Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 10:24 PM   #286  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Staccie, Lindy, Kelly- Quit feeling sorry for yourselves and kick your butts into gear. You know what you're doing is wrong. So stop it!! I know.. easier said than done. I know when I have been feeling down, you guys always give me some tough love that kick me in my pants. Just think.. Is eating badly REALLY worth it. Would you rather have that bag of chips or be a size smaller?

Get with it girls!!! You CAN do it!!!!!! Just believe in yourselves.

Last edited by Neesy_20; 04-28-2009 at 10:28 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:04 AM   #287  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Thanks Neesy, I needed that. The answer is clear as day...no, that bag of chips is not more important to me that being a size smaller, I want to be thinner more than anything and even more so, although this is so far from my mind in the near future...there is going to come a time when I will have to get back in the dating scene (definately not anytime soon), but that's just something else I have to take into consideration down the road.

I woke up feeling a lot better about today and I prepared accordingly. I think the reason why I have been slipping up so much is because I am making it less convenient and not making it easy for me. I.e.: I used to buy a whole rotisserie chicken and break it into servings. I would also boil eggs, cut up fruit into individual protions, etc. Lately, between the gym and taking care of other things, I have made less time for myself and are not packing things I enjoy (i.e.: an apple (which I am not a huge fan of), instead of cut up watermelon (which I love)), which stands a better chance of me cheating and having junk food that I like. So, every night before I sit down, I am going to prepare my meal for the day before, like I used to. Its only 9 a.m. and the morning and I was really hungry and was craving a salad so I actually had a huge field greens salad with onions, cucumbers, carrots and a very little bit of cheese, with cut up chunks of white turkey and vinagrette dressing. It was delicious and left me feeling full. I am also going to try to consume an ungodly amount of water today to get that darn bag of chips out of my system.

My posts are getting longer and longer. Please, it is not necessary to comment on every which one because they are really starting to become novels. It just feels good to get it out of my system. Ya kow.

Takeadeepbreath - oh, Im so sorry you feel off the wagon with smoking. Its really hard to quit smoking and dieting because obviously, I hear all the time that people who stop smoking, start gaining weight (not all the time, but knowing from experience with my family members). Just keep your head up and try your best.

Stacie- oh gosh. If I was stuck in a meeting all day with cheese and cracker, I'd be a total mess, thats one of my absolute favorite snacks. I could really put away cheese. I think you should carry a skinny pic of you (if you have one) or even a really bad fat pic of you. I know that sounds crazy but I do that. I took this god awful "before" pic. I mean, it was BAD, I looked huge and unhappy, but that was the point. Then I stuck it on the fridge, so it would detour me from binge eating. Im actually thinking of printing up that same pic and carrying it in my wallet since Imnot cheating at home, its more at work. Good luck - you can do it. Just think of the long term reward, its so worth it to stay on track.

Ill check in later with what Im eating. Oh - speaking of which, Tiff, it seems like you are consuming too few calories for the time of day that you posted. Is that your normal consumption or just a one day thing?

Take care!
Old 04-29-2009, 09:11 AM   #288  
This IS it...

S/C/G: 350.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Staccie,

I know exactly what you are talking about, just like I am sure that everyone else does. I have "fallen off the wagon" more times in the last 10 years than anyone should in their whole life. I am the one who can't stay on a diet for more than a week, and have NEVER lost more than 20 lbs on a diet. If I can do this, you certainly can. I have discovered a secret that absolutely works and has kept me losing just short of 50 lbs in just short of 5 months. Here is what is different for me this time. I have never went off the diet. Yes I have definitely went over that amount of calories I have planned for my self in a day. This past Sunday, I probably had 3-4000 calories. Yes I felt like crap. But in a way, I needed to do that. I needed to eat...and just keep eating...so I felt like I was "normal" (weird I know). Eating like that was normal for me 6 months ago. But guess what, Monday I ate my 1200 calories. Yesterday I ate 850 (too few I know-but it balances) and worked my *ss off at the gym for an hr and a half, this morning I actually got my lazy butt up and went to the gym (never happened before). So what I am saying is yes, you had a weekend and yesterday that you don't feel the best about and did not stay within your calories, but what happened then has (or shouldn't) have any bearing on today. This isn't a diet, this is your life. One little variance from the plan doesn't end it. So do the best you can, and don't let the little slip-ups affect you. They are bound to happen. We are not perfect.

Kelly, you were doing great with the cigarettes and food, so you get back to it too!

Lindy, here's my food for the day so far (I wanna hear that you recover today from that bag of chips!):

1 cup fiber one cereal w/ skim milk
Old 04-29-2009, 09:33 AM   #289  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Hi Everyone -

Wow busy board - which is awesome!

Brown-Eyed - Yes, yes, yes, I have been there soooo many times in my adult life. It really does suck, and the only thing that helped me were removing everything out of my house, desk, wherever that I loved to snack on uncontrollably. I removed the cheetos, chips, sweets, anything that would cause me to binge all out. I replaced these things with foods I liked, but wouldn't eat uncontrollably. Keep in mind too, that processed foods have so much salt, sodium, sugar and chemicals that cause an imbalance in you which can actually cause you to binge (like an addiction). As far as office partying, there's were you just have to say 'no thanks' and realize you are more important than a party, or drinks and how you will feel afterwards.

Take-a-deep-breath - So sorry about the office politics, that really sucks. When I worked at Travelers Insurance in Orlando I remember someone saying BS about me that was so not true and I was devastated. I 'thought' she was a co-worker friend, but she was more like a back-stabber. I hope all is better for you today at work, and good for you getting her back. Maybe this will teach her a lesson. Don't worry about Roadhouse, or cigarettes, that is the past, today is a NEW beginning! Now remember, if you over eat, have a cigarette etc. you are letting your Mom and this office worker control you life, DON"T, you take care of YOU first. Don't let them control you feelings, and actions.

Lindy - Good for you seeing what is happening with your routine. Your right, you need to do self-care and then take care of everyone and everything else. Your menu sounds like mine - rotis. chicken broken up, fruit, etc... All tastes so good and I, like you, had it all available. I am glad your back on schedule as I know you will feel so much better and in control.

Well, yesterday was good, but I was soooo hungry when I went to bed, but I made it and fell asleep without sneeking into the kitchen! LOL.... Today my goals is walking and working in the backyard - crapload of weeds......ugh. I pray I don't find a snake or something. I hate going back there and working. We live on like a cliff with a large pond down the hill with alot of large tree's. This is of course an attraction for an occasional slimmy friend........ewwwww!!!

Oh, thank you all for the kind words with the 3lb loss. It has been a while since I have been focused and it felt really good to read your compliments. Thank you!! I hope everyone has an awesome, productive and fun day!

Last edited by mygritsconfessions; 04-29-2009 at 09:37 AM.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:30 PM   #290  

Mygrits - you sound like you are so on the right track to getting back in the game with full force. Your words are encouraging and productivity is amazing. Can you come to my house with all that energy? LOL. I have plans to go to Universal on Saturday but on Sunday, its me and my yard. Last week I had an impromptu weed pulling session but this week I have to get the grass cut, along with edging and weedwacking. John (my husband) is going to a baseball game and wants to put it off till next week when he can do it, but if we wait any longer it might break the lawn mower - yeah, its that bad.

I feel real good today. Here's a briefing on what I have eaten:

1 large cup of cranberry juice (more like 2 cups) (260 calories)
1 large salad with cucumbers, carrots, onions, turkey and vinagrette dressing (140 calories)
2 cups of water
1 small cup of coffee (I needed it, I was sleepy) (100 calories)
1 plum(70 calories)
and for lunch I am having a bowl of homemade chicken soup with broth and rice only (1 cup of rice) (300 calories)

Ill update you guys on the rest of my day later. Oh, I am also going to put the calories for each item in case someone else wants to use it as a reference tool (or a deferring mechanism-lol).
Old 04-29-2009, 12:51 PM   #291  
This IS it...

Someone ate my lunch! I just went to the freezer to get my lean pocket because I am starving and it was gone! So now I have to go home at lunch and get something else to eat cause someone ate my lean pocket. How rude. Add a cinnamon applesauce (90 cals) to my list of food eaten today.

I think I am hungry so early since I got up so early this morning and went to the gym and had cereal right when I got back. Usually I dont have breakfast until 10-10:30. Btw, I have to say I am so proud that I went to the gym this morning. I swear I have the most difficult time getting out of bed in the morning, to the point I am always late for work. I have said so many times that I would get up in the morning to go the gym, and it NEVER happens. But today I did it! Like 9 hours after I got home from the gym last night.

Lindy, what you have ate so far sounds like a well balanced day. Making up for yesterday's chip fiasco?
Old 04-29-2009, 01:16 PM   #292  

Tiff - lol - yupper - and a fiasco it was. I wake up some days SO freakin hungry. I cannot get enough food. Today was one of those days and that salad has held me over significantly well. I am usualy starving by my lunch time of 1130 every day and on Wednesdays I take a late lunch to pick up my daughter from school and drop her off at my Grandma's house. Well, its 118 and so far, I dont really fel hungry. Of course I am going to eat my soup as soon as I drop Gab off but all in all its a good day. Tiff - I meant to ask you, how is that Fiber One Cereal? Do you like it? Does it keep you full? I eat the Fiber One bars and they are delicious, but Im looking to replace my occasional Raisan Bran with something else. Did you know there is 190 calories in 1 cup?! I know its packed with Fiber but thats a big waste of calories for the portion. Idk - maybe Im wrong.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:16 PM   #293  
Kelly

S/C/G: 190/see ticker/130

Hello Ladies!! WOW is right. this is a busy board. Lots going on.I have to say Nessy...Thanks so much for saying what you did I am going to go by that as well. I like that way of thinking I think it will get a lot of us motivated if we aren't already. I started the la weight loss take off today, pretty much 2 days of veggies and protein and then I will go into a sensible diet. I am really looking for that boost to see things going the right direction for a change. I am leaving for Vegas next Thursday and I am bloated feeling (that time of month) and I hope it's here and gone before I leave. Sorry to much info LOL

I am really lucky and glad that my husband is doing this with me he is actually wanting to put time and thought into our meals. I love it!! I have to work late agian tonight and they are having subway tonight for our recognition. I have to be full when I go to work I don't want to be tempted. I just started this today and I am not supposed to have carbs at all for two days. I CAN do this!
Old 04-29-2009, 02:27 PM   #294  
This IS it...

Well, the fiber one cereal I got has like these little crunchies, like honey crunch or something. I'll tell you when I get home. It is delicious. But it has 200 cals per 1 cup (with milk) so you may feel the same way as raisin bran. It doesn't fill me up like my 2 servings of instant cheese grits that I usually eat every morning. That holds me over for at least 3 hours. Man I love grits I think I will have some for an afternoon snack, because like you Lindy, I am having one of those days where I can't eat enough. I'm thinking it either has something to do with going to the gym this morning or only eating 850 cals yesterday. Either way, I am making up for it with eating today.

In addition to the fiber one cereal and milk (200), the applesauce (80), I have also had a snakster (100), spoonful of ice cream (25?) (that wouldn't have happened if someone hadn't eaten my lunch), 2 snack size skittles (50?), ballpark cheese hotdog and bun (300). That puts me at 755 already...I guess this will be a 1500 day.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:19 PM   #295  

Tiff- You are soo close to be in the 2's. YAY!!!!!

I feel kind of exhausted today. I did 4 miles on the treadmill yesterday. I did the first in 15:30, the second in 18 minutes, the third in 13:23; the fourth in 17 minutes. ... It's crazy because only last week.. it took me 16:30 to do a mile. I knocked three minutes off my time! So.. I'm proud of myself. Today, I don't think I will do any cardio. I will do arms. I need to loose this flab on the back of my arm! It's so werid.. I have lost almost 40lbs.. and I still feel fat. Which I guess is a good thing because it's keeping me motivated.

Well.. my mother is about to be here to pluck my eyebrows for me. Yes.. I still am unable to do it on my own. haha. I'll talk to you guys later. Bye!

Last edited by Neesy_20; 04-29-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:30 PM   #296  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

You are all so wonderful Thanks for the hard kick in the butt Neesy - it's what I needed! I am doing ok today so far, I have time to actually write this which is great. I had a protein shake and plain toast this morning, now I am eating breast of chicken with spicy Mrs Dash, rice and baked zucchini - yum! Rest of the day I plan on eating a pear, fibre bar and the same thing for dinner as I had for lunch, then I am heading off the gym to meet with a trainer that I know is going to KILL me. If I can just get through this one day...I will feel so much better and I CAN DO IT!

Mygrits - that is so true about removing everything! I have to face that I am going to be places where I have no control over that and I just need to look at my ugly picture on my blackberry and that should be more than enough to ensure that I don't do it!! I might even just have to leave my wallet at home so I don't stop somewhere on the way home, at least until I get more controlled!

Tiff - people eat our lunches around here a lot. I tie mine up so tight that it's too much of a hassle for anyone. But it's frustrating when you go to prepare and/or buy exactly what you need and then someone takes advantage of it - THIEFS! I also really appreciate your comments. Being a perfectionist in my life (well with everything but my weight that is), I am SO hard on myself if I even think I fail. At work if I fail or don't do as well as I hoped to, it makes me even more determined. However in my personal life, it makes me go into the shell. I need to find that same level of almost aggressive motivation in my personal life like I do in my professional life. It's why my professional life is so successful and my personal one - well it really pales by comparsion! That has been a struggle for me for a long time and something I really need to work through. I remember when I lost almost 60 pounds before and I was highly motivated because I was getting constant recognition, like I do at work. It may be wrong, but heh if it works...so I just have to get to that.

Well I am off to a series of meetings again. No food in these ones woo hoo!

Lots of great stuff to read today!

S

Lindy - you are going to have a good day too!!!!
Old 04-29-2009, 04:25 PM   #297  
This IS it...

Wow, I was just reading what I had written down that I had eaten today. It is low-calories, but man does it sound like a bunch of processed junk. I haven't had a ton of time to shop for fresh food and I am just eating what we have in the house, but still. I really need to do something about changing that. Thanks Lindy, for suggesting we write down what we eat. It made me realize this, and I still didn't when I wrote it, but when I read it for a second time just now it hit me.

Staccie, you have me curious now...what line of work are you in? I have definitely tried leaving the money at home so that I can't run out to fast food. Working so close to home though it doesn't work too well. I can drive that 1 mile get my money and still make to the fast food during the lunch hour. I have to have to good old fashioned willpower.

Neesy, you don't realize how many times I have just stared at my tickers...thinking on one hand I have come really far and am amazed with my self, but on the other I have so far to go. I think maybe if I stare at them long enough they may move in the right direction. LOL. 299 can't come soon enough.

Warning: Major Vent: On another topic, I got in a text fight with my mom today. About my diet again. Last night she wanted to go to dinner, and she always guilt trips me when I don't do what she wants (she is such an only child). So I told her that I didn't really have enough calories to go to a restaraunt. She said, ok, we'll try again tomorrow. So today, I suggest we go bowling so that we can spend time together but not have it centered around food. Good Idea right? Wroooooong. She's like, well I still have to eat (she doesn't cook nor barely ever eat at home - how she stays under 200 lbs I have NO idea) I just ignore that and tell her that I would really like her to be supportive and hopefully we can spend time together doing activities other than eating. So what does she do? Suggest cheating Sunday and going to have Hibachi. So normally this would sound pretty great, I love me some hibachi. But right now, I am in the zone and don't want to have an temptation to cheat and get out of the zone. So I tell her that and she's like whatever. Which means she's upset with me. Then later, she supposedly hurt her foot (doesn't know how) and may not be able to go bowling. Sound like a load of crap or what? She has criticized me for soooooo long about my weight (for good reason-it was out of control). But now that I am doing something about it, she is not being considerate and seems to be trying whatever she can do to sabotage it. What the heck am I supposed to do? Talking to her obviously doesn't work. ::End vent:: ::SIGH::

Hope everyone has a great evening and gets some activity in!
Old 04-29-2009, 04:42 PM   #298  

Neesy - I swear girl, its like you are a different person. Your enthusiasm, support and exercise routine are SO impressive. You will be in onedeland in no time. ALL ABOARD!!! HAHA. I will be working out with a trainer on Friday to learn how to do the weights. Someone at work told me an interesting fact today. Her husband is a personal trainer and he said that when you lift waits your body keeps burning fat so in hindsite, you will see a greater weight loss with doing both cardio and weight training. Has anyone else heard of this before? I mean I suppose it makes sense, right?

Stacie - welcome back to the game!!! You are SO going to do this and burn off all that cheese you ate at the gym tonight...you go girl. The picture on the blackberry is a great idea.

Tiff - really quick on your post. I can totally relate with you, I know we've talked about this before. Im sorry that you are dealing with that frustration, it could really be a road block at times. Maybe you should have get togethers with your mom but do morning breakfast. Your less likely to eat as much and you can do something healthy without having to bring up the fact that your on a diet. I.e.: small cup of oj, egg white omelette with veggies, wheat toast (no butter) or a side of fruit. You will have that balance of quality time without having to bring up the sore subject. I say sore subject because thats the way it comes across, that is obviously a sore subject with her. Its very confusing on why our friends and family react this way but reading through other forums, this is actually very normal. Anyway - good luck either way.

To add to my list today - 1 raspberry nutrigrain bar (130 calories)
Old 04-29-2009, 05:07 PM   #299  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Tiff - I work for the Olympics in Venue Management. So yeah, sounds glamorous, but not necessarily so - lots of social activities - drinking, eating etc

I am feeling good thanks to you all! Looking foward to training tonight and feeling the pain tomorrow!!
Old 04-29-2009, 05:07 PM   #300  

Hey Lindy-My husband is telling me all the time to do weights.. which I just started doing and I definitely feel like there is a difference. I read online recently that after you do 30 minutes of weight training, your body continues to burn fat for up to 39 HOURS!!! When you do cardio, you are burning fat WHILE you are doing the cardio.. not after. Weight lifting will boost your metabolism and I'm all about that. You shouldn't do the same muscle group back to back though. Do arms/shoulder/chest one day, then the next time do legs/thighs and so on. That way it gives your body time to heal.
That is great that you're meeting with a personal trainer! I kind of use my husband as one because they are sooo expensive at my gym. He or she will be able to show you how to do the weight machines and get you into a good routine. You'll do great.

Oh on a side note- My mom came by today. She quit smoking about a month ago and has gained 10lbs so far! But she's still tiny. She weighed 110.. now she weighs 121. Crazy!

Last edited by Neesy_20; 04-29-2009 at 05:13 PM.
Closed Thread