links to ab articles

http://www.prevention.com/cda/articl...xercises/0/0/1

http://www.acefitness.org/getfit/stu...bExercises.pdf
Snowbrocade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 06:39 PM   #257  

S/C/G: 151/151/130... was 190's in 06

Height: 5'4"

Hello!!

My weigh-in today was great, I am down 1.4lbs, so I only 17 pounds away from my goal! I don't think I will meet my goal by New Years but I will be pretty darn close. To meet my goal I would have to lose about 3.5 pounds a week and at this point because I am pretty close to my goal, I don't know if I can do it or if will be healthy to lose that much in a week every week.

Sno- Congrats on no weight gain that is fantastic!! Also thanks for the link to the ab articles, I having been doing crunches and oblique crunches pretty much everyday and really need to start switching it up. I am going to read those articles and see what I can learn from them!

I can't believe only 5 more weeks until New Years, WOW! This year has gone by fast and I am sure the next 5 weeks will fly by!!!

I hope we all make wonderful progress over the next 5 weeks!!
helpmelose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 07:50 PM   #258  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Hello ladies,

I am back on plan after my bad day on saturday, so i feel good about being back on plan. I did my WATP video tonight, i had a coughing fit afterwards, because of my darn chest cold, but hey, at least i got it done. I am trying to listen to my body. That entails a lot. That ranges anywhere from drinking more water, to not eating just because i am bored. Wow, what a realization ...i can do so many other things when i am bored than eat! That is a hard habit to break, but i am making progress, with a conscious effort.

Sno; that is great you are already back to your pre-thanksgiving weight. I have yet to step on the scale since thanksgiving. I will do it tomorrow, just to see where i am. Your goals sound great. I like your stay away from artificial sweeteners and eat yogurt twice a day goal. I think there is something to milk products helping with weight loss. I do better when i have string cheese and laughing cow cheese as snacks. Maybe it is because they are dairy, or maybe because they are a protien, but i do well when i have those. I am trying to watch my salt too. I feel so bloated when i have a cold...all that head congestion i guess.

Helpmelose: Glad you did well on thanksgiving. it is a good feeling...to be in control of food and not the other way around. That is awesome you went right back to low carb the next day. How did your weigh in go?

ok, lets gear up and plan for tomorrow.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 07:53 PM   #259  

hey helpmelose, i must have been posting at the same time as you. WTG on your loss.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:41 AM   #260  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Default check in

Exercise report:

Sunday--walk 30 minutes, leg/abs stretch session.
Monday--walk 40 minutes, leg/abs stretch session and 20 minutes gardenin

HML: that is awesome about the weight loss expecially over the holidays. I dont know if I will make my NY goal either but I figure it is better to challenge myself and basically I will be happy to keep losing at any rate during this season!

Stacey: great job on doing your video--isnt it great to be in the groove even when you are sick? I woke up feeling like I was getting the massive holiday cold but did my walk anyway. It feels good to keep on plan. I am working on the listening to body too. It is hard to break those habits, huh!

Have a wonderful week all!

Sno
Old 11-28-2007, 02:35 AM   #261  

Default check in

Exercise report:

Monday--walk 40 minutes, leg/abs stretch session and 20 minutes gardening
Tuesday---walk 40 minutes, leg abs stretch session, 20 minutes gardening
Old 11-28-2007, 08:41 AM   #262  

Hello ladies,
I am still doing well and trucking along on track. I wanted to weigh this morning, just to know where i stand for my weigh in on friday, but my alarm didnt go off and i was REALLY scrambling to get DS to high school on time. So i forgot to weigh, dang it. Oh well. I weighed a day or two ago and i was up a couple pounds from weigh in last week, although, i figured i would be. I have been getting my exercise in and feeling REALLY good about it. I think it is helping my cold, by expanding my lungs and getting into some heavy cardio, i think it is clearing the cold out. Although, had to sleep in a spare room last night because of all the coughing i do once i lay down. Bummer.

Sno: It looks like you are doing well with your exercise goals of the week? You are right though, it does feel good to exercise and push through it when you dont feel 100%, makes you feel strong and empowered. What are you doing in your garden? I LOVE gardening. In the summer i have a huge veggie garden and herb garden...along with my flower garden. But i love growing veggies and herbs. That way you know they are clean (no pestisides or chemicals on my tomatoes, ha ha).

HML: 3.5 pounds a week is kind of steep, but it is something to push towards, so long as you dont get too upset if you dont make the goal. Sometimes i play psychological tricks on myself. I will set a goal a little light, if i feel i will get too depressed if i dont make a tough goal. I would rather have a light goal and surpass it, than have a hard goal and not reach it...it does something to my psychi if i dont make a goal. Some people are the opposite of me though, they set a hard goal because it makes them push harder.

Ok ladies, i am off to clean my house and get some dictation (work) done. Have a strong day.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:58 AM   #263  
banned

S/C/G: 176/155/135

Height: 5'7"

AHHH!!
I've been so bad. Mainly in the sense that i've gained 2 pounds and I haven't been checking out this group in what, two or three weeks? I think that kind of proves that this thread is something that keeps me going.
So i'm up to 127lbs. I'm glad I caught it now. I'm now cutting out ALL processed foods, not allowing myself fast food (i used to do subway salads but i've opted for homemade now, they just put on too much dressing there! even when I ask for them to minimalize). I'm hoping I can get back no track and look good when I go to my moms to celebrate christmas.

Sno- I see you're down to 188. AWESOME! I need to keep reading your posts. You're a big part of whats gotten me to where I am.

I'll read more of your guys' posts later I just thought I'd write a quick one before I head off to work. I've missed you all and I hope you're all succeeding. If not, get back on track with me!

I can't believe we're basically down to one month. Scary stuff. 2 lbs in one month is doable for sure. I've already hit my original goal so anything after these two pounds is PURE gravy.

Whats everyones plan of attack come this christmas? Are you going to indulge for the one day? Small portions? Limit yourself? I've decided i'm going to use one of the salad plates for my dinner and eat only the white turkey (a smalll portion!) and then basically fill up on veggies, with a tiny bit of stuffing (i love it too much!) i'm going to try to not eat any of those treats that seem to come out this time of year, but that might prove difficult.
I do get work off from the 22nd to Jan 2nd, so i'm scared that sitting around at home might screw things up. BUT the b/f is out of town from the 22nd to the 26th so everytime i'm craving food i'm giong to work out, or if i'm just to tired to do so i'm going to take my dog for a walk. They say cravings subside after 14 mins so I figure that would be the perfect amount of time for a little walk for the guy. OH i'm also watching another pug shortly after xmas so my house will be full.

Talk to you guys soon. Good work everyone!
Elegant Departure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 01:28 PM   #264  

Default Wednesday

HI all:

I keep thinking I am going to see the scale jump down because I think I look thinner than last week. But still at 188--cant complain--it still seems like a miracle when I see that number on the scale!

Yesterday I tried on a bunch of clothes to see what goes and what stays. In addition I made a too small drawer. Its funny--I have one size twelve that fits too tight, one i cant even get on, a size fourteen that is too tight, and a size 16 that is too tight--go figure--I guess sizes are just a ballpark estimate! Mostly I fit in size 14 pants and size L top. I love it.

Stacy: Kudos on really doing it! This is the hardest time of the year, I think. I have often just said oh forget it by thanksgiving!! but I know I need to keep the goals going because I could easily gain 20 lbs from now to New Years and I would rather lose! I want to have my cake and eat it too and I think that is possible--I can have my planned holiday feasts and get right back on plan the next day! It feels good to exercise that control!

As for gardening, I am with you on the fresh herbs. I always have oregano, rosemary, lavender, sage, thyme and garlic chives in my garden. I love the smell of herb plantings and they look nice too. I am doing some prep for planting seeds and for doing some propagation. I am digging earth, sifting it and combining it with compost. I plan to plant wildflower seeds in flats so far, and I have a bunch of plants that I will take cuttings from.

Elegant: on coming back!! glad to have you back--what you are going thru is pretty typical--on another forum I chat with several women who have lost all their weight and are trying to figure out maintenance. From what I read on other threads and forums, gaining some weight back on maintenance is part of the process. What it does is let you know where you still need to adjust your thinking about food. I would be very interested to know what habits and thinking came back for you once you were off plan. That way I can prepare myself when I am working on maintenance!

My advice is to just focus on a maintenance plan right now that you can stick with, and sticking to exercise. I bet the 2 lbs come off on their own.

Also, post as much as you can and state your goals as much as you can--everyday would be ideal! I think posting 1-2x a day is why I have lost so much weight, and whether I get advice from all you wise ladies or I give it, it is the same--giving advice reinforces the changes in thinking need to do.

The main thinking problem that I worry about is how I used to just tune out from thinking about the consequences of my overeating when I was doing it. I think that is why posting is so key!! I am really setting a big goal for posting as much as possible when I am on maintenance. Just keeping it real!

Okay--have a great day all!

And remember !

Sno

Last edited by Snowbrocade; 11-28-2007 at 02:16 PM.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:13 PM   #265  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

Hi Ladies!
I've missed seeing so many of you! I'm back on this thread. I am still trying to get to my original goal and have just parked my butt at 111. I can't seem to move any lower so have been switching up the eating because the exercise is quite difficult for me to change up that much with two little ones running around. The treadmill is it for me.

Maybe I should do more yoga. Hm.

Anyway, good to see all of you!
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 11:37 PM   #266  

Default yay!

back Lekhika!

I was just thinking of you and was about to send you a PM. I was researching abs stuff and I know you do a lot of abs work.

on maintaining at 111--that must be a great number for you. And maintaining thru the holidays! I am proud!

Any holiday maintenance tips to share?

Sno
Old 11-29-2007, 08:52 AM   #267  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

Snow!!

Lookit you! Your loss has been A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! I can't wait to see a pic!
I have no tips for anyone. The only reason I maintained I think is because I was trying to lose weight...(does that make sense even?) So that's what curbed myappetite during the holidays. Plus, we're not a big cookie and cake family so that spared me as well.

I am no abs expert but I do a lot of work because I want to be rid of my belly. I still have quite a way to go but I htnk that's going to take a long long time and still my belly wont' be as flat as I like. (Childbearing kills you!)

My running really helps with my core, as does the yoga and of course the ab work. But my single most tip is rev up your cardio..that's the single best thing you can do for defnition at this stage.

Off to shower ladies!
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 12:50 PM   #268  

Thanks for the tips, Lekhika! Your steadiness with exercise has really paid off for you.

Forgot to post my exercise yesterday:

Exercise report:

sno
Old 11-29-2007, 01:09 PM   #269  

S/C/G: 151/151/130... was 190's in 06

Height: 5'4"

Well just checking in...

Sno: It looks like you are doing great on your exercising, I think it helps to post that kind of stuff here. I also agree with Lekhika, I have read quite a few articles and found cardio helps with belly fat A LOT!! That is something that I need to do more of, I try to get in walking everyday for at least 35 minutes, but I am kinda strange where I need to sweat to feel like I am getting a great workout and I have been slacking and not getting a sweat going. I am happy to see that I am at least walking, it is better than nothing and I am sure I will see some progress.

Lekhika: Welcome Back!! I also disappeared for a few weeks and boy am I glad that I am back, this board is fantastic and Sno is great! She is a great motivator and inspiration!!! You are not too far away from your goal, I am sure you will be able to make it! And I bet it helps not being a cake and cookie family, mine is and this holiday season will be pretty tough.

Elegant: I would eat Subway salads everyday and I am not sure if it hurt me at all, but what I did was avoided all of their salad dressings and just asked for a couple packages of their olive oil! It tastes yumm on the salad and would have them add a little pepper and oregano, you might want to try that if you are in a hurry one day!

Get N Healthy: Yeah I understand when I get into a hurry and forget to weigh myself, I hate when that happens!! With the 3.5lbs a week, at this point I am not going to try to lose that much in a week, I am just going to try hard over the next few weeks and see what happens. I will still be happy about the progress I have made so far!!

Last edited by helpmelose; 11-29-2007 at 10:43 PM.
helpmelose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 02:28 AM   #270  

Hi all!

Today I did something daring. I was in town and realized I had forgotten my lunch bar and was getting hungry. I decided to stop and have a slice of pizza! When I saw how big the slice was at the parlor I started worrying about my weigh in tomorrow. I asked them to cut it in half--and threw out one half and ate one half. I was full! I think I might have gotten away with about 195 calories from all my calculations. We'll see how I do tomorrow! I wish now that I had blotted the pizza with a napkin to get extra oil off.

I learned something--that is thinking about tomorrow's weigh in was what kept me from eating the whole slice--which was too much food anyway. I just want to remember that for when I get tempted, it seemed to really work. I actually saw my scale and me bending over it and being unhappy!

I also tried Michelina's Lean Gourmet Lasagne for dinner tonight--pretty good! Very different from nutrisystems. Plainer but I enjoyed it.

Wednesday--walk 20 minutes, gardening 20 minutes, sanding 1 hour
Thursday--walk 50 minutes.