Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 02:47 PM   #226  
This IS it...

S/C/G: 350.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Angry

Lindy: So sorry you and your husband are feeling like crap. Getting sick just sucks big time. I have major allergies to basically any airborne particles and something is blooming right now and I am just having one of my worst allergy attacks ever. So I can imagine how you are feeling. Definitely don't worry about going over your calories with OJ. Your body burns extra calories when you are sick anyways in order to fight off the illness. I am also one of those people who eats more when I am sick rather than less.

Good job mygrits about not obsessing over calories and the numbers on the scale. I am proud that you can do it because I sure can't!

Brown eyed staccie, it sounds like you are doing great so far! Nice to have a face to associate with the name! It's funny, but you definitely look like a Staccie!

Welcome Haney! I have found good results with my own version of calorie cycling. I eat 1200 calories during the week and very sensibly and less than I used to on the weekends.

Congrats Neesy for having a plan to bust off that fat!

I had dinner with my mom last night like I usually do on Sunday nights, and last night we went to outback (one of her favorites). She, I guess has started some protein diet. She is only about 30 lbs overweight and is always trying some crazy diet and was always pretty vocal about how I needed to lose weight because she was so worried about me. If anything, her saying that always drove me to gain more weight. Because she hasn't said anything in a while and I am actually doing well with my weigth loss for once. The one time I have actually lost a substantial amount of weight, she hasn't said anything positive and said anything about me looking like I have lost any. You would think my own mom would notice 50 lbs lost. She even does know that I am dieting and I told her a while ago how much I have lost. So anyways, that was a tangent. I guess it has bugging me. Anyways, so last night at outback she orders a steak and tells me I can have her sides because she can only eat meat for the first week of this crazy diet. So I get green beans and a house salad...I also split a half order of cheese fries with my fiance and had a tiny bit of his burger. Sounds pretty reasonable to me?!? I am pretty sure we got the death stare when we ordered the cheese fries. I even asked her if it would be too tempting if we ordered them because they are her favorite. She says no, and says she can eat one fry. So then when we are done with dinner and leaving, she has to drive over to my car to drop off a purse she bought me and look at the new shoes I had bought. She then proceeds to follow me around the parking lot of the mall. My fiance and I actually were going to get ice cream and I guess she knew that and wanted to prove it. We drove over to the movie theater and act like we are looking at what was showing, and she asks if we are goign to go to a movie, we say we are just looking. She drives off. I get a text this morning..."what did you guys end up doing last night i bet u got ice cream" AAAAAAAAAAGHH! Can you say crazy!??! So I tell her yeah...Sunday is our cheat day..."you already cheated on cheese fries" OMG. My mother drives me CRAZY! She even knew we were leading her on a wild goose chase over to the movie theater. But of course I lied and said no of course I wasn't doing that.

Well thanks for letting me get that out. It was definitely bugging me. Where does she get the right after 5 days of some crazy diet she won't be able to stick to, get to judge almost 5 months of hard work and 47 lbs lost? She tells me cheese fries will clog your arteries...uh helloooo..you ate a steak for dinner. Last time I heard, red meat wasn't the best thing for you either. Ok, I'm still venting apparently. Oh and there is no talking to my crazy mother either. She is always right...no. matter. what. And even if she isn't right...she DEFINITELY isn't wrong. That just doesn't happen.

Ok. I'm done. I think.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:20 AM   #227  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Hey Tiff - that really is unfortunate about your mom and I can relate. I have a crazy mom too - she competes with me - if I say I lost 2 she lost 3 (but she never looks like she lost any). I don't know what is up with that!! She'll say little snide comments - last time she saw me she goes 'oh you lost a ton of weight' and I gained 30 since I saw her last. OOOHHHH that made me mad. But they are our mom's and we have to just grin and bear it don't we

Well I had a good day overall, pretty tired. Ate well, worked out and feeling pretty awesome. Cravings are at a standstill - for now - lol. Will write more later, I gotta hit the hay - I have spin class in 8 hours

Wishing you all a great day tomorrow!!
Old 04-21-2009, 09:00 AM   #228  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Oh Tiff - that totally stinks about you rmom. Its funny, I think we all can relate inome ways. My mom is super fit, skinny and healthy (minus smoking). She has always looked great and I certainly look like her adopted daughter and not her biological daughter because I tower over her in more ways than one. When Im big and not watching what Im eating, she does the same thing, she makes remarks and even worst, makes comments about how my habits are going to affect Gabriella, my daughter (which I know this is true, but NO ONE wants to hear criticism about how they raise their kids). Anyway, fortunately, now that I am doing better and losing weight, she supports me 100%. She even packs me snacks sometimes or sends over a healthy meal.

Anyway, so I went home early yesterday from work and slept 12 hours!!! Holy crap, I cant believe it! I woke up feeling a little drowsy but much better. Im pretty sure I am going to have to pay a visit to the doctor though because my symptoms are showing that I am some sort of infect ***WARNING - TMI ALERT*** all sorts of green stuff is coming out of my nose and such. YUCKIE!!! Anyway, the good news is, I am dehydrated as all **** and drank 4 gallons of water yesterday!!! WOAH!!! You'd think Id be running to the bathroom every 10 seconds but nope, hardly and Im still thirsty today, but not hungry. THANK GOD!!! I ate Chinese, fried chicken, chocolate, I was bad yesterday, but oh well - I just have to get back on track today. Get all this salt crap out of my body because I have a trip to the beach planned on Saturday. Sorry for my self obsessed post about being sick, Im sure its super boring. Lol.

I hope everyone else is doing good. I have plans to go to the gym tonight but to only do light exercise and spend the rest of the time in the sauna to break up all this crap! Ill check in later.

Last edited by luckylindy; 04-21-2009 at 09:01 AM.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:06 AM   #229  

By the way Browneyesstacie - I love the pic. You are so pretty!!! Its nice to picture a face with a name.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:51 AM   #230  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Hi Everyone,

Hey Tiff, sorry about the mom thing, but I too can relate. My mom used to make the little remarks "Oh Sandy, you don't want that" or telling someone they have been trying to get me to lose weight. Oh, just the looks of shame from her when I moved back home if I went into the frigerator for a bowl of ice cream. I kno she did it because she cared, but it made me feel so depressed, horrible, unaccepted, and shameful. I realized too that part of it was her own insecurities about herself, and without realizing it, she was putting that on me. I also realized because I allowed her actions to emotionally bother me, it was causing me to feel like crap and EAT! So, now I try hard to not allow anyone elses thoughts bother me, because it really is NONE of their business, and I could care less what they think and it really is their own insecurities and weakness coming through. What I think and feel is the truth and what matters. Anyway, now I am ranting.....LOL...... She is much better now and rarely, if ever, says anything, but I think she realized it was my life. She is 85 and we have a great relationship now. Thank God!! LOL

Lindy, wow I am so sorry you are sick. That is a crapload of water!! You sure your not going to float away? LOL...... I do hope your feeling better soon and back at the gym, however I bet you lose weight while your sick! WooHoo Hey, if you need some great vitamins, let me know. They have over 5000 ORAC (highest you can get of antioxidants) and are raw, unprocessed. Taste great too. I will be happy to send you some.

Brown Eyed - great picture! It is really nice to see a face to the words. You sound like you are definitely kicking butt and on schedule. Good for you! I too am making out a definite plan to reach my goal and decided instead of writing it on my wall calenar, I would do it on my yahoo calendar. Seemed easier and I can look at it after checking emails.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 04-21-2009, 11:20 PM   #231  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Hi all! Lindy - get better soon!!! Sounds like you are doing a lot better than I do when I am sick - I go for the quickest fix - cupcakes lol.

I had a good day - worked out this morning - skipped spin because I felt a bit too sore - was in a meeting from 830-5PM straight - yuck.

I am now watching the hockey game and wanting to go to the gym but will get to bed early and do a good workout in the morning. I seem to do much better at the gym in the morning - does anyone else have any preferences? I have more energy in the morning, once I actually get there than after a full day of work and stuff. But getting up....at 445 - YUCK!

Admittedly I had a few pieces of licorcie and 2 small chocolate easter eggs today. I felt guilty but I stopped myself from binging on it so I was super proud of that.

I have a conference this weekend that will really test my willpower. It's a lot of drinking and snacks...I will just watch my portions and not indulge and hope for the best!!!
Old 04-22-2009, 09:18 AM   #232  

Morning ladies!

Browneyesstacie - you can totally conquer that conference!!! Im sure they have tons of bottled water, just keep one close to you at all times. Does the conference involve you staying at a hotel? If so, just spend some extra time at the gym to burn off any "extras" you indulge on. The licorice and easter eggs are not terrible. Everything in moderation. We are almost done with all our easter candy and instead of getting abig giant bunny from my mom (yes, my mom still gives me an easter basket as an adult, lol), she gave me a bag a hershey kisses, that way I could take a small handful each day and control my portions. Its not a bad idea. I usually have about 3 a day and that takes care of any sweet fix I have and its such a minimal amount of calories, its no big deal.

I am officially feeling much better and am looking forward to weighing in on Saturday with all the flipping water I have consumed over the past few days. I think I have drank more water in 3 days than I have in 2 weeks. NOW, Im not dehrdrated anymore so Im running to the bathroom every 10 minutes. Its interesting when Im in meetings. LOL

Nothing too new to report. Ill check in later. Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-22-2009, 10:29 AM   #233  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Tiff-sorry about your mom. I'm sure she notices the loss. who couldn't?!? Don't let her get you down. AND you are allowed to have a cheat day! Hey Tiff, did you catch the biggest loser. I didn't really want kristin to go home. But then again all my favorites have gone home now. I guess I want either Tara or Sione to win now. who you rootin for?

Oh the mother stories. I too can relate. My mother is 110lbs; 5'3". So I am HUGE next to her. I hate pictures with her. I look like a giant. She use to say the nastiest things to me about my weight, especially as a kid. Once I got out on my own, I pretty much didn't let her say things like that to me because I avoided her. Now, I'm spending more time with her and she definitely likes it when I lose weight. It's crazy because my dad has been overweight my entire life and it always seemed like she didn't care, except about my weight. Oh and everytime I'm around she likes to rub it in my face about how she needs to GAIN weight. She constantly eats desserts but doesn't gain. Crazy. By the way.. my dad is looking soooo thin. It's bizarre. He's about the same weight as when I was like 2! I'm having flash backs! Soon.. he's going to be thinner than I have EVER seen him.

I'm off work today. My plan today is to do two miles. Go to the grocery and get some more healthy items. No eating past 7 today.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:31 AM   #234  
Kelly

S/C/G: 190/see ticker/130

HI ladies! I found you. I actually have not been on here in some time now. But I have not forgotten you. It looks like everyone is doing fantastic!! That's wonderful. I on the other hand have gained 10 pounds, YES GAINED 10 POUNDS!! I feel like crap. I am going on vacation in 2 weeks, and not looking forward to it. And I need to come back I was at least loosing slowly, but loosing. I am hoping I can join again, and help you as much as possible as well as get the confidence and help from you.

I have been feeling really badly about gaining that I don't think about what or what time I am eating. I have even eaten in bed, literally then just went to sleep. That is the worst!! I have stopped that, and bought jillian michaels 30 day shred. I have only done a few days but I NEED to do something. I am really down and uncomfortable and hate the way I look and feel.

I was working 3 jobs during the tax season, and now I am back to my 2 regular jobs. Which now I can say is better than 3 jobs. I am more comfortable with my schedule, it's still tough but it's getting better. Also, I quit napping (for the most part) in between jobs that makes me WAY more tired. So I have started trying to get the kids outside or so sit ups something so I am moving.
I have skimmed through the past few posts. I will go back and read some more and try to get caught up. I would love to hear how everyone is doing!!

I have missed you girls!
Old 04-22-2009, 12:22 PM   #235  
Kelly

Just want to see if this works I put a pic on here.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:36 PM   #236  
Kelly

I got it to work, YEAH!!
Old 04-22-2009, 02:21 PM   #237  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Hey Kity!!!!! Glad to have you back! YAY! I think we all had a little down period. I just got back on the bandwagon. I definitely lose more when I come on here and get you guys to kick my butt into gear. Nice to have a face to talk to too=)

I'm getting ready to go to the gym. Bye!
Old 04-22-2009, 05:45 PM   #238  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Hi Everyone,

Lindy, so glad your feeling better. I guess you don't need the nutritionals I mentioned. If you change your mind, just let me know. That is too funny about going to the bathroom with meetings at work. I guess you body has decided enough is enough with all the water!! LOL..... You definitely should see some kind of weight loss after the week you have had!!

Neesy, I so glad you back full force. I am sorry about your mom, but glad there seem to be a little better understanding now than when you were young. You just keep doing what is best for YOU, and nobody else. Its your body and your life.

Kitycat, Hello, glad you back on here and yes, I hope we can help each other. No, I KNOW we can help each other!

Today was great. I made a daily 'to do' schedule to un-load things that stress me out....lol....yes, there is a bunch! Today I wrote to walk for exercise, organize and clean out the upstairs living-room, and buy some plants for the garden and deck. I got it all done! Yes! Git-R-Done!! LOL...I feel good accomplishing that. Tomorrow is to do the gardening in the front yard. That will be a fun day, as I love gardening.

Anyway, food has been good, and I actually am really feeling energetic and great!! Hope all is good with everyone. Tiff I hope your house deal and set-up is going well. I forgot the closing date?????
Old 04-22-2009, 06:08 PM   #239  
This IS it...

S/C/G: 350.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Ugh...if it's not one thing, it's another. The house thing is driving me crazy. I can't get an update from my loan officer. Can't get her to call me back or respond to my e-mails. Who knows what is going on there.

Then, on Wednesday, I brought my car in for an oil change to the Hyundai dealership. Picked it up an there were 7 new scratches on my 2008 vehicle. Oh, but noooooo, it's not there responsibility. So, I have spoken to the Service Manage, Sales Manager, General Manager, and the next step is to report the dealership to the BBB and Corporate Hyundai. I am beyond pissed. I hate corporate America, especially car salesmen. They talk you into circles and into a hole and make you forget what you are saying. I hate being an adult and I want my daddy to take care of these things for me. People are mean and they don't know what "the right thing to do" is anymore.

That's my rant for today. I'll come back later when I am not so hateful.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:26 PM   #240  
focus on me

Height: 5'3"

KityCat, welcome back! I was sad when I thought you were gone.

The past 3 days have been good, but last night and the night before-not so good. I ended up in a situation (both nights) where I had to eat at someone else's house and both nights they ordered pizza! I got a roast beef hoagy the first night and pizza the second. But again, my calories for the day were low. So I think the most damage it did was sodium. Today I was back on. Before dinner tonight, I had only had about 700 calories. I know that is too low, but that's how it's been working out. I was too tired to cook, so I had a micro-meal, a slice of cheese and palm full of walnuts. Not the most nutritional combo, I know.

The grocery by me had a 'one day meat sale'. So my freezer now has 2 packs of chicken breast and 2 packs of lean ground beef and I got a pack of beef for stew again (yummy!). Oh yeah, I decided to make my own subway sandwiches. I got 2 loaves of wheat bread, 99% FF turkey, pepper jack (I had to!), tomato, green pepper, red onion, romaine, etc., etc. And I got the flat out wraps to use the same way. I've been getting a good amount of LF dairy, veggies and fiber, it's just the protein I've been lacking. This should help.

I really want to comment to everyone, but I am so tired and I wanted to make sure I did check in during the week. Hopefully tomorrow I can respond. But now, I am going to bed!
Closed Thread