Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 02:24 PM   #316  
This IS it...

S/C/G: 350.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Alright, I am definitely doing better today getting my food in AND I have already drank 6 glasses of water!

So far today I have had:

6 deviled egg halves (300)
6" subway ham with american cheese, light mustard and tomatoes (370)

I will be having the other half for dinner, but I'm not sure what else I will have today. The gym is a definite now, and we have a movie to watch tonight (The Uninvited) so I shouldn't be tempted to go to a restaraunt like we usually do Friday nights. I am not sure if Mygrits and Lindy have a Rib City near them or if they have ever heard of it...but that is my ultimate guilty pleasure. When I am craving a binge....that is the place I go. I always have the same thing...these amazing (horrible) cheese fries with this spicy ranch dressing and a sloppy city sandwich, which is basically pulled pork drenched in bbq sauce. Last time I went there though...I was so full and sick that I actually threw up and let me tell you it doesn't taste nearly as good going the other way. So luckily I am turned off of that place right now, but that is usually where I want to go on Friday nights to unwind and relax from my week. I hope it lasts a while, me not wanting to go there. Because that meal must be about 3000 calories. Ugh. Why did I do that to myself all the time?

Lindy, I never even thought about bringing food into theme parks. I always thought you wouldn't be allowed cause that's where they make so much money on you. I even looked it up cause I was so convinced you wouldn't be allowed to and didn't want you to bring all that food and not be able to bring it in....but apparently I was wrong. Totally allowed and a great idea. That bagel sounds absolutely delicious! I have actually lost between 2-4 lbs this week since sunday. I say between 2-5 because last saturday I weighed 303.4...sunday I weighed 305.8.....and Monday I stayed away from the scal because it was so bad...so because of the fluctuations I'm not really sure what I have lost.

The smoke has definitely cleared up here so hopefully we will be able to get back to our Sunday bike rides!

Today is crawling by waaay too slow. I just wanna go home and get the weekend started!
Old 05-01-2009, 02:42 PM   #317  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Tiff - Im a theme park junkie so I know all to well about bringing snacks into the theme parks. Lol. Usually they are crappy ones but nonetheless. When you were describing that sandwich my mouth was salivating....:: but then you added the "coming back up" and that thought quickly diminished - LMAO, so thanks, um - I think (just kidding). Well, I kinda over indulged. I ended up adding to my list of food, baked cheetos! I know, I know...as if I didnt learn from my baked lays fiasco, but I did ok this time. I had 1.5 servings which was 200 calories. Which leaves me with 95 calories left for the day..HAHAHAHA...yeah right. I decided that after my personal trainer session today, I am going burn off those cheetos with 30 minutes of cardio and then grab a salad from Chick fil a, I can get a large salad with chicken for only like 170 calories, not bad. Im obviously slow and bored at work, thus my 100 posts. Its not that the forum is busy, its that Nicole posts a million post a day (novel length) - lol.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:11 PM   #318  
This IS it...

Lindy, I haven't been to a theme park in FOREVER. I used to go like 3-4 times a year when I was younger and we would take field trips and my parents would go every year. But I haven't been since early college and really don't have much of a desire to go. I'm not a fan of kids (sorry all moms!). I mean the goods are completely tolerable, but it jsut seems like there are way to many bratty misbehaved kids these days and I just try to stay away from places where there are tons of kids. Plus over the last few years, I have developed an extremely weak stomach and wouldn't be able to ride most of the rides (lets not even bring up the fact that I would probably be too fat to ride them). Theme parks just aren't up there in the list of places to go for me, ESPECIALLY with how expensive they have gotten if you don't have a season pass or something!

Yeah sorry I may have shared a bit too much with that "going the other direction". I tried to put it as tactful as possible

Oh, can you tell I am bored at work as well?

Last edited by TiffTiff1985; 05-01-2009 at 04:11 PM. Reason: last sentence...
Old 05-01-2009, 07:29 PM   #319  

HOLY CRAPOLA!!! I just got back from the gym and my god, did my trainer kick my ***!!! Haha. I told her how I was going to the theme park tomorrow and she was like "are you nuts?! you should have scheduled this session for a different day, you are going to be in so much pain". Uh - grrreeeeaaatttt. Anyway, so Im not happy with what I did, I dont think its terrible but I should have known better. Anyway, I had the whole salad thing planned and what do I do, run to the grocery store and pick up an unhealthy dinner for the fam, popcorn chicken. Well, I get home and I give my daughter her plate and shes like "chicken again?!, Ill pass mommy, I dont want anymore chicken", ugh, so naturally I couldnt "waste" the fresh friend greasy food, so I ate it. I cant wait to get on the freakin scale tomorrow, it was so flippin salty, ahhhh...oh well, Im getting on the scale no matter what, I have to pay the consequences. When you factor in my workout, it really only comes down to me consuming 200 extra calories - 1800 total but its still frustrating. I picked some salty snack foods too so....I cant wait to check in tomorrow with my weight, good or bad.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:06 PM   #320  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

OH MY GOODNESS. I just did the 30 DS and man am I sweating up a storm. I havent done it for probably a month. That was a challenge, gotta give me a few days for it to get easier. I was gonna walk today too, but by the time I got off, made dinner, went to pay the light bill, it was dark. I am not one for walking the dark, we live out in the woods, no thank you. I will walk tomorrow. I have a birthday party to go to tomorrow and the are grilling, but hopefully there will be salad and I can load up on that, or maybe a veggie tray.

Neesy-heres to hoping you reach 202 or less. You will!!!!!! And we love you too

Mygrits-mmm homemade bread, I am not muc of baker thank goodness, or I would be bigger than I am now. I think you will be ok, just eating after 6 once.

Lindy-yay for not indulging in the goodies at Bingo. Good idea not taking your purse in. About the neighbor, I am the same way with my SIL. I dont know what she weighs but we are probably about the same. And please do hold me accountable with the 30ds, I am sure I will need the push every now and then. Have fun at universal. Good luck on the scale tomorrow.

Tiff-790 is way under, you should try the prepacked fruit like Lindy suggested to Neesy. I love subway, I get the subway club loaded with veggies.

Ok, after that workout I am gonna have some water and lay in bed and watch August Rush, I bought it a long time ago and never watched it. Have a good night and wish me luck at not over indulging at the party tomorrow.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:22 AM   #321  
focus on me

Wow, 2 whole new pages to read...correction 3, whew! I really wish I could get on here during the weekdays, that's when everyone is chatting. It's better for me on the weekends, when everyone else is busy. Sigh! Make your browser window as WIDE as you can so this doesn't look as long as it is...

Neesy - The kick in the butt hit it's target. I firmly believe we all need it from time to time to clear the clouds from our eyes. Reality-check it out..haha! Your treadmill time is great! I look forward to when I can go that fast. As it is, I walk then run for 1 minute, then walk...etc. I can only run for so long. I didn't realize how weak my legs were, but they will get stronger each time I do it! (Congrats to you mom for quitting smoking!) Have you tried the fiber one bars? You could keep those one in your pocket at work and break off a piece as your walking down the hall. The peanut butter is good-protein and fiber combined keep you fuller and work to burn fat. If you have a sweet tooth, the oats & apple streusel are yummy!

Sandy - You are correct-I can't let others control me. When I step back and look at my life, I realize I'm doing for others and not myself. I get wrapped up in their lives, their needs and wants and end up being 'controlled'. I'm getting there, though. More and more I'm looking at what's going on so I can be in control. Your yard work workouts payed off last week-can't wait to see what happens for you this week!

Lindy/Nicole - Like Tiff, I eat the fiber one cereal sometimes but I found that quaker's Simple Harvest Maple Brown Sugar w/Pecan oatmeal sticks with me for a long time (7 ingredients and 160 cal for a pack). Trainer is correct, I listen to Jillian podcasts ALL the time and she says it over and over. AWESOME on the BINGO bar!! You thought ahead and planned accordingly...YAY! The extra 'competition' with your neighbor is not crazy. I do it all the time with co-workers. It's another mental boost and I bet she does the same thing! Good luck at Universal. Keep you eyes on the prize!

Tiff - Great job on the am workout. I'm working on it becoming a habit in the morning before I go to work and I know what you mean about dragging yourself out of bed. Your mom makes the phrase 'Misery loves company' come to mind. Whether she does or doesn't realize what she is doing, keep that in mind and be honest with her-don't ask her for strength...tell you YOU HAVE THE STRENGTH not to succumb to here 'suggestions'. This will make you stronger when you deny her. That is what works for me. As for the stolen lunch (gggrrr!) - do you have a lunch bag/cooler you can keep at your desk? All you need is a good insulating one and a good freezer pack and NO ONE is getting your lunch then. I am fortunate that we have a small fridge in our dept. so I don't have to use the ones in the lunch room. Lunches get stolen from there all the time. It's rather pathetic actually. I didn't realize you future hubby had lost so much! That is awesome and it's great that it's an additional inspiration for you. Talking you you soon-to-be-gone lbs....funny!

Kity - It's awesome that you have someone who wants to help you stay on track. Good job on drinking water. It can be hard sometimes. For me, it's easier if I keep a bottle with me and it's cold water. The smoking was great for 2 weeks, then I had issues 3 nights in a row. Had my patch on, but snuck a few in or just took it off and outright bought a pack. This is in direct relation to visiting my mom...gggrr! Yesterday I went cig free! Had the patch on until I got sweaty from the treadmill last night and took my shower. I realized the day after I bought the pack why I'm quitting. My mouth tasted so nasty! I could smell it on my clothes, which I never did before. I couldn't breath the next morning and I felt ill. I can't believe I did it for so long without seeing these things. I guess I was just used to it, but now I know. You are doing great also!

Staccie - Sounds like you back in it. You're planning your food and hitting the gym. Great job! And glad to hear this other meeting has no food, I know it's hard. We have 2 food days this month at work for birthdays cause there are 5 of us. Mine being one of them, so for the 2nd food day, I'm not supposed to bring anything in, which means I can't make sure there is at least one healthy thing. The last food day was packed with bad stuff. 5 people in my dept. were doing 'The Biggest Loser' at work and they weighed in that morning so they could pig out on crap that day. That's over, so I'm afraid of what we will have this month for food day-so I TOTALLY understand about food at work. How did the training session go? Hope you're feeling the pain-otherwise, no gain, right? LOL!

Basics - Sorry to hear you daughter has been sick. Maybe a couple days of the regular routine will give you a boost when you jump back in. ChaLean for 6 weeks straight...that is great! I'm gonna have to look into this.

Burgundy - Swimming for 3 hours?!?! Wow! That will definitely burn it off. I haven't given up, I screw up for a day or two, then it's back on the patch. I WILL do this! It actually seems easier than losing weight...ugh! Smaller clothes are awesome! It always puts a smile on my face! Oh yeah, BINGO! hahahaha!

Well, I've been doing well with my food this week. I forced myself to get on the treadmill last night, cause like with everything in our lives, we have to start somewhere. Since I did some last weekend, I figured I better have at least 1 day during the week also. I didn't do as well as last weekend, but this time I did small bouts of running with my walking. ACTUAL running, not a light jog. It felt good to do it, but it's gonna take time to get used to it. Because of that, my time and distance was cut in half, but I was sweating when I was done. My legs were hurting, so I'm wondering if I should try something else today. The only way I have to do cardio is my treadmill and I can't afford a gym. Maybe doing step up/down on the stairs? I know that will get the heart pumping, but is it comparable to my treadmill as long as I'm working at 80%?

I need to check out that turkey burger recipe sometime, I still have the thread link. I think I'm gonna make turkey tacos next week...mmmm! I'm actually excited to weigh in tomorrow. Can you believe it! Silly, huh? But I've been doing what I can this week and keep reminding myself that I said only 1 lb a week. And with each passing week, I will do better and feel better and do more! Yeah, I can do it! HAHA! Hope everyone does well with weigh in this week. I'm really looking forward to seeing how we all do. As usual, sorry for the long post, but I really want to acknowledge everyone's accomplishments. So when there are 3 pages to catch up with (whew!), I'm gonna have a long post... Maybe that will be my next goal... get in here 2x during my work week so I can keep up!
Old 05-02-2009, 09:33 AM   #322  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Tiff - Hey, I don't think we have a Rib City here on this side of Florida, thank goodness, as Rib's are my major weakness. I get out-of-control on BBQ! It sounds like your on a good track with the water and calorie intake. You should see a good weightloss when you weigh-in! I am so glad the fires have died down, which means your beautiful home is safe right? I remember when you mentioned that were getting close.

Lindy - Theme parks, wow, good for you in handling the chaos! LOL......I don't do theme parks anymore. I don't dislike them, just burned out on them. I worked at Disney for a couple of years when they opened, and when you go there every day and see 'behind the scenes' it kindof takes the fun out of it all. I never went back after working there except in my 30's to take the kids when they were elementary age. I hope you have alot of fun though and really enjoy your day with you daughter. Please be cautious with people and closeness, as I thought there was a report of a case down there.

Burgund - Wow, 30DS sounds like a killer. I don't have that one. I did buy her 5 kit workout series but only did it once. It kicked my butt, so I put them away! LOL...........I know loser! LOL

Well, I weighed and 3 lbs gone! YES!!! Since April 22 - which is 2 weeks and 2 days, I am down 5.5 lbs! YES! I feel so much better being on track and a schedule. So, now its a new week and new schedule. Today I am finishing the carport and dining-room. Bye the way, Lindy you are so right about sore legs and all from weeding. Gosh, it really sucked those two days when I worked inthe back. I was only out there an hour each day, but ugh, the heat and all........LOl. I still haven't finished and have it on the schedule for Monday I think. I try to do the sweaty outside stuff when I do my walking, because I am already sweaty and gross. I walk Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Bye the way, the other day someone wrote about me being home and doing yard stuff, gardening and all. I do work, but out of my house, meaning I have a home business. I did work in offices for over 25 years. I was in the Insurance Industry, worked for Attorneys and then OPD (Orlando Police), oh, yes and the Travel Industry for 2 years. I got into a home business a few years back hoping to make extra money because I was a struggling single mom and not getting child support. I ended up after a year surpassing my office income and came home.

Well, I hope all of you have an awesome weekend with lots of fun. Get your workouts in, and watch the weekend snacking! LOL

Last edited by mygritsconfessions; 05-02-2009 at 09:33 AM.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:19 PM   #323  
This IS it...

Alright...so should I start with me or you guys? I will start with ya'll.

Lindy: I hope you aren't too sore at Universal today! I really would like to get a trainer when I drop some more weight and get closer to the low 200's. Mostly I am just scared to do it at my current weight cause I know they kick your butt and I am afraid I wouldnt be able to do everything. Go you for having the guts to let them kick your butt.

Sandy: that was me being jealous you get to work from home. I have only been in the office environment for a year and a half and want something else. I am thinking about going to get my real estate license and sell real estate. This area I live in is the prime location for getting into that, as the real estate here is ungodly expensive. Think like 400k plus for a decent house here. Oh and....

AWESOME JOB ON THE 5.5 LBS!!!!!!!

You have been doing incredible the past few weeks! Keep it up and you will be back under 200 in no time at all! Oh and be VERY glad you don't have rib city.

Burgandy: good job on doing the 30DS. That video kills me. I am also waiting until I drop some more weight to do that becuase I just don't think it was made for 300 lb people.

Kelly, I personally enjoy reading the long posts! So don't be apologetic. I certainly know how it is to be too busy to get on here. Good suggestion on the lunch bag. I do think this was an honest mistake though, since there was (and still is) another box of lean pockets, just a slightly different kind. I just think they forgot which one was theirs and made the wrong one. I just don't want to eat that other on if that's not what happened. Luckily I live a mile from work and was able to go get something else real quick. And you're right, misery loves company fits my mother perfectly. But I still love her regardless of her flaws, as does she regardless of mine. I just have to figure out some way to cope better with her.

Ok, now me time...lol. I woke up again today hoping to see that magical 2 in front of my weight number. Not a chance. I swear the scale is taunting me. You wanna take a guess at what it said? 300.2...seriously? That close? There should be a rounding function when you are that close to a major breakthrough on the scale. So yeah, I am .3 lbs away from being in the 200's. I am going to go try and sweat it off with some exercise...yeah yeah, I know that's cheating. But right now, it is more of a mental game than about the physical loss. I NEED to see a 2, even if it's not 100% real. I think I'm obsessed, but if you guys only knew the history with me and the 300's. I think I told you the other day about how I have only gotten under 300 once, for one day since the time I was over 300 lbs. And I have been over 300 lbs since about late summer 2005. This 299 is like a major breakthrough almost 4 years in the making.

Since I have officially lost 50 lbs, I took some pictures:

First, in the pink shirt, is today down 50 lbs.

Second, I actually took the one in the bright colored shirt last weekend when I was shopping at Lane Bryant. That shirt was a 22/24 and I thought it was super cute, but it was $40 and slightly too bright, so I didn't buy it...lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 300compress.jpg (48.6 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 304.jpg (28.6 KB, 15 views)
Old 05-02-2009, 02:15 PM   #324  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Kelly-just keep getting on the treadmill when you can. Your one lb a week will be easy. Turkey tacos sound yummy, but my husband doesnt like ground turkey. I could make a little of both hamburger and turkey.

Mygrits-5.5 lbs, you are awesome. All your hard work is showing. SOOOO proud of you.

Tiff-just think, the next time you weigh in, the scale will say 29_, just fill in the blank. Its just hard when you are so close you can taste it. And great job losing 50 lbs. JEALOUS!!!(j/k)

So my hubby wants to go fishing before the party so I need to get a workout in, I will either walk or do 30 ds. Probably walk and do 30ds after the party. We dont plan on staying late. Have a great day ladies.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:08 PM   #325  
This IS it...

Update: I went and walked my dog in the 90 degree heat for about 30 minutes and then weighed again. 300.0. I seriously think my scale is taunting me. So I went upstairs and got on my Wii Fit which I know always weighs me a little less. Like I said, I just neeeeed to see a 2 in front of my weight. It said 298.5! haha. finally. Victory. I'm not changing my ticker again though, because I know I was totally cheating and manipulating the numbers.

Thanks for letting me verge on obsessiveness...ok let's be honest, I was completely obsessing. But hopefully I am over it until onederland is calling my name.
Old 05-02-2009, 05:36 PM   #326  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Can't write too much. Getting ready for work. Just had to say TIFF!!!!!!! YAYAYAY!!! I'm soooo proud and JEALOUS!!!! 50lbs down! That is so awesome. Way to go. I knew you could do it. You are on a roll! By the way, you look great. I liked the bright shirt!

I'm soooo exhausted. I worked last night and then again tonight. Then I'm back on day shift on monday. So.... I'm gonna have to stay up all day tomorrow or take a really short nap when I get home tomorrow otherwise I'll never get back on a sleep schedule for monday. Lindy- That was a good idea. I bought a whole bunch of fruit and containers to make my own. Save money and healthy! I also bought some protein bars. They have 20g of protein, no sugar, 7g fiber, 220 calories. So.. I figure I can atleast eat one of those if I don't have time to eat a real meal at work.

I didn't reach the 202. But I think that was unrealistic. I was shooting for a pound a day. That was just ridiculous. So.. I'm still 203.8 ... Oh well.. I can definitely tell my body is getting more in shape and stronger. That's all that matters right now. I'll get there eventually as long as I stay with it. I've come this far, I can't give up now.

Well.. I'll check in tomorrow. BYE!
Old 05-02-2009, 05:38 PM   #327  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Oh by the way, SANDY, Congratulations to you too! You're losing at a nice steady pace. You'll be at your goal in no time like that!
Old 05-02-2009, 07:40 PM   #328  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Tiff - What a cute picture of you!! I love it. You look so happy in it. Oh, and the progress photo's of you. You can really tell you have lost. It clearly shows! Way to go!! I am so proud of you, and yes, scales are evil!! I hate those .2 and .3 and all - of course that's when I usually kick the scale and cuss it! LOLOL........ I just laughed about your Wii weigh-in! lol...I reminded me of me when I move the scale numerous times around the floor trying to get a different weight! Geez, the things we do! LOL Thank you for the congrates, it did feel good. I have been trying really hard to eat for nutritional reasons and hunger only. It is difficult breaking the emotional tie to food, because I have been doing that for atleast 40 years, so a BIG relationship or should I say, friendship, was there. Bye the way, I know homes do rate higher in Naples, its a nice community. So Real Estate should be good. I just couldn't work for any else anymore and build their retirement and residual income. I wanted the work I put out and effort to go 100% to my retirement. I also did want to be a slave to any else telling me when to work, or hours to put it, so I opted for a career with no bosses, no products, no commutes and only one owner, me. lol Thanks again.

Burgund- Thank you to for the congrates. I have to give it right back to you though, because I know how hard you have been at it too. You actually helped inspire me by just seeing how much effort you were putting forth the last few weeks. Hope you all catch something on the hook! lol

Neesy - Thank you for the congrates! I do appreciate it. I have a long way to go, and really trying to go at it differently and pray that it is for last weight battle for me. I am sorry you have to work so much lately, but good for you packing your lunches and nutritionally too! YES! When does your husband leave for boot? Thanks again.

Ok, today was quieter, no work outs and just finished up the garage cleaning. Not a huge effort as I did most of it yesterday. I think I really over did it yesterday, so I took it easier today. Tomorrow I will walk before church, just to walk me up a bit.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:46 PM   #329  

Hey ladies!

Im REALLY, REALLY tired so Im not going to type too much today because I have no energy but to make a long story short, let me summarize my day really quick - lucky for you guys, you get a break from my novels!!! LOL.

Woke up at 630 in excruciating pain, my legs hurt so bad I couldnt walk - note to self - listen to trainers advice. Lol. I still went to the gym though!!! Crazy. I thought I could "walk it out", I did the treadmill and then upper body arm weights. Its was good. Then got home, packed a nap sack full of stuff and headed to the theme parks. Here is my food for the day:

Breakfast - 3 egg whites, 2 pieces of turkey bacon on a whole wheat bagel. (350 calories)
Granola and blueberry packet (190 calories)
A HUGE container of fresh cut up pineapple (200 calories)
THEN - it goes down hill:
Huge cheeseburgers with everything, including mayo, ketchup, mustard AND a large order of onion rings with tons of ketchup
Moose Juice (its like a super sour, yummy slurpee)
A brownie sundae with bananas, brownies, hot fudge, whip cream and extra....extra cherries....seriously, it was the mack daddy of sundaes, lol. But if its any compensation, doubtful, but if it is...its was frozen yogurt.
Last - a large cup of cranberry juice
Oh and couple sips of my daughters soda here or there.

Blah...I did weigh myself today and nothing...nada...no movement. GOD...so frustrating. If you guys only knew how much exercise I do, this should not be happening. Anyway, Ill try again tomorrow, maybe with all the walking (or maybe not with all the food), Ill see something, even a pound...maybe...please. lol.

Mygrits - SUPER DUPER congrats on your weight loss, I am so excited for you. You are doing so well.

Tiff - First...pretty...pretty....pretty, you are so pretty. Thanks for sharing the pics, I loved your outfit!

Neesy...good job on preparing, and being realistic.

Ill catch up later with everyone else.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:33 PM   #330  
This IS it...

Thank you soooo much everyone for the kind words. It means a lot to me and my low self esteem And thank you for putting up with my obsessiveness.

Lindy, you were cracking me up with your description of that sundae: "mack daddy of sundaes"!!!! Seriously, that was great. I bet it tasted even better! Not nice though, because now I am seriously craving a "mack daddy of sundaes" myself and I will certainly not stay even near 300 with a sundae of those proportions! But look on the bright side, you probably walked off a good bit of that food. That is one of my memories of theme parks...my feet always hurt like halfway through the day from walking so much! Oh and I cannot believe the scale hasn't dropped for you! Maybe your scale has been talking to my scale and is rebelling. LOL. Try the Wii Fit, it told me what I wanted to hear! hehe.

Neesy, are you crazy girl? A pound a day? lol. Yeah I'm not gonna act like I don't hope for that too. But you are down like 6 since you got serious again, right? That's awesome.
Closed Thread