Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 06:48 AM   #136  
focus on me

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the new girls and welcome back to marinemommy!

Marinemommy - I don't actually count calories, but I try to choose foods that are low in calories, low-sodium, higher in fiber and watch the fat. Of course, this doesn't account for the times I go stupid and eat fast food cause of stress..LOL! Exercise is difficult for me at the moment, but it's in the back of my head and I hope to get there soon.

Vicky - You and your poor baby! It's really hard to get anything done when you're sick for so long, but when it's your child... Hang in there.

Neesy - I can see where you are having stress. Sadly, your situation makes me feel a little better cause I see the on/off pattern that stress creates in you too. So I will support you and cheer you on like everyone has done for me. When you just wanna give up cause it's all so hard, come here and read. It puts you back in the game. You've come so far not to keep working on it. Even if you stay where you are for a while, you're not gaining it back-we won't let you!

Sandy - Personal pep talks are the best! It keeps you in the moment and makes focusing a little easier.

Burgundy - Good luck on starting C25K. If I could just strap down my chest, maybe then.... HaHa!

OK - Dairy is good for you, you just have to do non-fat or LF and control the amounts you are eating. I think your goal is reasonable. But you will have to work at it and stay on track. I have seen it done in here, so I think you can do it!

Lindy/Nicole - (I try to use real names when I know them, now I know yours!) First - shrimp...eeewww! Sorry, no seafood hits my plate. But if it works for you, hooray! Hope your surgery goes well and quick. And Toya is the PERFECT name...LOL!

Basics - Protein is the way to go if you are hungry from working out more. It helps the microscopic tears in your muscles (the ones that hurt) heal and build more muscle. But you shouldn't work the same hurting muscles again for 2-3 days after. If you combine fiber with your protein, it helps to burn more fat. Great job!

Well, my food has been good, but I've had some salty stuff the past couple of days and I feel it. So head to the ground and drink that water! I also found myself a great crunchy salty snack that I had forgotten about...Rice cakes with flavors! The mini cakes help me feel like I'm actually 'snacking'. So after lunch when I want to munch, I can control my portion. They are lower in calories, fat and sodium compared to my weakness-chips! So as long as I don't go overboard, this could be a way for me to control myself. I LOVE the BBQ...mmmm!

Will check in tomorrow night or Sat morning.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:15 PM   #137  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

Hello Ladies!

I'm here, just been really busy with our home business - it has gone 'bonkers.' I meant to get on here yesterday morning, but the whole day got away from me early.......sorry. You all seem to be going fantastic though!!

Lindy - Wow, your doing great! You seem to have gotten completely focused and motivated! I am really proud of you girl! I love the Toya story! LOL........Martha hasn't seen me lately, accept when I walk by the room and stick my tongue out at her! LOL......Incidently, even though there may be a 'tad' of jealousy with your new job, that is a compliment to how attractive you are in your husband eye.........He will adjust in time. Bye the way, where are you working now?

Welcome Okgogetit - I am usually on here everyday, but have been slacking the last week or so. It is a fantastic group of ladies, with alot of support and 'humor.'

Hey has Tiff been back? I now she was crazy busy with Tax Season and her new home. She is a great motivator too incase the new ladies haven't had an opportunity to meet her.

Well, despite the busy life lately with Zoe, I have been doing good. I haven't been exercising as I normally would, but that is alright as long as I am eating healthy and losing. My daughter (military) is in San Antonio at Lackland AirForce Base and I love the fact now that we can 'text' each other each day!! Yeah, boot camp prison is behind us. It is such a comfort to know I can atleast check in to see if she is alright. She is working her butt off - literally, but still loves it.

Well, I will check in tomorrow and I promise take more time to say hello to everyone I missed today -

Last edited by mygritsconfessions; 04-03-2009 at 07:16 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:06 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

OK-if you stick here in this forum, you will see all the ladies here will keep you motivated. I know if I was to go at this alone, I would have failed by now. Checking in here almost daily has done wonders for me. I havent lost as much as some, but I am happy. I think losing 35 in 4 months is attainable if you stay focused and keep your eye on the goal. You can do it. Counting calories is working for a lot of us here. I dont count every single little calorie, I just guesstimate. I think I come pretty close most of the time.

Lindy- I hope your surgery went well, let us know, we are thinking of you. My cousin is going in Wednesday to have a mole removed on her eyebrow.

Basics-You are doing great going to the gym. How did the meeting with the trainer go? I wish there was an actual gym around here to go to, but when you live in a small town there isnt much to choose from. You will be "svelte" by the time your girlfriends visit, if you stay motivated and keep doing what you are doing.

Neesy-you sound like me. I do good for 3 or 4 days and then I will have a day or two where I just eat whatever. Thats why I havent lost anything the past 2 weeks. So no more excuses, lets get back to eating right and exercising(when you have the chance). Good luck girl, I know we can do it.

Kelly-I havent started the C25K yet, the weather is nasty. Rain rain rain. Everytime I get some energy and motivation, something stops me. I love the cheddar rice cakes, but I never think of them when we go to the grocery store. I should pick some up. I had a few extra bills to pay so it wont be this week.

Mygrits-Sounds like your business is doing well. I am glad you get to text your daughter everyday, at least you can know how she is doing. I wish I were like you and could keep myself eating healthy. I do good with dinners most of the time, but I like to snack. I need to cut that out and drink more water to fill me up.

I hope we hear from Tiff soon, and I hope Maddie is feeling better so Vicky can get a little rest.

I want this weather to start cooperating with me. It rained all day yesterday. Today its sunny and 40 degrees but the wind is atrocious. I want to be out there. But on a happy note, I got on the scale this morning and I was down a lb!! Yay. So I have lost 16 now. I want so badly to get the next 4 off. I dont have plans today. So I will be bored, just need to stay out of the kitchen when that happens. I need to get my house cleaned before tomorrow. I am having company over for dinner and dont want my house to be a pig sty. There are dog toys everywhere. So I will check back in later. I want to hear some chatter coming from here!!
Allison
Old 04-04-2009, 12:43 PM   #139  

S/C/G: See signature

Hey ladies!

Burgundy - congratulations on 1 lb! Yay, they all add up. It doesnt seem like many people are pointing out their accolades in weight loss,please do, everyone deserves kudos for every pound.

Mygrits - I hope that you being busy with y our business means that business is booming. Now that you and your daughter and you can stay in contact maybe this will help take your weight loss to the next level. More support, less stress - fingers crossed.

Quick update on me. I got my surgery yesterday. I was fine yesterday but then at 4 am this morning I woke up in the worst pain I have ever felt. This was SUPPOSED to be minor surgery but they ended up removing a lot more than expected and I have a total of 60 stitches in 3 different spaces on my body. The worst one was in my lower abdomen (just above the pelvic area) and because thats such a sensitive area to begin with, it hurts - bad! Thank god they gave me Vicodin. I had no intetion of getting the script filled but the doctor was like "Nicole, you MUST get it filled- I know you think your Shera (haha) but you will feel this later once the novicane (sp?) wears off". He was so right. Some other things that stink, I cannot do ANY exercise for 2 weeks, not even walking because they said I'll mess up the dealing process for minimal scarring and I might bust my stitches, which also means - NO MARATHON!!!! Ahhhh-that stinks. I am still in the competition with Maddiesmom though, I am NOT letting this delay my progress, it just means NO cheat days and being SUPER strict. I mean, I've been doing good as is, but I am going to really buckly down for 2 weeks. I can do this!!! Hmmmm.....aside from that, I really dont have a whole lot to report.

Tiff - even if your super busy, let us know your still here, just give us a "present" role call.

Neesy - you were doing so well off from the get go, you got there some how, even with your hectic schedule, lets get back to that process, it worked. You CAN DO IT.

Ill check in later.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:05 PM   #140  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Hi Everyone,
Maddie is back to normal (Thank Goodness)!! Thank you all for your thoughts. It was a rough two weeks. I ended up having to take her to the doctor again last Saturday. Her viral infection ended and a bacterial cold took it's place in her lungs and she had a double ear infection. She woke up at 12:30 am screaming and miserable, so after sleeping for 2 hours, I was up with her from 12:30 to 7:00 am (on and off naps) and took her to the doctor. Her ears were really bad and she was so sick! Poor thing had a temp of 102. She's better now after a different antibiotic, so I am back on track again!

I am down 1 pound from last week, so I have begun my journey again. Lindy: I hope you feel better. I'm glad things went ok, but don't push yourself to do the exercise, I don't want you to potentially hurt yourself. I'm still trying to get motivated to exercise. It's amazing that just by changing eating habits I've lost all my weight. I know once I start exercising, it will come off a whole lot easier.

Neesy: I can't believe your schedule! Hopefully you will find some time for YOU in there. I know it's hard when you're working so much. Hopefully you will be able to get some rest and recuperate.

I hope we all see a loss this week on our weigh ins. I think we've plateau'ed long enough! Time to kick it in to high gear!

Welcome to the "newbies." You have found a great group of ladies. We not only support the weight loss, but also support our day-to-day lives, which in essence, contributes to our weight. Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 04-04-2009, 11:41 PM   #141  
I'm bringing sexy back

Height: 5'8

Deep Breath- Yeah, the core muscles are worked harder every other day-- just to give my body some kind of rest The other days at the gym, I'm hitting the cardio.

Burgundy- The trainer was good- he gave me workout tips that have been kicking my butt in a good way! Please do keep updating us as to when you start the C25K, perhaps I'll be in a better place to do it at the same time.

Lindy- Ack! 60 stitches is a lot!!! Get well soon I'm sure with your determination you'll do just peachy diet wise to hang in there for a couple of weeks while your body heals.

MaddiesMom- glad that your daughter is better and everyone is sleeping.

Well, I lost another 3lbs this week...even with getting my TOM! That makes it 17lbs in 3 weeks
I used a new recipe and made spicy chicken lettuce wraps for dinner tonight. I asked my daughter if she wanted a bite-- and she said no at first...but, then she saw me sprinkle on some peanuts (one of her favorite things)...then she decided to try it. And she LOVED it! She's not really a picky eater, but normally she doesn't like lettuce. Guess she needed the extra spice!

Question for the group: Do any of you ladies make it a point to daily drink protein drinks or eat bars? I'm just looking around to see what/if others are drinking/eating as a supplement when I'm done with my 12 week supply of WS.

Hope you are all having a good weekend.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:41 AM   #142  

CONGRATULATIONS TO MADDIESMOM AND BACK2BASICS on losing your weight!!! I agree with you Maddiesmom, it is time for us to all get past our plateaus. The time is now. In addition to my competition with you (Maddiesmom), I am also in competition with my neighbor. Me and her are at the same weight right now, her goal is 150, mine 130 and I want to get there before her. Im so competitive.

Back2Basics- I drink a vitamin/protein shake every morning before I go to the gym (and even before then). Has anyone ever heard of JuicePlus? My mom was taking it and got me on it and its pretty good. It gives you your daily dose of fruits and vegetables and their shakes are great protein wise. I drink only the chocolate, not the vanilla.

Well, I am really hoping that this pain subsides soon. I took myself off the Vicodin because it was making me sleep CONSTANTLY and I dont like feeling like that. I have decided to switch myself to 4 motrin (800 mg) and that seems to do the trick. I look forward to getting back to normal. Anyway, Ill check in later.

Good luck to everyone who is weighing in today.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:19 PM   #143  
focus on me

I forgot to weigh in today, but I probably wouldn't have anyway. I have ANOTHER sinus infection and for 2 days have been eating everything to try and taste my food. So I'm not even going there...

I have also come to the conclusion that my friend who wants to lose weight doesn't seem to want to do anything about it. So I will have to distance myself from him or limit what I do with him and that really sucks. But if I can't get him to support me by helping me, then I'm doomed.

Sorry I'm not talkative today, I just feel like crap and have to do laundry when I'd rather just lay down. I can feel it all moving through my head and I keep sneezing which makes it really fun! Hah! I look like a slack-jawed idiot trying to breath, this sucks.

Maybe I caught what Vicki's daughter had? LOL! Hope everyone else is doing better.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:20 PM   #144  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Wow, I miss 1/2 a day checking in and this forum got busy! Thats wonderful!

Lindy, I am so sorry about your surgery, and you know I live close, so if you need anything, please don't hesitate to call 386-624-4349. Despite your surgery and 'pills' you sound fired up on weight loss and zooming past Maddiesmom and your neighbor! You go girl! Maddie - WATCH OUT! The race is on!!! LOL........

Burgundy - Congratulations to you on your weight loss. A pound is alot of weight. It may not seem it, but when you pick a pound of food up, it's got weight to it! Keep it up!

Maddie - I am sorry about the sickness, but so glad things are better and calming down for you. I hope she feels better soon.

Backtobasics - WOW, 17lbs in 3 weeks is awesome! You are kicking butt! Congratulations. I would fair to say the videos are working!

Backtobasics, in answering your supplement question, I drink, or sometimes put it in yogurt, Zoe'Life, which is part of my home business. I don't take supplements as they are processed and held together with a bonding agent that is actually glue. I don't drink pre-made liquids, because they to are processed - heated and cooled, plus usually sweetened with artificial stuff. When vitamins/fruits/veggies are processed they lose their nutrient value and really don't do anything as far as health, antioxidants and the whole reason you take them (and spend money on them). The reason I like Zoe' is it isn't processed at all. It is 100% organic fruits and vegetables ground to a powder form. You get 100% absorption. It just awesome and tastes great. Additionally, is full of 5000 ORAC (antioxidants), the highest I have ever seen.

Takeadeepbreath - I am sorry for your friend not being supportive, but am so proud of you realizing this and distancing yourself. I know that is difficult, but love that you are thinking of YOU first. That is really important in weightloss. Congrates.

I am doing great and have lost more weight. I haven't done alot of workouts, except walking my German Shephard, which is kindof a workout! LOL. I will check in later, need to let him out to the bathroom......LOL....a dogs life!

Last edited by mygritsconfessions; 04-05-2009 at 07:25 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:34 PM   #145  
This IS it...

S/C/G: 350.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey all...I just read the posts for the first time in days...I'm still here...kinda. A combination of the house and tax season has left NO time for internet surfing or posting. I didn't even post yesterday on the weigh in for the challenge I am doing in the 300 plus area!!! Speaking of that, I should do that. In terms of weight..I have just been fluctuatingup and down 2-3 lbs. Not gaining, not losing, and not watching what I have been eating either. Just whatever is handy whenever I have a chance. Exercise is mediocre...went on a bike ride last night...haven't been to the gym in about a month. But I am just happy to be maintaining right now. First house fell through, now we are in negotiations on a second one that is 10 times better. So yeah, that's my life in a nutshell. I am in the middle of a return right now...so I can't say more, but I just wanted to update and let you all know I haven't forgotten or left! Hope everyone is doing great today!
Old 04-06-2009, 02:23 PM   #146  

Yay Tiff! So happy to see you checked in. I know your super busy, I just wanted to make sure we didnt lose you all together. I mean, we have lost quite a few over the past 3 months. Anyway, sorry to hear that the house feel through, but hey - everything happens for a reason and its great that the new house is 10x better. Hopefully you didnt have to dish out too much $ on appraisals or inspections or whatnot on the old one. Anyway - considering the stress that you are going through right now, the fact that you are maintaining is impressive - good for you. Once you finalize everything, all the pieces will fall together, including your weight loss.

I went to the doctor today for check up and to make sure that there were no infections - so far so good. I asked them if I really could not exercise for 2 weeks and they gave me the "politically correct" answer. "Well Nicole, we cant MAKE you do anything, but if you push yourself too hard, then you cause yourself set backs and naturally you nor us would want that to happen". NO - of course not. However, they did say that once I am off my antibiotics on Friday, if I want to "walk, not run, walk", then I can do that. I am still going to stick with my strict diet even if I do start to walk. I did good today. I am kinda hungry but thats to be expected. I was slacking with my healthy eating, so its like saddling up on the horse again, the first 3-4 days Im always hungry but then I shrink my stomach and start to feel ok. That being set - I am going to set myself a big weight loss goal this month. 12 POUNDS!!! Yup, you heard it (or should I say read it), by the end of April I will be at 188, hold me to that. Since I didnt lose anything in March, I had my plateau, so there should be no reason that I can meet this goal.

More on my "self" post. A girl at work noticed I was losing weight and asked what size I was, I told her a size 14. Well she said she had a bunch of size 12-10 clothes that she was going to give to good will and if I was interested, she would like to give them to me. Their all name brand, Old Nacy, Nine West, etc. clothes so Im not prideful, I was like "heck yeah", I mean, Im not there yet but that will definately give me some incentive. So once I do lose the weight, I pretty much have a brand new wardrobe to go with it. Woo-hoo! Well, Im going to get going, I just wanted to check in.

Did anyone else weigh in yesterday? I intend on holding you guys accountable. WE CAN DO THIS!!!
Old 04-06-2009, 03:50 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Lindy-glad to here everything went smoothly with your surgery. Dont push yourself too hard. At least you can walk after Friday. Thats cool people are noticing your weight loss and getting a new wardrobe out of it.

Maddiesmom-glad to hear maddie is back to normal. Good job on being down a lb. Even in stressful times you are able to lose. Thats awesome.

Basics-The spicy chicken lettuce wraps sound yummy. To answer your question, I dont drink a shake or anything just watch what I eat.

Kelly-Too bad your friend isnt on board with you losing weight, but you can do it. I hope you get to feeling better

Mygrits-walking the dog is exercise. I have 2 to walk, even though they are little it is still a lot of work. One wants to go this way the other wants to go that way.

Tiff-good job maintaining. Too bad about the first house but hopefully everything works out with the second better one. Keep us posted when you have the time.

So yesterday was Sunday and I still maintained at 220, so far so good. I was hoping to be down another lb or more today but still at 220, but I cant complain. My SIL keeps saying she wishes there was a quick and easy way to lose weight, I told her we need to start walking but she just looked at me like yea right. I want someone to walk with, but I know she wont. She wants to lose the weight but only talks about it and never does anything about it. If I were in Alabama I would have my sister. She is doing good, she has lost 19 lbs so far. She only has a little way to go before she reaches her goal of 135. I wish I was that close. But I will get there. I have a few errands to run, then need to get home, cook dinner, shower and get in bed, have to get up at 5 in the morning to get the 5 yr old I keep on the bus. Have a great evening everyone.
Allison
Old 04-06-2009, 05:20 PM   #148  

OK...the numbers are in...141.0 lbs (which is a .2 lb loss). It's not very surprising that it's not better because I had a few rough days last week that I wasn't watching my food intake as carefully.

At the rate I'm currently going I'm going to see my 135 goal weight in 10 to 30 weeks (depending on if it's a .6 lb loss or .2 lb loss). On top of that it'll be another 8 to 25 weeks to lose the other 5 lbs that I've planned to lose. ...I'm not happy with these numbers, so I'm going to to put my 100% effort in this week...rough days or not. I'm going to do better, and I'm going to see a 130's number sooner than I think.

Breakfast - 1-1/2 cups of Kellogg's Rice Krispies with 3/4 cup of 1% milk (170 calories) and a mug of black coffee (5 calories)

Snack - 3 glasses of water

Lunch - a large garden salad with iceberg lettuce, carrots, celery, green peppers, a can of tuna and calorie-wise salad dressing (250 calories) and a glass of water

Afternoon Snack - 2 pickles (5 calories), 1/2 a banana (50 calories), 3 mugs of black coffee (15 calories) and 2 glasses of water

Supper - 6 ounces of chicken and 1-1/2 cups of peas (430 calories) and a glass of water

So far, my calorie intake today is 925 calories. If I have one Caesar this evening my calorie intake will be 1,075. Let's just see if I can do it
Old 04-06-2009, 07:53 PM   #149  

Darn COOKIES!!! AHHHHHH - they are EVIL!

Im not going to write a huge post I just want to notate that I just ate 3 SMALL M&M Cookies (you know the ones you order from your co-workers kids that come pre-made and you freeze them). WELL - I didnt think nothing of it and had 3 cookies since I was good pretty much all day. After the fact I felt guilty, I mean seriously - is this how I am going to get to that 12 pounds - lol. Anyway, after the fact I went and looked up my calorie intake and it was 120 calories PER COOKIE!!!! That is insane! That was not a "damn good cookie", enough to be 120 calories! Ok, I feel better, I spent well over a too many lines on a cookie - haha. Just had to get that out there.

Tata for now.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:40 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 286.5/286.0/160?

Height: 5'10

Hi Ladies -

I would like to join your thread - I love how supportive you are of each other and how you hold each other accountable.

I am new to 3FC but certainly not new to weight loss - I have had a lot of practice at it I have recently lost 10 lbs but need to lose a total of approx 110 - so this will be a long journey.

Back2Basics - I use a whey protein (Designer Whey - Aria) and put it into a smoothie (berries, yogurt, ice or milk, banana and almond butter) most days. It is pretty low cal but has a lot of protein. I find I feel more satisfied on days when I have a lot of protein.

Will be off to bed soon - I go to a bootcamp at 5:30 am and need my sleep if I am going to make it
Closed Thread