Old 12-10-2007, 01:11 PM   #286  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Default monday 3 weeks to go!

Hello hello my friends!

Hope everyone is doing well--how are you? Havent heard from a bunch of you for a while--holiday doldrums?

Okay--remember we have 3 weeks to go until New Years, 2 weeks until Xmas--we could be losing or we could be maintaining or we could be gaining! I know a year ago I was gaining. Now I am losing right up to the wire.

What have you all chosen to do?

As for me, I lost 1 lb last week. I'll take it. That makes me 3 lbs to go for my birthday goal which probably wont happen. But I am close enough. So that leaves me at 184. I did pretty well with the exercise last week--5 days with the walking and 4 days with the calisthenics.

Lekhika: tee hee--puff pasty breaded and deep fried? Sounds good. yes my arteries protest also--it seems stuff like that would just leave cottage cheese in the veins! Keep up doing some exericise--30 minutes is good and will keep you fit until you can get back to a more regular routine!

Have a great day all!

Sno

Snowbrocade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:06 PM   #287  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

Snow
Yeah...it's a culinary adventure everytime I'm there. I'm back to the exercise.

I always feel so good when I work out, I wonder each time why I don't work out all the time. I'm eating well, doing good...happy with myself.
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:59 PM   #288  

S/C/G: 151/151/130... was 190's in 06

Height: 5'4"

Hey Sno!! Congrats on the pound!!

I am tired so short and sweet. LOL I lost a pound as well. I am happy to see that this past week I had some good days and not to good days with my eating. I baked a couple days and of course had to try the cookies. Oh well. LOL Hopefully this week I will stay on plan more and keep seeing my numbers drop!!!
helpmelose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 08:11 AM   #289  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Hello ladies,

Just a quick drop in. I picked up a new client for work and i have just been working my fingers to the bone. Then the whole Christmas shopping thing, leave little time for exercise but at least i have been eating okay. Not great, but not terrible. I will be happy if i maintain.

Good for you Sno for sticking it out and losing a pound. That is a VERY big deal 2 weeks from Christmas. WTG.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:33 PM   #290  

Default Wednesday

Hi all:

whoop had a really weird day yesterday. Accidentally took too much of my medicine and was out of it. Finally figured out today what happened--I was swinging between nausea and hunger so didnt eat much. Then that evening was starved and scarfed a bunch of food down. Who knows what is happening with my weight!!

ANyway, all is back to normal today--very tired but in the groove. Mostly read and slept. Did get out for a walk at 445--so did a 15 minutes walk with the dog who had kept putting her head in the bedroom door all day to see what I was doing.

I want to make some cookies for xmas and am strategizing with self as to how to do it without eating any. We'll see.

Great to hear from you, Stacy Lekhika and help me. Keep us all posted!

Sno
Old 12-13-2007, 12:34 PM   #291  

whoot! one more lb--that makes 79 lbs total lost and 19 to go!
Old 12-13-2007, 02:25 PM   #292  
focus creates results

Way to go Snow...you're a maniac loser! I'm so happy for you. It rocks coming here and hearing of your pretty consistent weightloss....It's quite inspiring. I'm plugging away....eating is on track...a little on the low side, I just can't seem to find a happy medium these days.

I have a great coupon for a free haircut at supercuts and I'm going in for a new do tomorrow. HOpe it's not a total disaster. Otay...over and out.

Oh, yeah...I did weights, squats and crunches yesterday. That's it by way of exercise.

I felt hellish cramps today and so got on the treadmill intending to only pound out like a mosey for half an hour and wound up doing an hour of cardio. I am showered and clean now...and feeling pretty good...well....aside from the cramps from ****..they're still with me...but I feel so good that I exercised.

Last edited by Lekhika; 12-13-2007 at 09:04 PM. Reason: correcting icky spelling and adding my mad cardio
Old 12-15-2007, 01:33 PM   #293  

Default Saturday!

Hi all!

Had my birthday meal with my hubby and some other treats. Needless to say my weight is up today--2 lbs! Anyway a few days of being on plan should take care of that. I think I have not been drinking enough water too.

I am fighting off a cold--please no--not right before the holidays!!

Lekhika--great job on the exercise-_I have totally sluffed off this week. Must get back in the swing! Let us know how the haircut went!

Sno

Last edited by Snowbrocade; 12-15-2007 at 02:05 PM.
Old 12-16-2007, 01:16 AM   #294  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

I'm still lurking mostly...Too ashamed to post. Haven't been able to pull through this slump. I am afraid of the scale. I will get on in the morning. I have a month until my next semester starts up so I should be able to turn this thing around. School is just too much of a distraction. Next semester will be relaxing though. I am just taking classes for fun.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:04 PM   #295  

Default Hi

Hi Mary:

good to hear from you--well starting school must be definitely distracting! And the holidays of course. How about working to maintain for now--keep us posted on how it is going.

Sno
Old 12-16-2007, 10:22 PM   #296  
focus creates results

Hi Mary!
Miss you. At least you're still lurking eh....Glad to see you're posting. I can see how distracting school must be, especially with your plate as full as it is. Fun classes sound like a dream!! I fantasize about just going to school for the sake of learning....

Potluck yesterday was great. We didnt' get back home until 1 am..the kids were beat. And I woke up today morning feeling like I was hungover, which was curious since I don't drink. I made it through today on hot tea and a killer soup I made in the morning....And then, I got this second wind at 6 pm and got in a killer workout! I totally rocked out my cardio. Maybe I have a shot at making my ultimate goal at some point before my Jamaica trip in April.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:59 AM   #297  

Okay I have been revving myself up--resisting peanut brittle and chocolate and have more goals to set!!

I am going to stay on plan until Christmas--I dont think I will get 4 lbs off by then but I can try! Then at Christmas I will have nutrisystem meals except for Christmas eve, and christmas breakfast and lunch. I will stick to my one serving rule for those holiday meals. And I will make sure to drink plenty of water so that I can drink just a little coke and enjoy it.

I am so funny--I dont care for alcohol at all but I still love coke!

I know it is so easy to get back into bad habits. I have been battling cravings all day from having my birthday lunches. I was a hairsbreadth away from seating a piece of chocolate tonight--I was having that pernicious thought again--just this one!! But I thought about how quickly it would lead to having it all the time and I didnt want that. (F---! that to the max, nuh uh--not after all my effort.)

I want to be able to have a celebratory dinner and then go right back to plan afterwards, whether it is losing or maintenance.

Okay so again my goals:

On plan till Christmas. Three meals off--but moderate feasting with eating slow enought to enjoy my food and no stuffing myself like a turkey(well I can eat stuffing just not stuff my belly!)--then right back on plan. Walking 5 hours a week, exercises 5x a week.

Here is a song I wrote for the Nutrisystem Christmas club forum:

Sleighbells ring, are you listening,
skinny clothes are a glistening
the beautiful muscles
are better than truffles
walking in the winter onederland!

Gone away, is the plus-size
Here to stay is the 12 size!
I sing a fit(ness) song
As we stroll for an hour
Walking in the winter onederland!

In the kitchen I can heat up health food
The fridge is fully stocked with fruit and veg
He'll say want some more and I'll say no way!
But you can eat it for me 'n get some pudge!

Later on, we'll conspire
setting goals on the forum
Our health will be great
and pounds will stay off
walking in the winter maintenance land!!

(Sing this while at feasting opportunities and all cravings will disappear, guaranteed!!)

Ho HO HO

Sno

I AM GOING TO SHOW MYSELF HOW ITS DONE!
Old 12-22-2007, 09:44 AM   #298  
move it

Hi folks, I haven't posted here in a while 'cause I've been dealing with studying for exams, but I'm glad to see you're still trucking. I can't believe Christmas is so close and New Year's Day is right behind it. I am losing weight but it is much slower than my original plan. I will be at this well into the New Year. Snow, I'm delighted that you've come so far. You must feel really good slipping into smaller pants these days. This Christmas is better than last, yes?

Merry Christmas to All!
seasoning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 09:00 AM   #299  
focus creates results

Back up a little....it's ok...I'm working on it still!!
Old 12-27-2007, 01:53 PM   #300  

Default 5 days till 2008!

HI all:

well I am back from about a week of non-stop eating. So much for all the goals!

Anyway I am going to get back on plan and try to get some of this holiday poundage off before new years--I am still in the minus column which is good but need to get back with the program.

How are you all doing?

sno