Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 02:11 PM   #256  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

Hi Ladies,

I see Lindy hasn't been on then that means - Beach time! She has some beautiful weather for it to. I live near Daytona and it is warm and sunshinny! Lindy I hope you relax and have fun with your dauther!

Neesy- Wow, 3lbs is awesome! Good for you! I knew you would kick in this week and you were definitely rewarded for your efforts. Congratulations!! I did a step class years ago, and man it liked to kill me - literally! LOL

Take-a-deep - Sounds like a good plan of action and I know you can do it! Good for you on the treadmill for 30min. That is no easy feet, especially when you just getting started. Those shoes sound really comfy and awesome too. Where did you get them?

Today has been nice, I slept in and have been taking it fairly easy. I worked hard the last couple of days outside gardening, and then exercising and today my body said - NO MORE! So, I listened....LOL I did think about going to the beach, but never did get it together to make it happen, sooo maybe next weekend. I may get some much needed ironing done, and then do some reading.....I don't know I am just feeling really lazy today! LOL..........

Hope the day is good for all of you.......
Old 04-25-2009, 03:31 PM   #257  
focus on me

Height: 5'3"

Hey Sandy, sounds like you've earned the day off. I know gardening can be rough. Every year I think I'm gonna fix my yard up and do this and that. An hour later I'm like...forget this! My fabulous new shoes came from JCPenneys. They were on sale at the store and are online also. I took a screen shot to upload (if this works). OK, I have to upload it somewhere else first. Nevermind, here is the link to their page. Hope it doesn't show the whole URL gibberish...

http://www2.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?DeptID=61482&CatID=62491&GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID =1565506&attrtype=&attrvalue=&CMID=61482%7c62489&F ltr=BRD%3aEquals%3aasics&Srt=&QL=F&IND=1&cmVirtual Cat=&CmCatId=61482|62489|62491
Old 04-25-2009, 08:15 PM   #258  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Hey ladies!

I am home on a break from my conference and wanted to check in

Kelly - awesome about the shoes. I have 6 pairs of runners that I have collected over the past year and some of them just don't feel good. I am thinking about going to a running place to get professionally fitted. Having good shoes is so important! And I also like your goals - I am relating to you on that, I turn 37 in a few weeks...oh my! Plus I think your goals are realistic - so many times I have or heard my friends get down because they thought they could lose 25 pounds in a month and then fell off the wagon. Realistic planning helps people (or at least me) go at a good pace and losing extra is always great. I work hard at that because sometimes I think after a week my size 14 pants should fit me...reality check- I got another month to go.

Conference is boring, the food isnt too bad - it's Vancouver so it's very healthy/vegetarian here. I have done ok although I am sure way under what my daily calorie intake should be - especially protein. The beer tonight will be a problem but I'm not going to stress too much, I just won't have like ten lol I have two and I am seeing double anyway!

I didn't weigh in on Friday, I had to sleep in - and I haven't worked out for two days My gym opens too late and closes too early on the weekend to do it during the conference. I actually really miss it (good sign).

One thing I have noticed, only after a little more than a week of eating clean and exercising is that my stomach is really jiggly and not as hard as before and I am noticing it a lot more than I did and it seems more noticeable?!?!. Spanx do a good job covering it up but I can't wear them to the gym!! I am so scared of having excess skin...but I suppose I will deal with that when I get there.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. I am about to get all dressed up for a reception and wear my cougar clothes..lol. I feel a lot more confident although I am sure my weight difference (to others) is not that noticeable. Although yesterday a lady I was networking with at the conference said I carry myself very well. I looked puzzled I guess and she said, you stand straight and walk with a great deal of confidence - so that was kinda nice!

Lindy - how was the stairclimber...I detest that machine although that (and a rowing one) are the best workouts out there

Well I am about to get ready and try and behave tonight. I hope you are all great and enjoying your weekend. I look forward to coming here and reporting in and reading everyone's notes. This has become something no matter how busy I am, I make time for!!!
Old 04-25-2009, 10:31 PM   #259  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

SO I have had a pretty busy week. Actual working(as a nanny) more than usual. I had them 4 times this week. Usually only 1-2 times. I havent weighed because of TOM.

Kitycat-so glad to have to back and you will get those 6 pounds of plus much more. Just keep checking in here to keep yourself motivated.

Lindy-so sorry to hear about your separation, but rant away, we are all here to listen. Have fun at the beach.

Neesy-3 lbs is great!!

Staccie-have a good time going out, dont have too many beers. Dont want you seeing double too long.

Mygrits-Gardening, I am ready to do that. I have gotten my yard all cleaned up and looking nice, now I need some flowers to go with it.

Kelly-glad you found some shoes. They sound comfy.

Tiff-hope you hear something soon from your loan officer.

Ok, just quick tonight, hope I remembered everyone. Tom has been around this week so I have stayed away from the scale. My eating hasnt been the best. But I will be better tomorrow. I have been walking everyday, except yesterday(way too busy) and today(thunderstorms). My dogs are loving it, we usually go for a 2 mile walk and it has been taking my around 40 minutes. I know I could do it faster but with 2 dogs having to sniff everything and going to the bathroom, I think 40 minutes is a good time. Ok, I am talking to my sister tonight so I hope everyone has a great night and I wont go a week again before posting. That was a lot to read.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:26 PM   #260  
The Hard Road

S/C/G: 198/167/125

Height: 5'0

Hey girls! Hope yall dont mind me jumping in here! My name is Tara,31, from Texas. I am in serious need of some buddies. I have actually started to gain some of my weight back and I fear I may be going crazy! hahaha
A little about me I am married-5 yrs- with 2 sons Zachary would be 16 but passed in 2006 in a gas explosion at 14, and Michael who is now 14 and just as stubborn as me. Now thats scary! I am only 5'0 tall so my frame cant really handle to much extra weight. At this point I resemble an Oompa Loompa.

After losing Zac my weight skyrocketed up 50 lbs before I even knew what hit me. During that same time frame Michael had asked me to quit smoking because he was afraid to lose me so after 15 yrs I quit.
In the last 6 months Ive lost 30 pounds, good job right? Yeah well in the past 2 weeks I have put on 10. I have no idea why, as far as I know I havent changed anything but I have been extremely tired and having night sweats. So either Im going through menopause at 31 or maybe its a thyroid condition.
Now that I have gone on and on about myself hahaha! I would love to get to know yall.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:29 AM   #261  
Onederland Please!

Hey girls! I know I am pretty late but my name is Mimi and I am 18 years old, day one of my diet. I lost 50 lbs 2 years ago and gained most of it back. I am doing the same diet again and hope to lose 100 lbs this time. I definitely need some buddies for tlc and support! GOOD LUCK TO ALL. I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT, LETS DO THIS TOGETHER?
Old 04-26-2009, 07:17 AM   #262  
focus on me

Welcome tara and mimi, this is a chatty supportive place. good luck!

OK, so I adjusted my ticker like I said (damn water, damn TOM, gggrrr). And in 1 week, I will be down 1 lb. And I promise, this is the last "Here's what I'm going to do to lose weight...." thing. I think this is going to stick cause it's realistic and it's logical.

I'm gonna jump on the treadmill later. Also, I am doing my regular laundry and washing all the clothes I am putting in my aunt's yard sale that is next weekend. I've already done 3 out of 5 yard sale loads...haha! Yeah, that's how much "I can get back into that" clothing I have. Sad, huh?

Hope to hear from everyone today!
Old 04-26-2009, 10:52 AM   #263  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Tara and Mimi! It's great to have you!

Rayne-Great job on walking everyday! That is awesome!

So..I'm getting ready to go to the gym to do this step aerobics class. Hopefully it doesn't kick my butt. My butt is still hurting from the cycling class I did last week. NEVER AGAIN!

I'm trying to get back onto schedule with my sleep. I work night shift tomorrow night.. so really I should be sleeping right now. Ugh... oh well.

My scale said 206.0 today. YAY!!!! It seems like I'm dropping weight quickly. I was hoping this would happen since it was like I'm starting over. I cannot wait to be in the 1's. I can't believe I put it off for so long. Yesterday, I bought my first pair of shorts since I was like 10 years old. They are bermuda shorts... so technically I'm still hiding some things.. but it's getting better. Maybe by the end of the summer, I'll wear actual shorts. haha I saw this bikini at the store. I told my husband I'm going to be struttin myself in that once I get to my goal. He said he'd ask for a divorce. He's goofy. I was just kidding anyway. I would never be that bold. Now I'm just ranting.. Off to the gym I go. Will check in later!
Old 04-26-2009, 12:49 PM   #264  
The Hard Road

Thank You, its nice to meet yall. I just bought a new game for my sons xbox, its called Yourself fitness. You put in all you body info including heart rate, then you put in how long you want to exercise and what kind of equipment you have. It puts together a whole routine for you. There is also a meal plan depending how many calories you can eat.
Im pretty excited about it in case you couldnt tell. I just got it and I cant wait to get started, Im wondering if I can kick my son off his PS3 but probably not, since its pretty gloomy outside.
My big goal for the day is to make sure I drink all my water and more.
Neesy I love bermuda shorts and even when I was 120 I still wore them.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:10 PM   #265  

Tara- That sounds cool. It's good to have something to keep you on track. I have a paper that I put on my fridge with my weight each week, my goal for the week, and my mood. It's pretty interesting to see the ups and downs.

It's such a nice day out today. My husband and I walked two miles at the park and did 20 minutes of the step aerobics but we're not coordinated enough to follow their routine, so we just ended up going to the park. I may attempt the cycling class again, but I'm gonna have to buy a large cushioned seat for my huge butt. haha

I'm gonna go take my dogs for their exercise now. See ya!
Old 04-26-2009, 06:18 PM   #266  
I'm bringing sexy back

Height: 5'8

Hi Everyone!

It's been a week or so since I've logged on and so much has happened! I don't have too much time to write today, but I'll touch base at least on a couple of things.

Lindy- I'm sorry that you are going through a hard time right now with your separation. I've seen how strong and motivated you are when it's coming to dieting and I can only imagine you will use that same strength (and THEN some) when it comes to raising your daughter as a single parent. I've been a single parent since my daughter was born 4+ years ago..and as Sandy said, it is a tough road...BUT YOU CAN DO IT and you will better then okay...both you and your daughter.

Welcome to the newbies and those returning

Seems most everyone is in a good place on staying on track or at least correcting the paths!

I have been doing pretty good ..I'm still hitting the gym about 4-5 times a week for pure cardio and weight lifting several times as well. The diet has been okay-- although when I went out last night, I did have pizza with some friends-- I stuck to 2 pieces, but did wash it down with a few beers through out the night...ugh!
So, it's back on track today ...I even made cookies with my daughter and didn't have any! I packed them up and placed them in give away containers to bring to work tomorrow so they aren't tempting me all week

Hope everyone had a good weekend!
Old 04-27-2009, 04:57 AM   #267  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

EWWW. I am hungover, tired, bloated and SICK! My body shut down on me because it's so angry that I treated it bad last night and today! Had a blast but I could have with less junk food and beer

And I am still awake at 2AM even worse.

Sorry for the rant!

Tomorrow is a new day and I am going to sweat what's left of it out.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:06 AM   #268  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Morning ladies!!!

Well Mygrits, you were spot on. I was at the beach the whole weekend and loved every second. So much fun! I really needed it. I have to be honest, I have been going back and forth with separating with my husband. I keep sitting there saying "do I really want to do this", I dont know if its because the pressure is off, but it sure seems like we have been getting along the last few days so much better. We will see.

Neesy - KUDOS to your weight loss! You are FINALLY past your plateau and I am SO excited for you. Im happy to see you have stepped up your game and back in this to win it. Here's to the itty-bitty bikini, lol!

Stacie - sorry to hear your not feeling so hot. Yeah, our bodies do not always like what we do to them and boy do they make us suffer.

Back2Basics - good job on only 2 pieces of pizza. If you look at that in caloric intake, its really not that bad. Sure, we could pick something better but if thats your worst binge, then your right on track.

Tara and XO - welcome! Looks like the two of you will fit right in with the rest of us.

Takeadeepbreath - its so exciting to get comfortable work out clothes. It kinda "inspired" me in some ways to join the gym. I went out and got a bunch of really cute exercise clothes, then followed it with a nice, comfortable pair of sneakers, a week later I joined the gym and felt cute and motivated to go to the gym. Heres to shopping, haha!

I'd write a lot more but Im kinda tired today and have quite a bit of work to do. Ill try and check in later. I cannot thank you guys enough for all your support with my separation, its a lot to take in and your kind words mean a lot.

Take care!
Old 04-27-2009, 03:26 PM   #269  

Basics-Welcome Back! Good job handling the cookie temptation!

Lindy-Thanks! By the way, I know what you're going through with your husband. Every couple goes through rough patches. Just follow your heart. As long as you're happy, nothing else matters. Hope you got a nice tan at the beach. Glad you had fun=)

Stacie- Hope you feel better

I got sunburned during my walk/jog yesterday.. pain is gain. pain is gain. I'm so excited that I'm back in a healthy mind set. I was feeling really down when I was eating whatever and wasn't working out. It feels really good to be working toward something and to have a goal.

I have to go to work tonight from 7p to 730a. I woke up at 10am this morning. So.. I'm going to be exhausted when I get off work. I did two miles at the track today. I'm proud of myself. Usually.. on the days that I work.. I don't do anything but be lazy. But I feel like I have so much energy. Besides, I cannot wait to get under 200. The faster the better. If I have to work really hard, then so be it.

Last edited by Neesy_20; 04-27-2009 at 03:27 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:54 PM   #270  
The Hard Road

Neesy-- So nice that your husband goes walking with you, Ive tried that. There is a big creek that runs through our local park with a big wooden bridge across. That's where my husband spent our "walking time" I walked 2 miles while he fished for perch off the bridge.
Not much of a fitness guy I guess!
It is still rainy here in Weatherford Tx and its supposed to stay that way for the rest of the week. Do any of you ever do the All-star workouts on Fit Tv? Some of them are alot of fun.
Im ready for my beach time!!
Closed Thread