Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 08:37 PM   #16  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Lindy: I think you and I are in the same funk. Are you sure we're not related?!? I was so good at counting calories and doing very well at it, but it just seems like so much trouble now. I know I can make time to plan meals, etc. but I'm just too tired to do it. What's harder is that I know I will be tired until my body gets used to working out, etc. but I find that I enjoy sleep more than exercise...even though I know I'll feel better in the long run if I exercise.

I'm hoping that this isn't a way of the two of us sabotaging ourselves. You and I have both done so well, we've lost almost the same amount of weight. I know I don't want to go back to where I was, but am too much in a funk to do something. I think if you and I make a commitment to each other to get moving, maybe that will help? Make it a contest almost? Don't know, just trying to think of something to get me off my butt.

Welcome to the new members!
Old 03-04-2009, 09:21 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

That's okay Lindy. Hope you feel better. I'm with you guys. I'm not really in a dieting funk as I'm in an overall down kind of mood. I'm sure we'll get over it.

Rayne-I was equally PO'd about the biggest loser ending. How unsatisfying! Ugh!

Last edited by Neesy_20; 03-04-2009 at 09:26 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:09 PM   #18  
This IS it...

S/C/G: 350.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

We must all be phsycically linked or something. I am totally in a funk. I don't want to work out. I really want to eat some crazy bad foods. And I just want to go to bed. The last two mornings I have woken up with a sore throat and have had a sinus headache and been super sneezy and sniffly half the day. But by the end of both days I have been fine. I don't know, maybe I have a sinus infection. The only weird thing is that it gets better throughout the day.

Well, I hope we all feel better soon and get the heck out of this funk.

Oh yeah and I haven't lost any weight since Monday morning and have actually been up but I refuse to move my ticker because I know it must be water weight. Either that or I have finally hit a plateau after 35 lbs. I hope that is not it!
Old 03-05-2009, 05:27 PM   #19  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Oh god! Its scary when we all feel this way. I am really disappointed, I got on the scale today and gained 5.5 pds! That is so bad, so...so....bad. I am going to get back on the horse starting tomorrow and am going to walk tonight. I NEED to get this under control, we all do.

Maddiesmom - great idea. I'm down for the challlenge. In fact, let's do this, Ill set the goal at 10 pds for the month of March. Starting today from whatever our ticker states RIGHT NOW. You game? Your so smart. I'm competitive so this will definately up my game. Thanks.

Ill try to check in later if I have time. Sorry I was "Donna Downer" yesterday, we will get threough this funk. Although I am glad that I'm not alone.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:05 PM   #20  
focus on me

Height: 5'3"

HAHAHAHA! This is so funny. I didn't want to post cause of my funk. Oh my gosh... Yeah, I've got it too. I believe mine is more depression though. My mother has really been trying my patience lately so I head to bar after work. No biggie really, except yesterday, 2 drinks tore me up. Then I had a 3rd, then I had to eat to start sobering up and the only thing around is pizza next door. Crap, crap, crap, crap!! And today was a food day for March birthdays and what did we have instead of different foods brought in by individuals...PIZZA!!!! Crap, crap, crap, crap!! So, I am so swollen and heavy and miserable and officially in a funk.

I also got in late last night cause of my 'binge' so I'm tired. I have to get my tax stuff together for Saturday, so that's gonna take the whole night and all I want to do is sleep....

So I doubt I will hit my 2 this week. That means I have to kick it into gear for next week to be a 4. This whole time, I've been up and down and up and down. I'm really getting aggravated with myself cause I know I can do this if I just pay attention and think. But I'm overwhelmed with my 'mom stuff' and work (we just had 50 layoffs nationwide Tuesday). Then I want to quit smoking while trying to lose weight. It's a lot to keep up with, but I need to find a way to keep focused. Being here REALLY helps! I can look at certain foods and say NO, cause I don't want to disappoint myself or anyone here. But this week has just plain and simply sucked! UGH! I'm rambling again. Crap, crap, crap, crap!! HaHa!

Oh yeah, welcome mystic. This is a great place for support and venting...hehe!
Old 03-05-2009, 08:18 PM   #21  
aka Vicky

Lindy: Ok, I'm game. 10 pounds from what the ticker shows right now. I'm up a little from my ticker's current weight as well. But, WE CAN DO THIS!!! I'm extremely competitive as well, so hopefully this will kick our butts into high gear. It was nearly 60 degrees today, so spring if finally coming. Not sure if I have cabin fever that's causing this funk or what, but I can't stand it anymore. You and I will keep each other going.

Let's both be losers this month!!
Old 03-05-2009, 10:35 PM   #22  
This IS it...

Ok everyone. I am over my funk. Mine was a very short-lived one and I think it was mainly caused by being unhappy with what the scale was telling me even though I knew it wasn't truly right (water weight). It was gone this morning, so that put me out of my funk.

I think it's great MaddiesMom and Lindy have a competition going. I know it's late, so everyone might not read this by the morning. But I challenge everyone tomorrow to one day on plan, meeting our calories goals, and some sort of physical activity. If we can't do it one day, how do we expect to do it the rest of our lives? So I hope everyone will rise to the challenge, and report tomorrow evening how they did. Do it for yourselves! I think that by completing this challenge, it will hopefully knock everyone out of their funks. At least as it relates to dieting. Family, work, and various other causes of the funks might not be fixed. But achieving this small goal may help you to allow the others roll off your backs.

To everyone that has fallen off the wagon for the past few days...that's fine. In fact, it's slightly beneficial and it will maybe raise your metabolism. But now, it is time to get back to what you came here to do. Don't beat yourselves up for what has already happened. Just start tomorrow fresh and do the best you can. I know every one of you can do this and meet your goals. But you can't do it if you don't ever get back on the wagon. I want all seven of us (plus any additions along the way) to succeed at this, and I will tae it personal if you do not.

Now get to it!

I better hear positiveness (is that a word???) from all of you tomorrow!
Old 03-05-2009, 11:08 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

I am with you Tiff. I am going to stay on plan tomorrow. I didnt do bad today, but it just seems like I have no energy lately. I dont even want to get up and exercise. What can I do to up my energy. I know I am getting enough calories. I know I need to take my multivitamin and I will start back taking them tomorrow, hopefully I will see some improvement. So hopefully everyone stays on plan tomorrow and we will all succeed. I am going to go to bed and hopefully be up and energized tomorrow, have a great night and I will check in tomorrow.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:10 PM   #24  
This IS it...

Well, I hope I didn't scare everyone off! No one has posted today!!! Where are you guys?
Old 03-06-2009, 05:36 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Hey Tiff! I'm working back to back night shifts. So I've been too tired to do anything. But I have stayed on track calorie wise. My scale will not budge though and it's frustrating. I'm hoping that I'll have a big loss soon like you. I'll pop in tomorrow morning when I get home. C ya later!
Old 03-06-2009, 11:18 PM   #26  
aka Vicky

Tiff, you didn't scare me off...I just can't check the thread until after work (I'm super busy and trying to learn everything in 2 weeks is tough). I was fairly decent today...better than I've been in a couple weeks, so that's an improvement. I took Madeline out to the park when I got home from work, so we ran around before it got too cold to stay outside. A little exercise is better than nothing.

I'll check back later this weekend!
Old 03-07-2009, 09:14 AM   #27  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Hey ladies:

I dont have a lot of time but I wanted to let you know that I am going to be out of commission for the next couple of days. My brother was hit by a car Thursday night, a Lincoln Navigator to be exact, going 60 mph, so needless to say, he is not doing well at all.

Ill try and catch up later - good luck with your weigh ins this week.

Take care.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:39 AM   #28  
focus on me

Vicki-glad to hear you had a good day and it's nice that it was on Friday, cause it sucks going into the weekend on a bad note from work.

Neesy- hang in there, it will happen. Once you adjust to your shift change, you will be back, kickin our butts!

Tiff-I wasn't scared off either. Haha! Isn't it such a relief when you find out it's just water and not lbs?

The plans last night were to go with my aunt to see my mom. Mom put a stop to that when she called me (she doesn't like surprises) so I hooked up with a couple friends at...you know it-the bar. Surprise! (I love surprises) Actually, I ran into a good friend that doesn't get out much cause she and her hubby have an 16 month old, so it was a surprise to see her. Then the 3 of us went to see her brother play in one of his bands (at another bar). So needless to say, I got home late again. I do like my drinks. At least it's not calorie ridden beer.

So I weighed this morning to see where I stand for tomorrow. It's better than I thought considering the contagious 'funk' that was going on in here and what it did to me. So today I will work very hard to eat right. I sooo want some breakfast right now. Like eggs and-well, eggs. Hot breakfast, mmm! I'm getting a bit tired of yogurt or cereal and definitely oatmeal.

I plan on having subway tonight before I go with friends from work for board game night. They will be having a mexican/taco spread and I want to steer clear of that. Especially the way my insides have felt the past few days. The pizza incidents-yes, plural-did a number on me and I over-corrected by having too many Fiber One products at work yesterday. Wow-can you say G-A-S. Painful, too. I know-TMI. But I think things are back to regular now..haha! Get it? Regular...haha! OK, that was stupid. One good thing is-one of the girls from work is doing a biggest loser challenge at work, so she wants to do subway before we go over tonight. We can keep each other focused while we are there. YAH!

Well good luck to all today and tomorrow at weigh in. I'll pop in later to see how everyone is doing. Right now, I need to get some wonderful, healthy, hot, breakfast'y' food in me.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:44 AM   #29  
focus on me

Lindy - your post about your brother just popped up when I posted. OMG! Honey, my heart is with you and your brother. I don't know what to say... I hope he will make it through this and if you need us, we are here.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:06 PM   #30  
This IS it...

Lindy: My prayers are with your brother and your family. I hope he is ok!
Closed Thread