and my stomach isn't growling up a storm. I know if I am not hungry and I have 200 more calories allowed I will eat them up and I should 'think' that way. Anyway, I went shopping today too, what fun!!! I got 2 pairs of exercise shorts and tops, 3 dressy tops and a pair of pants.....oh and underwear.....LOLOLOL.......Yes I needed it bad!

Well, tomorrow is Monday, and I plan on a good walk, and hopefully time for gardening......I am in the mood for some flowers and pretty plants.....

Oh, Tiff, it is sooooooo awesome to have you back! You sound like you are doing great too!! YES!! Lindy, you too. You do look major 'SASSY" in your picture or should I just say 'HOT' ......LOL......

Take care all
Old 04-19-2009, 11:59 PM   #223  
Fat Chick Newbie

S/C/G: 192/168/130

Height: 5'4

Staccie, The calorie shifting from what I understand, I am still learning, is where you eat healthy high protien foods (boilded eggs, turkey, etc.), 4-5 times a day, so you are never hungry but also never "FULL". You go from like 1200cals one day to 1800 the next. and kinda bouce it around (1200-2000cals variation). You do this for 11 days. Then take a 3 day break to eat whatever you like in moderation. I am going to weight in tomorrow, I have done it for 4 days now, and a cute pair of my jeans fit me PERFECT today, no mushroom top, so I think I lost a little. I was just informed by a nice person on 3FC that its also referred to as calorie cycling. I didnt know this, so I am off to search threads for that.

And to all a great night!
Haney
Old 04-20-2009, 12:44 AM   #224  
Brown Eyed Staccie

Haney! Woo hoo for the jeans! I am looking at mine and can't wait to slide into them without sucking in and yes the dreaded mushroom top!

I have heard of that before when you explained it. And I tried it with my trainer awhile back. I can't remember how it worked for me at the time. I know eating a good amount of protein is good for me!

I had an awesome day - worked out at the gym, watched the hockey game without beer or munchies and then went to my pool had a swim, jacuzzi and sauna...I'm so proud of myself today!!! I wish I could give hugs to you all!!!

Staccie
Old 04-20-2009, 09:54 AM   #225  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Morning ladies!

Wow, Im out of commission for one day and really needed to catch up. Well, I caught what Gabriella had, so did my husband, so we are both MISERABLE. I feel like a bus ran over me today. I came to work but I very well may be going home and sleeping the rest of the day. The bad thing is, when Im sick, Im sooooo freakin hungry. I know most people lose their appetite but not me. Also, I waste like 900 calories already on drinking buckets of OJ. I know OH doesnt necessarily give you the vitamin C you need but theres something just so refreshing when your not feeling well, so anyway, Im WAY over my calorie intake today and have absolutely no intentions of doing the gym today. Im hoping if I do go home that I just go straight to bed and sleep off any other cravings I may have. Im not going to dwell on it too much, I just want to hurry up and get better so I can exercise.

Neesy -I cannot tell you enough how proud I am of you. Know this - Im proud of everyone in here, but Neesy, you started this thread and got me motivated to begin with. Good job! I cannot wait to see the final outcome.

Takeadeepbreath - thanks for the recipe! Yum....yum...I cant wait to make it this week. Its great that you went out and got exercise gear, that will definately motivate you. I too went shopping yesterday and got a new exercise outfit AND this gorgeous dress, oh my gosh, I just love it. I am going to take pictures once I lose about 10 more pounds and post it for all of you to see. Also - kudos to you on not smoking. My poor mom, she stopped for a year and a half and after my brothers accident, started again. So now, shes struggling again to stop smoking. I see (once again) how difficult it is, so good for you. Im not a sweet persons either so Im pretty sure that passing on smores would not be a big deal to me.

BrownEyedStacie- I love you goals and rewards. Such a great idea, I did that too and am very excited about it. I wish I was doing this weight loss journey during football season because it sounds like your a big hockey fan and Im not into hockey but LOVE football, that would be great incentive for me to get to the gym on Sundays. Lol.

Mygrits - your post cracked me up several times. Haha. Your so funny! I loved the motion sickness thing, I was thinking the same thing. Today is a perfect day for gardening. Yesterday I went outside for an hour and a half to catch some sun, put on SPF 30 and got a MAJOR sunburn, ouchie. It hurts to smile right now, lol. Oh well, this happens every year. The first time out, then Im good the rest of the year. Lets hope so because I have plans to go to the beach this weekend.

Haney - welcome! I too have a Wii Fit and when I first got it, I loved it. Since I joined the gym, it has kinda sat in the corner, but occasionally me and my daughter will have a hula hoop contest and Ill break out my moves, lol. Sounds like you are going to fit right into this group.

Well, Ill try and check in later but knowing how I feel now, theres a strong possibility I wont. Good luck everyone! Sorry if I missed anything, I think I have a mild case ADD right now with all the meds I have in my body.
Closed Thread