Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 09:30 PM   #616  

S/C/G: 245/245/145

Height: 5'4"

Good evening ladies! I hope you all had a great day.

Lindy - sorry about your run in with the golden arches yesterday. Who knows, though - maybe your body will use the cheat meal to burn fuel more efficiently! You're doing great with the 29 lbs lost so far...I bet it felt good to hit onederland (a day I've been dreaming of for years)!

Dancer - how did you get into jogging? I'd like to get back to jogging, but I'm wondering if I should drop more weight first. I know there's a couch to 5k program or something similar.

Today was my day off cardio. I did a bad thing weighing myself this morning after a hard workout yesterday and the scale had gone up a few ounces. I still need to start cutting back on portion sizes. I'm eating approximately 5 meals a day - 3 food and 2 protein shakes made w/protein powder, apple juice and peanut butter.

Have a great night everyone.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:24 PM   #617  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Boy have I been lazy lately!!! It seems like I don't do anything I plan to do! My lack of motivation is really driving me nuts. I want to lose more but I keep putting it off to be honest. I have weighed the same for 4months. Which has been keeping me off of my diet. I have been content. I keep feeling like... its okay since i haven't gained. I can get back on track when I want. I need to change this mind frame. I definitely don't eat as bad as I use to but still... I know I need to change. Sorry for the rant. Just had to chastise myself.

anyway, I'll check in with you guys later. Bye!
Old 06-12-2009, 08:42 AM   #618  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Neesy - Good for you for maintaining! Seriously - any month that goes by when the scale doesn't inch back up is an accomplishment! Sorry you're not feeling wildly energetic though - maybe you needed this break. I've definitely read a lot of stories by successful losers where they took a couple of months of, maintained and then came back with a vengeance and lost the rest. When you were at the peak of your motivation losing those first 34lbs(!!!!), what was the source of your drive? Did you have a particular scenario in mind (looking great at a school reunion/family event etc.)? Or just being healthier?

WeightIwanttobe - Hi there! Sounds like you have a good routine down - what kind of protein powder are you using in your drinks? I've tried a few different things but haven't loved any of them. As far as running, if you don't have knee, hip or ankle issues, I'd highly recommend it! There's a major runner's high that I can't seem to get from any other activity. Lots of people rave about the couch to 5k program so I'm sure that's a good one but I haven't used it myself. My little bit of advice would be if you're starting out, pick somewhere safe and pleasant to run where you don't have to worry about cars or bikes (maybe a local park?) and alternate jogging and walking at reasonable intervals depending on your comfort level (maybe 2 min jog, 2 min walk or whatever feels do-able) and keep tweaking your pattern over a period of weeks until you're jogging for your target amount of time. I think the key is to run slower than you might expect - you can maintain that for much longer. Curious to hear if you decide to try it out - come back and tell us all about it!

Rest day for me - may walk some stairs at the office if I get bored. Happy Friday, all!
Old 06-12-2009, 08:52 AM   #619  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Wow! This thread is way over the 500 post limit. Please start a new thread as this one must be closed.
Closed Thread