Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 03:09 PM   #181  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Rain, rain...go away. I think I remember why I dont always like living in Florida. I know we NEED the rain but it really just makes the rest of the day kinda sluggish - ya know? I ALMOST screwed up today and went for major sushi overload, then I thought about the 20 minutes that I did on the stair climber at the gym- you know - TOYA, lol and I was like, heck no.

I have been craving tacos lately so I think I am going to make a semi healthy version of them tonight with corn tortillas, turkey ground beef, lettuce, salsa, tomatoes and a little bit of mexican cheese.....mmmmmm.

Ill try and check in later.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:30 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Hey Lindy. It's true. It is an incentive. I'll have a lot more time on my hands and will want to keep busy.

I didn't do well today, but I knew that was going to happen. I will get back on track tomorrow. Hopefully, since my body has adjusted to eating poorly... maybe I'll have a big weight loss after I get serious again. Like what happended when I first lost weight. That would be awesome!

Well. TTYL!
Old 04-14-2009, 07:30 PM   #183  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Hey!

Yes Lindy, rain, rain, rain........ugh! I wanted to go jog/walking but heck, no way in this mess. Maybe tomorrow. Taco's sound yummy!

Neesy - Hey, how are you? My day today wasn't perfect either, the rain tends to make me........want to eat...lol.........like you - maybe tomorrow.

Well, it's quiet in here, and I need to make the bed. I washed the sheets today. Take care ladies.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:46 AM   #184  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Lindy and Mygrits-thank you thank you. I am ready to get back on track. I mean, I am the only person standing in my way. I can and will do this.

Lindy-I didnt congratulate you after you officially announced you are in onederland, way to go, keep up the good work. The healthy tacos sound yummy. My husband has been wanting a roast, so I am going to throw in a bunch of veggies and make it for him tomorrow.

Neesy-I know it has to be stressful knowing your husband will be leaving, but it will give you some time to be smoking hot when he comes home. I feel the same way you do, I have been eating poorly so now that I am getting back to eating healthy, I am hoping for a big weight loss.

Brown-we are glad to have you. You did it before losing 70 lbs, so we know you can do it again.

Mygrits-Happy Belated Birthday. Dont worry about being bad, you have to celebrate. We are going to get rain here almost all next week, I am not looking forward to it.

I finally went to the grocery store today and got myself some healthy options. My husband and I have made a pact to eat at home ALL THE TIME!! We will see how that goes. I have decided(with a little persuasion from Lindy and mygrits) to stop weighing everyday. I get disappointed if I dont see a loss everyday and that is just ridiculous. I didnt weigh yesterday or today. I am going to keep counting calories(or actually get back to counting calories), I seem to do better when I do. So I am back on the wagon, I know I will have slips but they wont last as long as this one. I hope everyone has a great nights sleep.
Allison
Old 04-15-2009, 04:49 AM   #185  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Hi ladies! I am loving this site. What a great way to help motivate me. I can't wait for my ticker to show on my signature.

I did something that I thought I would never do...I posted my ticker on my facebook page. I thought that if anything, that would sure help me be accountable. So that's definitely one positive step for me!! I got a lot of compliments from friends for being so brave. I admit, I posted it and sat here and closed my eyes and took a deep breath. But hey, it's not like I am hiding anything, it's obvious that I need to lose weight so it wasn't like I was releasing a big secret!

I moved to a new city for a new job that I have been dreaming about my entire career. But being away from 'home' has been hard. I gained a large chunk of weight back by not exercising and binge eating. I have gotten on the wagon a few times, fell off and not got back on for a long time.

I am determined to stay on the wagon for the entire ride this time. My big thing is when I allow myself a 'cheat' - it's a recipe for diaster. I have to be strict with my eating at all times (which is hard). I am hoping that will ease off after awhile. If I go out and drink and I'm hungover the next day (this is not often but when it does happen all I want is a cheesburger which leads to every other food that I haven't tasted in awhile). So I am planning my meals in advance and often cooking them ahead of time (so I don't grab and go).

I love being in the gym (once I get there). I trained with a trainer for a year and loved it. I am trying to get into Yoga - as I am told it is awesome, but I feel so awkward doing it.

So I hope to use this site and this thread as a way to help myself be accountable, share frustrations and write before I put something into my mouth that will lead to falling off the wagon and being lost for a few weeks in the woods!!
Old 04-15-2009, 12:07 PM   #186  

Mygrits - heres to a beautiful day and no more yucky rain. THANK GOD I exercised in the morning yesterday because when I got home yesterday I jumped right in the kitchen and cooked my tacos, then put sweats on and hibernated in the TV room ALL NIGHT LONG. CRAZY, but so nice and relaxing. I did have one too many tacos and some chocolate but technically with my workout, I still fell in my calories range because I burned off what extra I consumed. Im trying to do LESS, so I can start seeing the scale down more dramatically, like it did at first.

Burgundy - Im glad your back in the game. You WILL have days where you fall off, but what you should do is try your best to not make it more than 1 day a week and even more so, make it one meal, not a whole day. Thats what I do most of the time. Even if you do binge, if you just exercise a little extra, that will help to see the scale move down. Good luck, we are here for you. Remember - if you dont want it bad enough, take a step back and rethink everything. I can tell you how many times I "dieted" and until January when I decided I REALLY wanted it.

Brown - thanks for sharing your story. I can totally relate with you. I got down to around 160-170 and felt amazing (even at that weight where I am still considered overweight), anyway - when I started my job at a medical office, it was so stressful and I had the boss from ****, so I gained 60 pds. in the year and half I was there!!! AHHHHHH!!! Its irrelevant now because Im at a job I LOVE, so I think that helps now. Im sure I could not be doing what Im doing now if I was still at the other place. My heart goes out to you, it stinks to be away from home, yet driven to try and conquer your goals, its like your torn. We are here for you though. Anytime you want to vent, please do so. We've had some interesting rants and raves in here. OH - AND KUDOS to you for putting your ticker on Facebook. I could not do that, not now. Most of my friends on my Myspace page are from High School, which also means I havent seen half of them in person so they **technically** dont realize Im as fat as I am, lol. I go through 100's of pics looking for the ones that I look most skinny in and those are the ones that go up - haha, that sounds so vain. Anyway - I wish you the best of luck on your journey, I cant wait to hear how your progress goes along the way and when your ticker is available. I could not wait for my ticker to be available, it was like Christmas, lol.

Well, Ill catch everyone later. Im treating myself to today to my weekly sushi binge because I did a MAJOR workout at the gym today and plan on going tonight too and even if I dont, I dont really care. I love me some sushi.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:54 PM   #187  
Sandy....

Hey Lindy - Beautiful day today huh? Wow, I'm loving it! I went walking today - finally - and it felt great. I am still thinking of Taco's. That just sounds so good! Yummmy

Burgund - YES! You sound pumped and I am so glad! I eat at home alot - I mean most meals and the reason is is because of the processed foods at restaurants is LOADED with sodium and of course other stuff. When you look online under restaurants nutritional info, it will blow your mind! So, needless to say, we eat out, but not often. You can do this, and we are here to help!!

Hi Brown Eyed and welcome. You will find much support here. I can soooo relate to your story. You sound pumped and have a plan in place which is good. I only did Yoga once, and I too felt awkward, so I am better just heading out the door to exercise or going to the gym. So welcome! I hope tomorrow is an awesome day for you, and bye the way, give your new city time. When I moved I was so lonely, but my sister told me most don't call a place home for a year. So, give it time, it will all work out and soon be "home." Oh, yes, kudo's on the Facebook, you have guts girl, I couldn't do that! LOL......
Old 04-15-2009, 09:16 PM   #188  
I'm bringing sexy back

Height: 5'8

Hi Everyone,

Hope you all had a great Easter weekend!!! We had such great weather and even today it was 68!! (we haven't had that since last November).

I strayed off my official WonderSlim diet over the weekend, but surprisingly I still ate well....it was a good test and I think I'll do just fine once my supply ends. I'm still hitting the gym about 5 times a week, along with the ChaLean Extreme-- I'm in my last week of the first phase (of 4 phases) and excited about moving into the next phase.

Sorry this is so short and I'm not personally talking to each and everyone's notes (glad to see not everyone is MIA!)...but, I wanted to say hi and I'll have more time again soon to keep in touch. Welcome to all the newbies-- it's a great forum to be apart of and get motivation/advice and support!
Old 04-15-2009, 09:58 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Thumbs up

Brown-I dont think I could ever post my ticker on FB. You are brave to do it. I know how you feel about moving, I moved 8 years ago to Michigan from Alabama and AL will always be my home. Its hard but it will get easier. Good luck with Yoga, I have tried it, not too into it though. I do it on the wii fit some.

Lindy-thanks for all the encouragement. I really needed a kick in the pants. I want to get this weight off once and for all and I know that now.

Mygrits-I am pumped now. Just had to get over the hump. Thanks for your help, I really needed it.

Basics-I am glad to hear you ate well while off your wonderslim. You are doing great sticking with going to the gym and doing your videos.

I FINALLY got off my butt today. I did some house work and a little yard work. Then around 4 I decided to take the dogs for a walk. I put my pedometer on and met up with some cousins and from about 4:30pm-9pm I got in 8500 steps. So maybe with all the walking I did earlier, I am hoping I got in 10,000 steps today. I am going to wear my pedometer again tomorrow and see how well I do. I am having a cookout tomorrow. BBQ chicken. I may just season a piece and grill it plain for myself. I am gonna get my bike out tomorrow too, hopefully its not rusty from sitting outside all winter. I am in a great mood today after being active and it seems I have more energy. I need to keep going cos I feel so much better when I keep busy. Talk to everyone tomorrow, have a great night.
Allison
Old 04-16-2009, 01:23 AM   #190  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Ewww, I had a bad, bad day today I did so good at work until about 3PM. I drank lots of water, ate what I had prepared and then all the sudden I became so tired and bought a big bag of chips on the way home. Now I feel bloated and disappointed in myself Why is it that I know it won't feel good but I can't seem to stop it. I also never worked out today. And I wasn't even stressed or anything, but it all the sudden - boom hit me. This is what I was doing on a regular basis for awhile - where did it come from...grrr!

Tomorrow is a new day though and I will try my best to not do this again - one day at a time. But I start these days out good and then around this time, I can't think of anything else but binging like that Any ideas?

I posted my horrible before pics in the mini goal album tonight. I cannot believe how big I let myself get!! I am devasted - but this was what I needed. I even put it on my blackberry so I can look at it when I am feeling weak. But I sure didn't post them on facebook lol! I also took a picture of my first target outfit for my birthday on May 9th.

I know I can't berate myself too much but those pictures really bothered me I feel so uncomfortable even going to work tomorrow. Funny how you see yourself differently than the pictures show you - they sure dont' lie or cover you up with spanx or a good shirt. Oh well - I guess all I can do is take it off!!

Last edited by Brown Eyed Staccie; 04-16-2009 at 03:24 AM.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:36 AM   #191  

Back2Basics - you SO make me want to try wonderslim, your weight loss so far is AMAZING!!! You are doing so well. Congratulations on controlling your eating habits at Easter. I did bad but I had no intentions of getting on the scale until Saturday (of this week), so I didnt care if I gained a pound, as long as its gone by Saturday - Im good. Easter is my favorite holiday for food, more than Thanksgiving and Christmas because as strange as this may seem, I am Czechloslovakian (whew..sp?), its tradition to eat EVERYTHING cold. It sounds gross but its really yummy. Ham, kielboska, beets and horseradish, siduts (some sort of egg contraption), deviled eggs, pastries, mmmm.....thank god Easter is over.....hahaha.

Burgundy - woot...woot.....holy crapola!!! 8500 steps .....thats my girls. That is EXACTLTY how you are going to get to your weight loss goal - good job! Now, if you can only resist temptation with your BBQ, then you might actually see the numbers dip this weekend when you weigh yourself. If you HAVE TO have BBQ, try beefing up your exercise today OR, if you can, dipyour fork in the BBQ sauce and take a bite of chicken. It will give you little taste without smothering with TONS of extra calories. Its not often that I have a whim for BBQ, thank god, so that is not a downfall for me. However, if any of you have the obsession with sushi like I do, then you'd be in some major trouble.

Brown - I saw your pics on the mini goal forum...what a cute outfit!!! You have half a month to get in the outfit and YOU WILL. I know exactly how you feel about your binge with chips, this morning I woke up SOOOOOOO freakin hungry, I mean, I could have eaten a whole roast I was so hungry. I indulged in a bowl of cookie crisp, which really wasnt TOO bad with calories (considering), then I needed more, so I had 3 pieces of turkey bacon. Well, I got to work and was STILL hungry as ever. What the heck? I was on the verge of going to the gas station and grabbing a big bag of cheetos but decided to have a HUGE glass of water and chew some gum....so far, so good. I definately dont have it in my head anymore that I want cheetos. I may have a bigger lunch than normal because I think my TOM is around the corner and thats why Im craving stuff and feeling extra hungry...idk, but I just need to put something healthy in me otherwise I bound for a 2 p.m. binge. As long as your back on track today, that is what matters. OH and I also can totally relate with you on the picture. That is the whole reason I I started to lose weight. I look at myself everyday and actually think Im a pretty cute chica whos not THAT overweight. BUT, the pictures....well...WOAH NELLY....they definately tell a different story, lol. I look forward to the day that I can have a love affair with my camera. My cousin from up north is going to be here next week for vacation and were going to beach and more than likely, we will be taken pictures so Im hoping that I can post those next week, I think I should be down at least 30 pds by then. <I hope>.

How bored do you guys get of mty incredibly long post? I have become quite the chatty kathy, lol. Its ok if you just skim through it and dont read it, sometimes it just feels good to get it out - ya know.

Anyway - good luck to everyone today. Some words of encouragement heading my way would be helpful, remember....tough love is the way to my heart. I think I should be fine, I just need a little extra will power today.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:33 AM   #192  
Sandy....

Hi Everyone!

Brown - You sound like me when I worked at an office. I did all day (when I was trying) and then I the way home I would get McD's, or cheetos or something and eat, and eat. If I didn't stop and do that, I would cook dinner and 'pig out' without others seeing me when I was in the kitchen. I feel the reason I did this (I read it somewhere and it made sense) it was the stress of the day at work built up from what I had held in all day and the stress I was going to walk into when I picked the kids up and got home. It was my unhappiness and depression with the way my life was. I had these 'alone' moments where I could let it out and I did it in the form of eating. I know this all sounds weird, but it made sense to me and I could clearly see the pattern of my behavior. Just be strong Brown, and when you go to buy those chips or whatever ask yourself "Do I really want to hurt myself this way and is this really the answer" because thats what I was doing.

Backtobasics - Wow, congrates on doing so well. This is the true test and good for you on passing!!!!

Burgund - I am so proud of you getting refocused. BBQ is MY favorite and I am majorly 'weak' around it, so I am glad I am not coming over to eat!!!!! LOL

Hope everyone has a fantastic day - I need to get busy, but will check in later.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:29 AM   #193  
This IS it...

S/C/G: 350.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Hellooooooo everyone! Welcome Staccie! I'm glad you have joined our crazy bunch! I am finally done!!! Tax season is officially over as of yesterday. It was amazing, I actually got to leave work yesterday at 4:30!!! After leaving at 9 the night before and anywhere from 6-7 for the past few weeks, it felt like I was leaving in the middle of the afternoon! You have NO idea how relieved I am that the 15th is over. We still have a ton of clients that didn't file and we extended over 100 returns (a huge task in itself), but we now have 5 months to finish all those returns. So any sense of urgency is gone. The house is still going well. The water pump isn't actually working but I think they have to fix it with the loan we are getting. The roof is also near the end of it's life, but that's ok too. We have a couple years to save up to do that. So it looks like on May 6th, we will be moving into our new house! Thrilling!

Diet-wise, I have been TERRIBLE. I have not been exercising and I have been eating pure and total crap. The only positive I have is that I am jumping around 3-4 pounds and don't feel like I am gaining. I really don't get that, because I have definitely been eating over my calories. I have been getting junk from gas stations, fast food, pizza, anything you can imagine. Last night was the last straw. I ate so much I made myself sick. But as of today, I am starting again. I am going to reach my current mini-goal of 299 (hopefully within a week or two if I really buckle down). Congrats to all of you who have been losing! You are all doing awesome.

I just realized I need to figure out what to do about getting married. Daily I go back and forth between eloping and having an actual wedding. Why should I spend 400 dollars on a dress that I will wear for part of one day? Why should I spend thousands of dollars for a stressful day. My mom has said it is her responsibility to pay for part of the wedding, but why should she have to spend some of her savings on what I think is generally a waste. Why can't me and my fiance just go somewhere we have never gone and where we both want to go, experience a new place together, and get married there? Like Savannah, GA (I have actually been there once but only for a day) or a beautiful old town in new england? I think I am leaning more toward eloping. I mean I said I wanted my parents there, but really, why does it matter? They both love my fiance and completely approve my marraige, and I am a private person who doesn't like to have a big fuss made over me. I am rambling. Sorry. So, your task at hand, is to help me think of great places (not cliched) to elope to. What is the most beautiful place you have ever visited? I think that is what I should do. My only hang up before was that I wanted beautiful photographs. But we can go anywhere and have a photographer take our picture. And I definitely won't be at my goal weight by my proposed wedding date. That's another damper. Oh well, I have to live my lif ein the mean time right?

Wow, that was all about me. Sorry guys, I am self-absorbed I guess. I hope I am at least interesting making you read all that. I should hopefully be back in the main crowd posting daily now that my life is easy again!
Old 04-16-2009, 01:42 PM   #194  

Tiff - I too felt the same way when I got married. We had a very, very small wedding at my Aunts house on the lake and did a pot luck style dinner. All the money that we got from our wedding was used to pay off debt, so I can totally understand your thought process on wanting to just elope. That being said, I am pretty well traveled and there are several places I can suggest:

Savannah Georgia is GREAT one. With tons of gardens, shops and such to see.

Monroe, Illinois is very outdoorsy and fun to go as well. There is white water rafting, outdoor activities such as trails and such and a theme park there.

Um, Arizona is another great place. Specifically the Loews Hotel out there. It is out in the dessert and has this amazing spa. Once again, plenty of trails and horse back riding.

I am from the New England area, in specific Connecticut. Uncasville is a nice area, its not far from the Casinos out there and they also have this amazing aquarium. If you go there in the fall, theres also tons of fairs and small shopping districts that are so cute and quaint. Lastly, the City of Philladelphia is fun. It very historical and the people are just so darn nice. There is plenty to see (and eat....wait...that could be a bad thing, lol). Um, was it you that just went there though? Maybe it was.

LASTLY...its sooooo cheap and so relaxing and fun. Go to St. Thomas or Mexico. I know its very cliche but both places are beautiful. Heck, Sandals has those all inclusive resorts for a one week trip at 650 per person right now, you cant beat that! And the airfare to either place is less than $100.00 per person.

I hope some of that helps, if you have any questions, I can give you additional details. If I has to pick one place out of all of them, it would be a toss up between St. Thomas or Monroe. Monroe sounds small and boring but we enjoyed our trip there SO MUCH. Just beautiful.

I did OK today. I did give in to my chip craving but just a small snack machine size. I am still hungry which further convinces me that TOM is coming but I am keeping pretty good control. I had ham for lunch so Im sure that salt isnt going to help too much but Im trying to stair clear of any more carbs and just fill up on protein and fiber to get through this. Im not eating sweats though, so thats a good thing.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:21 PM   #195  
Sandy....

TIFF!!! WOW, Good to have you back! We really missed you and am soooo glad tax season is over - well, atleast the deadline. I am so happy about your home, and know that has to be so exciting for you. Congratulations! Wedding, I was like Lindy, we had a very small ceremony on Myrtle Beach at 9:00am in the morning. It was quaint and special. My parents came and 4 close friends and that was it. The ceremony was with a local man who does ceremonies, which lasted all of 10 minutes. I wore a sundress, and Bubba wore a nice shirt, hat, jeans and his boots. Very little expense paid, except for the hotel we stayed in thereafter for our honeymoon. My parents came in the night before, so they could attend in the morning. I am like you, I would rather take the money spent on a wedding and use it for priorities like more honeymoon memories...and trips!

Lindy - Wow, I almost didn't recognize you! I like your new photo.

I did good today. Had a little stress and then caught myself snacking afterwards..........hmmmmm, so I stopped! LOL

Last edited by mygritsconfessions; 04-16-2009 at 05:22 PM.
Closed Thread