Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 11:10 AM   #106  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

Hello Everyone!!

Thank you so much for all of your kinds words regarding my daughter. She will be here at the hotel shortly and I can't wait to get a good visit in. Yesterday seemed busy and quick! Here is a picture I took a few minutes after graduation broke.

Backtobasics - Your Chalean sounds awesome, and I may just look into when I get down alittle farther. I too have very weak upper body strength, but super stronge legs. Thanks for explaining.

Tiff!!!!!!!!!! Wow, so good to hear from you again. We really missed your writings, motivation and all that good stuff you bring to this forum. Congratulations on the house! What a great accomplishment. Hey, I know you'll get some great workouts moving, and fixing the place up! LOL

Burgund - Yes, chilly! LOL, but seeing your a Michigan gal, you can relate. I used to live in Detroit as a youngster when my Dad was in the AirForce - we were stationed there. I guess my blood was thicker back then! LOL

Lindy - LOL, sorry about Tom. He is a jerk isn't he! I am dreading my upcoming week, as last month was like HORRIBLE. I hope your feeling better soon.

Takeadeepbreath - So sorry to hear about your car, but YES, great motivation to use your smoking to make a new car payment! I hope it all works out for you, please let us know and don't be to hard on yourself with eating...

Neesy - You go girl! I KNOW you can do this, YOU stay focus for me, as you are MY motivator this week. I am behind you at 219, so you need to lead me in the right direction. Stay with it Neesy!!!!

I was bad yesterday, as my daughter wanted to eat Taco Bell and then last night being stuck at a hotel, I ate wings and pizza. Oh my, I am depressed! I can't be bad again, or I know I will gain!!! I keep thinking of the grueling workouts my daughter went through. The 25 or more pounds she lost and the huge amounts of muscle she gained - all in 9 weeks. WE CAN DO THIS LADIES!!!!

I'll check in later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alina Navy 062-2.JPG (29.2 KB, 12 views)
Old 03-21-2009, 08:39 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Smile

Lindy-We can all relate to the TOM situation. I hate being a girl sometimes, ya know, and my husband gets on my nerves worse than usual then too. Hang in there, it wont last forever. At least you are exercising.

Kelly-Sorry about your car, and thats a good reason to give up smoking. I will know what is wrong with my car Monday, I hope it is nothing major, but I am thinking about selling it anyways.

Neesy-that is what we are here for, to keep each other going. I know I need a kick in the pants sometimes.

Basics-TOM is time of the month. 10 lbs in a week is amazing, keep it up girl.

Mygrits-dont get down on yourself for splurging while on vacation. You can get right back to eating right and exercising once you are home. Enjoy being with your daughter.

So, I finally got myself up about 45 minutes ago and exercised. I kept trying to make excuses today not to workout, cos I woke up this morning and my shoulders and back were sore from yesterdays workout. But I told myself I was not going to sabotage this and got off my butt and just did it and now I am happy that I did. The nice weather we were supposed to have here today didnt show up. I woke up and told my husband we should take the dogs for a walk. And he just lifted the blinds and was I surprised when I saw snow falling and the ground covered. So that idea was blown out the window. Hopefully tomorrow it will be in the 50s. I hope everyone had a good day, it has been quiet in here today. I will check in tomorrow.
Allison

Last edited by burgundyrayne; 03-21-2009 at 08:42 PM.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:31 AM   #108  
Sandy....

Burgund - Thanks for the encouraging 'vacation' words. I have just pigged out for 3 days. I know I should just let it go, but I guess what is getting me is the fact I worked soooo hard to get within 9 lbs of my goal and knew I could make it by the end date. Right now I feel like I am probably 3 lbs heavier . I really don't know, but that is how it feels. I won't be back home until late tomorrow night, so I am going to try to hard to eat really light today and tomorrow and maybe Tuesday morning when I weigh-in at home it won't be as bad.

I hope everyone else is doing well, and having a nice weekend! This is my last day with Alina, and then tomorrow is airport ****. We will have to 'sit' in O'Hare for 5 hours before we ever fly out, then it is to Atlanta layover and then Daytona Beach arrival at 11pm. It's going to be a looonnngggg Monday!

Check in later
Old 03-23-2009, 12:16 PM   #109  
Cheesecake? Yes plz!

S/C/G: 155/149.8/135

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone! It's so nice to read such positive messages and words or encouragement -- I thank you all for what you've said towards me, and a big thank you for everyone supporting each other -- it's really awesome!

Started off last week with a migraine (I get them frequently... blech) and then my burger mishap on Tuesday. I was pretty good the rest of the week, and when I was at the grocery store yesterday, purchased a range of healthier foods.

I was proud of myself last night, as my boyfriend asked me to make cookies for his team at work. Usually, I eat half the bowl of dough by myself, but I was able to limit myself to one little scoop and then licking one of the beaters -- that made me so proud of myself. I mean, really, I'd eat the entire bowl if I didn't actually have to have cookies as an end result!

I'm going to be starting my next diet log next week (yay for filling on out pretty faithfully for 3 whole months!) and I was wondering if anyone had any positive quotes or thoughts that I could jot down every couple of days in my log. Is there a good website devoted to positive quotes, daily thoughts or goals that I could visit that you recommend?

I'm bummed that it's raining so terribly here... my dog and I are eager to get out for a walk. I used my stair machine today though, so I got in a little workout. Maybe the rain will stop for awhile tonight after work and I can still get some walking time in.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 03-23-2009, 09:44 PM   #110  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Hello everyone! Sorry I haven't been writing, life has been super busy. I've had time to briefly read everyone's posts, but haven't had much time for anything else.

Burgandy: Thanks for asking about me...it's nice to know that I have that extra support. Also, great job on the workout!!!

Well, here's my story. Still am on and off of the wagon. I am wishing that I had that determination I had a few weeks ago...I find that I'm so very busy with everything, that planning healthy meals is the last thing on my mind. Work keeps me very busy, which is nice. The down side is that they have a full functioning cafeteria that has just about anything you could possibly want. Do I go for the salad bar? Nope, I go for the egg, cheese, and bacon sandwich for breakfast, and a grilled chix sandwich for lunch, which normally wouldn't be bad, but I have it with mozzarella stix. I've gotta stop! I told my hubby that something's gotta give...I have to do this!!!

The office offers Weight Watchers at work and the meetings are during lunchtime, and I only pay half price. So, I am going to see how much the meetings are and join with some ladies in my department. I think the extra face to face support would be very beneficial to me.

I've only gained back 2 pounds, which in the grand scheme of things isn't too horrible and I know they will easily come back off once I begin watching what I am eating. I also take my daughter to the park and for walks when the weather is nice, so I'm at least getting some exericse in.

Other than work, my daughter has been very sick for the past week. We took her to the doctor and he prescribed a medication that gave her front to back diaper rash that is so severe, her skin began to crack. Poor thing is fit to be tied and is in constant pain. So my hubby (who's beginning his job search) is home with her full time 2 days a week...he's not used to her for 10 hours at a time, let alone when she's sick. So, the minute I'm home, I'm watching her, making dinner, getting her ready for bed, and by the time I'm through with that, I'm completely zapped for energy. Plus, Madeline got me sick, so I was completely useless for a week. Saturday was so bad with ear problems I was dizzy the entire day. I'm just starting to get better now after an entire week!

Sandy: So glad you got to see your daughter. Don't beat yourself up over a few days...you know how to get back on track. Were you at the Naval Station near Gurnee? That's 15 minutes from where I live! Don't you love that lovely Chicago weather? 30 one day, 50 the next!!

BacktoBasics: Congrats on the 10 pounds!! WOW! Keep up the great work!

Neesy: Good luck on your birthday goal! You can do anything you put your mind to!

Tiff: Congrats on the house! Let us know how the inspection goes! I know how exciting being a first time homebuyer can be! I would love to move, but with the economy the way it is, we're settling for getting our floors re-done.

Lindy: We are in the same TOM boat. This time around I have been craving chocolate like no other. I made the mistake of buying Easter candy too early and opening it! It's amazing how it doesn't affect you one month, and the next, it's like you haven't eaten in a year! We'll get back on track...did you want to start our competition again? Not sure how things at home are with your brother, but if you are game, so am I. I think I need a little friendly competition to get me back on track. I'm a super competitive person, so I think it could really help the both of us.

Jules: I know how migraines are...they make doing the littlest things difficult, let alone working out. Just take advantage of those days you don't have them and just continue to work on your eating habits.

So, this is the longest post ever, but wanted to get everyone in. Sorry it's so long, but it's been awhile! I'll try to post more often! Have a great night!
Old 03-24-2009, 07:31 PM   #111  

S/C/G: See signature

Hey ladies!

Maddiesmom - Im game if you are. I need something...ANYTHING to get me focused again. I got WAY to complacent with losing 20, and my goal is 90 - 70 more pounds to go, so I cannot give up now. I feel the same way as you, one month I'm good, then the next month - oh god, I can eat EVERYTHING and thats what I've been doing. Sorry to hear about Maddie, I hate when Gabriella gets sick, my heart just breaks. Hopefully things will get easier for you in the next couple of months, its probably so hectic because your still getting in the swing of things.

Jules - when Neesy or Tiff pop back on here, I'm sure they will give you some awesome inspirational quotes, they are so good at that. We are so proud of you with your cookie challenge, that speaks volumes. You'll be at your goal in no time.

Mygrits - arent you happy to be back in Florida? At least weather wise?! We are having beautiful weather this week. How was the good bye with your daughter? Im sure it was hard. Thats a great picture of her, shes a very pretty girl (woman).

Well, I fell off the wagon, obviously. I am trying to be very strict the rest of this week for my beach trip this weekend. On a positive note, I am doing AWESOME with my running. I hurt my shins (chins - sp?) today but nothing a little stretching wont fix. I also signed up for a 5k next month. Now - I got a smidge of bad news. I have beauty marks aka moles all over my body. I had several of them tested a couple weeks ago and they came back as testing positive for the moderate stages of developing malanoma (not malanoma yet, its goes in 3 stages - mild, moderate and severe). The good news is, I have 2 surgeries scheduled for next month to get them removed. The surgeries are outpatient, so it should be relatively easy and moderately painless. That has nothing to do with my weight loss journey but since you all are my friends, I thought I'd share. Oh and one last thing - an update on my brother. He is doing MUCH better, he will probably be going back to work in the next 3-4 weeks, once again - thank you to everyone for caring and asking about his progress.

I'll touch base tomorrow. Have a great night!
Old 03-24-2009, 08:07 PM   #112  
I'm bringing sexy back

Height: 5'8

Rain-Rain go away! Although, I am thankful it's NOT snow right now

Mygrits- Wow, how proud you must be of your daughter! Thanks for sharing a photo! I'm sure your vacation indulgences will get worked off when you get home.

Burgundy- TOM...ahhh, forgive my blond moment for not figuring that out! Great job on working out!

Jules- What restraint you have on making the cookies...gosh, I am a bad mom, I haven't made my daughter anything treat-wise for the past couple of weeks. She is excited about my diet and is now always asking if what she is eating is healthy. Which is great little motivator

MaddiesMom- Thanks...I hope the kick continues for my 90 days! Sorry to hear about your little one being sick. It's so hard when they look at you like "help me" and there's nothing you can do but wait for the meds to kick in. I'm sure when you get stable, you'll be able to focus again on you!

Lindy- Glad you are able to catch the moles at an early stage-- good luck with the surgeries. And also-- wow, a 5K!!! I'm so envious Good for you to sign up for it!!

As for me-- the diets still been great and easy to stick with. Although I have fallen into having the same dinner routine for the past 6 days (chicken on a pita with a salad). Funny thing, is I'm not sick of it yet. I'll keep it nice and simple right now.
Working out is going well-- I went to the gym yesterday and today-- and I've been doing my ChaLean videos as well (those are 5 times a week, you have 2 scheduled days off a week in the 90 day program to give your muscles a break).

Well, speaking of which-- time for me to get some housework done, put the kid down and then pop in my ChaLean video...happy Tuesday everyone
Old 03-25-2009, 11:08 PM   #113  

Ok thought I would check in before bed real quick. WHERE IS EVERYBODY? I have had a bad couple of days food wise. I have just been eating what ever I want and that includes ice cream. Tomorrow is my sister in laws birthday and we are going to Applebees and we got her an ice cream cake. I will probably splurge one more day and then back to it on Friday. I did take the pups for a walk today, it was about 40 degrees, so why not. My neighbors(my husbands cousins) went with me, so I had someone to talk to. I am committed to walking more. Its getting warmer all the time, so I will be outside a lot. I have decided that I will be trying out the couch to 5k. Hopefully we hear more from everyone soon. Have a nice night everyone.
Allison
Old 03-26-2009, 05:54 PM   #114  
focus on me

OK, I have to do this in 10 minutes....GO!

Food - good and bad
Exercise - non-existent
New Car - ain't happenin', though they tried, oh, they tried - I just can't afford it
Old Car - poured miracle liquid in - no leaks so far. probably get head gasket repaired next month if car makes it through.
Tonight - family BINGO w/mom
Tomorrow night - friend's band playing
Sat - blood work, exercise, friend's b-day
Sun - exercise, something I'm forgetting
Mon - woo hoo! nothing!
Tues - go w/friend to another friend's house

Vicky - happy to see you back! thought we had lost you. Sounds like a lot on your plate like the rest of us. Hang in there. You'll find a rhythm and be back to losing the weight.

Lindy - wow, good thing it was caught. let us know when you go and how it goes.

Neesy - I just know you are working your butt off to lose those b-day lbs! You'll get there.

Jules - MIGRAINES....UGH! Luckily, they have went away for me over the past couple of years. I've had them since I was a child and can soooo relate. There was a time when I would have them for days or even 3-4 times a week (with days in between). Now when I start to feel it, I can control it with excedrin and putting heat across my forehead. Hope they eventually go away for you.

I know I'm missing people, but my 10 minutes are up! Check in later.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:01 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the encouragement. Well.. I think last week when I weighed.. I was 210. Today I am 207. I'm hoping to lose a couple more pounds by saturday. I was stuck on a plateau for so long.. It's nice to finally see some weight loss.. and not only that.. I'm maintaining my weight loss thus far, which is GREAT! I figure.. as long as I NEVER get past 210 again.. I'll be happy. Now once I get under 200. I will say I'll be happy if I never get over 200lbs again.. and so forth. I'm happy maintaining as long as I'm not gaining.

Anyway, I have the next 4 days off work. Which I need.. I'm exhausted! My days have been busy busy busy. I don't get on here as much as I'd like. Usually.. in the past.. when I stop coming on here.. means I have relapsed and have begun my weight gain/eating badly. BUT nope! I don't want to let you ladies down. I will keep coming on here as long as you guys do.

I'm glad to see every one is doing well.

Kelly-You sound so busy. I like your life in 10 minutes. that's funny

Burgundyrayne-Don't fall off the bandwagon! I know you'll get right back on track. Sometimes.. and I know.. you have to splurge. It gives your metabolism a little kick in the butt. So, don't worry.

Basics-I'm jealous of your exercise motivation. Go you!

Lindy-I'm glad you found out about the "beauty marks". I'm sure all will be well. Good to hear your brother is doing well. Keep us updated once you have your surgery. YAY for you! I have no motivation for running. You are awesome!!!!!!!!!! I'm waiting on you to drop into the 1's any day now! So kick it into gear! I have no doubts. You'll be there in no time.

Sandy-That is great about your daughter's graduation. I'm sure you must be so proud. Don't let a little celebration taco bell/ pizza get you down. That's nothing. Just eat healthy for the next few days. I find that it helps to have a cheat day once a week.

Maddiesmom- Sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope she gets better soon. It must be hard to try and work, diet, and be a mother. I couldn't imagine.. You must have a lot of will power and strength. Keep going!

Last edited by Neesy_20; 03-26-2009 at 10:02 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:48 PM   #116  
I'm bringing sexy back

Height: 5'8

Burgundy- Isn't it funny how 40 degrees can be considered a heatwave? We're back down into 20's, but today I refused to wear my winter shoes and took out some cute spring one's along with a bright green shirt. Please keep us updated on the couch to 5k, I'm excited to hear about the journey!

Kelly- what whirlwind, I was tired after just reading your schedule Glad you are getting some fun activities in there!

Neesy- Happy Early Birthday!!! You've done great on your mini goal by your birthday and I'm happy that the scale moved again for you.

As for me, I'm still in my honeymoon stage of the diet and exercise, so I'll ride this wave as long as I can. I ended up going to the gym everyday this week, along with my videos and keeping to my diet. I'm excited to weigh in tomorrow, although I'm sure I won't have a big drop like last week...as long as it keeps moving in the right direction, it's all good! Now that my ticker is working, I need to figure out a new mini goal.
Happy Friday!
Old 03-27-2009, 11:28 PM   #117  

I'm a newbie. This is my first post. I've been married for almost 10 years (this coming July 31st) and I'm 30 years old. I have two daughters--ages 5 and 29 months. When I got married I weighed 128 lbs; I lost 22 pounds in 6 months when between our engagement and the time we married. Since having one miscarriage and two children, I weighed (after losing a little of my pregnancy weight) 158 lbs.

I started my weight-loss journey on January 26th of this year, and in eight weeks have lost 17 lbs. As of Monday's weigh in, I weigh 141.

For whatever reason food loves to call my name. It's always calling and I have to try to stop thinking about it. I've found that pre-plannning my meals, counting calories and drinking lots of water has helped a lot. I would like to know if there is anybody else approximately my age with kids wanting to be my weight loss buddy. We could post what we've eaten throughout the day to make ourselves feel more accountable and encourage each other as much as possible. Please PM me if you're interested. Thanks.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:24 AM   #118  
Sandy....

Hi Ladies,

Wow, all of you are so kind with your wonderful words of encouragement! I got back Monday night at 3am - no that would be Tuesday morning wouldn't it? LOL I was at O'Hare Airport for 7 hours, before they could get me on a flight. They evidently had mechical issues with several planes, so they bounced me on 5 different flights. Enough said, it was a nightmare. My time with Alina was just wonderful and I would go through Delta **** again to see her (flights up, got screwed up too). She is now in San Antonio Texas at Lackland AirForce Base for A School, which is really hard, so please pray for her.

The food, gosh I ate, and ate, and ate. When I got home I was going to get back on track, but we had such a hectic week, I ate and ate and ate. Fast food world I might add. Is it heaven or ****? I think the latter, because I felt horrible. I finally went to the grocery store, got healthier foods in and started yesterday. I went for a 2 mile walk and felt so much better. I don't even like fast foods, and they make my body feel horrible because of all the sodium - so why do we eat them and love them? Makes no sense. The end result was I gained 5 lbs for a week of eating! Shocking, but yes, I did it!

Maddie I saw your quick comment about living near the base! Wow, I wish I would have known, as I would have loved to meet for a few minutes! The weather was a complete shocker!! LOL Chicago and surrounding areas are really pretty though and 'windy' - ahhhh, the Windy City!

I don't have time to read everyones post the last few days, as we are leaving for church and then going to Orlando to see my parents. I will catch up on all of your progress' tonight.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:11 PM   #119  

Sorry if some of these replies are to old posts. Havent been on in a few days.

Jules-Migraines sucks, my grandmother used to get them and she would have to sit in a totally dark and quiet room until there was some relief. We've had rain here too and the dogs love it outside, except in the rain, I have a hard time getting to go out to go to the bathroom.

Maddiesmom-I hope your daughter is feeling better. Once you get into the swing of things your diet will fall into place also. Just give yourself a little time. Only gaining 2 lbs is not bad at all

Lindy-Good job on the running, I am hopefully going to start soon. I have been on a couple walks, but this weather is just not cooperating with me. Good luck with your surgeries, keep us updated on that. I'm happy to hear your brother will be going back to work.

Basics-You are doing a great job sticking to your videos and diet AND going to the gym. That is impressive

Kelly-sorry to hear you arent going to be able to get a new car. You will get back to exercising, we arent going to let anyone here fall off the wagon completely, somebody will be there to catch you.

Neesy- I know what you mean about being on a plateau, I have been fighting with the same 2 lbs for over a week now.

Mygrits-Glad you made it home safe, and you daughter will be in our thoughts and prayers. And once all that sodium is out of your body, I am sure the 5 lbs will be too.

As for me, I usually weigh in on Sundays but TOM arrived yesterday, so I skipped weighing today. Now I know why I have wanted to eat everything in sight. I have been craving authentic Mexican food, so yesterday while out of town, I finally had it. I ate a chimichanga and rice, it was so yummy. So I am trying my best right now to eat right, but I know once TOM is gone ,I can get back on track completely. I need to get off here and get ready we are going to the movies with my niece and nephews to see Monsters vs. Aliens. Looks funny. Hope you ladies have a wonderful day.
Allison
Old 03-29-2009, 07:19 PM   #120  
focus on me

I just totally lost everything I typed by clicking the wrong button! GGGRRR!!! Lemme see if I can do this again.

I didn't exercise yesterday, but today I'm counting cleaning my house as exercise. In a little over 2 hours, I cleaned EVERYTHING. I don't know what got into me, but I couldn't quit. I was sweating so bad! I turned the heat off and opened windows to try and cool down-and it was cold today!

I weighed myself today and it was BAD. I really don't want to change my ticker cause I know it's mostly salt and lack of drinking water. So I promise to myself to focus on that this week, and ONLY that. That doesn't mean I won't get exercise in or that I will eat bad, but that is my main goal-drink lots of water and cut the salt.

I get so upset with myself when I see how I've done the past couple of weeks. I really haven't gotten anywhere because I give up so easily. I just don't understand how one minute, I'm ready to take on the world and convinced I can fix my weight problem. Then the next minute, I've given up, depressed and sometimes crying. I don't know if that's normal or if I'm extreme. I do take a 'happy pill' each day and that has helped tremendously with all that is going on in my life right now. But I wonder if I should talk to me doc about upping it or if I'm just having an extreme month and it will pass. My mom should be home in a couple of weeks...really, this time it looks like it's going to happen, and that's great. But I know it's going to be a whole new set of challenges and stress to deal with. What do you all think?

Burgundy - Thanks for the encouragement. I'm sure you can tell that I get very frustrated with myself. But once I come here, it's all better! Let me know how the movie was, I want to go see it.

Tiff - If you've had a chance to just come here and read, we haven't forgotten you! I hope you're still making it through tax season. Keep riding that bike! Once you start to move into your new house, you will find muscles you never knew you had!

Sandy - Glad you made it back home with your sanity-LOL! I so understand how the bad food makes you feel bad. Now you should be able to eat healthy and kick it in gear.

Basics - So happy to hear the 'honeymoon' isn't over..hahaha! Maybe your loss will help some us to focus. I think we've all had a rough time of it lately and could use some more inspiration.

Yah, I think I remembered it all. And I wrote a lot again, sorry! Well, anyone feel free to kick me in the butt. I gotta get this ticker down!
Closed Thread