Old 11-05-2007, 12:06 PM   #211  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Default Monday 8 weeks to go!

Hi all!

Yippee! One pound down today--considering I had a cheat night on Friday, that feels good. Back on track now.

How is everyone else?

Sno
Snowbrocade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 06:25 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 250/249/220

Height: 5'7

Smile

I saw this challenge and thought it's just what I need to get myself going. I'm hoping it's not to late to join.

I currently weight 249 and I have set a New Year's goal of 235. That's 15 pounds in 8 weeks. According to FitDay I need to lose 1.78 pounds a day. I believe I can do it. I would really like to be closer to 220 but I'm trying to stop the unrealistic goals and I am getting better. I'm not really doing any specific plan. I'm trying to eat at home more and cut WAY back on the fast food & restaurant food. I'm also reading the new book that was on Oprah called You: Staying Young. It's a good book so far. It really explains the right foods to eat and what to do to improve your life expectancy. Is anyone else reading it?

Ok, sorry for the long post and I hope I'm not intruding.
Dru_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 01:41 AM   #213  

Default Welcome to everyone!

Hi Dru:

This is a great group and we are always ready to have some more committed members to join us.

Sound like you have some great goals! I think your weight loss of 1.78 per week is doable. I have been on Nutrisystem for 6 months which is a plan thats around 1200-1300 calories per day. I lose about 2 pounds a week average.

Glad to hear from you and keep us all posted!

Sno
Old 11-07-2007, 11:52 AM   #214  

Default Tuesday

Hi all:

I am really motivated by this 100% til Thanksgiving thing. It feels good! And I lost another pound since yesterday. Oh, boy the 180's are close. Havent been there in a long time!

It will be far enough from the 200's so that I will feel safe.

Now that my knee is better I have started adding some going up and down hills to my walks--I think it really adds some nice moments of more effort.

Have a great day all!

Sno

PS--I figured out I am not obese anymore--I guess if you are below 30 BMI you are not obese! Yay!

Last edited by Snowbrocade; 11-07-2007 at 05:26 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:54 PM   #215  

Default Thursday gift!

HI all!

well it is so weird--I lost another pound today--my third this week. I guess that is a lesson to me!

You see last week I was messing around with my plan--eating part of my breakfast and then a bar for lunch and by the time evening came around I had a lot of food to eat so I would try to catch up. It made me totally not hungry which I liked but I also wasnt losing.j

Now I am making myself eat all the food at the right time. I am hungry and I am losing--I think I was slowing my metabolism last week.

Live and learn.

Must rush--need to take my old kitty to the vet for her shots.

Sno
Old 11-11-2007, 01:42 PM   #216  

Default Sunday

Helloooooo. ..

Where is everybody? Busy getting ready for the holidays? Come back and post--I miss you guys. We need to keep supporting one another to do well during this time of feasting!

Sno
Old 11-12-2007, 12:33 PM   #217  
banned

S/C/G: 176/155/135

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! I haven't been around cause its a long weekend here. Congrats on the 3 pounds in one week Sno! I rarely ever saw more than a two pound loss, but when I did it sure felt good. 3 pounds is awesome!

I've been off track this week. Probably the guilt that has caused me not to post so much. I jumped on the scale this morning prepared for the worse but my weight has remained that same. I'm not taking that as a sign i can cheat though, i'm just thanking my lucky stars and realising that I really need to get back on course. The weight training was going well until this week when I just got lazy. Lots of overtime at work has caused me to be to lazy to strength train when I get home. But i'm done with the excuses and I'm back on track. I took my dog for a 20 minute speedwalk then came inside to do my turbosculpt. Having now just finished breakfast I'm off to clean up the condo.

Congrats again Sno! One more pound and you're in the 180's that so exciting!
Elegant Departure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 12:33 PM   #218  

Default Monday 7 weeks to go!

Hi all:

well we have 7 weeks until New Years! Time is flying. The holidays will soon be upon us.

My plan is to be 100% except for Thanksgiving, my birthday on Dec 16 and Christmas.

On the feast days I want to have one meal that is a treat meal--and have one plate of anything I want in moderate portions, one serving of dessert--I will probably have two half servings. Also I get to have two pieces of candy whenever I want throughout the day.

My goal is to be able to have a treat meal on one day and go right back on plan--as opposed to in the past when if I went off plan for one meal , then the diet was over--I would eat all the holiday stuff for weeks and weeks.

So my weight loss for the last week was 3 lbs.

Take care all!

Sno
Old 11-12-2007, 09:13 PM   #219  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Hello Sno,
long time, no see. I did so well on the last challenge i had with you, thought i might jump in mid-stream on this one. I have done TERRIBLE. Big time spiraling down into a depression and binge fest. I got to where i wouldnt even step on the scale, in fear of what it would say. So with me, if there is no accountability for my actions, such as weighing, there is no restricting...so in turn, i gained back almost all of what i lost last time around. I could just cry. In fact i have. But any way. It is SO uplifing to see you here. You have done so well. Look at you! WOW, way to go girl!
But i have thought of you often, wondering how you were doing and what you were up to. It sounds like you are doing really well. You are in onederland...keep it up and know that you are an inspiration.
I would love to join your challenge. So ok, 7 weeks. My goal is 12 pounds. That would be a little less than 2 pounds per week.
How many pounds do you have left to meet your new years goal?
So glad see you had a challenge going? I knew it was yours just by the title...17 weeks to new years, ha ha. That is great. Talk to you soon, i have missed my weight loss buddy.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 01:59 AM   #220  

Default monday

Hi all:

well today I was starting my walk and my dog, a powerful 75 lb labrador0 noticed some stuffed animals I had put on the trunk of my car to air out. she started barking at them and then she reached up to sniff them. Something spooked her and she peeled out at top speed and rammed in to my bad knee(the one I have been re-habing for the last 6 months)I]--pushing it backwards hyperextending the joint. OWWW! The pain faded and I finished my walk and then came in to ice my knee--have been doing that all day to prevent it getting worse. I have had a few twinges and it is a little sore nothing major, so I am hoping it is okay.

Elegant--great to hear from you--I know it is hard when you are on a spree to admit it, but the sooner you post, the sooner you will break the cycle. Good for you for getting right back on the exercise.

to Stacey!! Where have you been, girl? Sorry things havent gone the way you want them to. The good news is you have not gained all your weight back and you are still under three hundred. That has got to be worth something. It is so hard to face up to these things, but I had to face up to my problem when I hit 262. I really feel thankful I have lost so much because it is so challenging! Just post and post!! You know the drill. Keep stating your goals and letting us know how you are doing. I have 14 lbs to go to meet my New Years challenge goal. He he--I know, I am always doing a 17 weeks till something day, or 18 or 12. I like concrete goals. Look, I know you can do it--you were doing so awesome before. I think one thing that has helped me is learning to appreciate what I have done and dont let my failures weigh me down. Anyway, Kudos to you for coming back and setting some goals!!

And dont forget

Sno

Last edited by Snowbrocade; 11-13-2007 at 02:08 AM.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:02 PM   #221  

S/C/G: 151/151/130... was 190's in 06

Height: 5'4"

Hey Sno! Wow it looks like the board has been lonely the past few weeks. I am sorry that I haven't been checking in but I got off track majorly!!! Oh well I am back ( I HOPE not to disappear). But my weight is 145 so I think that I am only up a pound, I haven't checked the stats that I posted last. I know we can all get through the challenging holidays together. I think we just have to remember to come in here and read the boards! I know that I have not been doing that but I need to! And I am going to!!
helpmelose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 08:25 PM   #222  

Tuesday. Doing well today. Got my 2 mile walk in, with my walk away the pounds video. Gosh i love those videos. Now if i could just get the weekends under control i would be fine.

Thanks for the warm welcome back sno. Hows your knee by the way?
Old 11-13-2007, 09:46 PM   #223  

Default Tuesday!

Hi all!

had some great weather today and got a lot of stuff done. Wasnt able to walk because of time but probably better to rest my little knee! It hurt a little and then there are larger twinges if it gets close to being hyper-extended again but I think it is just hurt, not injured.

Stacey--congrats on the good day, those first few days are so key to re-establishing a healthy pattern. Why dont we brainstorm about what is going on with the eating on the weekends? Describe what are the obstacles. I know you were able to manage weekends and holidaysbefore--what worked?

helpmelose: so glad to have you come back! Just remember that slips are part of the deal and its not so important that you cheat, it is what you do after that counts!!

Sno
Old 11-14-2007, 08:31 AM   #224  

Wednesday, feeling good about today. Hoping to lose two pounds this week. I lost three last week but then came the weekend. I dont know what my deal is on the weekends. I guess because everybody is home, kids and hubby, and DH wants sausage, eggs, etc for bkf on weekends. the problem with that is that dh cooks it, and he cooks enough for the whole family....so its there, so of course i eat it. The kids want mcdonalds for lunch. And i rationalize, this is MY problem, no sense in keeping them from having what they want for lunch...there again, its there, so i eat it. Then after cooking dinner all week, i just dont want to cook on the weekend...friday and saturday anyway. So i think i just need to tweak it a bit. Like instead of eggs made with cream and cheese, dh is going to HAVE TO compromise and go for egg beaters and turkey sausage. For lunch...the kids want fastfood, they are going to have to like subway. That is how i did it last time...i can do it again. I just have to get tough with the family. Whats you all's take on my weekend problems?

It does feel good to be back on plan though. I was just feeling so gross. The exercise feels SO good. I dont understand how i can feel good and be going strong and then so easily fall back into old bad habits. Why are those bad habits/lifestyle so easy and comfortable for me?

Sno, its nice you had good weather yesterday. I feel like i can get so much done on a pretty day. How is your air quality over there? I thought about you a lot during all those wildfires. Were they anywhere close to you? That is crazy. Just makes me sick that a lot of those are started by careless or cruel people. Now you all are having to deal with the oil spill huh? That is so sad. I am such an animal lover. Dang oil.

Well, i feel good about posting here early in the day, sort of a pep-talk for myself to get in the right mindset for the day.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:25 AM   #225  

S/C/G: 225/198.2/150

Height: 5'5

I'd like to join you guys. I want to be under 200lbs. by New Years. I weigh 216 right now, so I think it's a reasonable goal. My 19 year old daughter is in the NAVY and she is coming home on leave somewhere around January 15th. I haven't seen her since May of this year, and I miss her terribly. She knows I've changed to a healthy lifestyle and emails me encouraging messages all the time. She, as well as this board keeps me motivated. I'm using my daughter as my inspiration to never give up. She went into the NAVY at 18 years old and as a female has had to prove herself over and over in a male dominated atmosphere. She made it through boot camp and the Naval police acadamy, sometimes beating out the males in her group. I want to make her as proud of me as I am of her! Go NAVY....Go MOM!!
missingmyerica is offline   Reply With Quote