Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 01:29 PM   #166  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Mygrits and Back2basics - thanks for the kudos. I "celebrated" today by eating 5 - YES 5! buffalo chicken tenders from Publix, then I said I was going to be good the rest of the day and went and had a BIG piece of italian bread with butter AND like 6 slices of American Cheese - grrrr.....that scale is not going to stay at 199 if I do that again. Anyway, I feel slightly redeemed because I went to the gym for 45 minutes this morning and walked 2 miles before work. I wasnt planning on it, but now I think I am going to hit the gym hard again tonight and try to burn off all those calories I took in. Even if I dont lose more (like I said in my previous post), I want so badly to update my ticker to reflect onederland PERMANANTLY.

Anyway - Mygrits, I am so proud of you. I think you and I both got our "second wind" with our weight loss journey. Kudos! I totally get what your saying about not weighing in and it being a better thing. When I first started I wasnt weighing in everyday, only once a week and I did AWESOME, then I started weighing everyday and have not gotten past my 20 pds. and I think that is why. SO - that being said, I am going to do what you do and weigh myself every other week (3 weeks is just too much for me-lol). Starting after this weekend.

Back2basics - how the heck you did it is beyond me! 2 pieces of pizza ONLY - WOW - SIMPLY AMAZING. When you go to the gym, you have a personal trainer, right? I cant remember if I read that. Anyway - hows that working out? I start my personal trainer sessions AFTER I get my stitches out which is another 2 weeks. I am totally excited.

Well - it is absolutely BEAUTIFUL out today. I am LOVING this Florida weather. Nice and warm and sunny and just gorgeous!!! It is a perfect Friday. Gabriella and I were going to see the Hannah Montana movie tonight but I just got a call from her school that she has a 102 fever. Poor thing. So, it sounds like those plans might be out of the question for tonight. Hopefully after some medicine and rest, she'll be back up to par tomorrow or by next weekend. She's a pretty resilent kid when it comes to getting sick.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!!! Tomorrow I have MAJOR lawn work to overcome and then SUnday is Easter so Im not sure how much time Im going to have to check in, so JUST IN CASE - HAPPY EASTER!!! Hopefully I can check in with an accurate onederland ticker.

Take care!
Old 04-10-2009, 10:33 PM   #167  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Lindy - You sounds so motivated, excited and just plain ready to GIT-R-DONE!! I am so proud of you. Just reading your message got me fired up!! I know 3 weeks is a long time and at times I just want to go peek....lol.... but so far I haven't. It's funny because I almost went and had a snack a little bit ago, but then I think......hmmm......don't know where my weight is and........hmmm, no I'm not really hungry....so NOT - No snacks.

Well, I too hope everyone has a wonderful weekend with family and happy egg hunting!
Old 04-10-2009, 11:32 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Tiff-just 5 more days now. I know you will be relieved when tax season is over. I think I might get on my bike tomorrow, maybe not 6 miles like you, last summer my husbands cousins, aunt, uncle and me were riding 6 miles a day. Good luck with the house, I hope you get it. My hubby and I want to buy, we are renting from his uncle right now, but this house seems to be getting smaller. Good job getting to 305, you will be in the 2's soon.

Losing- I was wonder what your bootcamp is too. Easter candy, well all candy, is evil. My husband buys it all the time, but I have been good and stayed away from it.

Lindy- I am JEALOUS!! j/k, but I cant wait to get there. I am so proud of you. Plus you bought a medium I want the Florida weather here. I hope Gabriella gets to feeling better soon.

Mygrits-I am gonna get back out in my yard tomorrow too. Got some doggy messes to clean up and need to pick up my hubs cigarette butts. That is a real accomplishment not getting on the scale for 3 weeks. I am on it everyday. I need to stop that. Maybe you can set a trend and we can all take time off from the scale.

Basics-2 slices of pizza is ok, we need to switch it up every now and then. I am one of the fortunate ones that doesnt like pizza. I might have it every once in a while, but not a lot. Congrats on being down a pant size. I tried on a pair of shorts that havent fit in a while and I got them on today. They are still a little snug but I was just happy to get the on.

Well today, I didnt have breakfast, so that screwed my eating up for the day. No breakfast, an ok lunch, then we had an easter dinner at cousins house. I ate ham, mashed potatoes, deviled eggs and roll. So I dont think I got my fruits and veggies in today. Plus some snacking throughout the day. Grr, why do I do it. I eat ok for a few day then not so good for a few days. I need to get my motivation to do this back. But on a better note, after dinner, we cleaned up then all the women went on a 4 mile walk. It was awesome. So hopefully I burned off quite a few calories. Gonna stay home tomorrow and eat right and exercise. I have to lose more weight, I want to plan a trip to Alabama soon but I want to be a little smaller. I havent seen my family since November. I'm just trying to wait until my twin sister is back from New Zealand but she doesnt know when that will be. I hope soon, havent seen her since December of 07. Ok, I am gonna get some sleep. I will probably check in tomorrow, but if I dont, I hope everyone has a Happy Easter
Allison
Old 04-11-2009, 09:54 AM   #169  
Sandy....

Hey Burgund - I guess everyone is out finding Easter eggs for tomorrow! I think you are the first person I have ever met that doesn't care that much for pizza! Wow! I wish I felt that way. It is an addiction for me, so I try to keep it far, far away.....lol....I hope todays eating/exercising plan all goes well. I hope your twin is back soon to. That is a long separation for you both a year and a half! My daughter-in-law is a twin and really feels the emptiness when they don't see each other fairly often. I always growing up how cool that would be to be a twin!

Feeling good today, still haven't weighed. I believe I am suppose to sometime this week, need to check the calender. It may not be a drastic loss, but I feel so much better now. Just the stress of standing on that scale each morning, and sometimes I would jump on there 10 times in a row to see if it would move! Sick, yes, I know! LOL......Anyway, I do feel it has really benefited me just focusing on how I feel before I eat, instead of counting numbers. We will see! I need to run a 'bunch' of errands......ugh....then go to the grocery store which I have ignored for two weeks.......yes, we are at the bare minimums in our house...LOL

Have a great day everyone! Tiff just a few more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-11-2009, 03:15 PM   #170  
focus on me

Self-centered quickie.... We had a food day at work yesterday and it was good. Note - I didn't say I was good, the food was. Yeah.. And I ate bad last night. And I had breakfast bar this morning and we're grilling out tonight. 2 solid days of bad food. Sheesh! I accept this and tomorrow I move on. I'm not going anywhere for easter, I will be doing laundry and planning healthy meals...really!

Friends from work are coming over tonight so I have been cleaning the house like a crazy mad. EVERYTHING has been wiped down or vacuumed. All I have left to do is put clean dishes away from dishwasher, take out trash, sweep leaves from patio and check that the grill is in decent shape (I hope so, I'm beat!). We are having 'california' corn on the cob (roasted corn coated with mix of sour cream, mayo, lime juice then rolled in parmesan and sprinkled with chili powder and supposedly sold on every other corner in CA-sounds gross but sooooo good), my home made mac-n-cheese (yah..more I have to do), and Sims burgers (named after a friend who makes the best burger I've ever had-so I have to put that together too). I am SO ready for a beer...hahaha! Here's to that darn bunny...
Old 04-12-2009, 09:17 AM   #171  

Hey ladies!

I dont have a ton of time because my daughter is about to do her Easter egg hunt but I just HAD to log on and brag about my accomplishment. YUPPER- look at my ticker. I was able to stay in onederland AND lose an additional pound---YES....YES...YES....YYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSS SSSSSSSS!!!

Too bad were having a HUGE Easter meal today. Thats ok though because I am going to follow in Mygrits steps and not weigh in as much, I was doing SO MUCH BETTER when I only weighed once a week. So, now I am going to weigh in every 2 weeks. I think this is good because I noticed that if I noticed a pound or two loss every couple days I would think it was ok to snack or eat a little extra something, so without knowing, I tend to be more strict. This is going to be good. I have a little over 2 weeks to lose 8 more pounds to beat Maddiesmom (haha-just kidding). I hope everyone is having a great day. Ill check in tomorrow.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:49 PM   #172  

Hey I hope yall don't mind me joining. My name is Sara, I'm 22 and I neeeeed to lose weight. I love how supportive yall are of each other nad I cant wait to get to know you all!
Old 04-13-2009, 01:27 PM   #173  

Hey Sara (kiwi)- I hope you dont mind but I refer to everyone as their nicknames, its easier for me to remember, lol. We would love to have you join us. Tell us your story, a little bit about yourself and your goals.

Welcome!
Old 04-13-2009, 03:37 PM   #174  

HELLO!!! IS ANYBODY OUT THERE?! LOL. Get moving on chatting, our group is slowly dying down.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:49 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Hi Kiwi, we would love to have you join.

Where has everyone gone, there are only maybe 3 of us that post on a regular basis, hopefully everyone will have some down time soon and come back to us.

I was BAD over the weekend and ate whatever I wanted and the scale was up 2 lbs today. Now I have to work my butt off and get it back down. Instead of cooking yesterday we decided to go to an easter buffet, well, I can say that I got my 15 dollars worth. Lindy, I think I need one of your "Jillian" talks to get my butt going again.

Hope to hear from more of group soon.
Allison
Old 04-13-2009, 08:21 PM   #176  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone !!!!!!!!!! Boy has it been a while since I've been on here. I haven't even touched my computer in over a week. Just working like crazy and then being exhausted on my off days. Also... stressed about my husband enlisting. He's doing his contract tomorrow.. He left today to go up to the place that does it. He'll ship out August 5th.. and he won't be done with training until like the end of january. I don't get any sleep. All I do is worry and eat badly. I need to work my stress out in the gym! I have been going sporadically... definitely more than I did. So.. atleast there's that. I haven't given up yet. I'm still here with you guys.

I have still been weighing myself on a regular basis. Today I weighed 206.2.. So I'm not gaining anything. Thank god! I'm gonna get back on the band wagon.. maybe tomorrow night. I say night because I'm going to breakfast with my dad... who can only eat like one egg because he had the lap band. So.. hopefully I'll eat very little too. He's went from about 500lbs to 370 so far! It's crazy! He really inspires me to get back on track.

Congrats to being in onederland Lindy!!!!! I Knew you could do it!!! YAY!

By the way, I definitely want to keep this group going. I'm going to need you guys when my husband leaves me so I don't emotionally eat. Hopefully I'll be a few sizes thinner after his training too...I can't let him come back with a six pack and I still look the same!

Anyway, I'm going to check on here more often. I have missed all of you!
Old 04-13-2009, 09:42 PM   #177  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Hi everyone! I am spending a lot of time on the site today (my first day) and this has been a great place so far. I am at 221 A few years ago I was at about 250 and lost 70 pounds in about 8 months. All through exercise and eating properly. Then I moved to a new city and a very stressful job and gained so much back. I am back at the gym and monitoring my eating but I am off and on again. When I am tired or stressed I binge eat really bad. I am desperately trying to find the motivation that I had a few years ago. I looked so good! I hate how I look and feel but yet I can't stay on the wagon. I am hoping that I can get motivated and/or log on here when I am feeling weak and get re-motivated. I don't have time to go to support groups and stuff but this is great cause I can do it at work or in bed
Old 04-13-2009, 11:46 PM   #178  
Sandy....

Hey Lindy - I'm here, just had a ton of errands today. I am sooooo happy for you being in onderland! I am envious too! I know it is an awesome feeling being there and knowing you broke through that line and are on the other side! Awesome!

Burgund - Whats up? Jillian? Ok! "Why are you playing with the scale Burgund? You need to get your *** moving! Look at Lindy! Come on and love yourself and start eating healthier. You have dreams and goals, so are you just going to give up on them and settle for depression and unhappiness? Your better than that and your life is worth way more than that! So, get your *** moving!" How that for Jillian? LOL....seriously Burgund you need to love and respect yourself. You have one body and you deserve for it to be the "best" it can be for you, for your happiness and for you to live your dreams & goals in life.

Hey Neesy! So glad you stopped by. I know it is tough for you with your husband leaving. I grew up in a military home and my Dad was gone flying alot. My daughter is at Lackland Air Force Base in A School and I miss her terribly. My son also wants to go into the Army, but his new wife of 6 months doesn't want it. Soooo, we will see what happens! LOL... You have almost 5 months before he leaves, so focus on your health so you feel good and can be the best you can be while he is still here. Make some wonderful memories with your husband that you & he can hang on too while he is in Boot and School. The plus is with cell phones, once he is out of Boot, you both can text and talk all the time, plus there is the internet which they have access to also. We will be here for you and help in any way we can!

Ok, Yesterday was Easter and my B-day so I ate - ugh, and then I felt like crapola (is that a word?). Today was better until tonight and I didn't behave real good, but I also have been struggling with either a sinus headache or touch of a migrane - not sure. Anyway, I still haven't weigh, but I think 3 weeks is up the end of this week. I know I had lost some, but after yesterday, don't know where I am at now - shorts were tighter...LOL. Anyway, I will check in tomorrow as I am hanging around the house most of the day.

Take care ladies!
Old 04-14-2009, 08:38 AM   #179  

FINALLY - what a relief that I have to take notes again so I dont get everyones stories messed up-lol. I love when we are active. So that being said, lets dive right in:

Burgundy - OH WAIT, Mygrits - that was an awesome Jullian!!! LOL, I think much better than mine. Ok, back to Burgundy - Burgundy, you do so well for a couple days and then take a couple of steps back with a bad binge, you have to stop this!!! Whats the point of trying so hard for several days to just blow it in one sitting. Maybe you should step away from weighing yourself on a regular basis, pre-plan your meals and dedicate at least 3 days a week to exercising (whatever suits your fancy). YOU ARE GORGEOUS! And just imagine how rockin you'll look and feel with an additional 25 pounds (or more) off of you. Once you get in the rhythm and stop self sabotaging yourself, it will all come easy - trust me. I can be this honest and forward with you because we are all in the same boat and because I care about you. Come on, what do we need to do here to get you back on the wagon and in the race? You want to join me and Maddiesmom competition? Shall I challenge you to dual next month after I kick her butt - lol (j/k (not really)). YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Neesy - YAY!!! I am so happy to hear from you. You were the original "founder" of this group and I hate when I dont get to hear from you. I know everyone else is probably thinking that with the stress of your hubby enlisting that your weight loss journey is going to be difficult but I kinda see it differently. I see it as you having the upper hand, more incentive. I mean HELLO - how hot would it be for him to come back from boot camp/training and you look svelt as eva! **** to the yeah - look at it that way. I know its hard and we are definately going to be here for you, not just in your weight loss journey but emotionally too, so lets do this. Keep going how you were and gear up to get movin once your hubbys away. If your anything like me, if my hubby went away I'd probably have MORE time to dedicate to me because I wouldnt have to account for him as much. Its sad that you guys have to be separated but in the long run it will all work out for the better.

Brown - WELCOME!!! You are in the same boat as most of us in starting weight, age and story. We can totally relate. Jump right in. Whats your plan this time around? Be prepared to have people hold you accountable in here - thats what we do.

Mygirst - HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!! You get a free pass for your birthday, helloooooo-thats a given! I cant wait for you to weigh in, Im SURE you've lost weight, you have been doing so well. Your not too far from joining me in Onederland!!! and let me tell you, it is a beautiful place full of size 12/14 jeans, cute clothes, and compliments from everyone you know. SO CLOSE!!! Today is a great day to hand around the house being that it is a crappy weather day.

Ok, now me - not too much to report. I am on day 2 of not weighing myself. I begged my hubby to hide the scale but he said no, I need self discipline. Grrrrr. Anyway, I said I was going to weigh every two weeks but now Im renegging to every week, sorry, I just cant do it. I was able to fit into a cute size 14 suit today so thats exciting and I LOVE going to the gym. I have been doing early mornings and evenings to see which one I like more and although its a little less sleep, I am enjoying morning so much more. We'll see. Im kinda bummed that I cannot do sit-ups or lift weights, but I only have about one more week left, so thats ok. Ill check in later. I hope everyone is having an AMAZING day. BE GOOD!!!
Old 04-14-2009, 09:30 AM   #180  
Sandy....

Hey Lindy - GREAT talk to Burgund. I agree that it is self-sabotage, and really JUST DO IT!

I love the fact you are in 12-14 clothes and know that just has to be a blast! It is amazing to see 'cute' clothes verses looking for a 'tent' to wear. Oh healthy weight is so wonderful - I miss it.

Well, thanks too for the belated birthday. It was a pretty good day, especially seeing some of the family at my parents house in Orlando. It is hard to believe my age, which is WHY I WANT ALL OF YOU ALL ON HERE TO GET THAT DAMN FAT OFF - DON'T WASTE DAYS, WEEKS, MONTHS AND YEARS ON BEING DEPRESSED AND UNABLE TO "LIVE LIFE." I wish I could go back 20 years and REALLY LIVE MY LIFE FEELING GOOD AND PROUD ABOUT MY BODY, instead of having my mind and feelings CONSUMED WITH DIET, FAT, FOOD, BODY IMAGE AND LOW SELF-ESTEEM. Anyway, congrates Lindy!! You are really helping so many by persevering - keep going!!!!!!!!

Today, yes, the weather really sucks! LOL....I got up to go exercise outside and it looks like NOT! Well, I had good intentions! I'll figure something out.

Check in later.
Closed Thread