Old 10-28-2007, 01:14 AM   #196  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Gosh I have missed you guys.

I managed to blow all of my goals for the month and set myself back again, but that's life. I just have been to busy to concentrate fully on losing weight. Ironically, even through 3 weeks of eating like a pig and not writing anything down, I lost .2 pounds LOL. I think it is because I have been on my feet alot more than I used to be. I have 2 jobs now (and school of course) and it keeps me busy. I had been being quite the couch potato aside from my forced exercising.

I will catch up more later. Just letting you guys know I am still here. Just struggling.

PS. I am just going to start keeping my goals in my signature since they seem to need tweeking quite often ...I am just here for the support anyway

Last edited by sockmonkey70; 10-28-2007 at 01:16 AM.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 06:17 AM   #197  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

I forgot about this board, but here I am again. I am down 7 lbs so far toward the challenge. 14 more to go to hit 21 by New Years!!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 02:15 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Default Sunday

Hi Mary:

good to hear from you--I have been wondering. . . Two jobs--wow! no wonder some liberal eating has not caused gain. Sometimes transitions can cause a disruption in the eating plan. overall looks like you have done really well this year in losing and yes you are behind but you are better off than you were before you lost all that weight!

Mavis: good to hear from you--you forgot us? great job on losing 7 lbs! 21 lbs is probably doable by new years--especially if you increase the exercise!

Lekhika: mmm--homemade soups--yum! I used to do that a lot--now just not into cooking. Yeah---maintenance is so much harder than losing-- think because you dont get the rush of seeing results--you are just maintaining what you have lost--kindof a letdown after all the work. Maybe that is why there is such a high gain-back rate for dieters. I know you can do it tho--just talking about the disappointment about the difficulty is really important.

have a great day all!

Sno
Snowbrocade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 02:19 PM   #199  

ps--

Maybe something to help maintenance might be changing the way we think--ie making a big fuss about being the same weight week after week--like setting goals to maintain thru the holidays and forcing the yipee each week when they are reached until it does become a happy event? Does that make sense?

It is changing the thought from reward is losing to reward is maintaining. Maybe that is the tricky part.

If you think about it, it is a triumph if you compare yourself to your pre-diet self!

Last edited by Snowbrocade; 10-28-2007 at 02:25 PM.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:21 PM   #200  
I have less blubber!

Sno you don't KNOW how happy I am to have maintained/lost only a little (another pound this morning LOL) I was really excited about it.

I am trying my best to stay positive, rather than being discouraged over lost time. It's not like I gained anything, so no harm really. I am just ready to get back on track now and lose more steadily again
Old 10-29-2007, 02:05 PM   #201  

Default Monday 9 weeks to go!

Hi all:

well, we still have 9 weeks to go until the end of this challenge--and the end of the holiday sugar fest! I know that I will be under some pressure to stay on plan through the holidays--my birthday is also on Dec 16 so I have some big temptations coming. I am starting to plan for that.

Still at 193--one lb for last week--probably because I was sluffing on the exercise. I will try to get back on track for this week. Part of it has been doing some big household projects to get things in order--that has been tiring.

How is everyone doing? Any mid challenge doldrums?

Mary--you are so right--and your weight loss has been so great--182 is so different from 224. You must be down two sizes at least. It must be really encouraging that you didnt gain over the last few weeks. Keep it up and let us know how you are doing!

Sno

Last edited by Snowbrocade; 10-29-2007 at 02:05 PM.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:16 PM   #202  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

Mary!! Heeey! I missed you. Glad you're here and in the end...it's all a struggle isn't it? I'm still here and struggling...wishing I were at my goal already but sort of satisfied that I'm trying to do whatever I can to at least maintain!

Glad you're checking in with us!

And funny you mention it dude! I am so in the mid goal doldroms! But...the workouts feel awesome and hey that's great in and of it self.

On to November. I haven't lost an ounce this month...so I guess I need to work harder in November and hopefully be closer to GOAL!!!
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 08:51 AM   #203  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

Havent been for a while, but need to step up my healthy plan some - life seems to have got in the way recently, but here I am again!!

Im setting myself a goal of 14lbs by New Years. That would be 1.5 a week, which is doable as long as I keep at it!! I need to step things up again, and get the weight moving, gaining is not good!! I do really want this weight gone, Im fed up of being 200lb+ I want to see 199.

Last edited by pigginpodgey; 10-30-2007 at 08:53 AM.
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:25 AM   #204  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

You go Piggin! 1.5 sounds fairly reasonable!

I'm just checking in. My workouts are getting better and better. I was concerned (obviously now for NO reason at all) that I had a Uterine Prolapse situation happening...but it's not the case and so last night...I had an awesome workout...really pushed myself and I'm still a little high from that!

my goals are to eat well and get in my exercise (at least 5x a week) weekly!
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:51 AM   #205  
Changing My Lifestyle

S/C/G: 230/180/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi all...still not losing! I'm sitting at 203.5...which is up a pound.

I'm going to do things different in November as I'm determined to see ONEderland long before Christmas gets here!

Cheers, Tamara
tleef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:43 AM   #206  

Default Tuesday!

hi everyone!

good to hear from everyone.l I have a nsv today--I fit in my size 14 Dkny jeans!

Yay! I also noticed when I was getting up from the bath today that I really feel the loss of 69 lbs--really lighter.

Lekhika: great to hear more from you. I hope you can really enjoy your weight loss--it has been fantastic!! You are so close to your goal it probably wont make that much difference when you get those last pounds--keeping the weigh toff thru the holidays will be fantastic. The last few pounds are the hardest so give yourself the time you need to do it. The workouts are just what you need--maybe try some new exercise you have never done before--the body gets used to the same exercise.

Tamara and Piggin--you can definitly do it--and it feels fantastic to be below 200. I just got there a few weeks ago and it is awesome. Tho I think there is a little barrier to getting across the finish line! What is your plan?

Take care all!

Sno
Old 11-03-2007, 02:27 AM   #207  

Default Friday!

Hi all:

had a special dinner tonight. I had a filet mignon, mashed potatoes, broccolli and a few bites of cheesecake. It was really good--I think tho I could have eaten maybe half of it and saved th rest for later. I htink next time I will cut all this in half and put the half in a container. Anyway--we'll see if I gain weight tomorrow.

Hows everyone else?
Sno
Old 11-03-2007, 12:21 PM   #208  
I have less blubber!

Still not back on track. Scale said 186 this morning but I don't beleive it. I doubt I gained 4 pounds in a week.

Sounds like a delicious meal Sno!
Old 11-03-2007, 01:07 PM   #209  
banned

S/C/G: 176/155/135

Height: 5'7"

Last night was a cheat night for me. Two slices of Hawaiian pizza and 6 chicken kickers. Whoops! I took my measurements and realised theres still quite a few inches i'm looking to lose. I'm basically at the weight I want to be, so now i'm trying to figure out how many inches I need to lose, and I'm on the toning up wagon. My measurements are 35-27-35. I'm hoping I can lose an inch from the bust and 3-4 inches from the waist. I kind of would like to keep my hips so I don't want to lose from there. Lord knows my butt could use some drastic lift. I'm trying to make myself more comfortable with my body half naked (aka in my bra and panties.) so i'm walking around the house like that, which is proving difficult. Everytime I walk by a mirror i'm criticizing myself. Especially my cellulite, my loose skin and my horrible stomach. I figure this gives me incentive to make sure I stick to my strength training though and my toning. Its hard to open the fridge and grab something fatty when my tummy is showing! I hope everyones had a good beginning to the weekend.

Sno- 69 pounds is a tremendous loss and a huge difference. Congrats on the nsv, it's always a great feeling fitting into a smaller size. I managed to do the same on wednesday! Way to go!

Sock- always nice to hear from you. I doubt you gained 4 in a week as well, sometimes the scale plays tricks on us, i'd weigh in again tomorrow.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm thinking of buying a dress for New Years in the next few weeks. I figure i'll buy one that fits rather nicely but could look a little better in the waist and butt, that'll give me more push to work even harder at what I need to accomplish. Keep the posts coming everyone!
Elegant Departure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 07:31 PM   #210  

Hi all:

well I was up two lbs today but I have a feeling it was not really due to my dinner--I didnt feel overfull etc. Anyway I am sure it will gone soon.

Elegant: give your loose skin some time--they say about six months at least--some of that if not all will tighten up. Your measurements look great to me! So nice that you are evenly proportioned. Not me ever! Right now I am 41 34 46--which is about par for me--small waist, small bust and large hips--hard to find stuff that fits well. I usually dont go out for new years--not into the drunken hordes, but maybe some nice holiday outfits.

Last edited by Snowbrocade; 11-03-2007 at 07:36 PM.