Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 02:49 PM   #391  
focus on me

Height: 5'3"

Ding Dong! LOL!

I'm reading, but have done nothing to report....except I've stayed away from the food table and sucking down water! I think when I go the grocery for my mom tonight-I will also pick up the stuff to make a Bob Evans spinach salad, minus the hot bacon dressing... I have an easy peasy LF ranch dressing that should do just fine. That way I can get my veggies in and try to make up for the bad stuff this morning.

I would like to have the chicken on it too, but I'm funny about pre-cooked pre-packaged chicken. Any suggestions so I don't have to cook the chicken? Should I get a piece of fried, ditch the skin and cut that up? I will waste most of a rotisserie chicken so that's out. The canned stuff tastes funny and the cooked in the freezer case, it's been hit or miss when I've gotten that in the past. I guess I'm just tooo picky-or spoiled...your choice...haha!

As to the sauna, the cons I've heard outweigh the pros. It reminds me of something Jillian says about bikram yoga-all you are doing if dehydrating yourself and once you drink water after, you're back where you were to begin with. As to the detox, I've heard mixed.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:22 PM   #392  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Takeadeepbreath - as far as the chicken goes, I know you said rotisserie is too much for just one person but you should do what i do. I buy a rotisserie chicken once a week and remove the skin, then I package the chicken into individual tupperware containers, you can then use it to add to your salads, eat alone or mix with wheat pasta or make a chicken salad sandwich (these are all things I tried). Just trying to help you think outside the box. I personally wouldnt pick up one piece of fried chicken for 2 reasons:

1. you could be tempted to NOT remove the skin
2. It friend in greasy oil, even if you remove the skin, its still not as healthy as baking it.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:35 PM   #393  
focus on me

good point on the fried chicken...didn't think of that. I don't like the dark meat, so that will get tossed, but they are on sale for 4.99..hhmmm. I just don't like touching it (whining now). I could forgo the chicken and change it up a little to add beans for protein. Whenever I rinse canned beans (remove the sodium!), I just stand there and eat half of them before I can add it to whatever I'm making.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:02 AM   #394  
focus on me

my turn to ask where everyone is..

Today is my aunt's yard sale that I'm putting a bunch of my crap into. It starts in an hour and I haven't showered or loaded anything up in my car yet. I just woke up an hour ago. I ate oatmeal for breakfast and I'm drinking my first cup of coffee. I was soooo tired last night. After I got mom's groceries to her and helped her put them away, I put her meds together for the week then came home at 8:30...ugh! My feet were really hurting too, so I didn't put a salad together, but ate a can of soup (that was too high in sodium) and drank more water. I DID get 8 hours of sleep. That NEVER happens. So when lunch comes around, I don't know what I'll do. I may come home and make my salad then. But I want to boil eggs for it too, so I may not have enough time. I also have to pick up another med for my mom today and add it to her weekly. And get a couple loads of laundry done for mom. Tomorrow is ALL about me though... cleaning my laundry and my house. HaHa!

I'll check back tonight, but I am determined to have a good number for my weigh in tomorrow. (I've been checking and it's good so far!)
Old 05-09-2009, 12:58 PM   #395  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Hey you guys! I'm going to take my mother out to dinner today since I work tomorrow. I will pick the healthiest thing on the menu. I promise! I can always just get a salad then pick up a subway on my way home. whateva.. yesterday i weighed in at 203.6... today it said 202.4 . but i'm not going to change my ticker just yet. i want to make sure its real first. so i'll give it a few days. Well my husband is pestering me to get off the computer. Ugh. Well.. I'll let you know how it goes. Oh by the way.. I went to the gym on all of my off days this week AND went yesterday after being at work, which always seems like forever!!!.. and did 40 minutes of cardio. Not too shabby.. So I was exhausted and woke up at noon today!

Ok.. talk to you later!

Last edited by Neesy_20; 05-09-2009 at 12:58 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:22 PM   #396  
This IS it...

S/C/G: 350.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Default It's Staccie's Birthday!

Hey Everyone...I just read in another thread that Staccie posted that it is her birthday!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STACCIE!!!!

Old 05-09-2009, 04:56 PM   #397  

Go Stacy...its your Birthday, we gonna party like its your birthday...lol. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLY!!! I hope your doing and feeling well. We will give you a pass with your food and alcohol consumption for TODAY only.

Neesy - you are on fire, awesome!!! Good job on losing another pound.

Burgundy - dying to know, what did you do for lunch today and how did the garage sale go?

Really quick, today was busy. I woke up way late today because I was up all night last night with an upset stomach. Ugh...running to the bathroom every hour. Anyway, when i did get up at 9 AM!!! CRAZY! I had to run to go with my mom to the local plant nursery, then I started working in the yard, then my daughter wanted to go to the pool and that sounded really good after busting my butt in the yard all morning so then we went there, then I was really upset that overslept through my morning workout so I went to the gym. I am just sitting down now. Anyway, I NEVER weigh myself in the evenings, I just get too upset because its always more so tomorrow morning before I do anything else I am going to hop on the scale and then log on here and record it. Fingers crossed.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:43 PM   #398  
focus on me

Neesy - Freakin' great girl! Wow, you will be in onederville very soon, I just know it!

Staccie - Happy Birthday! Be good...naaah...be good tomorrow.

Lindy - Hope tomorrow is a little slower for you. You sound like I feel! The yard sale sucked! Only made bout $16 and spent $11 of it on jewelry-sheesh! Lunch was so-so on the 'I did good!' scale. Since all I had eaten was oatmeal for breakfast, I had a whopper only lettuce, tomato, onion and light mayo. NO CHEESE. And bout 10 of my friend's fries. But I drank lots of water again (not what I should be getting, tho). I just got home bout half hour ago and dove into some sunchips - peppercorn ranch. 1 serving really isn't that bad, but 2 or 3-well, not so good either. I am having spinach salad for dinner, tho.

Oh yeah, and I am soooo sunburned, it's not even funny. Like, someone could look at my neck and arms and be stopped in their tracks-and their jaw drop to the ground. I'm just glad I didn't have a sleeveless shirt on. I had a black t-shirt on, so I have a big red circle around my neck and from the elbows down is the same. My friend taught me to use plain ole', regular, oil of olay on a sunburn cause it will moisturize the skin and the burn will go away quicker. I did this last time I was burnt and it seemed to work, but I can't remember if I was this red last time. Ouch!

I'll be back in the morning with a lower weight ( ). I also think I've heard that you swell and retain water with a sunburn...crap!
Old 05-09-2009, 09:56 PM   #399  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Ok, I havent been on in 4 day, so I am going to catch up with everyone right now. 3 pages I think.

Lindy-charley horses suck, hope you havent had anymore. I was laughing out loud at your Lola story, too funny. If I would have made cookies I would be eating the dough. I try not to bake too often because of that. I loved the Jillian message. I try to come up with excuses not to workout but thats just crap, I have the time, so I NEED to do it. Good luck with weighing tomorrow

Tiff-your new gym sounds wonderful, wish there was gym around here, the one in town is only open like November to April. I hate living in such a small town. Funny story about your dogs, mine sleep with us everynight and we have a king size bed, but I always feel like I am on a twin. They both have to be touching me all night. Codependant little dogs. Thats exciting about your engagement ring, when I got engaged I had to order a size 9, but then in 2005 I lost 32 lbs and had to order another one, a size 7.

Neesy-beautiful pic, you will get back to that weight soon. I had a five dolla foot long yesterday, so nice to be able to see what is actually in your food instead of hitting mcdonalds. You will be able to change your ticker, you are getting so close to onederland, any day now.

Staccie-Happy Birthday Girl. Hope your back is doing better and you are able to workout more.

Kelly-how are things going now that your mom is home, still sounds like you are running around a lot. Getting on the treadmill 3x's with everything you have going on is great. Good job not smoking. Hope the food day at work didnt throw you off. Sounds like you did ok. Thats usually how yard sales go for me too. I never make much money. And ouch, sunburn sucks! Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow too

Ok, now me. So I havent done 30ds in 3 days, I know, bad bad bad. I am going to do it tonight. I worked the first day I didnt do it, and the second and third I was having an upset stomach and there is just too much jumping around in it to do it, so I skipped it. I will get up in a bit and do it tonight. My eating has been ok. I still need to drink more water. Still at 218, but at least I am maintaining and not gaining it back. Gotta work again tomorrow but only for a couple hours. Then I hope the day is nice, I have some flowers to plant. Gotta rake out my flower bed first. I made lasagna for dinner, I know not the healthiest of meals, but my husband wanted it and I only had a little bit. Gotta work some of that off. Well nothing interesting going on around here so I will check in tomorrow. Dont want to go another 4 days. Hope ya'll have a good night.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:21 AM   #400  
focus on me

Burgundy - It's OK that you missed 3 days on 30DS, as long as you don't give up-and it doesn't sound like you will. Good job on having a small portion of the lasagna. You could have given in, but you didn't. YAY! And I totally understand about missing 4 days on here. It's hard to keep up. Especially with the Tiff and Lindy show going.... HaHa! Just kiddin' you two. I love your chatter and knowing that you are here with the rest of us.

Lindy - Did you weigh today? How did it go?

I am amazed, but I think the oil of olay worked! I can still feel the heat in my arms and neck, but it doesn't burn or itch like it did yesterday. I slept through the night without any pain. I will keep putting it on through the day and take it to work with me. I actually think it's better than the aloe. Aloe leaves me feeling sticky...eeww!

And you will notice my ticker went down. 3 LBS! Woo Freakin Hoo! (giddy again!) It makes me want to walk/run on the treadmill all day! I guess I did get a little bit of exercise in yesterday when we were putting all the yard sale stuff in my aunt's garage. The garage is down a hill and we had to carry to long tables built of wood along with all our stuff. I was sweating and my heart rate was up cause I wanted to hurry up and go. I had other things I still had to do after the sale.

Today is my day. Granted I have to do laundry and clean, but I don't have to go anywhere. Yippie! So I will be on the treadmill in a little while - burnt arms and all. I bet my shower after is gonna hurt, water always hurts.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:51 AM   #401  

Takeadeepbreath - sorry to hear about your sunburn, Im KINDA in the same boat. I layed out yesterday for a tan while my daughter was swimming and used an excelerator instead of sun tan lotion. It worked, I dont LOOK burn but I sure FEEL burned. Oh well, I do this every year. ANYWAY - CONGRATULATIONS on your 3 lbs!!! Woo-hoo, woot-woot, your a rockstar!!! Oh thats too funny, Im sitting here watching VH1 right now and the new Eminem song is on and as I typed "your a rockstar", the hook started singing "your a rockstar, everybody wants you" - lol.

Burgundy - yay for yard work. You burn a ton of calories doing yard work.

Ok, of course I have to say "HAPPY MOTHERS DAY" to all the mommies today!

Ok, I said I would and I did, I weighed in today. I usually like to do my drumroll when I weigh in but Im really not in the mood. I did lose, but only 1 lb! UGH! I wish so bad it was more. I know going to the gym is making me feel better but it certainly is not doing nothing on the scale. I have a trip planned to Connecticut on June 15th and I would really like to be at 185 AT LEAST, its kinda far fetched, 17 lbs in one month but Ill set a goal. IDK. Anyway, Im going to my moms now so I probably wont check in until tomorrow.

Where is Mygrist?
Old 05-10-2009, 09:35 AM   #402  
focus on me

Lindy - I have a friend who used to do power lifting and he's told me that when you really start to work with weights, your muscles will hold onto some water for a couple weeks. Once it adjusts, you will drop the water. How long have you been working with your trainer/gym now? Seems like a couple weeks to me so maybe this is the issue. Sorry about your 'burn' also.

And I forgot....that's why I'm back. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to everyone! Those of us with pets count too, cause they are children.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:27 PM   #403  

Just wanted to tell everyone Happy Mothers Day before I go to work. Hope everyone has a nice relaxing day. I will check in later with a longer reply. Gotta get ready for work .
Old 05-10-2009, 03:10 PM   #404  

Well, I am going to go out and rake, dont know if I will plant my flowers today. Its supposed to be 32 tonight. Dont want them to freeze. Its only 40 now. Gonna do my workout before tonight. Even though I sleep better when I do it before bed. Maybe I can get it in twice.

Kelly-thanks for the encouraging words. I froze the rest of the lasagna so I wouldnt be tempted. Glad the oil of olay worked for you. 3 lbs down Congrats. Hope you enjoy your day to yourself.

Lindy-dont UGH yourself, 1 lb is a great accomplishment, you didnt gain 1 lb, right? So celebrate all lbs lost even the small numbers the scale moves.

K ladies, outside I go. Lots of leaves out there.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:41 PM   #405  

Ok girls. I am going to try something new tomorrow. I wasnt really into doing a whole "diet" thing, but this seems less "diety" and more reasonable. It also makes A LOT of sense. Calorie Cycling. I looked it up online and based on my current weight my calorie cycle goes like this:

M - 1576
T - 1576
W - 1734
Th. - 1576
F - 1576
S - 1576
Su. - 1892

This seems very reasonable considering that I am trying to consume about 1400-1600 calories a day right now. I also swithced my "high" calorie intake day to Sunday's since that is the day I usualy indulge anyways because my whole family goes and eats at my Grandmas. If anyone has any thoughts, opinions or suggestions on this, please feel free to chime in.

Kelly - thanks for telling me about the weight lifting thing. You are correct, I have only started doing a routine weight lifting schedule since last Friday (so less than 2 weeks). Hopefully with my calorie cycling and weight lifting, I will start to see some numbers. I really want to be at 180 by June 14th, as this is when I will be in Connecticut seeing my family.

Ill write tomorrow. Might I add, I have a stellar tan right now, that sunburn went away fast! My goal when I get to 180 is to dye my hair blonde. My hair has always been blonde but about a year ago I went dark to let my natural color come through but Im ready for a change and hopefull it will be in time for my trip.
Closed Thread